Brittney Griner Detained In Russia

17,814 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canon said:

riflebear said:

The 'Tom Brady of women's Basketball'? Ha!!!

You might as well call Viktor Axelsen the 'Tom Brady of international Badminton'. Just as many people watch that sport as the WNBA.

Women's basketball is more than the WNBA. Or did you miss why Griner was in Russia?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

You might as well call Viktor Axelsen the 'Tom Brady of international Badminton'. Just as many people watch that sport as the WNBA.

Women's basketball is more than the WNBA. Or did you miss why Griner was in Russia?

GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmmmm, vaping is not at all the same thing as drug trafficking.

Next week on RT: The insidious Cola plot to poison Russian Youth!
I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

What in this story makes you think she disrespects the US?

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Again, what makes you think she disrespects the U.S.?

Her words and actions? What makes you think she is gay?

Those words aren't disrespectful, nor were her actions. What else you got?

And she's gay because God made her that way.

Who gives a crap if she is gay? I just hope she can come home safely.

Ask the guy that brought it up.

You provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

You asked the question. "What makes you think she's gay?"

Until your question nobody had brought it up. Own it.

No. You answered a question that was not asked. I did not ask why she was gay - which is the question you elected to answer. I asked you how you knew she was gay.

We know she is gay because of her words and actions. Same way we know her opinions on the USA.

You lost, own it.

You asked the question but didn't like my answer?

And I should care why?

I did not ask the question you answered. You lost.

My bad, snowflake. If you only accept one answer maybe it's not really a question.

Snowflake? You made the mistake and then blamed me.

Democrat much?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
BearFan33
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittney-griner-russian-detention-state-department-access-denied

Free Brittney!
BearFan33
What is the group's opinion of our ladies wearing something subtle to support Brittney during the tournament? Would it be allowed and/or appropriate?

The media would be all over it. They love that kind of thing.

Could be a distraction to our players tho
303Bear
BearFan33 said:

What is the group's opinion of our ladies wearing something subtle to support Brittney during the tournament? Would it be allowed and/or appropriate?

The media would be all over it. They love that kind of thing.

Could be a distraction to our players tho
Honestly, eh?

BG was/is a great Baylor Bear, but none of the current roster (or coach for that matter) played with her and she has not been a super booster of the program since she graduated. Also, given that the reason for her arrest appear at least somewhat legitimate, and the diplomatic game is still underway, I think it is a little self-righteous to come over the top of another country's judicial system (such as it is).

My position can/will change if and when it becomes clear Russia manufactured the reason for her arrest or we get to full show trial status (which may be tomorrow for all I know).
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Who gives a crap if she is gay? I just hope she can come home safely.

Ask the guy that brought it up.

You provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

You asked the question. "What makes you think she's gay?"

Until your question nobody had brought it up. Own it.

No. You answered a question that was not asked. I did not ask why she was gay - which is the question you elected to answer. I asked you how you knew she was gay.

We know she is gay because of her words and actions. Same way we know her opinions on the USA.

You lost, own it.

You asked the question but didn't like my answer?

And I should care why?

I did not ask the question you answered. You lost.

My bad, snowflake. If you only accept one answer maybe it's not really a question.

Snowflake? You made the mistake and then blamed me.

Democrat much?

My mistake was saying God created her gay?

What board am I on ..

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash: "What board am I on .."

Sorry quash, they never got around to making a Progressive Virtue Signaling board.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

It's also other women's leagues no one watches, just like badminton. Way to reason it through, squash.
quash
Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

It's also other women's leagues no one watches, just like badminton. Way to reason it through, squash.

You think they're paid to play in empty arenas? Interesting.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

List all of the sold out wnba games. Go!
quash
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

We moved past the WNBA several post back. Keep up.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

List all the sold out Russia Women's league games. Go.
quash
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

Google shrugged.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

Google shrugged.

I understand. It is hard for you to transition from a social justice expert to an expert on the economics of an overseas women's Basketball league that no one heard of until last month.
Canon
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

Google shrugged.

I understand. It is hard for you to transition from a social justice expert to an expert on the economics of an overseas women's Basketball league that no one heard of until last month.

To be fair, he's probably pretty busy brushing up on his handball game.
quash
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

Google shrugged.

The economic aspect is clear and obvious: salaries are better overseas. Well, for women ballers. I don't know what Golem made in the Greek badminton league.
ABC BEAR
HEY MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE 'WHO GIVES A (BLEEP) FORUM.'
HuMcK
FormerFlash
Canada2017
No doubt a prisoner swap is being negotiated.

One high level spy for a lesbian basketball player.
Oldbear83
Canada2017 said:

Good trade, we won't miss Hunter anyway.
Canon
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

That would be swapping one drug trafficker for another.
Oldbear83
Canon said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

That would be swapping one drug trafficker for another.
As I understand it, it would be swapping a drug user for a drug trafficker, traitor, and low-life slime.
Cobretti
Whiskey Pete
Tough ***** She broke the law. You play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

If you go to a country, it may be best to not believe you're too good for their laws.
Harrison Bergeron
Cobretti said:

Wokey Joe's box of affirmative actions morons could **** up a one-car parade.
SIC EM 94
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

God did not make her gay…Satan, perhaps.
quash
OriginalUniversityOfTexas said:

tommie said:

Canon said:

This is on her. Don't bring illegal controlled substances into foreign countries. It demonstrates an incredible sense of entitlement for a pseudo celebrity to think she can get away with that in any foreign country.

You assume that's the case. Russia is notorious for "trumped up" charges.

This is the same Russian that attacked Ukraine to "De Nazify" the country.

May I introduce you to the Azov Battalion....

I introduced Canon, he never responded.
quash
SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

God gave Satan genetic overwrite authority? Huh.
ATL Bear
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Go ahead and point out on the double helix where the gay combo is.
nein51
quash said:

Canon said:

quash said:

Canon said:

riflebear said:

Just for the sake of levity.

Whiskey Pete
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Except being gay is not genetic, so there's that.

If you think different, then I guess you believe people are born straight or born a criminal or a murder or born a meth head or born a rapist or born a liberal or conservative.

Guess that means social sciences are a joke and a fraud. That society has zero affect on who you are, what you think, what you like and how you behave.
J.B.Katz
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not that anyone on this site cares about science, but homosexuality is a natural phenomenon also observed in animal species. If you believe God created the natural world, then you must also accept that homosexuality is part of his creation. Unless, of course, you choose to believe that are penguin males having homosexual sex because the devil made them do it.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/190987/scientists-explore-evolution-animal-homosexuality/

Same-sex behaviour ranging from co-parenting to sex has been observed in over 1,000 species with likely many more as researchers begin to look for the behaviour explicitly. Homosexuality is widespread, with bisexuality even more prevalent across species.
Forest Bueller_bf
J.B.Katz said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not that anyone on this site cares about science, but homosexuality is a natural phenomenon also observed in animal species. If you believe God created the natural world, then you must also accept that homosexuality is part of his creation. Unless, of course, you choose to believe that are penguin males having homosexual sex because the devil made them do it.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/190987/scientists-explore-evolution-animal-homosexuality/

Same-sex behaviour ranging from co-parenting to sex has been observed in over 1,000 species with likely many more as researchers begin to look for the behaviour explicitly. Homosexuality is widespread, with bisexuality even more prevalent across species.

Animals weren't created in the image of God, like people are. Homosexual relations are simply a sin, nothing more or less. God didn't create sin, he can't be in the presence of sin. We all are sinful, every single one of us, so nobody can pretend they are righteous, they aren't, but to say God created homosexuality is like saying God created sin or rebellion against God. God cannot be against God, so no, he did not create homosexuality in humans.

Penguins do anything they wish because they are animals and have no conscience as people do. They eat, they poop, they sleep, they have pleasure when they can, in that order. They don't think like us, because they aren't like us. They were not created in God's image.

Verses in the Bible will let you know God did not author Homosexuality in human beings..

Remember Jesus quoted the OT often, so it is valid and legit, otherwise Jesus/God Incarnate would have rejected the OT. Several verses, the theme transfered from the OT to the NT.

1) Lev. 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman, it is an abomination.

2) Lev. 20:13 If a man also lies with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have commited abomination.

3) Jude:7 When speaking of the destruction of Sodom and Gammorah, when speaking of the immorality, they also spoke of "they pursued unnatural desires".

God didn't "change His mind about what was a sin in the NT.

4) Romans 1: 26-27 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those contrary to nature, and the men likewise gave up natural relations, and were consumed with passion for one another.

5) 1 Timothy 1:10 Describing who will not be in heaven.... the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjerers etc.

6) Corinthian 6:9 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

So if God cannot be in the presense of sin and he hates sin, and verses in the Bible clearly put homosexuality in the category of sin, even described as unnatural and an abomination, why in this world would you attribute the act to Gods creation, since God did not create sin, and sin cannot be in His presense.

Of course satan doesn't make penguins do anything, sin is the realm of Humankind, not animals, satan wants Humans to sin. Animals were not created in God's image.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.