436,143 Views | 8386 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Osodecentx
curtpenn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KaiBear said:

Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

If the democrats win, they are going to pack the court.

1. Suspend the filibuster.
2. Pass legislation expanding the court from 9 to 12.

They have said as much and there are several dark money leftist foundations pushing this.
I think they will certainly attempt this, which is why it is so foolish for anyone to believe that 4-8 years of a Harris admin won't affect us much.

Such an incredibly naive view.

Harris is far more of a radical than Joe Biden.

Far more of a hater.

If Harris gets elected it's totally game over.

Or perhaps it's really game on.
whiterock
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

More bad fundamentals for Democrats

Women will vote their 'feelings'.

Period
true. and whether or not they're employed, or their husband is employed, or their kids are employed....affect their feelings.

whiterock
sombear said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.
Eh, he hates Trump more than he loves America.

I hate Trump because I love America. We're better than him. He's everything I was raised not to be and that I raise my boys not to be.
You're a smart poster, and we probably agree 95% of the time, but your logic here is truly baffling.

I am a dad of three boys, and I likewise raised my boys to be good and decent men. In that regard, there isn't a single president in their lifetimes that I've held up as role models or someone to emulate. To the contrary, every single one of them had significant character flaws.

The real questions you should be asking yourself is this: Will a Kamala presidency be better for my boys? Will her decisions and policies be better for their futures?

My answers to these questions is why I believe that as a conservative, the only ethical and moral vote is Trump. And I say that as someone who agrees with you on Trump. It galls me that he is the only viable option for me and my family.
Here's the thing. I totally get your position. Heck, it was my position in '16 and '20. It remains the position of my parents and my sister, my wife, her parents and brothers, and our two sons (though one is waffling). My daughter and I are all alone in Now Never Trump Land . . . but I could no longer look her or my sons in the eye and justify Trump support.

And it's all a matter of degree. It's a balancing of Trump's lack of character with short and long term consequences of the Dems winning in '24. In my and my daughter's view, that balance now militates against Trump. I can no longer support him and truly believe we'll be better off in the long run if we wash our hands now - rip the band aid off.

You say there's not a single President . . . . But I have a different standard. I obviously don't expect perfection or near perfection. Or a choir boy. Just a basic level of decency. I think other than Trump only one or two candidates in my lifetime (I'm 55) fail that test.

I became interested in politics late in college because I was appalled that a draft-dodging, philandering, lying Slick Willy could beat Bush Sr, a war hero, family man, with character.

And some of it I understand was probably wishful thinking, but I always considered the GOP as the party who took character seriously. Who stood for traditional Judeo Christian values and what is good and right. Trump has completely taken that away.

Nah, "can't look them in the eyes" is just BS thinking imo. Sorry to be blunt, you're a great poster. You're just making an emotional response to not liking Trump and trying to "hyper-spiritualize" your vote.

You live in a secular society. As Christians we're not going to always get candidates we like. If we have to vote for Christian men or women only, we may be sitting out all elections. That'd be bad for us and society. And the vote is not an endorsement of everything about an individual. You are pretending that it is, but you KNOW it is not. Likewise we make consumer transactions in our society, not everyone of them is with great companies... or politicians if we're talking voting. Christians are called to be good stewards with things, your vote is one of those things. If Trump had done a bad or immoral job as president, you'd be somewhat justified, but the objective reality is that Trump was a very effective president. But that's not enough for those like you that falsely make your vote a sacrament. It's not, it's just a vote for best path forward given two options. The vote is clear, thankfully there are Christians who don't abdicate the privilege of voting.

Now, you've backed yourself up into a corner and youre stuck because you can't back down at this point. So you'll waste your vote on legalistic and false premises.

All fair points. No doubt some of it is emotional. But "look into it my daughter's eyes" isn't just figurative. She's my pride and joy, and she really has asked me about my support for Trump several times going way back to his "grab them by the P" line - when she was at Baylor. And she's also said something to the effect of "dad he represents everything you're not." I admit that has affected me.
My daughter called me last weekend to complain about the recent stories of Vance's "childless cat lady" comments, since she is a childless cat lady. I explained to her calmly and rationally that he wasn't talking about her, and she knew that. I then told her to sack up - the most important thing to remember in politics is to recognize when your opponent is trying to get you mad or ashamed and to throw it right back at them. The world of feelings is the realm of leftists and losers. They're just trying to drag you there, which of course requires you to quit thinking and start supporting policies that do great harm to everyone.

Collectivism is the greatest evil of mankind. If it is not resisted, it will crush humanity, one human being at a time. It must be fought, with rusty knives and slingshots if necessary, whether it's fun or not, whether your allies are Reagan, Thatcher, Churchill......or Stalin.

Sack up, dad. You owe it to her to Fight! Fight!! FIGHT!!! even if she doesn't understand. Even if she hates you for it.

(I forgot to reminder that, technically, she is not a childless cat lady, since the cat is actually staying with us here at the farm due to transport complications. My wife and each go to the guest house and let that cat sit in our lap for a few minutes each day, to keep it from going bonkers. The things we do for your kids......)

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

sombear said:

sombear said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Whiskey Pete said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

MT_Bear said:

historian said:

Yes, Trump is weak & a coward! Here is those characteristics on display recently:

He's a whiny ***** that some one here claim has "guts" because he found the bravery to answer some journalists' questions. He's a coward who ducked the military with bone spurs. He's a snowflake who can't take the tiniest criticism without having a full-on meltdown.

You want to vote for him, do so. I support you. But this worshipping of a man with absolute dog**** for character isn't the example we should be setting for our kids.
You're on a roll, and I love it. Truth. And now that he sees he's losing (again) it will only get worse.
MT's absolutely correct. But what you NT's fail to see is the forest through the trees.

What's your alternative, if you are an actual conservative? Stand on "principle," which will lead to 4, and potentially 8 years of a Harris admin? 8 years of disastrous policies? Losing the Supreme Court? Foreign wars, and potentially war with Russia? Open borders? Racking up trillions in debt? 4 to 8 years of woke social policies? Legislation mandating the right to an abortion?

Can't stand Trump. But when the alternative for conservatives is to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger, I'll take DT every time.
Eh, he hates Trump more than he loves America.

I hate Trump because I love America. We're better than him. He's everything I was raised not to be and that I raise my boys not to be.
You're a smart poster, and we probably agree 95% of the time, but your logic here is truly baffling.

I am a dad of three boys, and I likewise raised my boys to be good and decent men. In that regard, there isn't a single president in their lifetimes that I've held up as role models or someone to emulate. To the contrary, every single one of them had significant character flaws.

The real questions you should be asking yourself is this: Will a Kamala presidency be better for my boys? Will her decisions and policies be better for their futures?

My answers to these questions is why I believe that as a conservative, the only ethical and moral vote is Trump. And I say that as someone who agrees with you on Trump. It galls me that he is the only viable option for me and my family.
Here's the thing. I totally get your position. Heck, it was my position in '16 and '20. It remains the position of my parents and my sister, my wife, her parents and brothers, and our two sons (though one is waffling). My daughter and I are all alone in Now Never Trump Land . . . but I could no longer look her or my sons in the eye and justify Trump support.

And it's all a matter of degree. It's a balancing of Trump's lack of character with short and long term consequences of the Dems winning in '24. In my and my daughter's view, that balance now militates against Trump. I can no longer support him and truly believe we'll be better off in the long run if we wash our hands now - rip the band aid off.

You say there's not a single President . . . . But I have a different standard. I obviously don't expect perfection or near perfection. Or a choir boy. Just a basic level of decency. I think other than Trump only one or two candidates in my lifetime (I'm 55) fail that test.

I became interested in politics late in college because I was appalled that a draft-dodging, philandering, lying Slick Willy could beat Bush Sr, a war hero, family man, with character.

And some of it I understand was probably wishful thinking, but I always considered the GOP as the party who took character seriously. Who stood for traditional Judeo Christian values and what is good and right. Trump has completely taken that away.

Nah, "can't look them in the eyes" is just BS thinking imo. Sorry to be blunt, you're a great poster. You're just making an emotional response to not liking Trump and trying to "hyper-spiritualize" your vote.

You live in a secular society. As Christians we're not going to always get candidates we like. If we have to vote for Christian men or women only, we may be sitting out all elections. That'd be bad for us and society. And the vote is not an endorsement of everything about an individual. You are pretending that it is, but you KNOW it is not. Likewise we make consumer transactions in our society, not everyone of them is with great companies... or politicians if we're talking voting. Christians are called to be good stewards with things, your vote is one of those things. If Trump had done a bad or immoral job as president, you'd be somewhat justified, but the objective reality is that Trump was a very effective president. But that's not enough for those like you that falsely make your vote a sacrament. It's not, it's just a vote for best path forward given two options. The vote is clear, thankfully there are Christians who don't abdicate the privilege of voting.

Now, you've backed yourself up into a corner and youre stuck because you can't back down at this point. So you'll waste your vote on legalistic and false premises.

All fair points. No doubt some of it is emotional. But "look into it my daughter's eyes" isn't just figurative. She's my pride and joy, and she really has asked me about my support for Trump several times going way back to his "grab them by the P" line - when she was at Baylor. And she's also said something to the effect of "dad he represents everything you're not." I admit that has affected me.
My daughter called me last weekend to complain about the recent stories of Vance's "childless cat lady" comments, since she is a childless cat lady. I explained to her calmly and rationally that he wasn't talking about her, and she knew that. I then told her to sack up - the most important thing to remember in politics is to recognize when your opponent is trying to get you mad or ashamed and to throw it right back at them. The world of feelings is the realm of leftists and losers. They're just trying to drag you there, which of course requires you to quit thinking and start supporting policies that do great harm to everyone.

Collectivism is the greatest evil of mankind. If it is not resisted, it will crush humanity, one human being at a time. It must be fought, with rusty knives and slingshots if necessary, whether it's fun or not, whether your allies are Reagan, Thatcher, Churchill......or Stalin.

Sack up, dad. You owe it to her to Fight! Fight!! FIGHT!!! even if she doesn't understand. Even if she hates you for it.

(I forgot to reminder that, technically, she is not a childless cat lady, since the cat is actually staying with us here at the farm due to transport complications. My wife and each go to the guest house and let that cat sit in our lap for a few minutes each day, to keep it from going bonkers. The things we do for your kids......)

So she is voting Trump now...
FLBear5630
curtpenn said:

KaiBear said:

Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

They have said as much and there are several dark money leftist foundations pushing this.
I think they will certainly attempt this, which is why it is so foolish for anyone to believe that 4-8 years of a Harris admin won't affect us much.

Far more of a hater.

It is definetley game on. Dems are on the offensive and making progress. Up in farm country of Wisconsin this weekend. These signs are all over showing Epstein and Trump saying Please Remember. This is rural WIsconsin, not the City it is making an impact. It is definitely game on and Trump better get his head out his ass.

KaiBear
curtpenn said:

KaiBear said:

Mothra said:

Realitybites said:

Far more of a hater.

If you wish for the Supreme Court to be fundamentally compromised.

Borders to remain open to millions of unvetted illegals every year.

The possibly of World War 3 to increase while the combat readiness of our military continues to decrease.

If you wish for our currency to continue to decrease in value while income taxes go up dramatically.

Yes, it could certainly be 'game on' for many.
Aliceinbubbleland
How do you refute GOP falling in line with Trump's request to veto Biden's proposed border policy? It is comical to hear protect the border when they failed to support even the slightest effort to do so.

The GOP had backed Biden into a corner with the border issue and then blew it when they simply could have agreed and said, like every insincere Congressional statement, that it didn't solve the problem but it was a compromise until improvement.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
whitetrash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

How do you refute GOP falling in line with Trump's request to veto Biden's proposed border policy? It is comical to hear protect the border when they failed to support even the slightest effort to do so.

The GOP had backed Biden into a corner with the border issue and then blew it when they simply could have agreed and said, like every insincere Congressional statement, that it didn't solve the problem but it was a compromise until improvement.

Umm…because it was the border equivalent of Neville Chamberlain's guarantee of peace in our time?
KaiBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Joe Biden has enacted several executive orders that has worsened the border crisis.

He has willfully failed to enforce existing immigration laws.

To the tune of MILLIONS of illegals now in the country.

He should have been impeached as the result of a BIPARTISAN effort for crimes against the citizens of the United States.

But you be you.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

47, why does the admin keep adjusting those job numbers down? Usually months after they were publicly announced as awesome, they quietly adjust them down.
New data
But the total is 15 million new jobs; that is, through all of the up and downs month over month
given to mostly part time and foreign.

American citizen jobs and full time jobs are down but yay for your selective data
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
GrowlTowel
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Easy. It wasn't a border bill. It was an Ukraine funding bill.

Not a single rational person believes otherwise.
Osodecentx

Osodecentx said:

The_barBEARian said:

boognish_bear said:

That has got to make Shapiro pretty tempting...

The problem with Shapiro is that he's an Israeli agent and the core democrat base will turn on them if they install a hardcore pro-Zionist VP

The party of haters. They hate Trump more than they hate jews. Won't lose any votes, it's the smart play.

Did you read his post? He said the governor or Pennsylvania is an Israeli agent
You take him seriously?

I did not care one way way or the other. Just responding to the idea that several have expressed here that him being a jew will lose votes. That may normally be the case, but Progressives hate Trump more..

As for him being an agent, it's weird that you're so adamant that he's not. Pretty common for foreign countries to pay politicians for information or consideration. He volunteered to serve, has significant Jewish backing, and is pro Israeli. I have no idea if he is or isn't, but certainly wouldn't rule anything out. Politicians are regularly for sale. That's how they get the funds to get elected.

Your lips to Trump's ears. Independents love that argument as much as the Kamala isn't Black argument
Osodecentx
KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Joe Biden has enacted several executive orders that has worsened the border crisis.

He should have been impeached as the result of a BIPARTISAN effort for crimes against the citizens of the United States.

But you be you.

Y'all impeach Biden and then find a jurisdiction to indict him before November
KaiBear
Osodecentx said:

KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

But you be you.

Far too late at this point.

A bipartisan effort should have begun 2 years ago when the midnight transportation flights of illegals become public.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

But you be you.

A bipartisan effort should have begun 2 years ago when the midnight transportation flights of illegals become public.

There was a committee that wasted years and never turned up anything they were willing to bring forward.

Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
Would actually be kind of funny if both of these things happened

Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

KaiBear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

But you be you.

There was a committee that wasted years and never turned up anything they were willing to bring forward.

Well sure

The GOP (who answers to its donor class) loves cheap semi-labor as much as the Democrats.

I'm sure many of their donors were fighting to get those planes to land in their cities

That sweet sweet cheap labor
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
I feel like this election is going to be more man vs woman than black vs white.

I love how the white reporter puts on the Air Jordan shirt to keep it real.

boognish_bear
Oldbear83
Sometimes I wish there was a way to set up Trump's account so he sees his posts but no one else did.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Osodecentx
Trump backs out of ABC debate, says he will only debate Harris on Fox

"I'll see her September 4th, or I won't see her at all," Trump posted on his social network.

This is what Trump is up against. "Jesus Can't Swim"
Headlines
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

"I'll see her September 4th, or I won't see her at all," Trump posted on his social network.

Headlines

did Trump agree to debate Harris on ABC and back out or was it Biden vs Trump? Honest questiom
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Headlines

did Trump agree to debate Harris on ABC and back out or was it Biden vs Trump? Honest questiom

His original agreement was with Biden
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Trump stirring it up today

historian
For illegal aliens. How many for Americans?
Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear said:

I remember a hair-on-fire poster who use to frequent this site daily by the name Milli Vanili or close to it. What a lightening rod. Sort of like the Liberty, TX shower guy Bear something handle lol.
Astros in Home Stretch Geaux Texans
sombear
boognish_bear said:

Trump stirring it up today

Stirring it up . . . i.e., ensuring another loss in GA.

Trump is such an idiot loser.

Picking a fight with a popular governor in a swing state where he needs suburban votes.
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Headlines

My post concerned the treatment by the media, not the veracity of the headline

Jesus can't swim
boognish_bear
The guy can't get out of his own way

boognish_bear
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.