270,867 Views | 5512 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by boognish_bear
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Well, the Dems, media, & other fascists have been gaslighting all of us for at least 4 years regarding Joe Biden's health & mental acuity while they became increasingly obvious lies.

True

But 40% of all Americans don't seem to care .

They will vote for anyone rather than Trump. GOP had to know there was a significant cohort of voters that will not vote for Trump.

Agreed

But individual Republican office holders are terrified of Trumps MAGA crowd.

So they would rather lose the presidential race to the Dems than risk their own cushy positions.
boognish_bear
historian
Probably because of TDS, paying too much attention to media lies, or waiting until October or November to decide. Maybe some combination.
historian
Biden might surprise us: it would be very difficult but don't count out his ability to cause huge disasters. Obama said as much, albeit much more colorfully.

Everything Biden touches falls into ruin. In a way, he's a microcosm of the government. If only more people would realize that fact.
4th and Inches
Aliceinbubbleland said:

It is obvious President Biden is not going to withdraw and it is also impossible for him to have a worse second debate.

challenge accepted.. i think his next debate will be worse than this one
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
JXL
boognish_bear said:

He would be so much better off if his staff would delete his Twitter account and the rest of his social media access.
Aliceinbubbleland
JXL said:

boognish_bear said:

He would be so much better off if his staff would delete his Twitter account and the rest of his social media access.
Never heard of that web site but this would be typical of Donald if he really posted such silliness. He really doesn't want to be President. He just wants to rake in the cash from campaign donations.
Vote for Manchin please
4th and Inches
Dropping this off for our friend late steak

“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
90sBear
JXL said:

boognish_bear said:

If they could do that they would have done it while he was president.
Jack and DP
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

historian said:

Well, the Dems, media, & other fascists have been gaslighting all of us for at least 4 years regarding Joe Biden's health & mental acuity while they became increasingly obvious lies.

True

But 40% of all Americans don't seem to care .

They will vote for anyone rather than Trump. GOP had to know there was a significant cohort of voters that will not vote for Trump.

The cult of child sacrifice is large.
historian
It's neo-Baalism or another form of neo-paganism. It's people wanting to play god but we are not gods.
KaiBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

JXL said:

boognish_bear said:

He really doesn't want to be President. He just wants to rake in the cash from campaign donations.

A. Trump makes far more money through his other businesses strategies.
B. Strongly doubt any billionaire would go through the unrelenting abuse and criticism Trump has endured just to add on a few extra million.
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

It is obvious President Biden is not going to withdraw and it is also impossible for him to have a worse second debate.

I'm inclined to agree. But....

Even if you did discover a plausible pathway to a replacement that materially improved odds, you would need to initially mount a spirited defense of Biden, make it appear as if he had stabilized his position and was back in the game, competing. That gives you time to quietly do the spadework setting up the landscape on the changes. You could not just let the guy twist in the wind for weeks, lost time in fundraising, voter registration, etc.... That would tarnish the whole slate of Democrat candidates up & down the ballots. the narrative about Democrat disarray, etc..... All those candidates would lose their ability to message on anything other than "what's gonna happen at the convention? who will you guys pick?" It would compound by orders of magnitude the problem of an enfeebled POTUS candidate. It would make it almost impossible for the new person just jump in and right the ship.

In such a scenario, I'd expect to see this talk die down, then possibly flutter up in 3 weeks or so, after all the preparations are made.

Either way, the polls probably aren't going to change much. The independents are likely to declare at the last minute.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

JXL said:

boognish_bear said:

He really doesn't want to be President. He just wants to rake in the cash from campaign donations.

B. Strongly doubt any billionaire would go through the unrelenting abuse and criticism Trump has endured just to add on a few extra million.

I do agree here. The one thing that came through to me in the debate is that Trump really does love the US and is sickened over what has happened. He really wants to fix it. I thought that came through clearly.
Jack Bauer
"Yeah girl I'm out here in these streets"

whiterock
https://x.com/i/trending/1807761511105925234

historian
KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

JXL said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump is undoubtedly losing money as president. For a guy with enough business sense to build an empire of sorts to take on a job without pay speaks volumes. To be honest, this particular decision by Trump compares favorably to George Washington who served as Commander of the Continental Army without pay. Now, Trump does not have the character (especially humility and prudence) and temperament of Washington, that would be a foolish comparison, but he has shown strong qualities since entering the political realm. That is undeniable.
historian
The Democrats won't stop their illegal registration of illegal aliens. Not for a moment. That's the linchpin of their strategy and the reason Biden so recklessly opened the border to this invasion.
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland
You actually listen to that clown?
Vote for Manchin please
whiterock
In the poison pill department, Biden is telling the Nervous Nellies that if he steps aside, he is endorsing Kamala. (Knowing that they see Kamala as less electable than Biden.)

Biden appears to be going to the May to remain on the ticket.

Cobretti
whiterock said:

Quote:

From an unusually good source: Obama's tweet supporting Joe Biden was disingenuous. In private, Obama is telling people Biden can't win, and he is therefore in favor of an open convention. Obama will not say whom he supports, nor as of yesterday afternoon had he met personally with Biden to deliver the message. Relations between the Obamas and the Bidens have never been warm. At times they've been hostile. But recently they've deteriorated further, mostly due to Jill Biden. In the hours and days after the debate, she kept her husband cloistered away from anyone who might convince him to drop out. Jill Biden is the driving force behind her husband's reelection campaign, just as she was in 2020, when other members of the family (including Biden's sister Val) considered him too impaired to run. The next generation of potential Democratic candidates understands all this as an opportunity and they're circling, particularly Gretchen Whitmer, who is promoting herself aggressively.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Michelle is going to be the nominee and she will be tough to beat. That would be the worst scenario for GOP.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Michelle is going to be the nominee and she will be tough to beat. That would be the worst scenario for GOP.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-hrtab&ei=UTF-8&p=Michelle+Obama+youtube+I+have+never+been+proud+of+my+country#id=2&vid=1670de83847cd4fb2f44d115bad4190d&action=click

The Republicans need to run this clip 24/7 from the moment it is announced that she is the replacement candidate.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-hrtab&ei=UTF-8&p=Michelle+Obama+youtube+I+have+never+been+proud+of+my+country#id=2&vid=1670de83847cd4fb2f44d115bad4190d&action=click

Really hope it is not her. Whitmer, Newsome, Klobucher all are manageable. I perceive that Michelle Obama will be tough, I wonder if Whiterock has any poll info.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Really hope it is not her. Whitmer, Newsome, Klobucher all are manageable. I perceive that Michelle Obama will be tough, I wonder if Whiterock has any poll info.
The only way the Dems can kick Kamala to the curb is replace her with another black woman (Kamala will still be madder than an old wet hen!). Otherwise, there will be a race war in the Democrat Party, which would be glorious!!! Not a good look for them going into the election.

At this point, I think they Weekend At Bernie's Joe Biden to the finish line. Would much rather Trump face China Joe than a candidate with a functioning brain. We shall see.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

her name was polled quite a bit in the 6-18 months ago timeframe. She never polled ahead of Trump (in any poll I saw). She was at or near the top of the Democrat candidate field, who were all clumped together within a few points.

Not sure she will be as strong as it might appear at first glance, certainly not an "outclass the rest of the field" type of candidate. Yes, her positives are quite high, but that's because she never really engaged much in "the game." That will change once she starts taking positions, making speeches, and taking incoming fire (attack ads). Yes, she would help with the black vote, but not as much as one would think given that it is black men and young blacks that are peeling away from Democrats. Part of Trump's appeal with black men is the macho thing, compounded by what Carville described - Democrat messaging overly reflecting the worldview of progressive women. And of course, lots of the young black vote might not remember the Obama years enough to matter. But she would be the best hope Dems have of overcoming the damage caused by tossing over a black woman VP (Kamala).

she does not appear to want it.
but who knows what she's being offered.

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

her name was polled quite a bit in the 6-18 months ago timeframe. She never polled ahead of Trump (in any poll I saw). She was at or near the top of the Democrat candidate field, who were all clumped together within a few points.

Not sure she will be as strong as it might appear at first glance, certainly not an "outclass the rest of the field" type of candidate. Yes, her positives are quite high, but that's because she never really engaged much in "the game." That will change once she starts taking positions, making speeches, and taking incoming fire (attack ads). Yes, she would help with the black vote, but not as much as one would think given that it is black men and young blacks that are peeling away from Democrats. Part of Trump's appeal with black men is the macho thing, compounded by what Carville described - Democrat messaging overly reflecting the worldview of progressive women. And of course, lots of the young black vote might not remember the Obama years enough to matter. But she would be the best hope Dems have of overcoming the damage caused by tossing over a black woman VP (Kamala).

she does not appear to want it.
but who knows what she's being offered.

What would be interesting is that her career as an attorney would become fair game and could shine light on to things they would prefer not.
whiterock
NM now within MOE

whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

You actually listen to that clown?
I don't agree with him on everything, but I enjoy his work. I also subscribe to Economist and follow Dem pundits and elected officials on Twitter. A broad range of inputs builds perspective.

You shouldn't self-select yourself into position and confirmation bias.
Aliceinbubbleland
I read a lot of different media from both sides as well as TV but I refuse to listen to that man simply because he is a bold face liar who incites.
Vote for Manchin please
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I read a lot of different media from both sides as well as TV but I refuse to listen to that man simply because he is a bold face liar who incites.

He's wrong on Ukraine but right on a lot of things, and entertaining as hell. He just speaks truths in a way that inflames liberal vanities, thereby doing us all a sorely needed public service.

Here's an example of the pitfalls of that. (I follow both Sidon and LaCivita.)

First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.