Kneeling on a public field and Jesus' piety

3,025 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Forest Bueller_bf
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Waco,

John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances but judge with right judgement."

I also do not believe in paying out loud…but I don't judge those who do. God is the only judge.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
drahthaar
Waco1947 said:

If Jesus were to read today's SCOTUS decision allowing a public school coach to pray on field after a game, Jesus wouldn't recognize the religion at issue, given that Jesus taught this (Matthew 6:5-7):
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
#hypocrites #scotus #prayer
In addition, Jesus went in private to pray.
He He taught the lords prayer in private. He prayed in private at the garden of Gethsemane. Coach is simply being a Showboat for Jesus rather than a disciple
Well, I guess BU needs to fire Aranda and Drew immediately since they violate Jesus' rules. They are obviously bad Christians, right?
Golem
ScruffyD said:

as long as everyone's cool with a coach asking to read/pray from the Koran at midfield too.

If you're thanking God for a safe end to a vigorously played and sometimes dangerous game, as this coach was, throw down your prayer mat, do your calisthenics, and rub your head on the carpet to get that visible dark spot on your forehead all you like.

Your right to exercise religion doesn't go away just because of who employs you or what property you happen to stand, kneel or bob up and down on.
Waco1947
drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

If Jesus were to read today's SCOTUS decision allowing a public school coach to pray on field after a game, Jesus wouldn't recognize the religion at issue, given that Jesus taught this (Matthew 6:5-7):
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
He He taught the lords prayer in private. He prayed in private at the garden of Gethsemane. Coach is simply being a Showboat for Jesus rather than a disciple
Well, I guess BU needs to fire Aranda and Drew immediately since they violate Jesus' rules. They are obviously bad Christians, right?
It is a Christian university. Two separate issues - legal and scriptural
Waco1947
drahthaar
Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Most opponents are not and it's a public forum.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

You really need to put forth your Butt Sex on the Mount sermon. It has been too long. Also topical, why not tell us again why being against abortion makes one sexist, regardless of preferred pronouns.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

as long as everyone's cool with a coach asking to read/pray from the Koran at midfield too.
So very true but public pray still goes against Jesus' clear teaching.
No.

Matthew 6:58 has nothing to do with whether we should pray in public or not. This passage is related to the reason we are praying.

What it's saying is don't pray for appearances. If you think this coach is praying for appearances, assert that, don't make up a false interpretation of where one can and can't pray.
The coach is praying for appearances.
I believe Jesus said literally in the same sermon admonished against foolish judgment.
Harrison Bergeron
Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

If you're thanking God for a safe end to a vigorously played and sometimes dangerous game, as this coach was, throw down your prayer mat, do your calisthenics, and rub your head on the carpet to get that visible dark spot on your forehead all you like.

Your right to exercise religion doesn't go away just because of who employs you or what property you happen to stand, kneel or bob up and down on.
Exactly. Wearing a hijab or yarmulke is just as much expressing religion as praying. 47 and his ilk would lose their mind if those were banned in schools. Quite the opposite - many schools accommodate Muslim students that wish to pray during the day. Notice he's never started a thread *****ing about that.
Golem
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

You really need to put forth your Butt Sex on the Mount sermon. It has been too long. Also topical, why not tell us again why being against abortion makes one sexist, regardless of preferred pronouns.

The Gospel of Waco1947: Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall spread the butt cheeks, shall spread also the word of our father below and the blessings of both AIDS and Monkeypox and, yay even antibiotic resistant Gonorrhea shall be given to him. Indeed all the itches and sores and discharges shall be counted a blessing unto he/him, they/them or any who shall lay with biological men in groups greater than or equal to seven. On pride month shall you take into yourself the genetic material of strangers and ye shall block none of the issue with a sheath over thine members partner or partner's member. Ye shall repeat 'love is love' and know ye that by love, thou meanest only rutting line feral hogs in fallow fields.
Forest Bueller_bf
Waco1947 said:

[url=https://www.biblestudytools.com/matthew/7-1.html][/url]
Quote:

1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

You have highlighted your "good deeds" on many occasions. Many would call that "showboating" You don't know this mans heart.

This is a pretty minor offense, if indeed it is, which I won't assume it is.

Forest Bueller_bf
Harrison Bergeron said:

Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

Exactly. Wearing a hijab or yarmulke is just as much expressing religion as praying. 47 and his ilk would lose their mind if those were banned in schools. Quite the opposite - many schools accommodate Muslim students that wish to pray during the day. Notice he's never started a thread *****ing about that.
They aren't christian though. If you will notice 47 only attacks christians.

I think a person should be allowed to wear their head covering if it is that important to them.

I can tell you one time I know it hurt the person wearing it. They were playing a HS basketball game, she was very mobile and could shoot a little bit. But that Hijab kept getting in the way, and you could tell it was a hinderance to her game. In that case wearing it hurt the task at hand. If you are just in the classroom no problem.
GrowlTowel
Golem said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

The Gospel of Waco1947: Verily I say unto you, whosoever shall spread the butt cheeks, shall spread also the word of our father below and the blessings of both AIDS and Monkeypox and, yay even antibiotic resistant Gonorrhea shall be given to him. Indeed all the itches and sores and discharges shall be counted a blessing unto he/him, they/them or any who shall lay with biological men in groups greater than or equal to seven. On pride month shall you take into yourself the genetic material of strangers and ye shall block none of the issue with a sheath over thine members partner or partner's member. Ye shall repeat 'love is love' and know ye that by love, thou meanest only rutting line feral hogs in fallow fields.
Quality. Will read again.
fubar
I typically enjoy your perspective W'47, but any judgment of this coach's behavior seems to be precisely the kind of judgment Jesus reserves to Himself.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Harrison Bergeron
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

I think a person should be allowed to wear their head covering if it is that important to them.

I can tell you one time I know it hurt the person wearing it. They were playing a HS basketball game, she was very mobile and could shoot a little bit. But that Hijab kept getting in the way, and you could tell it was a hinderance to her game. In that case wearing it hurt the task at hand. If you are just in the classroom no problem.
There are too many progressive hypocrisies to name, but the double standard applied to Christianity and Orthodox Judaism vs. Islam is one of my favorites. Every progressive I know if wildly anti-Christian but loves Islam even though it is exponentially more opposed to their favorite Culture War passions.
Canada2017
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

The old fella is simply not lucid more than 50% of the time .

Just flings out whatever pops into his short circuited mind and 2-3 relatively new posters attempt to have a rational discussion with him .

After a few such experiences most figure out its a total waste of time .
Proud 1992 Alum
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Matthew 6:58 has nothing to do with whether we should pray in public or not. This passage is related to the reason we are praying.

What it's saying is don't pray for appearances. If you think this coach is praying for appearances, assert that, don't make up a false interpretation of where one can and can't pray.

How would you know ass**le?
Waco1947
drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Most opponents are not and it's a public forum.
Most opponents of what? Does Aranda lead the team in public prayer? If he does lead the the team then that becomes an issue of his personal piety and whether he chooses to exercise that right at a Christian university.
Again, the issues are legal and scriptural.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Name calling flies in the face of the love commandment. I suggest a deeper pray life.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

The old fella is simply not lucid more than 50% of the time .

Just flings out whatever pops into his short circuited mind and 2-3 relatively new posters attempt to have a rational discussion with him .

After a few such experiences most figure out its a total waste of time .
flag Canada again. His ad hominin attacks are wearisome and show a lack of respect. I would suggest he enter into pray with Jesus about his hate.
Waco1947
Waco1947
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Please flag Growl. We need to clean this forum of ad hominin attacks.
Waco1947
Proud 1992 Alum
Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Name calling flies in the face of the love commandment. I suggest a deeper pray life.

Aren't you in effect name-calling by stating that the coach is praying for appearances? I ask again, how would you know?
Waco1947
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Aren't you in effect name-calling by stating that the coach is praying for appearances? I ask again, how would you know?
Name calling would "the Pharisaical coach." I am sure he is a faithful man but he is a poor witness to his faith because he flies in the face of Jesus' clear command. The Supreme Court says that it is ok but Jesus does not.
Waco1947
Golem
Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Name calling would "the Pharisaical coach." I am sure he is a faithful man but he is a poor witness to his faith because he flies in the face of Jesus' clear command. The Supreme Court says that it is ok but Jesus does not.

Stop lying. Jesus specifically said don't pray like the Pharisees. For an example of a public prayer of thanks, see Jesus' prayer of thanksgiving in front of the 5,000.

Matt 14:19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

A prayer of thanksgiving after God meets the needs of your group is not only appropriate, it's exactly mimicking Christ.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Flag me? These are your posts. You have written numerous times about the salvation of **** on a dick so long as it is monogamous - like that matters. Fecal matter is fecal matter. You have preached for years about how supporting abortion means that you support berthing people. You are a woke nightmare purposely pulling people off the path to God. You are evil.
Redbrickbear
ScruffyD said:

Did you get that hot take from twitter or reddit?

And yes I have no problem with a Muslim teacher praying and exercising his 1st amendment rights.

Also the teacher in question prayed after the game was over....just to clarify.
Waco1947
Golem said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

Stop lying. Jesus specifically said don't pray like the Pharisees. For an example of a public prayer of thanks, see Jesus' prayer of thanksgiving in front of the 5,000.

Matt 14:19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

A prayer of thanksgiving after God meets the needs of your group is not only appropriate, it's exactly mimicking Christ.
I am not lying. Stop accusing of lying. Again, Jesus is praying over a meal just like I do over countless potluck dinners in churches but in each setting believers are assenting to a common faith in Jesus. Jesus did condemn pray with fellow or potential disciples.
Waco1947
Waco1947
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Flag me? These are your posts. You have written numerous times about the salvation of **** on a dick so long as it is monogamous - like that matters. Fecal matter is fecal matter. You have preached for years about how supporting abortion means that you support berthing people. You are a woke nightmare purposely pulling people off the path to God. You are evil.
Lying again about my preaching. Flag Growl
Waco1947
Golem
Waco1947 said:

Golem said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

I am not lying. Stop accusing of lying. Again, Jesus is praying over a meal just like I do over countless potluck dinners in churches but in each setting believers are assenting to a common faith in Jesus. Jesus did condemn pray with fellow or potential disciples.

You are lying. Jesus prayed in public. He prayed publicly in exactly the same way the coach did. He thanked God. To suggest He doesn't want us to pray in public at all, ever, is a lie. He demonstrated that public prayers of thanksgiving are acceptable.

Stop lying.
Wangchung
Golem said:

Waco1947 said:

Golem said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

ScruffyD said:

No.

You are lying. Jesus prayed in public. He prayed publicly in exactly the same way the coach did. He thanked God. To suggest He doesn't want us to pray in public at all, ever, is a lie. He demonstrated that public prayers of thanksgiving are acceptable.

Stop lying.
You're asking someone who has made a hobby out of lying about Christ's teachings to stop? You think that vile scum is just going to take your advice and suddenly become an actual Christian because YOU told them to stop lying? You're micturating in the wind.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

drahthaar said:

Waco1947 said:

Lying again about my preaching. Flag Growl
You are a habitual liar.

And a 'preacher' who promotes abortion and possess a 'pick and choose' version of faith is no preacher at all.

ScruffyD
So you have no problem with a teacher inviting students to join in with reading the Koran?
Redbrickbear
ScruffyD said:

So you have no problem with a teacher inviting students to join in with reading the Koran?
No

Do you?

You have the right in the USA to invite anyone to come read a book with you...and they have the right to turn you down.

But that is called freedom...something that seems to scare you.

Golem
ScruffyD said:

Did he invite kids to read the Bible? Straw men are adorable though.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Golem said:

ScruffyD said:

"Attack?" Holding up Jesus standard is an attack?
Waco1947
Waco1947
Y"ou're asking someone who has made a hobby out of lying about Christ's teachings to stop? You think that vile scum is just going to take your advice and suddenly become an actual Christian because YOU told them to stop lying? You're micturating in the wind." Wangchung

Please flag ths guy. He is out of bounds and flag growl towel and canada
Waco1947
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.