Brittney Griner Detained In Russia

17,827 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

That moment when biology gives you a reality check...
quash
muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmmmm, vaping is not at all the same thing as drug trafficking.

Next week on RT: The insidious Cola plot to poison Russian Youth!
I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

What in this story makes you think she disrespects the US?

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Again, what makes you think she disrespects the U.S.?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
STxBear81
hope she gets out and is safe
BearFan33
I just read Russia wants to hold her for 10 years. Ridiculous. Have her pay a fine and allow her to leave with time served.

Is Russia trying to angle for a prisoner exchange or something? It's a shame BG is caught up in the middle of all this. If I'm an American there, I'm getting the hell out of Russia ASAP.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Her words and actions? What makes you think she is gay?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Wrecks Quan Dough
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, you think objective facts allow you to discern the world around you? That is old school, man.

Everything comes down to your subjective "truth" versus someone else's subjective "truth." I am talking about nonstop debate, disagreement, and confusion on even the most basic matters. That is the new way.
muddybrazos
BearFan33 said:

I just read Russia wants to hold her for 10 years. Ridiculous. Have her pay a fine and allow her to leave with time served.

Is Russia trying to angle for a prisoner exchange or something? It's a shame BG is caught up in the middle of all this. If I'm an American there, I'm getting the hell out of Russia ASAP.
10 years seems harsh but different countries have different laws. I watched that show "Locked up Abroad" and have learned that it's best not take drugs of any kind into certain places. In Thailand they caught people with hash and give them life but i think that was for a kilo.
Canada2017
BearFan33 said:

Is Russia trying to angle for a prisoner exchange or something?
That is my suspicion as well .

High profile minority athlete .......Biden has to make the trade or piss off a significant percentage of his constituents .

Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

BearFan33 said:

High profile minority athlete .......Biden has to make the trade or piss off a significant percentage of his constituents .

What Biden voter demographic is going to be mad that he let Griner stay in a Russian jail? Inflation is at a 40 year high. Most folks are more concerned with food and gas prices than they are that a WNBA personality is in a foreign prison.
Canon
Canada2017 said:

BearFan33 said:

WNBA=\=High Profile
Canada2017
Canon said:

Canada2017 said:

BearFan33 said:

WNBA=\=High Profile
Game attendance.......no doubt .

Social media spotlight, wokeness quotient ............high profile .

Biden will make a deal .
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Those words aren't disrespectful, nor were her actions. What else you got?

And she's gay because God made her that way.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Canon said:

Canada2017 said:

BearFan33 said:

WNBA=\=High Profile

The league is not, the superstars are.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

That is your opinion.

We know she is gay through her words and actions.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Who gives a crap if she is gay? I just hope she can come home safely.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

I just hope she can come home safely.

Meanwhile Senator Romney is talking **** .

I just hope we can all come home safely.
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Ask the guy that brought it up.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

You provided an answer to a question that wasn't asked.
Drango Unchained
Canon
quash said:

Canon said:

Canada2017 said:

BearFan33 said:

WNBA=\=High Profile

The league is not, the superstars are.

Griner =\= superstar

You might as well claim curling has superstars
Canon
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Let's leave you being wrong twice in a row off to the side.

The real question is, can we get Colin Kaepernick to travel to Moscow right now with a pound of edibles?
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

You asked the question. "What makes you think she's gay?"

Until your question nobody had brought it up. Own it.
BearFan33
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittany-griner-arrest-geopolitical-nightmare-perfect-storm

They got a picture of a guy holding a "free Brittany" sign at one of our mens games in this article.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Interesting that a self proclaimed agnostic would say "God made her that way"
FLBear5630
BearFan33 said:

I'm reading she has been in jail for 3 weeks.

For some vape cartridges wth

Free Brittney!

Is that consistent with the law in Russia? Whether we agree is irrelevant. What is the law in the country you are traveling? Unless US Consulate can get her out, she is subject to their laws?

Got a 200 Euro fine for riding scooter and cutting through Marisnplatz in Munich. I had no idea it was illegal. They did not care. Paid what would be considered exorbitant fine for cutting corner. What we considered reasonable was irrelevant.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/12/us/brittney-griner-detained-americans-history/index.html
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

No. You answered a question that was not asked. I did not ask why she was gay - which is the question you elected to answer. I asked you how you knew she was gay.

We know she is gay because of her words and actions. Same way we know her opinions on the USA.

You lost, own it.
BearFan33
RMF5630 said:

BearFan33 said:

Free Brittney!

Is that consistent with the law in Russia? Whether we agree is irrelevant. What is the law in the country you are traveling? Unless US Consulate can get her out, she is subject to their laws?

Got a 200 Euro fine for riding scooter and cutting through Marisnplatz in Munich. I had no idea it was illegal. They did not care. Paid what would be considered exorbitant fine for cutting corner. What we considered reasonable was irrelevant.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/12/us/brittney-griner-detained-americans-history/index.html

I don't know what the law is in Russia for this. Hopefully the "up to 10 years" is worst case scenario.

I totally relate to the fact that one has to know the laws of the country you are in. Advice to anyone that wants it, don't take photographs in middle eastern airports.
FLBear5630
BearFan33 said:

RMF5630 said:

BearFan33 said:

Free Brittney!

I don't know what the law is in Russia for this. Hopefully the "up to 10 years" is worst case scenario.

I totally relate to the fact that one has to know the laws of the country you are in. Advice to anyone that wants it, don't take photographs in middle eastern airports.
Saudi was bad. I remember women from Aramco would talk and run around without masks on. As soon as they didn't want to talk, they would take a little black shawl out and put it over their head. If you didn't leave, next thing you knew 2 cops with M16s would be in your face.

Luckily, I didn't have any run-ins, but I had to go to the Dharan jail to get soldiers out to meet with a very unhappy 1st Sgt. Law is the law there, they did not care.
muddybrazos
BearFan33 said:

RMF5630 said:

BearFan33 said:

Free Brittney!

Dont get caught with hash in Williamson county either. There was a kid in 2014 that was caught with a batch of hash brownies there. He had the equivalent of 4 grams of hash oil which is not very much. The charges against him had him looking at 5year to life in prison. I dont think he had to serve the full 5 years but point is it wasnt that long ago that you could do serious time for hash in Texas.
PacificBear
Russians make prisoners sing their National Anthem daily. Uh oh.
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

No. You answered a question that was not asked. I did not ask why she was gay - which is the question you elected to answer. I asked you how you knew she was gay.

We know she is gay because of her words and actions. Same way we know her opinions on the USA.

You lost, own it.

You asked the question but didn't like my answer?

And I should care why?
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

You lost, own it.

And I should care why?

I did not ask the question you answered. You lost.
riflebear
Canon
riflebear said:

The 'Tom Brady of women's Basketball'? Ha!!!

You might as well call Viktor Axelsen the 'Tom Brady of international Badminton'. Just as many people watch that sport as the WNBA.
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

You lost, own it.

And I should care why?

I did not ask the question you answered. You lost.

My bad, snowflake. If you only accept one answer maybe it's not really a question.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.