About That Alleged Racial Incident at the BYU-Duke Match

24,007 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jack Bauer
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

I swear ... sometimes I feel like this board is a bunch of cuckoo Alex Jones.

What in the hell would be the advantage or purpose of her making this stuff up?

Lol. I guess people have never made **** up before???
Redbrickbear
vanillabryce said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Its not even the first made up racist lie from a black girl that Duke has been involved with....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_lacrosse_case

[Three members of the Duke University men's lacrosse team were falsely accused of rape. The three students were David Evans, Collin Finnerty, and Reade Seligmann. The accuser was Crystal Mangum,

On April 11, 2007, North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper dropped all charges, declaring the three lacrosse players "innocent" and victims of a "tragic rush to accuse". Nifong, who was labeled a "rogue prosecutor" by Cooper, withdrew from the case in January 2007 after the North Carolina State Bar filed ethics charges against him. In June 2007, Nifong was disbarred for "dishonesty, fraud, deceit and misrepresentation", making him the first prosecutor in North Carolina disbarred for trial conduct. Nifong served one day in jail]

Jack Bauer
BYU Officer: No 'Inappropriate Comments' Heard At Volleyball Match (outkick.com)

Quote:

According to a police report obtained by Deseret Nws, the officer that was placed near the BYU student section following complaints from the Duke players and staff heard no "inappropriate comments or language."
BYU Police Det. Sgt. Richard Laursen was summoned to stand next to the man who was alleged to have made the racial comments. That fan has since been banned for life from BYU athletic venues.

According to a police report filed by Laursen the night of the incident, the man did not make any racial remarks while he was standing near him. That included the fourth set when Richardson alleged to have heard a slur while she was serving in front of the ROC (Roar of the Cougar) student section.

"During the game and while I was standing on the sideline between the Duke players and the ROC section, I didn't hear or observe any inappropriate comments or language from the ROC section," Det. Sgt. Laursen wrote in the police report.

The man in question asked why Laursen was summoned over to the section.

"I told him I was there listening for inappropriate comments toward the Duke players and the fan told me that he hadn't heard any inappropriate comments," Laursen responded. "He said he told the players that they shouldn't hit the ball into the net, but that was the only comment he made to the Duke players."

Laursen later described the man as potentially having a developmental disability.
"He seemed to be more interested in talking to me than cheering for BYU. It was evident based on the individual's comments, stuttered speech and mannerisms that he has special needs," Laursen wrote.
"Based on my training and experience in Crisis Intervention Training, he may have (A)sperger syndrome or could have autism. The individual was articulate, but socially awkward. The individual kept scrolling through his phone and didn't seem too involved in the game."

Laursen also revealed that he received mixed reviews on his performance in the situation, praised by one Duke player but chided by other players and coaches.

"I was thanked by one of the Duke players. She shook my hand and said thanks for having their team's back," he said. Later, he wrote he "was told the Duke players and coaches were very upset with what happened during the game and that the racial comments toward the Duke players was still happening during the fourth set that that (sic) I didn't do anything about the comments being made."
"I told the (BYU) Athletic staff that I never heard one racial comment being made," he added.

Laursen also reported to have reviewed film of the game following the event to see if he could observe the behavior reported by the Duke team and Rachel Richardson.
"There was nothing seen on the game film that led me to believe (he) was the person who was making comments to the player who complained about being called the 'N' word," Laursen wrote.
"During the second set, when the comment was reported to having been made, (he) was not present when the player was serving," Laursen added. "On her second time serving during the set, (he) was on his phone and didn't appear to be paying attention to the game."

Despite Laursen's report that directly contradicted Duke's account, BYU still banned the fan from all athletic venues.
historian
Stefano DiMera said:

Maybe the same reasons that motivated Jussie Smollett. Or maybe the relative running for political office. Crazier things have happened. Too many of them this happened year.
BusyTarpDuster2017
PartyBear said:

Y'all are joking right? The incident occurred in front of everyone there. They spoke to the person and the person has been banned from athletic events.
The incident occurred in front of everyone, yet no mention of corroborating witnesses? They spoke to the person - ok, but what did he say? Did he admit anything? He was banned, yes - but banned for what reason?

None of these details were given in the reports, so no firm conclusion could have been made. The problem today is that too many people don't critically examine stories like these. They are given vague information and then "fill in the blanks" based on their biases. This is what a media driven to push a certain narrative counts on people doing.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Stefano DiMera said:

It's "cuckoo Alex Jones" to ask for at least one bit of corroborating evidence and to be skeptical of stories like this in light of the many times before it was found to be false?

No one is necessarily saying she is making this up. It's possible that what she thought she heard was not what was actually said.
Jack Bauer
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

It's "cuckoo Alex Jones" to ask for at least one bit of corroborating evidence and to be skeptical of stories like this in light of the many times before it was found to be false?

No one is necessarily saying she is making this up. It's possible that what she thought she heard was not what was actually said.

Yes if she was saying this about Baylor instead of BYU, we would not just accept it without proof.
Jack Bauer
vanillabryce said:

Stefano DiMera said:

She's already coming out of this smelling like a rose from the MSM. She stood up to racism with dignity and class.

I am not discounting her story, but her words are the fans called her and her black teammates slurs and pointed at them. Yet nobody else caught this - not the police officer standing right next to the students ?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Jack Bauer said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Yes if she was saying this about Baylor instead of BYU, we would not just accept it without proof.
Well, we do have a contingent of wokesters who would. See Art Briles.
Stefano DiMera
vanillabryce said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Then I assume this fan who got banned for life should pursue a civil action since his rights are being trampled on by Holmoe and BYU..and sue the hell out of Duke and the girl n'est pas?
Oso del lago
Stefano DiMera said:

vanillabryce said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Then I assume this fan who got banned for life should pursue a civil action since his rights are being trampled on by Holmoe and BYU..and sue the hell out of Duke and the girl n'est pas?

Why do you think they chose a powerless person. Tells you a lot about who has privilege in this case. Pretty stark contrast
Redbrickbear

Redbrickbear

SIC EM 94
Redbrickbear said:

Well, if we learn nothing else from this situation, at least we know for a fact this woman is a total racist B!
Aliceinbubbleland
Take this to R&P please! This crap has nothing whatsoever to do with football.
PartyBear
It's actually more of a QAnon board over there. But yes this thread of a bunch of off the wall posts belongs there.
Fre3dombear
Big_Pumpin said:

Don't forget the scenario where she heard something different than what was actually said. I know this happens often. I'm married. And it can happen with only 2 people present and the only noise is the sound of suffering.

Funniest post I've read today. Thank you for that
Redbrickbear
PartyBear said:

It's actually more of a QAnon board over there. But yes this thread of a bunch of off the wall posts belongs there.

Nothing "off the wall" about pointing out this is an obvious racist hoax.
Aliceinbubbleland
PartyBear said:

Not to hard to see through what the majority of these posters in this stupid thread are protesting, I wonder how Dave's team feels about threads like this? Yeah, the target is a jerk but so are the posts.
Oso del lago
Aliceinbubbleland said:

PartyBear said:

Not to hard to see through what the majority of these posters in this stupid thread are protesting, I wonder how Dave's team feels about threads like this? Yeah, the target is a jerk but so are the posts.

Sure is, a special needs man is by ALL but one account falsely accused and bearing the brunt so the cowards at byu
dont have to take a stand. It's some shameful **** all around. Including YOU!
Fre3dombear
Should be in R&P or deleted or moved to fiction section
Aliceinbubbleland
I understand any frustration with false accusations. Obviously the perp is a racist but we don't have to respond in kind.
Jack Bauer
Don't forget when people were certain this man said a racial slur....whoops.

SIC EM 94
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I understand any frustration with false accusations. Obviously the perp is a racist but we don't have to respond in kind.

Wait…what makes you think "the perp is a racist"?
Wangchung
SIC EM 94 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Because narrative always comes before facts when pimping victimhood.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ShooterTX
Stefano DiMera said:

Good question.
Maybe ask the Duke lacrosse team about that?
Harrison Bergeron
Look! Another black-led racial hoax. This time, Oberlin College forced to pay $36M for slandering a small business for being t'racist and prosecuting shoplifters. I'm sure the bakery owners will be interviewed sympathetically by Oprah and GMA.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/08/ohio-supreme-court-rejects-oberlin-colleges-appeal-of-36-million-defamation-verdict.html
muddybrazos
SIC EM 94 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

BC he wants to blindly accept the accusations as fact and if you question it then you're racist.
Whiskey Pete
Redbrickbear said:

Imagine is a white person who was running to be elected judge.

If it's one thing, she's already proven she'll most likely not be able to fair and impartial.
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Look! Another black-led racial hoax. This time, Oberlin College forced to pay $36M for slandering a small business for being t'racist and prosecuting shoplifters. I'm sure the bakery owners will be interviewed sympathetically by Oprah and GMA.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/08/ohio-supreme-court-rejects-oberlin-colleges-appeal-of-36-million-defamation-verdict.html

It's becoming a regular occurring thing….

Mothra
PartyBear said:

Y'all are joking right? The incident occurred in front of everyone there. They spoke to the person and the person has been banned from athletic events.
I've read the story, and didn't hear any corroboration of this young lady's story. Do you have a link to any corroborating witness statements?

Not saying it didn't occur, but in this day and age, we have to be skeptical of everything.
Mothra
Stefano DiMera said:

Ask Smollet or the girl at BU who did the same thing. Who knows what their motivations are, but it occurs.

Nothing wrong with not taking a story at face value.
Mothra
Aliceinbubbleland said:

PartyBear said:

What in the world are you talking about?
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

What other sanctions do you think are required?
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Ask Smollet or the girl at BU who did the same thing. Who knows what their motivations are, but it occurs.

Nothing wrong with not taking a story at face value.
Didn't the girl at BU come out and say she made it up? Thought I read an article to that effect

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.