438,593 Views | 8444 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by GrowlTowel
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whiskey Pete said:

FLBear5630 said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Quote:

And punting on commitments is just as sure a path to destruction.

I have an idea let's half Fed pensions, raise taxes on investments and make developers pay for infrastructure. How about that? We can knock this out in five years, you guys can handle it better than the teacher making 50k ...
If we cut the size of gov't and fed pensions, we don't need to raise taxes on investments.

Just as long as the cuts impact those making them too. The Right has a tendency to want to cut things they don't use or need. Just like Left wants to spend on programs. Right just as bad. We ALL need to embrace the suck. Not just the elderly, those that need economic aid and poor. The Agencies you say we don't need are usually focussed on poor. Let's see how investment tax on your investment fly. You just showed it, you said if we cut Fed employees and other we don't need to touch your investments. Typical.
Here, I'll really "show it". Consumption tax.

I am good with that.
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
historian
Oldbear83 said:

"no one would even notice."

Oh yes there would be notice. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says 23.36 million people work in government.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t17.htm

Cut the government by a third and almost eight million people lose their jobs, and since they are government employees I doubt most of them would easily find productive work in real jobs.

Yes, they would notice immediately. However if they lost those jobs, then most would get real jobs and actually contribute to the economy instead of being parasitical. They also would be held accountable if they were terrible workers or made too many mistakes. Bureaucrats who do those things get promoted, or so it seems.

Everything the govt touches turns to disaster largely because there are too many bureaucrats and too much red tape. And their #1 priority always is their taxpayer-funded job instead of anything that serves ordinary people.
Chipoople
historian said:

Oldbear83 said:

Oh yes there would be notice. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says 23.36 million people work in government.

Cut the government by a third and almost eight million people lose their jobs, and since they are government employees I doubt most of them would easily find productive work in real jobs.

Yes, they would notice immediately. However if they lost those jobs, then most would get real jobs and actually contribute to the economy instead of being parasitical.

I wish this were true, but the fact of the matter is that government jobs are where we hide unemployable but still working aged people.

Half of federal jobs are just punch in/out, collect a check and do nothing.
FLBear5630
Chipoople said:

historian said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yes, they would notice immediately. However if they lost those jobs, then most would get real jobs and actually contribute to the economy instead of being parasitical.

I wish this were true, but the fact of the matter is that government jobs are where we hide unemployable but still working aged people.

You guys really have no idea what you are talking about about. The vast majority of Fed workers are professionals in technical jobs, engineers, nurses, finance, etc would find jobs. You really want Musk, Bezos and Hedge Fund mgrs directing research and basically the National direction? You really think there should be no National direction on transportation, education, health natural resources, commerce etc? Every State for itself? You guys aren't Republicans, you are Whigs...
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
I wonder who penned that for Joe.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I wonder who penned that for Joe.

ChatGPT?
chriscbear
Dr. Jill is campaigning/speaking in NC right now. What a joke. The emperor has no clothes.
historian
Chipoople said:

historian said:

Oldbear83 said:

and that's why we can safely eliminate those jobs. There is no reason for the taxpayers to fund such inefficient stupidity. Let them find real jobs doing something meaningful even if it's less glamorous than staring at a computer screen all day.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
That's quite the endorsement...

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

That's quite the endorsement...

Typical Democrat mindset. At least Whoopi has the courage to verbalize her stupidity out loud.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
Listen to your elite media!

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Listen to your elite media!

Probably a good time to remind people that Joe Scarborough was an elected Republican in good standing with the party leadership and Donor class until Trump came along.

And that a lot of upper class Republicans would like us to get back to electing people of the character of Joe

Says a lot....
boognish_bear
Zuck...watch your back

boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Just a childhood stutter...

Jack Bauer
It's come to this...

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

It's come to this...

he isnt even close to what the average 81 year old is heath wise..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
ShooterTX
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

It's come to this...

he isnt even close to what the average 81 year old is heath wise..
My father is 83 and has far more energy & mental acuity than Biden... and that's without whatever drug cocktails they are pumping into Biden before every event!

Besides... isn't this the same Dr. Gupta that praised the necessity of masks, the jab and boosters for young healthy people? Why would ANYONE with half a brain listen to him?

And he was still saying this garbage in 2022... long after many knew that he was wrong.

Dr. Gupta is a good example of a very bad doctor, who practices politics more than medicine.
ShooterTX
historian
Jack Bauer said:

A rogue's gallery of misfits, incompetents, imbeciles, and crooks!
historian
A messy one!
historian
TypicL Leftist: blowing with the wind, incapable of an independent thought without direction from someone else.
Osodecentx
Hollywood turns on Joe

George Clooney: I Love Joe Biden. But We Need a New Nominee.
I love Joe Biden. As a senator. As a vice president and as president. I consider him a friend, and I believe in him. Believe in his character. Believe in his morals. In the last four years, he's won many of the battles he's faced.
But the one battle he cannot win is the fight against time. None of us can. It's devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe "big F-ing deal" Biden of 2010. He wasn't even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.
Was he tired? Yes. A cold? Maybe. But our party leaders need to stop telling us that 51 million people didn't see what we just saw. We're all so terrified by the prospect of a second Trump term that we've opted to ignore every warning sign. The George Stephanopoulos interview only reinforced what we saw the week before. As Democrats, we collectively hold our breath or turn down the volume whenever we see the president, whom we respect, walk off Air Force One or walk back to a mic to answer an unscripted question.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/10/opinion/joe-biden-democratic-nominee.html
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

actually, i plan on firing a team come november
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Osodecentx
Rob Reiner turns:
"My friend George Clooney has clearly expressed what many of us have been saying," Reiner wrote. "We love and respect Joe Biden. We acknowledge all he has done for our country. But Democracy is facing an existential threat. We need someone younger to fight back. Joe Biden must step aside."
historian
My grandmother lived to be 99 and was still lucid to the end. My Dad lived to 87 and was doing well until a few years before the end. No two people have the same experience. The difference is that most people when they have dementia withdraw from public life and the family helps them in every way. Think of Bruce Willis.

I feel somewhat sorry for Joe Biden is a victim of elder abuse, the ultimate example today. On the other hand, even before his mental decline (30-40 years ago!) he was corrupt & evil. And that's based on what we know. Who knows how many of his crimes were covered up more successfully, like the Clinton's & Obama's (& maybe the Bush's).
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 242

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.