445,609 Views | 8591 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by historian
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

hey look, people blaming the easy target for killing a crappy bill
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

sombear said:

boognish_bear said:

This more than anything else out there is the most concerning for Trump.

Silver had Trump at 60% just a couple weeks ago. With his modeling, this is a dramatic shift.
Harris is going to win this thing. Trump thinks his base is enough, suburban women will put her over the top. Vance does not help. All the women at work comment on how creepy he is. That is what you want the electorate to say...
i was with you early on.. but I dont think you understand his base.

Little secret, those at work were always voting harris.. Trump has eroded young people votes, tribal people votes, hispanic votes, and black votes significantly from her base. Harris is doing well with women.

Malbec
4th and Inches said:

Malbec said:

whiterock said:

Hard to square this with polls showing Kamala ahead

If that were the question that they actually asked in the poll survey, why would one of the choices for an answer be, "Someone else?"
they wont vote or dont want to tell you who they are voting for..
If they were registered voters polled, then "not voting" should be a choice. If they are likely voters, then "someone else" should not be a choice in the scenario offered in the question, unless we are to believe that fully 8% plan to write in a choice.
historian
Harrison Bergeron said:

I genuinely do not know how any sane person can vote for Harris. I genuinely think the only reason anyone will vote for her is because they have been misled by the media. There is not rational reason to vote for her unless one is just a purely tribal Democrat, which is much of the Democrats - there is a reason the phrase "yellow dog" Democrat is a true stereotype.

- Trump is a proven commodity: he had the most successful three-year presidency maybe ever; I am sure it can be debated, but hard to argue the success of his first three years
- Trump has a mixed record on Covid; like everything else, he tried to get in front of it but was immediately thwarted by Democrats; he brought the vaccine to market in record time, and most of the terrible Covid-era decisions were driven by governors not the federal government (although Fauci's terrible advice was behind much of it)
- Harris is literally the stupidest person ever to run for president; she is a abject moron
- Harris has failed at everything she has done including four years of one of the worse presidencies in modern memory, and she particularly failed at the tasks she was given
- Harris is the most radical, extreme president ever to run for office as a major party candidate

Unless one is a crazy partisan or just disinformed, no reasonable case to vote for Harris.

Well, Kamala might be the most successful prostitute in history. She might just parlay an affair with a corrupt politician years ago into a gif in the White House as puppet to Obama, Soros, or whomever is pulling the strings. True, she might have had to prostitute herself repeatedly to several fascist perverts like Bill Clinton or Joe Biden (which if pretty gross) but still might make her nominally the mist powerful person on earth.

If Joe Biden is the poster boy for elder abuse (virtually undeniable) then Joe & the Hoe are prime indicators that there is too much power in Washington.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
4th and Inches said:

BUDOS said:

So, If Trump's efforts that January 6th had been successful, would you have been unsettled?
what efforts are you talking about? Alot of J6 things happened..

4th and Inches
Malbec said:

4th and Inches said:

Malbec said:

whiterock said:

If that were the question that they actually asked in the poll survey, why would one of the choices for an answer be, "Someone else?"
If they were registered voters polled, then "not voting" should be a choice. If they are likely voters, then "someone else" should not be a choice in the scenario offered in the question, unless we are to believe that fully 8% plan to write in a choice.
depending on the state, there will be up to 4 other choices besides Trump and Harris..

I dont think it should have been allowed response but i didnt write or complete the poll
historian
Malbec said:

4th and Inches said:

Malbec said:

whiterock said:

"Someone else" = all other candidates, each getting 1-2% max

It's easier to combine them all into one than to list a dozen different people, some of whom won't even be in the ballot for all 50 states and none of whom have a chance of getting a significant number of votes. Think of RFK, Cornell West, the Green candidate, etc.
boognish_bear
Malbec
historian said:

Malbec said:

4th and Inches said:

Malbec said:

whiterock said:

"Someone else" = all other candidates, each getting 1-2% max

It's easier to combine them all into one than to list a dozen different people, some of whom won't even be in the ballot for all 50 states and none of whom have a chance of getting a significant number of votes. Think of RFK, Cornell West, the Green candidate, etc.
That's not the question the poll asked. It wasn't "who are you voting for?" It was:
Quote:

If the 2024 election were between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump, who would you vote for?
Malbec
boognish_bear said:

Of course if you don't have the "academic credentials," you can't turn the keys or tell us what a woman is.
Oldbear83
We live in a world where someone can roll up to a Burger King and demand a Big Mac, tell you Math is 'racist' and a Man can be a Woman if he feels that way, especially in sports.

I'm frankly surprised they don't get answers like "Obama" or "Iron man".
historian
And some people won't be pigeonholed into only two choices. They will choose another. That's the way elections or any other free choice works.
Malbec
historian said:

And some people won't be pigeonholed into only two choices. They will choose another. That's the way elections or any other free choice works.
Never mind, you're not getting it. It's not a ballot, it's a poll that only gives you two choices. "Hi, this is Gallup. Are you a man or a woman?" "I'm a rock." Men 42% Women 47% Rocks 1%
Oldbear83
Malbec said:

historian said:

Never mind, you're not getting it. It's not a ballot, it's a poll that only gives you two choices. "Hi, this is Gallup. Are you a man or a woman?" "I'm a rock." Men 42% Women 47% Rocks 1%
If it's a phone poll, responses will be more than the offered choices.

Humans do human things.
The_barBEARian
Oldbear83 said:

Adolf: "My cold dead soul... as he makes a joke about me getting murdered."

Not at all. You wanna play Nazi, that's you playing with Fate and I'm just the observer.

I will say I am glad you are spending so much time ranting online here. Every hour you spend here is one more synagogue that doesn't get vandalized.

I'll still be alive in 20 years and you wont.

Your passionate support of Netanyahu is ironic given that he is one of the most evil world leaders in recent history. It's a close race between Netanyahu, Osama Bin Ladin, and the guy who ran ISIS.

Netanyahu and the IDF make Putin and the Russians look like saints.
Oldbear83
The_barBEARian said:

Oldbear83 said:

Adolf: "My cold dead soul... as he makes a joke about me getting murdered."

Not at all. You wanna play Nazi, that's you playing with Fate and I'm just the observer.

I will say I am glad you are spending so much time ranting online here. Every hour you spend here is one more synagogue that doesn't get vandalized.

I'll still be alive in 20 years and you wont.

Your passionate support of Netanyahu is ironic given that he is one of the most evil world leaders in recent history. It's a close race between Netanyahu, Osama Bin Ladin, and the guy who ran ISIS.

Netanyahu and the IDF make Putin and the Russians look like saints.
You continue to be wrong in a growing number of ways, Bar[notarealbear}ian.

I do not support any politician in Israel, but I do pay attention to who starts wars and actually commits heinous acts of murder.

And Putin is in a place of his own for evil. Dismissing his crimes speaks even worse for you.
historian
I do get that it's a poll and not a ballot and that not everyone polled is voting for one of the two choices, like the electorate in general. A poll is meaningless unless it reflects at least somewhat on the general population. This is not rocket science. People make their own choices regardless of what pollsters or anyone else want them to say. If the pollster only gives them 2 choices and someone is determined to vote another way, they might not give the pollster what he wants: they might make a third choice. Real ballots even offer the option for write in votes.
First Page Refresh
Page 246 of 246

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.