About That Alleged Racial Incident at the BYU-Duke Match

24,059 Views | 446 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jack Bauer
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.B.Katz said:

PartyBear said:

Y'all are joking right? The incident occurred in front of everyone there. They spoke to the person and the person has been banned from athletic events.
I'm reporting this thread to Baylor.

This level of racism anbd fact-denial should not be permitted on a site with any affiliation with Baylor, and this thread should be deleted by the site mods.

The governor of Utah acknowledged and apologized for this incident.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/2022-08-28/byu-bans-a-fan-who-yelled-a-racist-slur-at-a-black-volleyball-player-on-dukes-team
What else do you want BYU to do?
muddybrazos
This was my personal favorite racism hoax. I saw this on the local news here in the best Carolina.

S.C. Mayor Says 'Yellow Sticky Substance' on Her Car Was Sprayed by Vandals, Police Say It's Just Pollen
https://www.newsweek.com/darnell-byrd-mcpherson-mayor-lamar-south-carolina-hate-crime-pollen-spray-1349289

Anyone who has lived through a spring in S Carolina knows that there is a 2-3 week period in March where the pine pollen covers your car and its not related to a racist hate crime.
historian
Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

PartyBear said:

Y'all are joking right? The incident occurred in front of everyone there. They spoke to the person and the person has been banned from athletic events.

This level of racism anbd fact-denial should not be permitted on a site with any affiliation with Baylor, and this thread should be deleted by the site mods.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/2022-08-28/byu-bans-a-fan-who-yelled-a-racist-slur-at-a-black-volleyball-player-on-dukes-team
This post, in a microcosm, is a sad commentary on the current state of the world. In this day and age, we are not allowed to question the veracity of a story of alleged racism, regardless of the red flags it raises and the total lack of corroboration. Instead, we must believe the alleged victim was the target of a vicious and disgusting racist attack. The accused has no presumption of innocence, and must instead be banished from society, along with anyone who dares question the accuser's narrative, despite numerous past instances of these kinds of stories being made-up (see 1. Smollet; 2. Duke lacross accuser; 3. Baylor accuser; 4. Nick Sandmann, etc.)

Is this really the world you want to live in, where it is racist and beyond the pale to question an ESPN reporter's and the accuser's uncorroborated take on what happened?

Thank you for including Nick Sandman in this list. At least he received an unspecified settlement from the big media who slandered him. He's probably a millionaire now. BTW, Kyle Rittenhouse has hired the same attorney.
Jack Bauer
Here are 8 times 'nooses' on campus turned out to be hate crime hoaxes

Here are 8 times 'nooses' on campus turned out to be hate crime hoaxes | The College Fix

Look at all these nooses!!

Porteroso
ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

I swear ... sometimes I feel like this board is a bunch of cuckoo Alex Jones.

What in the hell would be the advantage or purpose of her making this stuff up?
Honestly, have you been paying attention? Today's most valuable currency is victimization. A no-name volleyball player just became a celebrity for a day and got attention and love from ESPN. There have been more racial hoaxes than actual incidents in the last 10 years and it is not even close. Basic common sense easily explains in 2022 the odds of a Gen Zer yelling racial slurs in public vs. a person making it up ...

How would you even be able to guess the ratio of racist hoax to real racist incident? Is this "common sense" talking? Seems your perception may be skewed.
Maybe you would like to litter this thread with all of the major stories of racism over the past few years, that were NOT a hoax?
That would be a good first step towards calculating that ratio.... you up for that?

There have already been a ton of examples of national stories, which later turned out to be fake... so maybe you can remind us of all the national stories which were true? I'm sure there must be hundreds... maybe thousands, right?

Wait, are you going by what you hear on entertainment media to determine how prevalent racism is in America?
ShooterTX
Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Honestly, have you been paying attention? Today's most valuable currency is victimization. A no-name volleyball player just became a celebrity for a day and got attention and love from ESPN. There have been more racial hoaxes than actual incidents in the last 10 years and it is not even close. Basic common sense easily explains in 2022 the odds of a Gen Zer yelling racial slurs in public vs. a person making it up ...

How would you even be able to guess the ratio of racist hoax to real racist incident? Is this "common sense" talking? Seems your perception may be skewed.
Maybe you would like to litter this thread with all of the major stories of racism over the past few years, that were NOT a hoax?
That would be a good first step towards calculating that ratio.... you up for that?

There have already been a ton of examples of national stories, which later turned out to be fake... so maybe you can remind us of all the national stories which were true? I'm sure there must be hundreds... maybe thousands, right?

Wait, are you going by what you hear on entertainment media to determine how prevalent racism is in America?
LOL
Wait, you think the media is only promoting and reporting on the fake racism stories?
Porteroso
ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

LOL
Wait, you think the media is only promoting and reporting on the fake racism stories?

Wait, you rely upon entertainment media to give you a fair dose of reality?
D. C. Bear
Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

It's a good idea to look at a variety of data sources, and media reports, whether they are news or entertainment, generally aren't.
Jack Bauer
The MSM. Even if it didn't happen, it's probably happening...

D. C. Bear
Jack Bauer said:

We have no idea if "hate crimes" are actually rising. We do know, however, that it is politically convenient for some if hate crimes are rising.
Canada2017
Curious .....

Is hate speech only hateful and racist when uttered by whites ?

As I have heard dozens of incidents ( first hand ) where such utterances where made by Hispanics or blacks toward whites.
D. C. Bear
Canada2017 said:

Curious .....

As I have heard dozens of incidents ( first hand ) where such utterances where made by Hispanics or blacks toward whites.

Yes, only whites can be racist (because of white privilege).
Harrison Bergeron
D. C. Bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

We have no idea if "hate crimes" are actually rising. We do know, however, that it is politically convenient for some if hate crimes are rising.

They are usually carried out by black men.
midgett
J.B.Katz said:

PartyBear said:

Exhibit A for a response from a privileged white liberal Karen. I'm gonna tell my mommy and daddy, the teacher, the principal, etc. on you!
Jack Bauer
I can't wait to hear from Jinx's sit-down with President Livingstone to root out all conservative/MAGA/white supremacists from Baylor.
Canada2017
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Curious .....

Interesting …..wasn't aware of such a reality in 1988 when I prevented a Mexican national from driving off with about 100 of my alfalfa bales on his trailer at 11pm .

Possibly some hate speech was involved

Is there a time limit on this 'white privilege ' curse, or is it perpetual ?
ScottS
Question....if you are white but identify as black do you still get white privilege?
Oso del lago
Canada2017 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Curious .....

Interesting …..wasn't aware of such a reality in 1988 when I prevented a Mexican national from driving off with about 100 of my alfalfa bales on his trailer at 11pm .

Possibly some hate speech was involved

Is there a time limit on this 'white privilege ' curse, or is it perpetual ?

ScottS
New question....if I identify as a very wealthy person the banks have to honor that right? Or it would be discrimination right?
ShooterTX
Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

LOL

So in other words, you don't have enough examples of national stories of actual racism, to prove your ratio theory.

But it was a nice attempt at deflection.
Wrecks Quan Dough
ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

LOL

So in other words, you don't have enough examples of national stories of actual racism, to prove your ratio theory.

But it was a nice attempt at deflection.
Well, there was this one time at a NASCAR event... err, nevermind.
D. C. Bear
There are plenty of racist people out there who show their racism on a regular basis. I know a number of them (and tend to avoid their company). If we want to see the state of racism in America, however, counting instances of racism reported in media is not a good way to do that because media coverage does not reflect what is going on.

Untrained Twitter users who jumped on this story might be excused for their failure to exercise proper verification before spouting off. Professional journalists, however, should not. Sadly, too many are now more interested in being advocates than that they are in being accurate.
ShooterTX
D. C. Bear said:

There are plenty of racist people out there who show their racism on a regular basis. I know a number of them (and tend to avoid their company). If we want to see the state of racism in America, however, counting instances of racism reported in media is not a good way to do that because media coverage does not reflect what is going on.

Untrained Twitter users who jumped on this story might be excused for their failure to exercise proper verification before spouting off. Professional journalists, however, should not. Sadly, too many are now more interested in being advocates than that they are in being accurate.
So if incidences of racism are so rampant... and the media likes to jump on those stories, rather than investigate them... then why are there so few media stories of actual racist incidences?

If the media is motivated to promote all the racist stories (and they clearly are), then why aren't at least half of these media stories true? Why are the majority of these stories fake?

Clearly, there are not as many of these racist incidences as you would like for us to believe. They can't ALL be flying under the radar so effectively.... especially if racism stems from ignorance, as so many would have us believe.... then how are all these ignorant people so good at hiding their racist attacks? Those must be some of the most crafty & brilliant, ignorant people on the planet? Especially since they are all over the nation, in every part of society.

Amazing.
Canada2017
Until people , politicians and media accept the obvious that blatant racism is expressed in ALL directions this entire racism narrative is a complete farce.

Johnny Bear
D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Curious .....

And furthermore, according to the left, all of the black racists out there should not only be condoned, but should be encouraged and supported in their racism because of their never ending "victim" status. It's why to them it's perfectly permissible for black racists and their allys to riot, burn/destroy other people's property, and loot their nearest Wal-Mart anytime they get upset over things like drug addicted thugs getting themselves killed while stupidly resisting arrest.
ShooterTX
Johnny Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

Curious .....

And furthermore, according to the left, all of the black racists out there should not only be condoned, but should be encouraged and supported in their racism because of their never ending "victim" status. It's why to them it's perfectly permissible for black racists and their allys to riot, burn/destroy other people's property, and loot their nearest Wal-Mart anytime they get upset over things like drug addicted thugs getting themselves killed while stupidly resisting arrest.
How dare you speak ill of The Saint George!!

/s
D. C. Bear
ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

So if incidences of racism are so rampant... and the media likes to jump on those stories, rather than investigate them... then why are there so few media stories of actual racist incidences?

If the media is motivated to promote all the racist stories (and they clearly are), then why aren't at least half of these media stories true? Why are the majority of these stories fake?

Clearly, there are not as many of these racist incidences as you would like for us to believe. They can't ALL be flying under the radar so effectively.... especially if racism stems from ignorance, as so many would have us believe.... then how are all these ignorant people so good at hiding their racist attacks? Those must be some of the most crafty & brilliant, ignorant people on the planet? Especially since they are all over the nation, in every part of society.

Amazing.

Please point out anywhere that I said we should believe a particular number or percentage of stories about racism.

Amazing.
ShooterTX
D. C. Bear said:

ShooterTX said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amazing.

Please point out anywhere that I said we should believe a particular number or percentage of stories about racism.

Amazing.
I think you misread that statement.

I was saying that there are not as many racist incidences as you would like us to believe there are. What that means is that your post implies that there are plenty of racist incidences out there, that occur "on a regular basis".
My point is that there doesn't seem to be any evidence to back up your statements.
Would you like to provide the evidence to back up your statements?

If racism happens "on a regular basis" (as you stated), and the media is overly motivated to report on racist incidences even without investigation (as you stated), then why aren't there hundreds of stories about racism which are eventually proven true? Why are the majority of racism stories proven to be fake?
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

cowboycwr said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

PartyBear said:

Report to Baylor and reveal to them the utter lack of critical thinking, awareness, and common sense that you're demonstrating here? You sure?
Maybe they will revoke her degree???
They never punish these characters....but they should.
I meant jinx but this duke girl should be punished as well if this is all a hoax.
Whiskey Pete
Redbrickbear said:

cowboycwr said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

J.B.Katz said:

PartyBear said:

Report to Baylor and reveal to them the utter lack of critical thinking, awareness, and common sense that you're demonstrating here? You sure?
Maybe they will revoke her degree???
They never punish these characters....but they should.
Should be a hate crime to make up a fake story about a hate crime.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Apparently you are
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

I am sure there are easy statistics available that could be calculated.

For example a black professor wrote an entire book on race hoaxes that had something 100-200 incidents that were all false. I am sure he gathered the info from somewhere and that some agency either private or the fbi or someone has data on how many they investigate that are false and how many are real.

but you won't bother to look for it because you want to believe the media that race crimes are on the rise when they only track race crimes towards blacks but not ones involving blacks towards Asians, whites, etc. Like the increase in attacks on Asians by blacks in Cali and NYC. Or the teens in NYC that attacked a white person on a bus yelling things about whites the whole time but it is not listed as a race motivated attack or crime.
Redbrickbear
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Stefano DiMera said:

I am sure there are easy statistics available that could be calculated.

For example a black professor wrote an entire book on race hoaxes that had something 100-200 incidents that were all false. I am sure he gathered the info from somewhere and that some agency either private or the fbi or someone has data on how many they investigate that are false and how many are real.

but you won't bother to look for it because you want to believe the media that race crimes are on the rise when they only track race crimes towards blacks but not ones involving blacks towards Asians, whites, etc. Like the increase in attacks on Asians by blacks in Cali and NYC. Or the teens in NYC that attacked a white person on a bus yelling things about whites the whole time but it is not listed as a race motivated attack or crime.
It was Professor Wilfred Reilly at Kentucky State University. And it was more than 400+

[Hate Crime Hoax: How the Left is Selling a Fake Race War was published by Regnery Publishing in February 2019. For the book, Reilly assembled a data set of 409 false or dubious hate crime allegations (concentrated during the past five years), which he describes as hoaxes on the basis of reports in mainstream national or regional news sources. Reilly has stated this data set is available to anyone who requests it]
Whiskey Pete
There's too much incentive to make up a story about racism than there is punishment for making up a story about racism.

Like I said, creating a hoax about racism usually involved someed as a one of from another race and that in and of itself should be treated as a hate crime.
Redbrickbear
Rawhide said:

There's too much incentive to make up a story about racism than there is punishment for making up a story about racism.

Like I said, creating a hoax about racism usually involved someed as a one of from another race and that in and of itself should be treated as a hate crime.
Yep, the upside and accolades that come with getting away with making up a fake hate crime are far more than the punishment (almost non existent) that comes from being found out.

Indeed if you look up punishments for fake hate crimes and lying...it almost never happens.

For whatever reason Universities don't seem to want to punish those that lie about this kind of stuff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.