Paul Pelosi Attacked

19,585 Views | 357 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
nein51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

nein51 said:

You can't make sense of crazy people. Your world and theirs aren't the same.

Very true.

Have to just shake off their behavior and get them whatever medical treatment they will allow .

But most believe such treatment is an attempt to poison them.

Yes. Mental health issues are so difficult. There's a line between sad and scary. Mix mental health issues with substance abuse issues and people do some very terrible things to themselves and others.
Oldbear83
nein51 said:

whiterock said:

nein51 said:

Some things are pretty straightforward. A crazy person (literally) attacked him in his home. Whenever something happens that doesn't make sense people try to make it make sense. You can't make sense of crazy people. Your world and theirs aren't the same.
ergo the reason for our discontent - Republicans can't make sense of Democrats.

I don't think that's accurate at all. I think both sides can make sense. They choose not to. And both sides seem to think the entire party is made up of fringe elements. The super left and super right are very, very small minorities.

There are about 4-5 issues that neither side is going to agree upon ever.

Abortion:
Far left - abortions basically until birth
Far right - no abortions ever for any reason
Like 95% of humanity - abortion until week 12-16 (whatever, you get the idea)

There is compromise available on virtually everything. Compromise means both people are giving. So no one walks away entirely satisfied. We just continue to allow the fringe to shout down any reasonable discourse.
I disagree on the abortion spectrum. Part of the problem I see is the mix of facts and supposition. For example, I'd see the spread this way:

0.5% - Believe all abortion should be outlawed
7.5% - Believe abortion should be outlawed, except for medical emergencies and Rape/Incest
15% - Believe surgical abortion should be illegal, but support 'morning-after' pills and similar pharmaceutical options
20% - Believe abortion may be allowed through six weeks but illegal after that date
10% - Believe abortion may be allowed through 12-13 weeks, but illegal after (the 'heartbeat' law)
65% - Have emotional opinions from subjective response to media, may not be consistent or rational
5% - Believe abortion should be legal through week 26
15% - Believe all abortion should be legal, but paid for individually
15% - Believe all abortion should be legal and federally funded as a medical procedure
2% - Believe all abortion should be not only legal, including post-birth killing, but should be federally funded and protected as a 'human right'

(the total exceeds 100% because the 'subjective response' population also shows up in other categories)
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BluesBear
You do realize that Satanist love to sacrifice babies as offerings...

In 1971 we got off the Gold Standard, we allowed Abortion, the Creation of the WEF, Expansion of the UN.....list goes on and on...

The Day of Reckoning is coming...
Oldbear83
BluesBear said:

You do realize that Satanist love to sacrifice babies as offerings...

In 1971 we got off the Gold Standard, we allowed Abortion, the Creation of the WEF, Expansion of the UN.....list goes on and on...

The Day of Reckoning is coming...
That makes it sound like God got mad at us for not worshipping Gold.

What Bible are you using?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ShooterTX
nein51 said:

Some things are pretty straightforward. A crazy person (literally) attacked him in his home. Whenever something happens that doesn't make sense people try to make it make sense. You can't make sense of crazy people. Your world and theirs aren't the same.
And yet Biden and the rest of the dems are trying to say this incident is the fault of the Republicans and those who participated in Jan 6th.

I agree... this dude was just a crazy person doing crazy things. So why is the left trying to make it political?
Canada2017
nein51 said:

Canada2017 said:

nein51 said:

You can't make sense of crazy people. Your world and theirs aren't the same.

Very true.

Have to just shake off their behavior and get them whatever medical treatment they will allow .

But most believe such treatment is an attempt to poison them.

Yes. Mental health issues are so difficult. There's a line between sad and scary. Mix mental health issues with substance abuse issues and people do some very terrible things to themselves and others.

Then one sees the children of these narcotic dependent individuals ........that's the worst of all.

As you know the odds are stacked against such children to have anything approaching a happy life.

Yet we as a country do little .

While untold billions are provided to foreign countries.
ShooterTX
nein51 said:

whiterock said:

nein51 said:

I don't think that's accurate at all. I think both sides can make sense. They choose not to. And both sides seem to think the entire party is made up of fringe elements. The super left and super right are very, very small minorities.

Abortion:

There is compromise available on virtually everything. Compromise means both people are giving. So no one walks away entirely satisfied. We just continue to allow the fringe to shout down any reasonable discourse.
Close...

95% agree with no abortions except for rape, incest and to protect the life of the mother.

And the far left is also in favor of abortions AFTER birth in some cases (botched abortions being the primary reason).
nein51
ShooterTX said:

nein51 said:

whiterock said:

nein51 said:

Abortion:

Close...

95% agree with no abortions except for rape, incest and to protect the life of the mother.

And the far left is also in favor of abortions AFTER birth in some cases (botched abortions being the primary reason).

You're wrong. That's simply not what the data says.
nein51
ShooterTX said:

nein51 said:

And yet Biden and the rest of the dems are trying to say this incident is the fault of the Republicans and those who participated in Jan 6th.

I agree... this dude was just a crazy person doing crazy things. So why is the left trying to make it political?

Because it is politically expedient to do so and the base eats it up (just like the other base eats up "gay sex not an intruder!"
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
fubar said:

Some of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Ashamed because some crazy Canadian broke into the Pelosi residence in his drawers?

None of us know what happened nor will we ever know. And that is fine with me.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
This is why it is a fool's errand to try and nationalize local stories, especially local crime stories. There is too much natural misinformation as well as too strong a temptation to distort the truth for political points.

Yes, I have read some things that make this story seem strange, but that does not mean they were all accurate much less this was some weird gay sex thing. Crime occurs in the heat of the moments often with lots of unreliable witnesses and often a deranged perp - not exactly the most reliable way to get at an accurate truth.
ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron said:

This is why it is a fool's errand to try and nationalize local stories, especially local crime stories. There is too much natural misinformation as well as too strong a temptation to distort the truth for political points.

Yes, I have read some things that make this story seem strange, but that does not mean they were all accurate much less this was some weird gay sex thing. Crime occurs in the heat of the moments often with lots of unreliable witnesses and often a deranged perp - not exactly the most reliable way to get at an accurate truth.
Probably the strangest part that has yet to be explained is that the home of the 3rd most powerful person in America, didn't have an alarm system? The cops didn't know about the break-in until he called 911?
Even though she wasn't on the premise, it seems odd that the home doesn't have better security than this.

This oddity doesn't mean that the whole story is false... more likely it means that either the security at the home is very poor when the Speaker is not around... or someone screwed up in a major way... or both.
whitetrash
ShooterTX said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Probably the strangest part that has yet to be explained is that the home of the 3rd most powerful person in America, didn't have an alarm system? The cops didn't know about the break-in until he called 911?
Even though she wasn't on the premise, it seems odd that the home doesn't have better security than this.

This oddity doesn't mean that the whole story is false... more likely it means that either the security at the home is very poor when the Speaker is not around... or someone screwed up in a major way... or both.
Just saw a headline on the NYT site that security cameras captured the breakin but capital police weren't monitoring it or didn't respond timely.

Which is why a SimpliSafe or other self-monitored system isn't failsafe if you aren't immediately paying attention to your phone.
Wrecks Quan Dough
whitetrash said:

ShooterTX said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Just saw a headline on the NYT site that security cameras captured the breakin but capital police weren't monitoring it or didn't respond timely.

Which is why a SimpliSafe or other self-monitored system isn't failsafe if you aren't immediately paying attention to your phone.

We have secretly replaced a sophisticated security system with Folger's crystals. Let's see if the residents notice.
Harrison Bergeron
whitetrash said:

ShooterTX said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Is this the same Capitol Police that fought off the old folks with flagpoles that basically toppled America?
Doc Holliday
DHS just confirmed DePape is an illegal.
Harrison Bergeron
Doc Holliday said:

Was the guy that tried to punch the Republican N.H. Senate candidate last night or kill the Republican NY Governor candidate legal?
Osodecentx
Harrison Bergeron said:

Doc Holliday said:

Was the guy that tried to punch the Republican N.H. Senate candidate last night or kill the Republican NY Governor candidate legal?

Libertarian
Jack Bauer
Will we see Joe, Kamala, Nancy, Obama, the MSM jumping to conclusions and stating the Democrat Party is literally trying to murder Republicans' children?

Forest Bueller
Jack Bauer said:

Will we see Joe, Kamala, Nancy, Obama, the MSM jumping to conclusions and stating the Democrat Party is literally trying to murder Republicans' children?

Well, in this one case they actually were. Firing a gun into a house is absolutely attempted murder.
LIB,MR BEARS
Jack Bauer said:

Preemptive reaction. Smart move against evil, violent, republicans.

Yes, "reaction", not "action" because the republicans started it
Jack Bauer
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

Yes, I've been told our democracy is officially ending on November 8th...
whiterock
Jack Bauer said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Jack Bauer said:

Yes, I've been told our democracy is officially ending on November 8th...
Democrats just getting a head start on the new order
LIB,MR BEARS
Dems are against school choice because no one would choose to go to reeducation camps.
BearN
muddybrazos

more details emerge but still a very weird scene
Wrecks Quan Dough
muddybrazos said:

more details emerge but still a very weird scene
You have to agree with the approved narrative. Or else it is threat to Our Democracy (tm-DNC).
Jack Bauer
Look what January 6th made this Candian nudist hippy do!!!
Aliceinbubbleland
Actually that statement makes a lot of sense and clears up the misconception that a third person opened the door for the police.

It also confirms the police withesses the attack after entering which was previously confusing to me.

We now know the attacker was mentally unstable, has a very conflicted mental history and was illegal overstaying his Visa.

If it has been confirmed by video that the attacker did indeed break into the home I'd say all the speculation about how it happened has been solved.

Unfortunately I do not know if they did have a recording of "where's Nancy?". If recorded and attributed to the attacker than this loon is linked to right wing illiterate conspiracy theories.
Wangchung
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Actually that statement makes a lot of sense and clears up the misconception that a third person opened the door for the police.

It also confirms the police withesses the attack after entering which was previously confusing to me.

We now know the attacker was mentally unstable, has a very conflicted mental history and was illegal overstaying his Visa.

If it has been confirmed by video that the attacker did indeed break into the home I'd say all the speculation about how it happened has been solved.

Unfortunately I do not know if they did have a recording of "where's Nancy?". If recorded and attributed to the attacker than this loon is linked to right wing illiterate conspiracy theories.
No matter how hard you try this nut will never be linked to right wing anything other than by democrats trying to use the situation to gain votes.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Aliceinbubbleland
I agree with you and the only difference in your viewpoint and mine would be the possiblility of "where's Nancy" being confirmed. If that did happen this is related most likely to beliefs of right wingers out there in never land.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I agree with you and the only difference in your viewpoint and mine would be the possiblility of "where's Nancy" being confirmed. If that did happen this is related most likely to beliefs of right wingers out there in never land.
In the same way that Reagan's assailant was motivated by what exactly? pro-lesbian ideology to impress a gay actress?
muddybrazos
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I dont think this story makes much sense at all. I think the 3rd person answering the door was already ruled out prior to this when the police tried to clarify details a few days ago. If Pelosi was scared and in imminent danger why does he go back inside by himself to the attacker and then get attacked? Wouldnt he stay with the police or go outside while they enter the premises?
muddybrazos

Looks like they're walking back this latest NBC report bc they're still crafting the narrative yet again.
whiterock
He Hate Me said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

In the same way that Reagan's assailant was motivated by what exactly? pro-lesbian ideology to impress a gay actress?

When Democrats try to turn every event like this into a Reichstag Fire, it builds a powerful case that they are garden variety fascists.

(

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.