249,739 Views | 5223 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Whiskey Pete
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Nikki ready to kiss the ring

as people on here made her out to be a Biden supporter.

If she was a Sikh from Massachusetts instead of South Carolina she would be a Biden supporter.

She has shown nothing but contempt and dislike for Southern Whites since 2015.

**** her

I hope she sends her own kids to the foreign wars she supports
I'll also add, that I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the polls weren't looking good for Trump, Nikki Haley wouldn't have said she'd be voting for Trump.

Also, if these kangaroo court cases were looking worse for Trump (instead of apparently going up in flames), same thing. She wouldn't say a thing about voting for him.

Sounds like to me, with these court cases not working out quite like the NeverTrumpers had hoped, Nikki's plan of waiting in the shadows to win the GOP nomination from a brokered convention has waned a bit.

Looks like she's kissing the ring because she has little choice and she wants to be picked for VP.

I agree here. She wants VP. DeSantis doesn't.
There's some value in appearing to not be interested. It's a good position to take in negotiating for the job. It's an even better position to take if you think you are not likely to be the choice. Getting left at the altar is emasculating.....

If he's offered the job, he'll take it. Any of them will take it if offered. As WP noted, Trump is looking like a winner, and macro trends are more likely to move things to his favor than to his detriment. If you do want to be POTUS, you would way rather run as a sitting VP than against a sitting VP......
i disagree. I dont see Trumps VP as a winning hand in the future. Need to be close enough to capture the base, but not too close. there will be negatives for future elections. i would be shocked if RDS would say yes. I don't even see much upside for RDS from Trump's perspective, he doesn't bring anyone Trump doesn't already have.

Scott and Haley both bring different voters, RDS not so much.
I agree that RDS might not offer Trump as much electorally as some other options.

Here's your choice:
A) You can say no to VP, finish your term, and spend two-years preparing to run as a former governor. You will not have the same political power to make news or raise money. You can't rush out to oppose with executive order or signed statute the latest insanity from the left. You can only step up to the microphone and make a statement. Yeah, you won't get forgotten, but you'll be in a helluva lot weaker position than you were as Governor, or would be if you had some statewide or national office affording you a bully pulpit. You'll be remembered by the 3 & 4R Republicans, but progressively ever more "out of mind" of the 2R voters, 1R voters, and crossover voters. And....you'll have to contend with other sitting Governors, Senators, and a VP who WILL get more airtime and likely raise more money.
B) you can say yes to VP and be part of a billion-dollar campaign getting your name out across the country, where you will implicitly and in some ways explicitly be presented as the "heir apparent" given that Trump cannot seek reelection in 2028. After inauguration, you will travel the world making news with foreign powers (buttressing your foreign policy resume in ways few others could compete with). You will make news domestically on issues of the day. And you will be sitting on top of a nationwide fundraising network YOU helped build in the 2024 campaign. And you will be able to tap all of that as you ease into the primary and ensuing convention. Everything that organizes primaries and conventions and campaigns will already be built...nationwide....and supported by the power of incumbency.

You really, really are not thinking clearly about the allure of being VP 2024-2028. It is the closest thing there is to a guaranteed nomination in 2028. And one must get the nomination to get to be POTUS.

Frankly, I'd rather RDS be Atty General than VPOTUS. He'd leave a trail thru the deep-state like Sherman left thru Georgia. And I think he'd take it. It'd be a good place for him to park & prep for 2024.

I agree with RDS as AG, his best role

I am not sure that Trump leaves anything in a positive state. Name one thing he was ever involved in that ended positive?

Not sure having your name with Trump will be a positive and RDS already has conservative bonafides. AG, I would vote for that. RDS is a smart attorney, he don't lose.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

If she was a Sikh from Massachusetts instead of South Carolina she would be a Biden supporter.

**** her

I'll also add, that I'd bet dollars to donuts that if the polls weren't looking good for Trump, Nikki Haley wouldn't have said she'd be voting for Trump.

Also, if these kangaroo court cases were looking worse for Trump (instead of apparently going up in flames), same thing. She wouldn't say a thing about voting for him.

Sounds like to me, with these court cases not working out quite like the NeverTrumpers had hoped, Nikki's plan of waiting in the shadows to win the GOP nomination from a brokered convention has waned a bit.

Looks like she's kissing the ring because she has little choice and she wants to be picked for VP.

If he's offered the job, he'll take it. Any of them will take it if offered. As WP noted, Trump is looking like a winner, and macro trends are more likely to move things to his favor than to his detriment. If you do want to be POTUS, you would way rather run as a sitting VP than against a sitting VP......
RDS & DJT are both from Florida. Isn't there a Constitutional provision against the POTUS and VPOTUS being from the same state?
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

RDS & DJT are both from Florida. Isn't there a Constitutional provision against the POTUS and VPOTUS being from the same state?

Residency is rarely an issue, as the law rarely defines it in any many meaningful detail. Leading an apartment usually will suffice, legslly speaking, at which point it becomes a purely political issue which rarely matters much.

In this particular case, Trump owns residences elsewhere, notably the Bedminster Golf Club in New Jersey. He files a change of address and he's good to go.

Not a non-issue, but as close to one as possible without actually being one.
whiterock
Positive impact of the Haley endorsement. Trump consolidating what he needs to consolidate.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/top-billionaire-says-hes-backing-trump-vote-for-change-5656872?utm_source=RTNews&src_src=RTNews&utm_campaign=rtbreaking-2024-05-24-4&src_cmp=rtbreaking-2024-05-24-4&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbeMgcBIF25To7bwC8GZWBiBNufRzRx4RN%2FWJiaPigFE%3D
historian
The good news is that DeSantis would not necessarily need the same kind of coattails because he is already more desirable than Bush 41 and he already has a much better record of accomplishments, the kind of accomplishments people like to see. If Trump wins in November and is able to reverse most of the damage done by Biden, et al then his coattails might be more than enough.
ā€œIncline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!ā€
Psalm 119:36
historian
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

**** her

There's some value in appearing to not be interested. It's a good position to take in negotiating for the job. It's an even better position to take if you think you are not likely to be the choice. Getting left at the altar is emasculating.....

i disagree. I dont see Trumps VP as a winning hand in the future. Need to be close enough to capture the base, but not too close. there will be negatives for future elections. i would be shocked if RDS would say yes. I don't even see much upside for RDS from Trump's perspective, he doesn't bring anyone Trump doesn't already have.

Scott and Haley both bring different voters, RDS not so much.
I agree that RDS might not offer Trump as much electorally as some other options.

Here's your choice:
A) You can say no to VP, finish your term, and spend two-years preparing to run as a former governor. You will not have the same political power to make news or raise money. You can't rush out to oppose with executive order or signed statute the latest insanity from the left. You can only step up to the microphone and make a statement. Yeah, you won't get forgotten, but you'll be in a helluva lot weaker position than you were as Governor, or would be if you had some statewide or national office affording you a bully pulpit. You'll be remembered by the 3 & 4R Republicans, but progressively ever more "out of mind" of the 2R voters, 1R voters, and crossover voters. And....you'll have to contend with other sitting Governors, Senators, and a VP who WILL get more airtime and likely raise more money.
B) you can say yes to VP and be part of a billion-dollar campaign getting your name out across the country, where you will implicitly and in some ways explicitly be presented as the "heir apparent" given that Trump cannot seek reelection in 2028. After inauguration, you will travel the world making news with foreign powers (buttressing your foreign policy resume in ways few others could compete with). You will make news domestically on issues of the day. And you will be sitting on top of a nationwide fundraising network YOU helped build in the 2024 campaign. And you will be able to tap all of that as you ease into the primary and ensuing convention. Everything that organizes primaries and conventions and campaigns will already be built...nationwide....and supported by the power of incumbency.

You really, really are not thinking clearly about the allure of being VP 2024-2028. It is the closest thing there is to a guaranteed nomination in 2028. And one must get the nomination to get to be POTUS.

Frankly, I'd rather RDS be Atty General than VPOTUS. He'd leave a trail thru the deep-state like Sherman left thru Georgia. And I think he'd take it. It'd be a good place for him to park & prep for 2024.

I agree with RDS as AG, his best role

I am not sure that Trump leaves anything in a positive state. Name one thing he was ever involved in that ended positive?

Not sure having your name with Trump will be a positive and RDS already has conservative bonafides. AG, I would vote for that. RDS is a smart attorney, he don't lose.

Pres. Trump's first term was filled with positive accomplishments, especially compared to the disaster that has been Biden: the economy, the border, foreign policy, no new wars, etc. It was a pleasant surprise to see him do things that no one thought possible, some rivaling the great Ronald Reagan.
historian
Not constitutional, just political calculation. For that reason alone, DeSantis might be out of the running. Then again, Trump's political calculations often defy what is commonly done & he still succeeds.
Realitybites
KaiBear said:

If these politicians were faced with the prospect of THEIR children coming home in body bags or permanently crippled and disfigured................

does anyone doubt we would be in far fewer wars ?

There's always a loophole for the kids of decision makers.
Realitybites
Redbrickbear said:

I think she's about as good a Sikh as she is a Republican. There's actually a lot of support for the GOP and traditional Americana in the observant Sikh community and a bit of overlap of "good Christian living" in what it teaches. In fact, it probably is the world religion closest to Christ's teaching in the gospels (though it lacks the broader doctrinal understanding of the divine outside of being monotheistic) outside of Christianity on the modern world religious stage. Certainly more so than either "Judaism" or Islam despite their claim to being Abrahamic faiths.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

I actually applauded Trump for going to the Liberaltarians. I would like to see him speak to a Democrat group to make his case.

I think that is how this should work and Trump's latest actions have impressed me, with his campaigning savvy.

The other thing Trump is doing that I think is brilliant and would do if I was in his place. He is making a list of easy "follow-throughs" from groups that he can do on Day 1 and build credibility. With the Libs the pardoning of Ross Ulreich and putting a Lib in the Cabinet. Those are easy follow-though's that build credibility and provide a "Team of Rivals" approach...

Nice week by the Donald...

(I give him enough **** about what he did wrong, when he does things right he should get credit.)
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

I actually applauded Trump for going to the Liberaltarians. I would like to see him speak to a Democrat group to make his case.

I think that is how this should work and Trump's latest actions have impressed me, with his campaigning savvy.

Agreeā€¦it's great that he is not afraid

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

LOLOLOLOL!!!! I am convinced the most Libertarians are Progressive Democrats in disguise.

They hate Trump because he wants to close the border and not legalize all drugs.

I suspect Trump is right. They will probably once again take 3 percent of the vote.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

LOLOLOLOL!!!! I am convinced the most Libertarians are Progressive Democrats in disguise.

They hate Trump because he wants to close the border and not legalize all drugs.

I suspect Trump is right. They will probably once again take 3 percent of the vote.
Do you like anyone but the 4 conservatives (by your definition) that exist in the Nation???? Now Libertarian's are liberal? Short of Mussolini (a true Facist, not the Nazi ****), is there anyone that got it right????
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Do you like anyone but the 4 conservatives (by your definition) that exist in the Nation???? Now Libertarian's are liberal? Short of Mussolini (a true Facist, not the Nazi ****), is there anyone that got it right????
Sorry dude. I can't get on board with wide open borders, legalization of all dangerous drugs, and legalized prostitution. But you do you. I am sure there are more than three other Americans that agree with me.

-- Barack Obama
historian
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump is correct about something else, too: most of them will vote for him.
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Sorry dude. I can't get on board with wide open borders, legalization of all dangerous drugs, and legalized prostitution. But you do you. I am sure there are more than three other Americans that agree with me.

Good points. My understanding was that Trump was looking to add one Lib to the Cabinet, not adopt their platform.

There are aspects of the Lib platform that makes sense that are not very Progressive. I do agree on the three things you point out.
KaiBear
boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

First such one in months.

Hopefully someone in his campaign has finally got his attention.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

Agree, very smart. Someone there seems to have their act together, they have him on message lately.

Would like to see him talk to some more groups. Get more input, identify some things that they all agree. Maybe the start of getting something done.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

Agree, very smart. Someone there seems to have their act together, they have him on message lately.

Would like to see him talk to some more groups. Get more input, identify some things that they all agree. Maybe the start of getting something done.
Somehow, someway Trump needs to meet various organizations involving younger female voters.

Needs to be prepared to take some verbal hits, show some PATIENCE and respond like a presidential candidate instead of an arrogant 'player' from back in the 80's or 90's.

Trump has simply got to make inroads with such women. Not merely the older grandmothers of the Church crowd.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

Somehow, someway Trump needs to meet various organizations involving younger female voters.

Needs to be prepared to take some verbal hits, show some PATIENCE and respond like a presidential candidate instead of an arrogant 'player' from back in the 80's or 90's.

Trump has simply got to make inroads with such women. Not merely the older grandmothers of the Church crowd.

Yup, he is showing signs of doing better. This was a good step, but you are right he has to show the women that his actions make their lives better, not to focus on stupid things he said.
boognish_bear
Oldbear83
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

I disagree a bit. Appealing directly to women's groups would look like pandering.

Trump will be more successful if he focuses on economic conditions and what he would do about them. The polls already show Trump doing better with married women compared to 2020 for just that reason.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Oldbear83
boognish_bear said:

So Sanders will get some votes ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

boognish_bear said:

Clever move by Trump.

I disagree a bit. Appealing directly to women's groups would look like pandering.

Trump will be more successful if he focuses on economic conditions and what he would do about them. The polls already show Trump doing better with married women compared to 2020 for just that reason.

There is a difference between pandering, which is common during election cycles, and listening to find overlapping interests. Trump standing there, taking the boos without going nuts and listening to what their issues are is a powerful tool. All these groups have issues they want to see completed, there are some easy wins that are right in line with what Trump wants to do. He did a good job with the Libertarians. Women groups would help. Minority groups would help, remind them of how he handled Historic Black Colleges. Small but one of his best actions of 2016-20. He made them a line item, that was huge. No one did that before.

He can to 300+ electoral votes if he brings some in of these groups. He is going to do the economy, that is who he is. These extra meetings make up a lot of ground. You don't want to pander, don't get into politics.
Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is the Libertarian Party nominee....good luck with that.

Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Looks like the Libertarian Party has turned into a total s h i t show!

The Libertarian Party appears to be following the Tea Party's lead and doing a swirly down the toilet.

Where is quash?

-- Barack Obama
J.R.
Oh the irony! Trumps and Libertarians could not be more diametrically opposed. Go Libterians!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

Oh the irony! Trumps and Libertarians could not be more diametrically opposed. Go Libterians!
At least you didn't type "Go Librarians! "

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

J.R. said:

At least you didn't "Go Librarians! "

What does Trump talking to them have to do with supporting the whacked out Libertarian agenda?

There are several items that overlap, Trump can get some easy wins by giving little, and if he can pull 1% of the Libertarian-leaning vote he helps himself in swing states. It is a brilliant move.

You guys seem to think you have to believe and support everything every group believes in. You don't. You just have to find the two or three things that align. He doesn't have to pander, give in or sell out. There are always a few areas that align.He needs to do that with women and I would take the fight to the Dems. Meet with Dem minority groups. Find the things that align and get them done. Much more impressed with Trump's campaign.
KaiBear
Chase Oliver represents the attitude of our local libertarians perfectly.

Wonder if he also goes to Cambodia and the Philippines with a fist full of twenties.

Another 'stud' in the making.
J.R.
historian said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

NO the won't. There is NOTHING in common with the Libs and Hitler-Trump
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

historian said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

you have completely lost the plot..
ā€œMix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.ā€

ā€“Horace

ā€œInsomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep youā€™ll get if youā€™re able to ā€˜fall asleep right now.ā€™ ā€œ
historian
J.R. said:

historian said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Do you mean this Trump? The one who supports genocidal, Jew hating Hamas? The one who has no problem jailing his political enemies on bogus charges? The list is much longer.

First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 150

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.