433,118 Views | 8365 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Malbec said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

Takes at least 3 days of data to get a good poll to measure a specific event, like a convention, or a shooting of a candidate, or a major endorsement.

So the flaw one could easily theorize to find in his conclusion above would be that the polls he's aggregating contain several days of convention bounce, but only ONE day of RFKJR endorsement bounce. That's on top of the fact that very few pollsters have done more than one poll in the last couple of weeks.

If you want to know how the convention vs RFKjr endorsement played out, wait for polls published on Wednesday. That gives Sat/Sun/Mon to collect data, Tues to analyze and review, Wed to publish.
This is correct.

One word of caution for Trump voters though. There is a reason Trump's pollsters distributed press releases to every media outlet in the country yesterday saying to expect a solid Harris lead for a while. Their mid-convention and post-Harris speech polling was abysmal. Of course, this was expected to a certain extent, but they were a bit taken aback.

Yes, the internal polling has them greatly concerned. I know Georgia went from heavy lean to contested.

This is a **** election. When I read stuff like the attached article from guys like Gen McMasters it really puts me in a quandary. McMasters is an honorable, competent man. His account is balanced, unlike Bolton, which adds to credibility. No good choices. I can only hope McMasters or someone like him agrees to serve again. We need competent men at the NSA and Pentagon.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/25/politics/mcmaster-trump-book-account/index.html
Some will wait until the election is done to let it be known if they are available.

I agree with McMasters Trump does not need yes men. He needs adults to keep him on track.
It's McMaster. No "s" on the end.

He needs to quit flipping on his politics. Abortion, GA Gov and crypto come to mind. But he will say anything to win which should bother his followers
Sorry... The "s" just rolls, I will refrain.
4th and Inches

Pass me a magnifying glass, still looking for the post DNC bump

FYI morning consult was nearly 5 off in 2020

Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Malbec
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Malbec said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

Takes at least 3 days of data to get a good poll to measure a specific event, like a convention, or a shooting of a candidate, or a major endorsement.

So the flaw one could easily theorize to find in his conclusion above would be that the polls he's aggregating contain several days of convention bounce, but only ONE day of RFKJR endorsement bounce. That's on top of the fact that very few pollsters have done more than one poll in the last couple of weeks.

If you want to know how the convention vs RFKjr endorsement played out, wait for polls published on Wednesday. That gives Sat/Sun/Mon to collect data, Tues to analyze and review, Wed to publish.
This is correct.

One word of caution for Trump voters though. There is a reason Trump's pollsters distributed press releases to every media outlet in the country yesterday saying to expect a solid Harris lead for a while. Their mid-convention and post-Harris speech polling was abysmal. Of course, this was expected to a certain extent, but they were a bit taken aback.

Yes, the internal polling has them greatly concerned. I know Georgia went from heavy lean to contested.

This is a **** election. When I read stuff like the attached article from guys like Gen McMasters it really puts me in a quandary. McMasters is an honorable, competent man. His account is balanced, unlike Bolton, which adds to credibility. No good choices. I can only hope McMasters or someone like him agrees to serve again. We need competent men at the NSA and Pentagon.

Some will wait until the election is done to let it be known if they are available.

I agree with McMasters Trump does not need yes men. He needs adults to keep him on track.

He needs to quit flipping on his politics. Abortion, GA Gov and crypto come to mind. But he will say anything to win which should bother his followers
Was this meant for me? I was only offering FLBear a friendly spelling correction on H.R. McMaster's name.
Aliceinbubbleland
Sorry. No one in particular. I was just lamenting his flip and posting came to mind.
Osodecentx
Malbec said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Malbec said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

This is correct.

Was this meant for me? I was only offering FLBear a friendly spelling correction on H.R. McMaster's name.

You just misspelled McMasters' name. ( just a friendly correction
Malbec
Osodecentx said:

Malbec said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Malbec said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

This is correct.

Nope.
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

Malbec said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Malbec said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

ATL Bear said:

sombear said:

whiterock said:

This is correct.

Was taken that way...
Redbrickbear
historian
Texas cleaned up voter rolls:

https://notthebee.com/article/greg-abbott-announces-that-texas-cleaned-up-their-voter-rolls-and-removed-get-this-1-million-ineligible-voters
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
historian
Except FascistBook still censors people for speaking truth instead of woke lies.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
Trump has released another series of trading cards

FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...
boognish_bear
FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...

Nope....he's selling trading cards, shoes, and Bibles.
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...

And this is our best shot... Not only that, people are fanatical about him.

4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
boognish_bear
Bestweekeverr
boognish_bear said:

Ah yes the trusted Fox News network that *checks notes* knowingly lied to its audience about Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell's fake Dominion voting machine claims because they were losing viewers to NewsMax and OAN.
Jack Bauer
Osodecentx
boognish_bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...

More sheep need shearing, leave no fleece behind
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

boognish_bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...

Better trading cards than classified documents to China and Russia a la The Biden Crime Family.
boognish_bear
KaiBear
Jack Bauer said:

Resting in the middle of nowhere.
Otherwise known as Little America, Wyoming

Had a chance to listen to Kennedy's running mate again.

This lady might be the smartest , most articulate candidate for national office of anyone running.

Trump needs to get her out in front of his campaign as much as possible.
Osodecentx
Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

boognish_bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

This is a joke, right...

Better trading cards than classified documents to China and Russia a la The Biden Crime Family.

Send Trump your money
Jack Bauer
Bringing your Dad along to your interview..

BusyTarpDuster2017
Bestweekeverr said:

boognish_bear said:

Ah yes the trusted Fox News network that *checks notes* knowingly lied to its audience about Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell's fake Dominion voting machine claims because they were losing viewers to NewsMax and OAN.
Yeah, they should be more like the liberal networks who told us Biden was in the best shape they'd ever seen, and who constantly peddled the lies of BLM, Russian collusion, Hunter's laptop, Covington kids, "good people on both sides", "Kamala was never the border czar", illegal migrants being whipped by Border Patrol, "kids in cages", Covid lab leak is a conspiracy theory, etc and that's just a sample, we can go on and on.....
EatMoreSalmon
boognish_bear said:

The only thing on these boards more controversial than politics… Baylor football

Or Foster camera angles.
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer
Politico doesnt understand the executive branch

ATL Bear
boognish_bear said:

Maybe they were right. "Weird" fits.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

boognish_bear said:

Maybe they were right. "Weird" fits.
this is the least weird thing any politician has done recently.

The bible was weird.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 240

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.