444,146 Views | 8557 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by FLBear5630
KaiBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUDOS said:

But what if he had been successful January 6th?
Think about what would have had to happen for his effort to be successful and he remained our "illegitimate president"?

You are playing what if games.

The fact is Trump left.

And that is not the action of any would be 'dictator'.

See Venezuela.
BUDOS
Having been directly involved in higher education for most of my career, too many universities charge too much, some offer too many services only indirectly related to obtaining an education. Universities should be held more accountable, as well as public schools, but by what measures?
And I don't see the logic behind offering a free higher education. Currently public education is "free" and approximately half of them are not college ready. Again we gripe but that's about it. We get what we accept.
BUDOS80
BUDOS
So, if he had been successful he would have been a dictator?
I believe you really don't want to face the very real consequences of that "what if".
BUDOS80
EatMoreSalmon
BUDOS said:

I believe you really don't want to face the very real consequences of that "what if".
What would a "successful" January 6 have been in your mind?
KaiBear
BUDOS said:

You are reaching far too hard.

Biden raided the house of his political rival
Dem elites literally invalidated an entire primary process.

Objectively the Dems are , by far, the most obvious threat to democracy and our two party system.
whiterock
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Redbrickbear
GrowlTowel
BUDOS said:

But what if he had been successful January 6th?
Think about what would have had to happen for his effort to be successful and he remained our "illegitimate president"?

It would have tossed the election to the House to decide.

Tired of losing yet?
4th and Inches
BUDOS said:

There is a speck of truth in your response; however, I have watched that tape, plus other pieces he has put out in the other forum. In addition to watching live TV that day, plus reading books from former staff and more. IMO, it doesn't matter if he's guilty or whatever he's done or will do, you and others have rationalized that you're going to vote for him. At least you have a more coherent and articulate stance on why. If more of the public would spend as much effort learning the issues we wouldn't be in this mess.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so that gets you in trouble." (Mark Twain)
if I vote for Trump it will be as a vote against Harris. I am on team #NeverHarris

The way she has been installed is very unsettling to me. The way the Democratic party has carried on the last few elections capped off with a selected canidate is more than I can do. I am showing the Democrat party that it cant be the party of protecting democracy and do the undemocratic thing.. I will never vote for her.

My prior backed canidates of Vivek and RFK are not available for me to vote so I may not vote the top line.
Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

BUDOS said:

There is a speck of truth in your response; however, I have watched that tape, plus other pieces he has put out in the other forum. In addition to watching live TV that day, plus reading books from former staff and more. IMO, it doesn't matter if he's guilty or whatever he's done or will do, you and others have rationalized that you're going to vote for him. At least you have a more coherent and articulate stance on why. If more of the public would spend as much effort learning the issues we wouldn't be in this mess.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so that gets you in trouble." (Mark Twain)
if I vote for Trump it will be as a vote against Harris. I am on team #NeverHarris

The way she has been installed is very unsettling to me. The way the Democratic party has carried on the last few elections capped off with a selected canidate is more than I can do. I am showing the Democrat party that it cant be the party of protecting democracy and do the undemocratic thing.. I will never vote for her.

My prior backed canidates of Vivek and RFK are not available for me to vote so I may not vote the top line.

The Democrat Party has become basically a Banana Republic junta.
BUDOS
Why are you attempting to deflect?
BUDOS80
BUDOS
And you won't answer the question.
BUDOS80
BUDOS
And the Trumpublican Party?
BUDOS80
BUDOS
And which party controlled the house? Are you aware of what he had planned to do regarding the fake electors? If Pence had followed your guy's demands?
And remember, this was before he was twice forced guilty of multiple crimes.
BUDOS80
BUDOS
So, If Trump's efforts that January 6th had been successful, would you have been unsettled?
BUDOS80
BUDOS
And the GOP has become what? A cult? A gang? It's not the party of which I was a member, at least until I witnessed his actions and inaction on January 6th , and what followed.
BUDOS80
Oldbear83
Just out of curiosity, are you suffering prolonged flashbacks from your LSD days, or are you simply delusional by nature now?
GrowlTowel
BUDOS said:

And which party controlled the house? Are you aware of what he had planned to do regarding the fake electors? If Pence had followed your guy's demands?
And remember, this was before he was twice forced guilty of multiple crimes.

Well, at that time the nuts did. But seeing as you have zero clue how the House operates in this instance, I bid you farewell.

Enjoy the kids' table.

Your candidate can't even give an interview or spell it.
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX
BUDOS said:

I would ask you to name his moderate actions on January 6th, on his sexual assault felony conviction, on his statements on the access tapes, on his Springfield accusations, etc.

God you are an idiot.
Trump was never convicted of sexual assault.
Trump said to "peacefully make your voices heard" on Jan 6th.
Don't even know what the "access tapes" are, but based on your other accusations... probably a nothing burger.
There are police body cam videos of cops arresting Hatians for eating pets. Not hard to find or verify.
ShooterTX
EatMoreSalmon
BUDOS said:

Why are you attempting to deflect?
You don't know what deflection is, I take it.
If you ask a question, context is everything. Why do you not wish to elaborate on what you are asking so a relatable answer could be provided.

"What would. have happened if Fred had continued to beat his wife?"
Well, did Fred ever beat his wife in the first place?
Whiskey Pete
BUDOS said:

And the GOP has become what? A cult? A gang? It's not the party of which I was a member, at least until I witnessed his actions and inaction on January 6th , and what followed.
Dude, there's something really off about you.
KaiBear
BUDOS said:

And you won't answer the question.

The Jan 6th riot simply could not invalidate anything.

It's a ridiculous theory.

Might as well attempt to claim the robbery of a liquor store in Austin could topple the state government.
BUDOS
And everyone one of you run away from my question. Everyone.
Yet you are going to vote for this guy. A man who was an active participant in January 6th. Who sat on his butt and watched the violence and destruction of property, refusing pleas from his family and "Republicans" to stop it.
Interesting that no one wants to think about what if his plan to overthrow the election had been successful.
Was it an insurrection? An attempted coup?
Look it up in the dictionary.
Yeppers you are going to rationalize the facts away and vote for this guy. No matter what he has done. Well I guess that says a lot about you and where we are as a nation.
Would we be having this discussion if had been successful? Would we be having an election? Come on man, you guys are intelligent. Answer the question.
BUDOS80
Mothra
BUDOS said:

Ouch! Your argument scores points as it is a good one and well stated. I admit to having a major problem with what I witnessed all day on TV that January 6th. I saw and heard his speech, and I have a copy of it. I saw the vandalism and the mob, some of which seriously hurt others. I saw what happened when Trump sent out his text about Pence. And how Trump sit on his butt, watching all of it on TV. Trump attempted to overturn the results of the election by force, denying results of 30 court decisions ( including Trump appointed judges). How do you rationalize his actions just in this instance?
Yeah, I don't rationalize his actions. I thought Jan. 6th was despicable. But I also know that despite what happened that day, the last 4 years of horrid policy have convinced me that Trump's policies are much better for me and my children than the last 4 years of Biden/Harris, and that another 4 years of Harris could be very dangerous for the world. The world is a much more dangerous place now than it was 4 years ago.

For my draft-age sons' sake, I can't justify a vote that perpetuates the last 4 years of unmitigated disaster when it comes to foreign policy. And that doesn't even touch on the horrendous domestic and economic policy. We live in scary times, and I will vote in a way that doesn't perpetuate it for the sake of my family. Unfortunately, that means holding my nose and voting for a POS like Trump. I wish it were not the case, but there is no other viable alternative.
KaiBear
BUDOS said:

Yet you are going to vote for this guy. A man who was an active participant in January 6th. Who sat on his butt and watched the violence and destruction of property, refusing pleas from his family and "Republicans" to stop it.
Interesting that no one wants to think about what if his plan to overthrow the election had been successful.
Yeppers you are going to rationalize the facts away and vote for this guy. No matter what he has done. Well I guess that says a lot about you and where we are as a nation.
Would we be having this discussion if had been successful? Would we be having an election? Come on man, you guys are intelligent. Answer the question.

Strange self abortion you are displaying here; you must be very young.

I simply disagree with your narrative and your conclusion.

Meanwhile you arbitrarily dismiss the flagrantly misuse of the FBI in raiding the house of a past president and political enemy. Only to find out Biden had similar documents and less justification for possessing them.

But fear not.

Propaganda works.

Harris and her policies will take hold.

And the consequences of which will effect your future quality of life far more than it will effect mine.

Peace Be With You.
Whiskey Pete
BUDOS said:

Keep it together man. You're starting to lose it. Trump left the White House, or did you forget?

We face a bigger threat from our wide open borders (compliments of Biden/Harris) than some guy with a spray tan telling a bunch of middle aged tourists to go peacefully protest.

But hey, keep drinking that never Trump kool-aid, is it orange flavored?
Whiskey Pete
BUDOS said:

No
Whiskey Pete
BUDOS said:

What followed is an administration that cares zero about border security and has not only allowed millions upon millions of foreign nationals come into our cities, but actively brought them in, without regard to the safety of the American people.
ScottS
New Bloomberg poll has Harris up 5 in Pennsylvania.
sombear
ScottS said:

Morning Consult has been a pro-Dem outlier this entire cycle. I don't think it's intentional b/c no pollster wants to be consistently wrong. The frauds mix in some opposite polls. But, regardless of motive, take MC with a grain of salt.

The GOP thinks Trump is down by a hair in PA but well within striking distance.
ScottS
It sounds like the Secret Service still isn't giving Trump the resources he needs...

Secret Service Is Being Weaponized Against Trump Campaign HotAir

Senator Hawley (Missouri) says SS denied Trump resources for Wisconsin rally.

(5) Josh Hawley on X: " NEW - A whistleblower tells me the Secret Service DENIED the Trump campaign the resources & manpower for a rally in Wisconsin. That contradicts Rowe, who said Trump, Harris & Biden were all getting the same protection. Harris held a WI rally last week https://t.co/wRAKuFRWQV" / X

SS not using drones to secure a location...
Why Did the Secret Service Resist Drone Technology? | RealClearPolitics
whiterock
sombear said:

ScottS said:

Morning Consult has been a pro-Dem outlier this entire cycle. I don't think it's intentional b/c no pollster wants to be consistently wrong. The frauds mix in some opposite polls. But, regardless of motive, take MC with a grain of salt.

The GOP thinks Trump is down by a hair in PA but well within striking distance.

Many of these polling firms are players as much as pollsters

First Page
Page 244 of 245

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.