431,700 Views | 8354 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best outcome is Trump wins and Democrats hold Senate. If Harris wins and GOP controls both houses that would be acceptable

MAGA hasn't campaigned much to win Congress. They seem more intent on Taylor Swift and cats.

If we have a repeat of 2018 you can expect Supreme Court shakeup.
Oldbear83
I continue to be amused by how many people don't read much more than the headline.

Of course, these are also usually people who think polls count as real news ...
sombear
Oldbear83 said:

I continue to be amused by how many people don't read much more than the headline.

I read all publicly available polling data, including tabs.

I often get some internals, but it's been a while.

It is indisputable that Harris has improved her position since the debate.

The only question is whether it is sustainable.
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

ok, all you posters that post rando tweets from people know one has heard of ...why? I just don't get taking some rando whack job that has computer access and you people think is is all gospel. Help me here. I just do not understand.

Red state and CNN are "rando whack jobs"?
didn't answer the basic question

LOL yes, I did. YOU didn't.
don't know what you mean about red states, but I can generally take most on CNN, unlike CNBC and Foxy. My question that I posed, which you did not answer is....why in the world would someone post a rando tweet from some internet jockey that no-one has ever heard of? Don't get it.
well, for starters, RedState is not some random internet jockey. It's a main-stream conservative blog that's been around for a couple of decades. It's co-founder, Ben Domenech (also publishes "The Transom," which has tens of thousands of subscribers) is one of the brighter minds on the right who has gone neverTrumper in no small part (I'm sure) due to the fact that he's married to Megan McCain. It's now owned by Salem Media group, a company with $250m/yr in revenues.

So who's the random whack job here?
you. I don't have time to get into rando crap no-one knows about, hence lack of credibility

JR pretending to be the authority on credibility ...

I'm very credible. I don't not post on subject matter I know nothing about, unlike you old man. You just spew Fox blather.
Realitybites
Bexar County, Texas joins Fulton, Maricopa, Milwaukee, Madison, etc in the ranks of the Democrat vote manufacturing machine.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/09/democrat-judge-blocks-texas-ags-effort-stop-county/
historian
Net positive of 0.1% means nothing especially if it's just an outlier. It's within the margin of error.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
There is no good result with Dems in power, whether the Senate or anywhere else.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
Malbec
Realitybites said:

Bexar County, Texas joins Fulton, Maricopa, Milwaukee, Madison, etc in the ranks of the Democrat vote manufacturing machine.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/09/democrat-judge-blocks-texas-ags-effort-stop-county/
We received 11 of these forms at our home. None of the people they were addressed to lived at our home.
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

ok, all you posters that post rando tweets from people know one has heard of ...why? I just don't get taking some rando whack job that has computer access and you people think is is all gospel. Help me here. I just do not understand.

don't know what you mean about red states, but I can generally take most on CNN, unlike CNBC and Foxy. My question that I posed, which you did not answer is....why in the world would someone post a rando tweet from some internet jockey that no-one has ever heard of? Don't get it.
well, for starters, RedState is not some random internet jockey. It's a main-stream conservative blog that's been around for a couple of decades. It's co-founder, Ben Domenech (also publishes "The Transom," which has tens of thousands of subscribers) is one of the brighter minds on the right who has gone neverTrumper in no small part (I'm sure) due to the fact that he's married to Megan McCain. It's now owned by Salem Media group, a company with $250m/yr in revenues.

you. I don't have time to get into rando crap no-one knows about, hence lack of credibility

I'm very credible. I don't not post on subject matter I know nothing about, unlike you old man. You just spew Fox blather.
You and I have very different ideas of credible. You pick fights with anyone with a different opinion, and seem pathologically incapable of posting without including an insult.

As for me, where polls are concerned I speak from more than two decades of experience, and that includes personal discussions with people like Frank Gallup and Scott Rasmussen shortly after he founded his polling group in 2003.

You bragged about your MBA in Finance. Mine was concentrated in Accounting, which is germane to this discussion because it's the accountants who see crashes coming when the C-suite guys think the gravy train will never end. It's the accountants who sweat out how much of your cash flow comes from Operations and who is driving spending. In Business we watch out for idiots with stupid Capital spending, in Politics we know to watch the Senate and House Appropriations Committees.

The thing about Trump 2017-20 is that from 2017-18 he faced headwinds from Republicans angry he won, and from 2019-20 he was faced with a very hostile Congress controlled by Democrats.

And before you fall back on your go-to 'someone needs a job' cheap shot, I have worked for over four decades with hard numbers, doing my best to keep idiots from causing layoffs through bad C-suite decisions.
Oldbear83
sombear said:

Oldbear83 said:

I read all publicly available polling data, including tabs.

I often get some internals, but it's been a while.

It is indisputable that Harris has improved her position since the debate.

The only question is whether it is sustainable.
Just a hint - check the enthusiasm levels at different dates.

sombear
historian said:

Net positive of 0.1% means nothing especially if it's just an outlier. It's within the margin of error.
Actually 3.3% improvement in less than a month among a voting public 99% of which have their minds made up.
whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

Dude is clueless about CNN and RedState yet thinks everyone else is a rando nutjob.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

You and I have very different ideas of credible. You pick fights with anyone with a different opinion, and seem pathologically incapable of posting without including an insult.

As for me, where polls are concerned I speak from more than two decades of experience, and that includes personal discussions with people like Frank Gallup and Scott Rasmussen shortly after he founded his polling group in 2003.

You bragged about your MBA in Finance. Mine was concentrated in Accounting, which is germane to this discussion because it's the accountants who see crashes coming when the C-suite guys think the gravy train will never end. It's the accountants who sweat out how much of your cash flow comes from Operations and who is driving spending. In Business we watch out for idiots with stupid Capital spending, in Politics we know to watch the Senate and House Appropriations Committees.

The thing about Trump 2017-20 is that from 2017-18 he faced headwinds from Republicans angry he won, and from 2019-20 he was faced with a very hostile Congress controlled by Democrats.

And before you fall back on your go-to 'someone needs a job' cheap shot, I have worked for over four decades with hard numbers, doing my best to keep idiots from causing layoffs through bad C-suite decisions.

Bean counter, tracks...
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

Bean counter, tracks...
You know those bumper stickers that say 'If you can read this, thank a teacher'?

Mine says 'if your paycheck cleared, thank the accountant'.

KaiBear
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

Bean counter, tracks...
You know those bumper stickers that say 'If you can read this, thank a teacher'?

Both my daughter and son in law are CPA's.

I thank them a lot !
Jacques Strap
KaiBear
Redistribution of wealth on an historic level.
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

whiterock said:

J.R. said:

Bean counter, tracks...

Can't argue there...

Good response
Realitybites
Oldbear83 said:

Nice one. The problem is that his says "My paycheck cleared, and I thank Quantitative Easing. Sorry about your grocery bill."
whiterock
PA mail-in ballot requests are far below 2020 levels, Democrats considerably moreso.....by 6x the 2020 margin of victory.

boognish_bear
Serious issue not taken seriously until needed votes in Nov were on the line

whiterock
boognish_bear said:

they are accomplishing the reduction in numbers by asking migrants to please cross at the border checkpoints, and/or flying them in to CONUS at taxpayer expense.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

boognish_bear said:

they are accomplishing the reduction in numbers by asking migrants to please cross at the border checkpoints, and/or flying them in to CONUS at taxpayer expense.
s Gov Abbott's policy having any effect?
4th and Inches
sombear said:

Bad Suffolk PA poll for Trump - down 3.
Suffolk is a bad poll.. the latest favorability polls are bouncing back to Trump at his usual and Harris is back underwater as well.

Next 50 days will be a wild ride
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

#50 KAIAN ROBERTS-DAY ( DL )
CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
whiterock
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

sombear said:

Bad Suffolk PA poll for Trump - down 3.

No, debate and Swift had no effect. Must be bad poll. Fake news.
correct assessment.

There is a clear break between the ones that messed up in 2020 and the ones that got it right. The ones that were right are polling Trump somewhere between an EV win and a popular vote win. The ones that were off by 4-6 points are showing Harris up by that which again makes it an EV win for Trump based on previous history.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
sombear said:

whiterock said:

In fairness, GOP-leaning polls were way off in 2020 as well.

And if you look at state poll aggregates from 2020, they were not too bad.

The biggest concern for Trump right now is the sheer number of polls showing him down after the debate.
Rass is a "GOP leaning" poll and it was off towards Dems in 2020

They constantly under estimate Trump. Trafalgar was the only one I saw that got way out in right field so to speak..
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
sombear said:

whiterock said:

In fairness, GOP-leaning polls were way off in 2020 as well.

And if you look at state poll aggregates from 2020, they were not too bad.

The biggest concern for Trump right now is the sheer number of polls showing him down after the debate.
they arent talking about the 6 that show him up vs her 9

Its more even then they let on
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear said:

Our current President has said repeatedly that White Supremacy is the single greatest threat to our country.
4th and Inches
whiterock said:

PA mail-in ballot requests are far below 2020 levels, Democrats considerably moreso.....by 6x the 2020 margin of victory.

it's happening that way in North Carolina and several other states. The request for Democrat mail in ballots is way down compared to 2020.
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
4th and Inches
whiterock said:

This is the second one that I have seen where Trump's favorability is now better than Harris
Adopt-a-Bear 2024

#90 COOPER LANZ ( DL )
CLASS Junior
HT/WT 6' 3", 288 lbs

CLASS Sophomore
HT/WT 6' 3", 273 lbs
Jack Bauer
ScottS
Is it me or are they keeping Watz out of public view?
First Page Last Page
Page 235 of 239

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.