437,244 Views | 8406 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by whitetrash
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
KaiBear
whiterock said:

boognish_bear said:

Those are two good choices. Shapiro will have problems because he's Jewish, which will inflame a major fault line in the Democrat Party - Israel/Hamas. Whatever benefit he brings in PA is offset by the damage he does in MI with the Arab vote there.

Jewish or not I am very content Shapiro is not the Dem machine 's choice for president .

As he would be very formidable.

Would be surprised if he accepted the VP spot though. As he has a bright future in Pennsylvania.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
That far right dude speaks with forked tongue. A lot. What an idiotic statement to try and pass his racism off as not racism.
Jack Bauer
I'm embarrassed for you for posting this.

Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Tell me you have not paid attention to the polls.
I'm not posting polls, just surprised to see so many polls within 36 hours of Biden withdrawing.
Harris secured the nomination (presumptive nominee) less than 24 hours ago.
boognish_bear
whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

"Challenges" = able to order from Starbucks via the phone app
boognish_bear
Trump needs to get RFK to drop out
boognish_bear
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4788574-trump-polls-harris-honeymoon-biden-2024/

Trump pollster predicts 'Harris honeymoon' in upcoming polls
The Trump campaign's pollster on Tuesday predicted Vice President Harris will see a polling boost in the coming weeks after she became the likely Democratic nominee, replacing President Biden, but they insisted the race for the White House is unchanged.

Tony Fabrizio said in a memo shared with reporters that there would be a "Harris Honeymoon" in public polling as she gets wall-to-wall coverage following the change atop the Democratic ticket.

"The coverage will be largely positive and will certainly energize Democrats and some other parts of their coalition at least in the short term," Fabrizio said.

"That means we will start to see public polling particularly national public polls where Harris is gaining on or even leading President Trump," he added.

Fabrizio acknowledged the election has entered "uncharted territory" as one major party candidate bows out less than four months from Election Day. He noted Trump received a polling bump in recent days following the assassination attempt against him and the Republican National Convention.

"Given what has happened over the past couple of days and her impending VP choice, there is no question that Harris will get her bump earlier than the Democrat's Convention," Fabrizio said. "And that bump is likely to start showing itself over the next few days and will last a while until the race settles back down."

Democrats will try to argue the polls show a changing contest, Fabrizio said, but "the fundamentals of the race stay the same." Polls had for months showed Trump leading Biden in several key battleground states.

"The Democrats deposing one Nominee for another does NOT change voters discontent over the economy, inflation, crime, the open border, housing costs not to mention concern over two foreign wars," he said. "Before long, Harris' 'honeymoon' will end and voters will refocus on her role as Biden's partner and co-pilot."

As Fabrizio predicted, a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Tuesday and conducted after Biden said he would not run for reelection showed Harris leading Trump nationally, 44 percent to 42 percent, within the 3-percentage-point margin of error.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted last week, prior to Biden's announcement, showed Harris and Trump tied at 44 percent each.

Battleground state polling of a Harris-Trump matchup has been limited. A New York Times/Siena College poll released earlier this month found Harris running slightly better than Biden in Pennsylvania and Virginia, both states Democrats need to win.
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

why using RV at the time period? If they dont switch to LV soon, its a junk poll
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

I'm not posting polls, just surprised to see so many polls within 36 hours of Biden withdrawing.
It's not as if no one has been talking about Biden leaving the race for at least a month now ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

It's not as if no one has been talking about Biden leaving the race for at least a month now ...

I agree, but it wasn't a given that she would be the nominee when Biden withdrew so pollsters were asking a hypothetical. Now they're polling voters about facts.
Osodecentx
NY Times

Harris Rallies Exuberant Wisconsin Crowd, Saying 'When We Fight, We Win'
Vice President Kamala Harris visited a key battleground state and quickly went on the offensive against former President Donald J. Trump, casting the race as a contest between a prosecutor and a felon.
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

why using RV at the time period? If they dont switch to LV soon, its a junk poll
It's heavy on Democrats, and admits to a 5.7% MOE for the Independents.

It also claims Trump only has 75% favorability among Republicans, and basically is out of line with every other poll for the last ten days.

Looks like garbage, a spin poll meant to push sentiment.
sombear
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

It's a reputable poll. Multiple other polls showing it tied. RNC internals showing same thing, and Trump's pollsters already saying it publicly. They knew polls would tighten, and they expect to fall behind at some point before bouncing back. Bottom line, they expect a battle.
sombear
One additional nugget that very much surprises me: Trump shooting and his strong response are no longer polling well. The public overwhelmingly was impressed with his bravery, fight, etc., but the entire incident seems to be reminding voters of the chaos they feared in another Trump administration. Don't shoot the messenger. This is straight from a Trump/RNC source.
J.R.
boognish_bear said:

RFK will Trump to go Eff himself.
boognish_bear
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

RFK will Trump to go Eff himself.

There were some reports a couple of days ago that RFK was angling for a position in Trump's cabinet then he would drop out
Jack Bauer

"walls don't work! But 8 foot chainlink fences do work!!"

boognish_bear
boognish_bear said:

whiterock
How does one lead with independents yet trail by 2 overall?
boognish_bear
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland
Jack Bauer said:

What a classic MAGA
whiterock
Aliceinbubbleland
I pay no attention to the polls until the week of election. I still recall the huge dissappointment after the failed Red Wave that polls assured me was coming that failed miserably.
Osodecentx
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Jack Bauer said:

What a classic MAGA

Given events in the Capitol the fence seems necessary
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Welp

boognish_bear

Oldbear83
For comparison, the June 25 NYT/Siena poll had Biden +19 in that age group. But down 4 points overall.
boognish_bear
https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/2021/04/08/confronting-2016-and-2020-polling-limitations/

The 2016 and 2020 elections raised questions about the state of public opinion polling. Some of the criticism was premature or overheated, considering that polling ultimately got key contours of the 2020 election correct (e.g., the Electoral College and national popular vote winner; Democrats taking control of the Senate). But the consistency with which most poll results differed from those election outcomes is undeniable. Looking at final estimates of the outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential race, 93% of national polls overstated the Democratic candidate's support among voters, while nearly as many (88%) did so in 2016.
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 241

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.