263,409 Views | 5426 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Jack Bauer
Cobretti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Cool story, Joe, but no one is buying the bull this year.
Not a story fella. Again, Liars figure, Figures don't lie. Name isn't Joe. If you don't know the data, I don't know what to tell you .
I know you are insane, on drugs or just lying if you want to claim Joe Biden's economy is anything but bad for Americans.
Look at the data, you fool. Insane or on drugs...yeah right. you want to compare education and career? Didn't think so. Yep , I'm hammed on Phentnal and currently on Lithium, but I find a way to make it work, you clown. It is obvious that you want to blame other for you shortcoming instead of doing something about it. Pathetic.
You've gone full DeNiro, you know. Not 'great actor' DeNiro, but 'raving idiot' DeNiro.

Just ignore the effects Biden's Administration has had on real wages, job growth and of course the dissolution of savings by Americans.

Maybe check on consumer confidence, to the point that going to McDonald's these days is a luxury many cannot afford.

Maybe consider the effect of tens of millions of illegal aliens eating up - often literally - resources needed for our children, veterans, and the elderly.

You just lap up Biden's lies and pretend things are great.

"Consumers Remain Anxious"
https://www.conference-board.org/topics/consumer-confidence

"Savings Dwindle"
https://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/americans-face-retirement-gap-as-savings-dwindle-poll-reveals-finances-salary-women-men-social-security-401k-roth-ira-employment-inflation-economy

"States Are Spending Billions On Resources For Migrants"
https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/iatmmigration/what-states-spending-resources-migrants/

Some of you are just gullible. You haven't figured out that you and your Maga brethren have been trolled. Man, you are thick.

But you also voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020…..so I am a little bewildered about your source of political superiority.
no political superiority, whatsoever. I just believe that both of the clowns are NOT qualified, nor good for our country. I have always said I did vote for him. However, he just wears on my because he has NO character, he is NOT a leader, He isn't that smart. He is a pathological liar which I just can't deal with. I hope he goes to jail. He has earned it by actions, criminality, narsicism. Still can't believe all you evangelical think this is ok.
So much spewage.

Since I am pretty sure J.R. ignored it the first several times I mentioned it, I don't like Trump.

I don't approve of his inability to shut up when silence is in his best interest, and I really don't like reminders of his infidelity.

But at the end of the day, it's gonna be Biden and his handlers or Trump in the Oval Office next January, and all your rants about not liking either of the candidates is just useless noise now.

Trump ran a good economy in terms of jobs and real wages, he worked to close the flow of illegals into the US, and he did not start any new wars, something almost every other POTUS seemed incapable of managing.

Pretty clear decision.
I respect your opinion and choice. I just can't do it on character and leadership grounds. I'd don't deal in relativism. He is proven time and time again, he doesn't give 2 ****s about you or the middle class. He is only interested in himself.
Again, it's Biden or Trump.

Choose.
I don't have to make that choice.
4th and Inches
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not a story fella. Again, Liars figure, Figures don't lie. Name isn't Joe. If you don't know the data, I don't know what to tell you .
I know you are insane, on drugs or just lying if you want to claim Joe Biden's economy is anything but bad for Americans.
Look at the data, you fool. Insane or on drugs...yeah right. you want to compare education and career? Didn't think so. Yep , I'm hammed on Phentnal and currently on Lithium, but I find a way to make it work, you clown. It is obvious that you want to blame other for you shortcoming instead of doing something about it. Pathetic.
You've gone full DeNiro, you know. Not 'great actor' DeNiro, but 'raving idiot' DeNiro.

Just ignore the effects Biden's Administration has had on real wages, job growth and of course the dissolution of savings by Americans.

Maybe check on consumer confidence, to the point that going to McDonald's these days is a luxury many cannot afford.

Maybe consider the effect of tens of millions of illegal aliens eating up - often literally - resources needed for our children, veterans, and the elderly.

"Savings Dwindle"
https://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/americans-face-retirement-gap-as-savings-dwindle-poll-reveals-finances-salary-women-men-social-security-401k-roth-ira-employment-inflation-economy

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/iatmmigration/what-states-spending-resources-migrants/

Some of you are just gullible. You haven't figured out that you and your Maga brethren have been trolled. Man, you are thick.

But you also voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020…..so I am a little bewildered about your source of political superiority.
no political superiority, whatsoever. I just believe that both of the clowns are NOT qualified, nor good for our country. I have always said I did vote for him. However, he just wears on my because he has NO character, he is NOT a leader, He isn't that smart. He is a pathological liar which I just can't deal with. I hope he goes to jail. He has earned it by actions, criminality, narsicism. Still can't believe all you evangelical think this is ok.
So much spewage.

Since I am pretty sure J.R. ignored it the first several times I mentioned it, I don't like Trump.

I don't approve of his inability to shut up when silence is in his best interest, and I really don't like reminders of his infidelity.

But at the end of the day, it's gonna be Biden and his handlers or Trump in the Oval Office next January, and all your rants about not liking either of the candidates is just useless noise now.

Trump ran a good economy in terms of jobs and real wages, he worked to close the flow of illegals into the US, and he did not start any new wars, something almost every other POTUS seemed incapable of managing.

Pretty clear decision.
I respect your opinion and choice. I just can't do it on character and leadership grounds. I'd don't deal in relativism. He is proven time and time again, he doesn't give 2 ****s about you or the middle class. He is only interested in himself.

Choose.
so true.. you can not vote which is the same as a vote for the winner
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Cobretti
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Savings Dwindle"

So much spewage.

Pretty clear decision.

Choose.
Deny it all you like, you are making a choice. It's Trump or Biden.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Savings Dwindle"

So much spewage.

Pretty clear decision.

Choose.
You should vote for the meanyhead that does NOT have Dementia. Pretty simple.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Savings Dwindle"

So much spewage.

Pretty clear decision.

Choose.

In Texas, you can vote for Literally Anyone Else
historian
Even that effectively would be a vote for one of the two.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Oldbear83
historian said:

Even that effectively would be a vote for one of the two.
Yes, that's the point. The only two people who realistically can win the White House are Biden or Trump, so it really comes down to backing one or the other, no matter what you say or who you claim you are helping or supporting.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack and DP
It would be good to remember that either Trump or Biden would be a lame duck President. Who we're really deciding between is Kamala and Nikki.
FLBear5630
Jack and DP said:

It would be good to remember that either Trump or Biden would be a lame duck President. Who we're really deciding between is Kamala and Nikki.
Give me Nikki over Kamala...

Oh, can't vote for her as she is a RINO, NEOCOM, UNIPARTY and whatever else the latest name is for GOP Conservative these days.
whiterock
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-v-biden-guilty-verdict-wont-seal-deal-either-man-heres-what-give-one-them-win
Cobretti

historian

Powerful: Black New Yorker Who 'Doesn't Even Like Trump' Explains Why He HAS to Vote For Him Now (Watch)

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/05/31/powerful-black-new-yorker-who-doesnt-even-like-trump-explains-why-he-has-to-vote-for-him-now-watch-n2396831

I've seen lots if reports like this ever since the verdict. The fascists might have guaranteed Trump's reelection with this blatant political stunt.
Whiskey Pete
Cobretti said:

Understand he's trying to appeal to younger voters, but still disappointed he joined an app he said previously was a security threat.
Osodecentx
Cobretti
whiterock
Realitybites
Donald Trump Jr. on His Father's "Conviction"
whiterock
Realitybites said:

Donald Trump Jr. on His Father's "Conviction"
great discussion that gets right to the heart of it in the first two minutes:

(talking about the J6 demonstrators): "....they were actually the most pure-hearted, and most naive...I mean, they were literally walking around holding up pocket constitutions saying "you can't do this." They actually believed in the system much more than the people who put them in prison, who don't believe in any of that at ail."

Exactly what I said at that time.....the J6 demonstration was an effort to work within the existing system, to use systemic options to redress a valid grievance. Unfortunately, the system wasn't prepared to tolerate any grievances at all. At least not from Republicans.
whiterock
Very predictable. The donor class is directly threatened by the outcome of Trump's NYC trial.

"We are all felons now, but very few of us have earned a conviction....yet." I've said that a few times. It is the take-home lesson from what happened last week. If you are a threat to Democrat agendas, they will take you out, no matter what. No one is safe. Not even the wealthiest among us.

When you build a gulag, you are sending a signal to anyone with anything to lose: you better fill the gulag with your opponents before your opponents fill it with you. We are on the precipice of that. Far too few people recognize how much they have to lose.....yet. But the donor class....they get it. big time.

---------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump's conviction isn't scaring off voters it's spurring high-roller donors to flock to his cause
By Charles Gasparino
Published June 1, 2024, 4:52 p.m. ET

I can't tell you if Donald Trump will spend a day in jail after a Manhattan jury's guilty verdict in that absurd hush-money case. What I can report with a great degree of certainty is that Trump isn't a guy acting particularly worried about the outcome; in fact, he thinks it's going to propel him back into the White House.

That's the read I'm getting from members of the billionaire and multimillionaire GOP donor class who were hanging with the former and possibly future president, now a convicted felon, at an Upper East Side residence just hours after the perversion of the justice system Thursday.

Among the deep-pocketed group of about two dozen some who were initially reluctant to support Trump for many reasons, including the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol Hill fiasco were private equity honcho Steve Schwarzman; real estate titan Steve Witkoff; Jeff Sprecher, the CEO of the Intercontinental Exchange that controls the NYSE; his wife, the former Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler; NFL New York Jets owner Woody Johnson; Jacob Helberg of Palantir; John Catsimatidis, the supermarket and media entrepreneur; and hedge fund billionaire John Paulson.

They met at the behest of Pepe Fanjul, the South Florida real estate and sugar magnate who owns the swanky venue.

I am told that Trump, with his son Eric, arrived a little late (for obvious reasons) not with a scowl but a smile. He began by cracking jokes to his guests about what just went down in that lower Manhattan courtroom and then got down to business about how he plans to reverse the corrosive elements of Bidenism when he gets re-elected.

All of this was discussed over a dinner of a ravioli appetizer and a choice of steak and fish. (Trump, a legendary meat eater, got the steak; I couldn't determine if he doused it with his preferred condiment, ketchup.)
Biden's open-borders fiasco took center stage. So did Trump's potential VP pick, with a lot of people plugging former nemesis Nikki Haley. Then came the administration's weak response to China's military and economic threat; wokeism, where we have an administration that supports "transitioning" children; Biden's seeming obliviousness to continued inflation that's decimating the working class; and the rise of antisemitism on campuses and in public discourse thanks to the left wing of the Democratic Party that Sleepy Joe actively has supported for four years despite his reputation as a moderate.

Trump took it all in. People were said to be outraged how a lefty Manhattan district attorney can insert himself into a national election. Trump's other legal issues were addressed and how some might end up before the Supreme Court.

He provided some Trumpian details on how he planned to address it all, which no one argued with given his prior record of peace and prosperity despite his crazy Truth Social feed.

"We spoke for two hours," said one attendee. "Everyone explained the need for Trump to win given the dangerous direction of the country under Biden and they said they were willing to do whatever to support him."

The donors came (and pledged an estimated $30 million to Team Trump) because they not only see the case brought by leftist DA Alvin Bragg 34 counts of practically nothing bootstrapped into a felony as a politically motivated hatchet job, they view the other cases against Trump through the same political witch-hunt prism. They're increasingly willing to fight back with their bank accounts.

Most of all, they fear the alternative: The hapless administration of Sleepy Joe Biden that is an existential threat to the nation.

Again, the people attending weren't always on the Trump train. Schwarzman, a longtime GOP donor, was until recently a Trump skeptic following Jan. 6. As this column first predicted, antisemitism on campus, stoked by elements of the Democratic Party and Biden's mere half-hearted support of Israel eradicating the Hamas maniacs after Oct. 7, has made Schwarzman a born-again Trumper.

He said as much at the dinner. So did the others who attended to a person. They believe the DA's case was a farce and the trial a sham: A noncrime over a porn-star hush-money payment brought by a defund-the-police, Soros-funded hack DA before a lefty judge all to bring down the Democrats' most hated target.

They also really think that Biden has sold out to sinister and leftist elements of the party. He needs to go, along with his half-witted VP, Kamala Harris, who will likely finish out our barely sentient president's term if he's re-elected, given his fragile mental acuity.

Meanwhile, the former president is acting like he's going to be the next president. The Bragg verdict has galvanized popular support and money is rolling in from donors large and small; an estimated $150 million will be raised in the coming days, the Trump campaign believes.

Even before the verdict, Trump was talking to his kitchen cabinet a group of about a dozen people from the business and political worlds with whom he's close that goes beyond his casual chats with Elon Musk not about what the food is like in jail, but who will help him run the government after he wins back the White House.
It was once thought that experienced people would run from Trump if he ran again because of the volatile nature of his presidency and his erratic behavior. And yes, Jan. 6.

Just the opposite is happening now. Four years of Sleepy Joe will do that.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/01/business/donald-trumps-conviction-isnt-scaring-off-voters-its-spurring-high-roller-donors-to-flock-to-his-cause/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=social
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Very predictable. The donor class is directly threatened by the outcome of Trump's NYC trial.

"We are all felons now, but very few of us have earned a conviction....yet." I've said that a few times. It is the take-home lesson from what happened last week. If you are a threat to Democrat agendas, they will take you out, no matter what. No one is safe. Not even the wealthiest among us.

When you build a gulag, you are sending a signal to anyone with anything to lose: you better fill the gulag with your opponents before your opponents fill it with you. We are on the precipice of that. Far too few people recognize how much they have to lose.....yet. But the donor class....they get it. big time.

---------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump's conviction isn't scaring off voters it's spurring high-roller donors to flock to his cause
By Charles Gasparino
Published June 1, 2024, 4:52 p.m. ET

I can't tell you if Donald Trump will spend a day in jail after a Manhattan jury's guilty verdict in that absurd hush-money case. What I can report with a great degree of certainty is that Trump isn't a guy acting particularly worried about the outcome; in fact, he thinks it's going to propel him back into the White House.

That's the read I'm getting from members of the billionaire and multimillionaire GOP donor class who were hanging with the former and possibly future president, now a convicted felon, at an Upper East Side residence just hours after the perversion of the justice system Thursday.

Among the deep-pocketed group of about two dozen some who were initially reluctant to support Trump for many reasons, including the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol Hill fiasco were private equity honcho Steve Schwarzman; real estate titan Steve Witkoff; Jeff Sprecher, the CEO of the Intercontinental Exchange that controls the NYSE; his wife, the former Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler; NFL New York Jets owner Woody Johnson; Jacob Helberg of Palantir; John Catsimatidis, the supermarket and media entrepreneur; and hedge fund billionaire John Paulson.

They met at the behest of Pepe Fanjul, the South Florida real estate and sugar magnate who owns the swanky venue.

I am told that Trump, with his son Eric, arrived a little late (for obvious reasons) not with a scowl but a smile. He began by cracking jokes to his guests about what just went down in that lower Manhattan courtroom and then got down to business about how he plans to reverse the corrosive elements of Bidenism when he gets re-elected.

All of this was discussed over a dinner of a ravioli appetizer and a choice of steak and fish. (Trump, a legendary meat eater, got the steak; I couldn't determine if he doused it with his preferred condiment, ketchup.)
Biden's open-borders fiasco took center stage. So did Trump's potential VP pick, with a lot of people plugging former nemesis Nikki Haley. Then came the administration's weak response to China's military and economic threat; wokeism, where we have an administration that supports "transitioning" children; Biden's seeming obliviousness to continued inflation that's decimating the working class; and the rise of antisemitism on campuses and in public discourse thanks to the left wing of the Democratic Party that Sleepy Joe actively has supported for four years despite his reputation as a moderate.

Trump took it all in. People were said to be outraged how a lefty Manhattan district attorney can insert himself into a national election. Trump's other legal issues were addressed and how some might end up before the Supreme Court.

He provided some Trumpian details on how he planned to address it all, which no one argued with given his prior record of peace and prosperity despite his crazy Truth Social feed.

"We spoke for two hours," said one attendee. "Everyone explained the need for Trump to win given the dangerous direction of the country under Biden and they said they were willing to do whatever to support him."

The donors came (and pledged an estimated $30 million to Team Trump) because they not only see the case brought by leftist DA Alvin Bragg 34 counts of practically nothing bootstrapped into a felony as a politically motivated hatchet job, they view the other cases against Trump through the same political witch-hunt prism. They're increasingly willing to fight back with their bank accounts.

Most of all, they fear the alternative: The hapless administration of Sleepy Joe Biden that is an existential threat to the nation.

Again, the people attending weren't always on the Trump train. Schwarzman, a longtime GOP donor, was until recently a Trump skeptic following Jan. 6. As this column first predicted, antisemitism on campus, stoked by elements of the Democratic Party and Biden's mere half-hearted support of Israel eradicating the Hamas maniacs after Oct. 7, has made Schwarzman a born-again Trumper.

He said as much at the dinner. So did the others who attended to a person. They believe the DA's case was a farce and the trial a sham: A noncrime over a porn-star hush-money payment brought by a defund-the-police, Soros-funded hack DA before a lefty judge all to bring down the Democrats' most hated target.

They also really think that Biden has sold out to sinister and leftist elements of the party. He needs to go, along with his half-witted VP, Kamala Harris, who will likely finish out our barely sentient president's term if he's re-elected, given his fragile mental acuity.

Meanwhile, the former president is acting like he's going to be the next president. The Bragg verdict has galvanized popular support and money is rolling in from donors large and small; an estimated $150 million will be raised in the coming days, the Trump campaign believes.

Even before the verdict, Trump was talking to his kitchen cabinet a group of about a dozen people from the business and political worlds with whom he's close that goes beyond his casual chats with Elon Musk not about what the food is like in jail, but who will help him run the government after he wins back the White House.
It was once thought that experienced people would run from Trump if he ran again because of the volatile nature of his presidency and his erratic behavior. And yes, Jan. 6.

Just the opposite is happening now. Four years of Sleepy Joe will do that.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/01/business/donald-trumps-conviction-isnt-scaring-off-voters-its-spurring-high-roller-donors-to-flock-to-his-cause/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=social

You are right, I think he will get good people because the alternatives are downright scary.
boognish_bear
whiterock
boognish_bear said:

interesting. Might end up being that it has less impact on the spread between the candidate that in does on the overall favorability of both, driving both of them down, effectively driving up the undecided vote.
historian
A reaction to the sham trial & conviction of Trump:

https://notthebee.com/takes/democrats-convicted-trump-now-what

He's correct: the squishes won't like his conclusions.
boognish_bear
whiterock
historian said:

A reaction to the sham trial & conviction of Trump:

https://notthebee.com/takes/democrats-convicted-trump-now-what

He's correct: the squishes won't like his conclusions.
Pretty good compendium of the sentiments going thru the minds of most Republicans. Auron McEntyre hit the nail most squarely with this comment:

"A balance of power is always predicted on the idea that if one side violates the norms they will face a reciprocal exercise of power

Conservatives have spent decades explaining why their principles prevent them from doing anything that would limit the avarice of the left."

This is a story of deterrence lost. Dems have no fear of being held accountable for any of this and are revealing their authoritarian colors. Every check and balance that resists them is defined as a tool of systemic oppression that must be either destroyed, or occupied. Meanwhile, GOP moderates tacitly accept (see posts by Asa Hutchinson and Larry Hogan) the premise of their own deplorability and give ground to avoid every battle.

Bestweekeverr
boognish_bear said:

He's learned.
historian
Well said!
whiterock
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
boognish_bear said:

Not sure that "Swamp" was the best choice of words here.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
historian
Those who matter will get it. They know exactly what Trump means by it and they will be all in.
J.R.
historian said:

Those who matter will get it. They know exactly what Trump means by it and they will be all in.
Trump is the SWAMP. Ironic , no?
historian
No he's not. Never was and never was implied.
boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 156

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.