Paul Pelosi Attacked

19,590 Views | 357 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
muddybrazos said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Actually that statement makes a lot of sense and clears up the misconception that a third person opened the door for the police.

It also confirms the police withesses the attack after entering which was previously confusing to me.

We now know the attacker was mentally unstable, has a very conflicted mental history and was illegal overstaying his Visa.

If it has been confirmed by video that the attacker did indeed break into the home I'd say all the speculation about how it happened has been solved.

Unfortunately I do not know if they did have a recording of "where's Nancy?". If recorded and attributed to the attacker than this loon is linked to right wing illiterate conspiracy theories.
I dont think this story makes much sense at all. I think the 3rd person answering the door was already ruled out prior to this when the police tried to clarify details a few days ago. If Pelosi was scared and in imminent danger why does he go back inside by himself to the attacker and then get attacked? Wouldnt he stay with the police or go outside while they enter the premises?
That's kind of where I land. A lot of this does not make sense. Pure speculation, but almost as if the attacker reacted to the police presence, which provoked the attack.

I'm with you - seems like if you're fearful of your life, when police arrive you would immediately go outside and say there is a crazy person here.

Something is not fully adding up. Definitely does not fit the conspiracy narrative or ULTRAMEGAMAGAMEGATRONS attacking poor Democrats over January 6.
Forest Bueller_bf
muddybrazos said:

Looks like they're walking back this latest NBC report bc they're still crafting the narrative yet again.

Quote:

NBC removed the report from the show's website the same day, stating, "The piece should not have aired because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards."
So, it didn't meet the level of indoctrination required by the DNC and was actually a balanced piece of reporting.

So bullets come within feet of 3 and 5 year old children of a Republican politician in their home, and we hear little, but Pelosi is still their central story a week later.

Our media has simply become another political wing of the democratic party.

Sure a nutty/drug addled/ loony attacked Pelosi, quit trying to tie him into politicians and just report.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
My unscientific takeaways

-Paul Pelosi is in his underwear like most people are at their home at 2AM
-I think Pelosi was trying to deescalate which made for a strange 911 call (like a battered spouse). He certainly doesn't have the ability to overpower him.
-Why did he have a drink in his hand? Maybe he was trying to calm the situation by being normal.
-The attack was real, Pelosi is 82 years old and he could have died.
-I don't think the attacker is MAGA, he is just bat **** crazy (like Gabby Giffords' attacker)
-Why did this take 4 months to release?
Redbrickbear
Why is he holding what looks like an alcoholic drink?

Wangchung
Sounds like he was talking with the guy, so he might have made it to keep things calm, probably offered the intruder a drink, too.
Jack Bauer
Wangchung said:

Sounds like he was talking with the guy, so he might have made it to keep things calm, probably offered the intruder a drink, too.

Sounds like he is saying "I want the cops to come but I can't say that in front of this crazy guy holding a hammer".

whiterock
From the tape, seems obvious PP badly misjudged the threat he was facing, perhaps due to alcohol, or Ambien, or plain ol' hubris, or a combination of those or other factors.
Jack Bauer
It certainly wasn't a date...

Mitch Blood Green
whiterock said:

From the tape, seems obvious PP badly misjudged the threat he was facing, perhaps due to alcohol, or Ambien, or plain ol' hubris, or a combination of those or other factors.

Or the presence of the police.
Jack Bauer
I'm not one to Monday Morning QB how someone reacts when a nutcase breaks into their house.

I think Pelosi was just trying not to agitate the guy and tried to be "buddies" with him. He certainly was not able to overpower him. Maybe he thought the cops would disarm the hammer when they saw the situation.

Some things are just not political, it's just a bad thing that happened to a politician's husband. Paul Pelosi could have very well been killed by this nutjob.

This never should have happened, how is it that easy to break into the home of the 3rd person in line of the White House?
Wrecks Quan Dough
If you wanted to get shot by a cop, then swinging a hammer at an old man is one method to use.
Harrison Bergeron
Can someone show me on the tape where is his "MAGA" hat and "Trump 2020" t-shirt?
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

I'm not one to Monday Morning QB how someone reacts when a nutcase breaks into their house.

I think Pelosi was just trying not to agitate the guy and tried to be "buddies" with him. He certainly was not able to overpower him. Maybe he thought the cops would disarm the hammer when they saw the situation.

Some things are just not political, it's just a bad thing that happened to a politician's husband. Paul Pelosi could have very well been killed by this nutjob.

This never should have happened, how is it that easy to break into the home of the 3rd person in line of the White House?
Sure...but it was not conservatives who made this "political".

From the minute this strange situation took place it was framed by the media and activists as a example of "rightwing violence" and an example of how dangerous American conservatives are since Jan. 6th

Then we find out these event had literally nothing to do with conservative Americans.

Liberals politicized this from the word go.
Redbrickbear
BearFan33
This is awful. I have a lot of sympathy for PP now. I don't know why this info couldn't have been released much earlier and instead needed to be portrayed as a partisan attack.
Jack Bauer
BearFan33 said:

This is awful. I have a lot of sympathy for PP now. I don't know why this info couldn't have been released much earlier and instead needed to be portrayed as a partisan attack.

Me too. He practically coded to the dispatcher that he was in danger, not sure why she didn't pick up on that or how long it took for police to show up.

Politics aside, this is an 82 year old man woken up in his bed at 2AM by a lunatic with a hammer. Not sure how else people think he should have handled it.
Wrecks Quan Dough
BearFan33 said:

Because the election was only several days away.
muddybrazos
BearFan33 said:

BC the dems can never let a crisis go to waste so they get to take shots at their opponents before the midterms no matter how ridiculous the lie is.
Osodecentx
muddybrazos said:

BearFan33 said:

BC the dems can never let a crisis go to waste so they get to take shots at their opponents before the midterms no matter how ridiculous the lie is.
Looks like you're just emulating Dems, then.

Classy
muddybrazos
Osodecentx said:

muddybrazos said:

BearFan33 said:

Classy
thanks bro. As a fellow dem, i'm glad to join your party.
Osodecentx
muddybrazos said:

Osodecentx said:

muddybrazos said:

BearFan33 said:

Classy
thanks bro. As a fellow dem, i'm glad to join your party.
Good fit
Osodecentx
Analysis: A retrospective on the right's Paul Pelosi conspiracy theories

We now have the graphic footage of Paul Pelosi's assault. And its release should conclusively quash the conspiracy theories lodged not just by random internet users but by prominent GOP lawmakers and conservative pundits.

The Pelosi episode has offered a case study in how, even in the aftermath of a life-threatening attack, falsehoods and innuendo spread.

As Aaron Blake writes, many of these theories were lodged after publicly available evidence undermined them. Some were seeded by errant initial reporting and confusion, but were still promoted even after the record had been corrected. When they didn't contradict the available evidence, they were often extraordinarily speculative. When they weren't stated as fact, they were extremely suggestive.

The video clearly shows a man breaking into the house. But an array of figures suggested otherwise this fall:

That this was a lover's quarrel/that DePape was a male prostitute ... Elon Musk, while linking to a website which labeled the attack "a dispute with a male prostitute": "There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye." (Musk deleted the tweet.) ... That DePape was his friend ...Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.): "... Paul Pelosi's friend attacking him with a hammer." ... That the attack was a false flag/didn't happen ... OAN: "This whole thing could be a false flag of sorts, staged if you will. I mean, the midterms are just weeks away and the Dems know they're going to get hammered." ... That the broken glass outside suggested it might not be a break-in ... DePape himself had admitted to breaking in, according to the police report. Still, the following figures went on to make the below comments: Donald Trump: "The glass it seems was broken from the inside to the out, so it wasn't a break-in; it was a breakout. I don't know, you hear the same things I do."

WaPo

Wangchung
So weird how you forgot to include all the wild theories from the left over this one. Remember January 6th getting blamed? Remember Trump getting blamed? Remember "conservative rhetoric" and "white supremacy" being singled out as the culprit? We remember.
Oldbear83
Wangchung said:

So weird how you forgot to include all the wild theories from the left over this one. Remember January 6th getting blamed? Remember Trump getting blamed? Remember "conservative rhetoric" and "white supremacy" being singled out as the culprit? We remember.
Maybe he used BleachBits to help.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Wangchung said:

No I don't. I'm sure you'll provide a link
Harrison Bergeron
Wow - the cops did not perform well.
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

Wangchung said:

No I don't. I'm sure you'll provide a link

3-3

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/paul-pelosi-attack-nancy-pelosi-husband-january-6/671918/
Fre3dombear
911: "do you need fire, police or medical?"

Pp: "no, I don't think so"

Very odd call. Woman has no clue who Nancy Pelosi is, greatest investor in USA history, or is a Republican and hates her

His responses make no sense. Her reaction makes no sense

I'm sure SF cut their police etc to placate certain aggrieved people. Love when those people get a taste of their own stupidity

Usually it only punishes the aggrieved they are attempting to placate.

whiterock
dispatcher did send a wellness check It arrived in 2 minutes (good). To do so was apparently her judgment call (not good).

What's amazing is that there appears to have been no preparation, no structures in place for local response to defend the 3rd ranking officer of the USG. CAPO does not protect the spouse or residence of the Speaker when Speaker is away? like threat of someone placing a bomb or listening device in her residence while she was away is not real? Like the spouse of a Speaker is not an enormously lucrative target?

Why didn't the fact that a 911 call was placed from the residence of the Speaker of the House of Representatives launch a more urgent, armed response? It shoulda been go-time the moment the switchboard lit up.

There are two components of risk. The likelihood of something happening, and the consequence of something happening. This incident shows that latter component was completely diseregarded by CAPO and SFPD.

LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

BearFan33 said:

Me too. He practically coded to the dispatcher that he was in danger, not sure why she didn't pick up on that or how long it took for police to show up.

Politics aside, this is an 82 year old man woken up in his bed at 2AM by a lunatic with a hammer. Not sure how else people think he should have handled it.
I think he did really well. Now, the dispatcher, that's another story.

I can understand SF911 wanting to sit in the tape because it didn't put them in a good light at all.
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Can someone show me on the tape where is his "MAGA" hat and "Trump 2020" t-shirt?
His motives couldn't be any more obvious if he had worn the hat. The guy is MAGA through and through.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/depape-in-bizarre-phone-call-to-ktvu-says-he-should-have-been-more-prepared
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

His motives couldn't be any more obvious if he had worn the hat. The guy is MAGA through and through.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/depape-in-bizarre-phone-call-to-ktvu-says-he-should-have-been-more-prepared
Once again, we now know where Baghdad Bob went after his tenure in Iraq ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Fre3dombear
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Once again, we now know where Baghdad Bob went after his tenure in Iraq ...

This bot sees an evil maga lurking under every bed and in every corner

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.