435,527 Views | 8382 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by KaiBear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

yes, he cant attack women like he can men. If he would stick to policy, he would win popular vote.

He may not win at all now..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

boognish_bear said:

yes, he cant attack women like he can men. If he would stick to policy, he would win popular vote.

He may not win at all now..
We are on the same page on this subject. I cannot believe how he has acted since Biden withdrew...
Oldbear83
"He may not win at all now.."

Look, Trump did a stupid, but he is leading in every EV tally right now

I hate Trump being stupid, but you don't need to be stupid in response.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
historian
Good point
historian
The fascists have had it in for RFK ever since he declared his candidacy, if not earlier. It is a very strange story and further indication that he's not someone to vote for but whatever crime he might have committed was likely too long ago to prosecute. What is the crime and what is the statute of limitations. Also, did this really happen or was he just pulling Roseanne's chain?
historian
Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

RFK tells Rosanne a story about putting a dead bear in his van and staging a prank with it...

Dude was never a serious candidate.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is coming out due to threats from the NY Post to release this because polls are showing he is taking away more votes from Trump.
Well...this is turning into a weird one...

LOL. Oh boy. Political prosecutions are now a thing in this country.

True to form for the fascists / communists: abusing their legal system to persecute one's enemies. It's grotesque and evil but so is almost everything the fascists say & do.
4th and Inches
Oldbear83 said:

when my normal sources are telling me to be concerned, I am concerned. It is a 50/50 right now, he needs to let his campaign ads go to work and for him to keep quiet.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
historian
It's more complicated than that. The president should not have that much power over the economy or anything else but, sadly they often do. Regarding the economy, the president has huge power if he can get his policies passed. Congress can cooperate or hinder depending on their mood and willingness to act. Unfortunately, Congress is often unreliable. They often don't want to do their jobs and her happy to let the executive do it for them. Less accountability that way.

The economy was in bad shape during much of Trump's term but that was largely because of covid. He certainly added to the troubles with some of his policies, especially insane spending, but the economy was doing much better by the time he left office.
historian
RINO Romney. He's completely unreliable and a terrible politician. We will all be better off if he were out of power permanently. I would much rather see another Mike Lee from Utah than that guy.
historian
4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

when my normal sources are telling me to be concerned, I am concerned. It is a 50/50 right now, he needs to let his campaign ads go to work and for him to keep quiet.

Good advice Trump is unlikely to follow. He's still too much a narcissist.
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

Oldbear83 said:

Out of curiosity, what are your "normal sources"?

Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Benson hasn't been a Trump supporter since before Trump's first term. He's a Never Trumper who sometimes attacks the Left as well as Trump, but he's hardly a bellwether for public mood.

That said, sure wish Trump would lay off the tweets in between rallies.
Benson is not a Never Trumper.

Attacking fellow Republicans is stupid. It is going to cost him votes, period.

I've already given up on Trump. But there are millions of voters who are giving him another look for a host of reasons. A good chunk of those have closed the door again based on Trump's idiocy the last couple weeks.

Anyone who dares to critique Trump is called a Never Trumper. It is meant as an insult but should be embraced as patriotic

Nah. I'd define a NT as someone on record as saying they'd never even consider voting for Trump, regardless of his opponent, and actively doing things to ensure he - and even those politicians who support him - won't win, such as supporting and/or voting for the Democrat rival. I've critiqued Trump plenty but as a pragmatist understand there is a far greater evil on the other side.

As for whether the NTs are patriotic, I suspect most are old guard neoconservatives who don't like the populist bent Trump has brought to the party, nor the non-interventionism he espouses. They're more pouty children than anything, foolish enough to believe 4-8 years of the most liberal president we'll ever see is actually better than Trump - bless their hearts.

Hey, you change your principles to match the party

Courageous

IDK, is it more "principled" to vote in a way that says I prefer four to eight years of the most liberal policies the U.S. has ever seen? Is it more principled to vote in a way that will create a more dangerous and hostile world for my children? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures repeated attacks and attempts to subvert the supreme court's conservative majority? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures sieves at the border? Is it more principled to vote in a way that leads to foreign wars and interventionism? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures woke policies throughout our govt and military? And is it more principled to vote in a way that may ensure abortion once again becomes the law of the land?

Or is it more principled to vote for a candidate who you don't agree with on some issues and in his personal life, but whose policies will be far better or at the very least do far less damage to the country my children will have to life in?

If you believe it's the former, then yes I guess a recalcitrant individual might view me an unprincipled sellout. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't think I've ever agreed with every candidate I've supported on every single issue. DT is no different. But for the sake of my children, I'd rather be a pragmatist than a short sighted fool.

Flexible principles, nothing else
you get to A - "change your principles to match party" aka vote for the party that still aligns with your policy choices, B- switch parties, C- do the moral high ground and let everyone else decide who is in change for you.

C
boognish_bear
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Benson hasn't been a Trump supporter since before Trump's first term. He's a Never Trumper who sometimes attacks the Left as well as Trump, but he's hardly a bellwether for public mood.

I've already given up on Trump. But there are millions of voters who are giving him another look for a host of reasons. A good chunk of those have closed the door again based on Trump's idiocy the last couple weeks.

Anyone who dares to critique Trump is called a Never Trumper. It is meant as an insult but should be embraced as patriotic

Nah. I'd define a NT as someone on record as saying they'd never even consider voting for Trump, regardless of his opponent, and actively doing things to ensure he - and even those politicians who support him - won't win, such as supporting and/or voting for the Democrat rival. I've critiqued Trump plenty but as a pragmatist understand there is a far greater evil on the other side.

As for whether the NTs are patriotic, I suspect most are old guard neoconservatives who don't like the populist bent Trump has brought to the party, nor the non-interventionism he espouses. They're more pouty children than anything, foolish enough to believe 4-8 years of the most liberal president we'll ever see is actually better than Trump - bless their hearts.

Courageous

IDK, is it more "principled" to vote in a way that says I prefer four to eight years of the most liberal policies the U.S. has ever seen? Is it more principled to vote in a way that will create a more dangerous and hostile world for my children? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures repeated attacks and attempts to subvert the supreme court's conservative majority? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures sieves at the border? Is it more principled to vote in a way that leads to foreign wars and interventionism? Is it more principled to vote in a way that ensures woke policies throughout our govt and military? And is it more principled to vote in a way that may ensure abortion once again becomes the law of the land?

Or is it more principled to vote for a candidate who you don't agree with on some issues and in his personal life, but whose policies will be far better or at the very least do far less damage to the country my children will have to life in?

If you believe it's the former, then yes I guess a recalcitrant individual might view me an unprincipled sellout. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't think I've ever agreed with every candidate I've supported on every single issue. DT is no different. But for the sake of my children, I'd rather be a pragmatist than a short sighted fool.

Coming from the conservative who prefers Kamala Harris to Trump and gives money to Democrat candidates, you're one to talk. You're about as flexible as they come.

I prefer "none of the above "

You change your principles to conform to the party. I'll sit this out
You're handing it to Harris and strutting around bragging about being conservative? Good job
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Courageous

you get to A - "change your principles to match party" aka vote for the party that still aligns with your policy choices, B- switch parties, C- do the moral high ground and let everyone else decide who is in change for you.

C
you do you
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

historian said:

It's only more principled to vote for the Dem if one is a Leftist / commie / fascist who wants to see America decline further. I've never heard that position described as patriotic or loyal. It's amazing how far done people will go because of TDS.
Well, the poster in question has admitted on these boards he actually funded and voted for Democrat candidates in Texas in 2022 due to Republicans' support of Trump, one of whom wanted universal access to abortions on the govt. dime.

I mean, when you're so motivated by your hatred of a candidate that you would financially support candidates who support such evil and heinous policy, you've lost the right to call anyone else unprincipled.

Not true. Name the Democrat in Texas I sent money
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

historian said:

It's only more principled to vote for the Dem if one is a Leftist / commie / fascist who wants to see America decline further. I've never heard that position described as patriotic or loyal. It's amazing how far done people will go because of TDS.
Well, the poster in question has admitted on these boards he actually funded and voted for Democrat candidates in Texas in 2022 due to Republicans' support of Trump, one of whom wanted universal access to abortions on the govt. dime.

I mean, when you're so motivated by your hatred of a candidate that you would financially support candidates who support such evil and heinous policy, you've lost the right to call anyone else unprincipled.

So your vote does not matter?
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Trump now quadrupling down on Kemp BS and saying he intentionally rigged election against Trump, and that's why Kemp did so well and Trump and Walker didn't.

Trump has and will do more damage to our cause than any Dem can in 4 years.

I'll be voting Dem for the first time in my life.
Typical Trump bull****, no question. But that's the comment that pushed you over the edge to voting Democrat? I mean, this is the kind of bull**** he always says.

With all due respect, you've lost your marbles. Only a fool of a conservative who has watched the ineptness of the last 4 years would believe Harris will do less damage to the country than Trump. Listen to your wife and sons, and pull your head out of your ass.

I pray they can talk some sense to you.
you can't reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into.

I like sombear and I think he's a smart poster and good contributor to this board, but with all due respect to him, anyone who will vote for Kamala Harris is not truly a conservative.
if you dont want to vote for Trump.. dont vote. Voting for Harris is a step too far

Agreed
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Courageous

Coming from the conservative who prefers Kamala Harris to Trump and gives money to Democrat candidates, you're one to talk. You're about as flexible as they come.

I prefer "none of the above "

You change your principles to conform to the party. I'll sit this out
You're handing it to Harris and strutting around bragging about being conservative? Good job
Meh. Distinction without a difference.

What principles have I changed? Do you think I am fully on-board with everything Trump says or does, simply because I am voting for him? If so, you're not paying attention.

I am handing it to Kamala by voting for Trump as between her and Trump? LOL.

You have an inability to make cogent or logical arguments..
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Trump now quadrupling down on Kemp BS and saying he intentionally rigged election against Trump, and that's why Kemp did so well and Trump and Walker didn't.

Typical Trump bull****, no question. But that's the comment that pushed you over the edge to voting Democrat? I mean, this is the kind of bull**** he always says.

With all due respect, you've lost your marbles. Only a fool of a conservative who has watched the ineptness of the last 4 years would believe Harris will do less damage to the country than Trump. Listen to your wife and sons, and pull your head out of your ass.

I like sombear and I think he's a smart poster and good contributor to this board, but with all due respect to him, anyone who will vote for Kamala Harris is not truly a conservative.
if you dont want to vote for Trump.. dont vote. Voting for Harris is a step too far

Agreed
So you're no longer voting Dem and financially supporting Dem candidates? Interesting. What changed?
Oldbear83
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Agreed
So you're no longer voting Dem and financially supporting Dem candidates? Interesting. What changed?
From his post, I think Oso is saying he has voted for Democrats but did not pay them money.

Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

sombear said:

Agreed

To which Dem have I donated?
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

historian said:

If you say so. I recall you saying you were giving money to the Dems Cheney supported. Perhaps they were not Texas Dems, or perhaps you ultimately decided against it. I guess, you simply voted for them, including a pro-abortion on demand candidate.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

historian said:

If you say so. I recall you saying you were giving money to the Dems Cheney supported. Perhaps they were not Texas Dems, or perhaps you ultimately decided against it. I guess, you simply voted for them, including a pro-abortion on demand candidate.

Weak
You got nothing
Understandable
Doc Holliday
Even if Trump wins it sounds like democrats have a plan to keep him from being POTUS.

Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Even if Trump wins it sounds like democrats have a plan to keep him from being POTUS.

Not what he said.
If Trump loses election, he thinks there will be civil war type conditions because Trump supporters won't accept results
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not what he said.
If Trump loses election, he thinks there will be civil war type conditions because Trump supporters won't accept results
yep, cause that is what happened when Trunp lost previously.. or when Trump was indicted, or when Trump was shot at..

Dems riot and cause civil war type conditions. GOP get in their vehicles and go to work.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
boognish_bear said:

a lot of catterwalling and handwringing.....but those movements are all within margin of error. (and that's before we get to the issue of media polling to make rather than report news.

The fundamentals of the race not only have not changed, they have deteriorated, as yesterday's stock market indicates.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

historian said:

Weak
You got nothing
Understandable
And yet, you've failed to refute anything I've said.

1) Do you deny you said you were financially supporting the candidates Liz Cheney threw her support behind?

2) Do you deny you said you voted for the Democrat AG candidate?

3) Do you deny you said you voted for the Democrat RR Commissioner?
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

boognish_bear said:

a lot of catterwalling and handwringing.....but those movements are all within margin of error. (and that's before we get to the issue of media polling to make rather than report news.

The fundamentals of the race not only have not changed, they have deteriorated, as yesterday's stock market indicates.
Data is only an indicator, saying that trend is within the Margin of Error does not make the trend less valid.

Trump is in a good position, only if Trump STOPS with the unforced errors. He is his own worst enemy. This is a General Election, he has his base. His base is not going to win him the election, only getting him in striking distance. He needs those Independents and Moderates, since the Vance selection he seems to have forgotten that.

His team appears to have started making some adjustments, that is promising. Three things I have noticed...

1 - They are starting to roll out Vance's wife more than Vance, which is good. She is more articulate and has a story that resonates with the needed voters. She needs more time in the media.

2 - Supposedly, he is going to be airing more Ads documenting policy and the economy.

3 - They are interviewing Trump, not letting him just rail, the interview where he actually complements, AOC on having a "spark", "knowing who she is" and "being effective" actually played well it was on all the news stations this morning and they didn't know how to deal with it because he complemented her.

Those are the things that help him in the middle and left. He needs to stay away from angry Trump...

Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not what he said.
He said if Congress decides to disqualify him on J6 2025 then it will lead to civil war.

Only democrats would disqualify him.

Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

historian said:

Weak
You got nothing
Understandable
And yet, you've failed to refute anything I've said.

1) Do you deny you said you were financially supporting the candidates Liz Cheney threw her support behind?

2) Do you deny you said you voted for the Democrat AG candidate?

3) Do you deny you said you voted for the Democrat RR Commissioner?

I gave money to Republican Liz Cheney. Never financially supported any Democrat, unlike you who admit s supporting Democrat

Did not vote for Dem RR Commissioner, but did vote against crooked Ken Paxton

You voted for Dems Why can't others do the same?

You are a pragmatic voter & that pragmatism is more important to you than principle
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Not what he said.
He said if Congress decides to disqualify him on J6 2025 then it will lead to civil war.

Only democrats would disqualify him.

Wouldn't Trump be disqualified if he has less than 270 EV? Trump supporters claim Jan was "only" a riot, a riot of MAGA supporters
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.