Brittney Griner Detained In Russia

17,824 Views | 281 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
Married A Horn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Facts & very clear to the point Bible verses??

Psshhh - gotta use feelings man! Its the only language they'll accept. (Be sure the feelings are leftist approved - they are starting to cross the streams on that so its hard to keep up.)

(Great post)
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
ATL Bear
J.B.Katz said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Hmmmm, vaping is not at all the same thing as drug trafficking.

Next week on RT: The insidious Cola plot to poison Russian Youth!
I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

What in this story makes you think she disrespects the US?

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Again, what makes you think she disrespects the U.S.?

Her words and actions? What makes you think she is gay?

Those words aren't disrespectful, nor were her actions. What else you got?

And she's gay because God made her that way.

God did not make her gay…Satan, perhaps.

God gave Satan genetic overwrite authority? Huh.
Go ahead and point out on the double helix where the gay combo is.
Not that anyone on this site cares about science, but homosexuality is a natural phenomenon also observed in animal species. If you believe God created the natural world, then you must also accept that homosexuality is part of his creation. Unless, of course, you choose to believe that are penguin males having homosexual sex because the devil made them do it.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/190987/scientists-explore-evolution-animal-homosexuality/

Same-sex behaviour ranging from co-parenting to sex has been observed in over 1,000 species with likely many more as researchers begin to look for the behaviour explicitly. Homosexuality is widespread, with bisexuality even more prevalent across species.

I care about science. Science says there's no gay gene. If you need a link to the latest study confirming that, I'll be happy to link it, but Google works well.

And once again you're referring to learned behavior. Learned behavior is a hallmark of the animal world.
SIC EM 94
quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

I haven't read the news on this particular story, but someone told me that the vape pods contained illegal drugs. Is that true?
yes, most all weed vapes contain hash oil. Maybe she will have a greater respect for the USA when she gets back here eventually.

I dont think she disrespects the US other than she doesnt like the anthem being played but maybe she will realize that we have it pretty good here.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/wnb-as-brittney-griner-national-anthem-has-no-place-in-wnba-sports-222810318.html

"I'm going to protest regardless," she said. "I'm not going to be out there for the national anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that's fine. It will be all season long, I'll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself."

Naw…people choose to be gay. God certainly didn't make them that way.
quash
ATL Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not that anyone on this site cares about science, but homosexuality is a natural phenomenon also observed in animal species. If you believe God created the natural world, then you must also accept that homosexuality is part of his creation. Unless, of course, you choose to believe that are penguin males having homosexual sex because the devil made them do it.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/190987/scientists-explore-evolution-animal-homosexuality/

Same-sex behaviour ranging from co-parenting to sex has been observed in over 1,000 species with likely many more as researchers begin to look for the behaviour explicitly. Homosexuality is widespread, with bisexuality even more prevalent across species.

I care about science. Science says there's no gay gene. If you need a link to the latest study confirming that, I'll be happy to link it, but Google works well.

And once again you're referring to learned behavior. Learned behavior is a hallmark of the animal world.

It doesn't require a specific gene to be natural. Most traits are scattered across loads of locations. But there is the fact that mothers of homosexual men are a little more fertile, meaning there's a genetically derived advantage.

And God doesn't make people gay. Because god doesn't make people.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Married A Horn
God says its unnatural in Romans 1. I'll go with what he says over you.

/thread
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

It doesn't require a specific gene to be natural. Most traits are scattered across loads of locations. But there is the fact that mothers of homosexual men are a little more fertile, meaning there's a genetically derived advantage.

And God doesn't make people gay. Because god doesn't make people.

I've seen that BS assessment on fertile women. Micro level sample size and a drastic stretch. It also runs counter to demographic realities that show most homosexuals come from small and/or single parent households.

The reality is they cannot reliably tie any genetic factor to homosexuality because each profile they settle on still expressed heterosexuality in both men and women the majority of the time. The variance only ties to ratios modestly above generally accepted ratios for the population in general.
Porteroso
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Homosexuality is found in many animals. I don't think there is a gay gene though. Nor a straight one.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

SIC EM 94 said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

quash said:

muddybrazos said:

Rawhide said:

Oldbear83 said:

Homosexuality is found in many animals. I don't think there is a gay gene though. Nor a straight one.
Many animals eat their own poop too
Porteroso
Married A Horn said:

/thread

The Greek for homosexuality in the NT also refers to homosexual assault. It is used when referring to the Romans keeping make sex slaves, to avoid impregnation women, for example.

Of all people of course it's you that thinks you can paraphrase 1 verse then claim victory. You must be on a team with Mortha.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

The Greek for homosexuality in the NT also refers to homosexual assault.

It is a harmful, offensive, or provocative touching. That makes it assault every single time.
Porteroso
He Hate Me said:

Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

It is a harmful, offensive, or provocative touching. That makes it assault every single time.

I don't agree. My personal opinion is that God isn't dumb, he doesn't hand out rules for the fun of it. That's what the OT Pharisees were doing, and the NT Southern Baptists.

Much like the Catholic literal interpretation of sow your seed, have as many babies as you can, the OT laws against homosexuality were more of less vital to ensuring the survival of humanity at first, the survival of the chosen people afterwards, and the survival of a fledgling Christian church last.

Take any rule from the OT that modern Christianity doesn't follow, and it's the same argument. God is not static. We get to eat bacon now because we know about washing our hands after we slaughter the pig, before we go pork the wife or husband.

And while there were very good reasons to make many children before, the survival of God's people no longer depends on it. If you still think homosexuality is a sin, I think you need to avoid condoms, birth control, have church on Saturday, follow all the rituals associated with Sabbath, not celebrate Christmas or Easter, and on and on. The New Testament much less specifically targets consensual homosexuality as sin. And given Paul's preaching against the sins of the Romans, given how common male sex slaves were, or the elites raping whoever they wanted, the case can be made that the NT never actually targets homosexuality.

In any case, I know some seriously gay people. I mean they are really gay. I don't think the devil made them that way, I just think even 500 years ago they'd be the same way, just as gay, but of course burned at the stake by married a horns kids.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Porteroso said:

He Hate Me said:

Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

I don't agree.

No one except yourself cares about your opinion. Almost 2000 years of Christian teaching, plus another 2000 years of Hebraic teaching, plus the objective word of scripture disagrees with you and teaches that Homosexual conduct is wrong. Authority of the Sages or Porterosos feelings?
Married A Horn
Better than a team with satan
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

The Greek for homosexuality in the NT also refers to homosexual assault. It is used when referring to the Romans keeping make sex slaves, to avoid impregnation women, for example.

Of all people of course it's you that thinks you can paraphrase 1 verse then claim victory. You must be on a team with Mortha.

There are no 'victories' on an internet message board.

Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

He Hate Me said:

Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

I don't agree. My personal opinion is that God isn't dumb, he doesn't hand out rules for the fun of it. That's what the OT Pharisees were doing, and the NT Southern Baptists.

Much like the Catholic literal interpretation of sow your seed, have as many babies as you can, the OT laws against homosexuality were more of less vital to ensuring the survival of humanity at first, the survival of the chosen people afterwards, and the survival of a fledgling Christian church last.

Take any rule from the OT that modern Christianity doesn't follow, and it's the same argument. God is not static. We get to eat bacon now because we know about washing our hands after we slaughter the pig, before we go pork the wife or husband.

And while there were very good reasons to make many children before, the survival of God's people no longer depends on it. If you still think homosexuality is a sin, I think you need to avoid condoms, birth control, have church on Saturday, follow all the rituals associated with Sabbath, not celebrate Christmas or Easter, and on and on. The New Testament much less specifically targets consensual homosexuality as sin. And given Paul's preaching against the sins of the Romans, given how common male sex slaves were, or the elites raping whoever they wanted, the case can be made that the NT never actually targets homosexuality.

In any case, I know some seriously gay people. I mean they are really gay. I don't think the devil made them that way, I just think even 500 years ago they'd be the same way, just as gay, but of course burned at the stake by married a horns kids.

Matt. 19 ... how do you explain away?
Married A Horn
Romans 1:27 ASV (very literal translation) ...which is against nature: 27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.

(Not paraphrased - Not Old Testament. You just dont like it because you are evil.)
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
JXL
Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

The problem with the argument that Romans 1 refers to sexual assault lies in the fact that the passage says that the men "burned in their lust one towards another," indicating that the feeling was mutual. Sexual assault victims rarely burn with lust towards their assailants.
Osodecentx
Osodecentx
As far as Brittney Griner, the Phoenix Mercury center and 2019 WNBA MVP runner-up, is concerned, there's no valid reason for playing the national anthem before sports events and she plans to take a stand by continuing to remain in the locker room while it is played.

"I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season," Griner said (via the Arizona Republic). "I think we should take that much of a stand."
FormerFlash
Osodecentx said:

As far as Brittney Griner, the Phoenix Mercury center and 2019 WNBA MVP runner-up, is concerned, there's no valid reason for playing the national anthem before sports events and she plans to take a stand by continuing to remain in the locker room while it is played.

"I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season," Griner said (via the Arizona Republic). "I think we should take that much of a stand."
She may end up with a better appreciation for our country after this experience. I'd be curious to hear her answer when asked about it.
Married A Horn
A logical person would. Liberals dont operate on logic - they operate on emotion. Nothing will change.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Guy Noir
Griner is in a tough position and her country is trying to get her out of Russia. It is disheartening to see the Russian Government continue to delay hearings and decisions adding months on to her incarceration.

I think it is a catch-22 to raise attention to get her out. Surely we need to keep this issue in the forefront, but the Russian Government might react to political pressure by keeping her longer, just to demonstrate they are the ones in control of the situation..
Forest Bueller_bf
Married A Horn said:

Romans 1:27 ASV (very literal translation) ...which is against nature: 27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.

(Not paraphrased - Not Old Testament. You just dont like it because you are evil.)
Here is the literal translation from this section..

Even for females (of them) changed the natural use into that (contrary to) nature. Likewise then also
the males (having left) the natural use (of the) female (were inflamed) in the desire (of them) toward (one another) males with males the shame (working out) and the recompense which (was fitting) (of the) error (of them) in themselves receiving.
Forest Bueller_bf
Guy Noir said:

Griner is in a tough position and her country is trying to get her out of Russia. It is disheartening to see the Russian Government continue to delay hearings and decisions adding months on to her incarceration.

I think it is a catch-22 to raise attention to get her out. Surely we need to keep this issue in the forefront, but the Russian Government might react to political pressure by keeping her longer, just to demonstrate they are the ones in control of the situation..
Yes back to the original subject matter, it is pretty obvious the Russian government is doing her wrong.

They probably are wanting to trade a serious criminal for her, which is all kinds of wrong.

I also don't see it as our administration has pushed this issue enough, they are probably not wanting to
step on toes.

The US needs to get her out of there for this relatively minor offense.
Osodecentx
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Guy Noir said:

Yes back to the original subject matter, it is pretty obvious the Russian government is doing her wrong.

They probably are wanting to trade a serious criminal for her, which is all kinds of wrong.

I also don't see it as our administration has pushed this issue enough, they are probably not wanting to
step on toes.

I agree
FormerFlash
Married A Horn said:

A logical person would. Liberals dont operate on logic - they operate on emotion. Nothing will change.
I forgot to include the /s in my post.
quash
He Hate Me said:

Porteroso said:

He Hate Me said:

Porteroso said:

Married A Horn said:

/thread

Lol. Not even

I don't agree.

No one except yourself cares about your opinion. Almost 2000 years of Christian teaching, plus another 2000 years of Hebraic teaching, plus the objective word of scripture disagrees with you and teaches that Homosexual conduct is wrong. Authority of the Sages or Porterosos feelings?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Forest Bueller_bf
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Guy Noir said:

step on toes.

Quote:

Monday's hearing complicated things. Russian state media reported the government would free Griner in exchange for convicted arms trafficker Viktor Bout, also known as the "Merchant of Death." Bout was arrested in Thailand in 2008, extradited to the U.S. and sentenced to 25 years for conspiracy to kill U.S. citizens, delivery of anti-aircraft missiles and providing aid to a terrorist organization.
Looks like Russia floated this trade out there, right now they are saying she will be detained for another 6 months.

Russia is being a jerk about this situation, trying to leverage it obviously for their advantage.
ATL Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Guy Noir said:

step on toes.

Quote:

Monday's hearing complicated things. Russian state media reported the government would free Griner in exchange for convicted arms trafficker Viktor Bout, also known as the "Merchant of Death." Bout was arrested in Thailand in 2008, extradited to the U.S. and sentenced to 25 years for conspiracy to kill U.S. citizens, delivery of anti-aircraft missiles and providing aid to a terrorist organization.
Looks like Russia floated this trade out there, right now they are saying she will be detained for another 6 months.

Russia is being a jerk about this situation, trying to leverage it obviously for their advantage.
The movie Lord of War was loosely based on Viktor Bout.
nein51
One of my favorite movies of all time.

"They call me the Lord of War"
"Warlord"
"I prefer it my way"

There are at least 5-6 just perfect lines in that movie.
Harrison Bergeron
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Guy Noir said:

step on toes.

I disagree. Why should she be above the law? She's always prattling on about "white privilege." Why should she benefit from "American privilege?" Let her due the time - she was big enough to do the crime. Certainly don't want to release an arms dealer. She seems like she's be happier there anyway in the land of no T'Racism and police.
Cobretti
SIC EM 94
Cobretti said:

She got all "patriotic" today real fast. Funny how quickly that happens when you need your country to save your ass.
Canada2017
Cobretti said:

Biden will ' save ' her...I have no doubt of that .

Putin holds all the cards as the pressure on Biden to 'perform' is growing daily .

Whomever Putin is demanding as part of an exchange.....he's going to get.

Soon .

Forest Bueller
SIC EM 94 said:

Cobretti said:

She got all "patriotic" today real fast. Funny how quickly that happens when you need your country to save your ass.

On the 4th of July, our family normally honors the service of those men who fought for our freedom, including my father who is a Vietnam War Veteran," another part of the letter reads. "It hurts thinking about how I usually celebrate this day because freedom means something completely different to me this year."

Is this what you are talking about?

She has always had total freedom even as a beloved openly gay woman at a christian University. It's not a bad thing that she is finally owning it. Hey, most people grow as a person as they age, this episode is forcing some quick growing up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.