Trump Indictment & Arrest

9,405 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chriscbear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Chatted with my wife about this one.

She put it like this:

"I hate the guy, but he did the job he said he would do, and I will vote for him again"

She has zero interest in anyone else. Hates Democrats and does not trust Establishment GOP.

From what I hear, she represents tens of millions of voters.

Doesn't mean you should support Trump, but ignoring his supporters (and that group does not include me) is how you lose.
Most every woman I know cannot stand Trumps and would never vote for him under any circumstances . Most of them lean Republican or are Republicans.
If that were true, Trump would not be where he is in the polls.
Where is he in the General Election Polls? Everyone I have seen shows even dementia Biden beating him.
See the 2015 polls for relevance.

General Election polls are seldom valuable until the primaries get going.
Come on OldBear, you really think people are going to vote for Trump in 24 after all the **** since 2019? This is not the Trump that came down the elevator. This is a mean, vindictive, hateful Trump. Unfortunately, Trump has lost the traits and qualities that made him electable. NO ONE has any faith he can negotiate a deal, work with Congress or control his mouth.
I don't support Trump, but I don't ignore the facts, either. The problem for the GOP is that too many leading Republicans have no confidence from core voters.

The Deep State is a real thing, and we see it in the go-to-hell arrogance of McConnell and McCarthy and their cronies.

DeSantis has a real shot, but he needs a campaign manager who can sell RDS as Trump-only-better and he absolutely needs to win over the Trump base.

There are a lot of Trump voters who need to be wooed, not ignored or insulted. It won't matter how well your guy 'works with Congress' unless you win the White House, and to win the White House you better respect the Trump base.
If the Trump base is what is wooed, Dems will have another 4 years. Trump base is not representative of the voting poulation. Remember, the GOP does not have the numbers, the GOP needs more than Trumps base.
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

"I hate the guy, but he did the job he said he would do, and I will vote for him again"

She has zero interest in anyone else. Hates Democrats and does not trust Establishment GOP.

Doesn't mean you should support Trump, but ignoring his supporters (and that group does not include me) is how you lose.
Most every woman I know cannot stand Trumps and would never vote for him under any circumstances . Most of them lean Republican or are Republicans.
Where is he in the General Election Polls? Everyone I have seen shows even dementia Biden beating him.

Come on OldBear, you really think people are going to vote for Trump in 24 after all the **** since 2019? This is not the Trump that came down the elevator. This is a mean, vindictive, hateful Trump. Unfortunately, Trump has lost the traits and qualities that made him electable. NO ONE has any faith he can negotiate a deal, work with Congress or control his mouth.
I don't support Trump, but I don't ignore the facts, either. The problem for the GOP is that too many leading Republicans have no confidence from core voters.

The Deep State is a real thing, and we see it in the go-to-hell arrogance of McConnell and McCarthy and their cronies.

DeSantis has a real shot, but he needs a campaign manager who can sell RDS as Trump-only-better and he absolutely needs to win over the Trump base.

There are a lot of Trump voters who need to be wooed, not ignored or insulted. It won't matter how well your guy 'works with Congress' unless you win the White House, and to win the White House you better respect the Trump base.
If the Trump base is what is wooed, Dems will have another 4 years. Trump base is not representative of the voting poulation. Remember, the GOP does not have the numbers, the GOP needs more than Trumps base.
Yes, they need more than Trump's base, But without Trump's base, they lose, period.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Yes, they need more than Trump's base, But without Trump's base, they lose, period.
So, who is Trump's base going to vote for if not Trump? Biden? Harris? Not vote? Dem's don't need Trump's Base,
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

So, who is Trump's base going to vote for if not Trump? Biden? Harris? Not vote? Dem's don't need Trump's Base,
If you attack them, they will stay home.

Dems can win many ways, some of them even legal. To win the GOP must win over Trump's base.

Attacking and insulting them is a really bad idea.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Dems can win many ways, some of them even legal. To win the GOP must win over Trump's base.

Seems like Trump's base doing most of the attacking, his attack dogs Greene, Broebert, and Gaetz are not helping. You can only be an outsider, Mr Smith Goes To Washington for one time. At some point, you have to work within the system. There will always be an establishment, always a Government and always politicians. Trump and his group are not effective. Trump does not seem to be learning that.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

It certainly isn't a policy or principle thing. That's been tried repeatedly. What are they looking for besides Trump?
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

It certainly isn't a policy or principle thing. That's been tried repeatedly. What are they looking for besides Trump?
No GOP leader is pressing Biden's lies about Hunter's money.

No GOP leader is pressing to expose the idiocy of Biden's oil policy

No GOP leader is demanding rollbacks on Biden's Woke policies.

Folks want Trump's policies, with or without Trump.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Do you pay attention to Congress? Everything you say is happening. I can't find one GOP legislater that is for Biden's policies and hasn't spoken out against the anti-fossil fuel policies. Treasury is sending over Hunter B's transaction reports. They are going against the woke stuff.

What do you expect them to do? Jan 6th again and again? Also, they think Trump's policies were his???
Oldbear83
"Also, they think Trump's policies were his???"

Yes, they do. Damn sure no one else is even pushing them.
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

There will always be an establishment, always a Government and always politicians.
Wise words.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Sorry, but many are doing just that. Apparently they aren't doing it Trump-like enough. Mean tweet? An insult? Is that what will make it stick out to the Trumpers?
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Sorry, but many are doing just that. Apparently they aren't doing it Trump-like enough. Mean tweet? An insult? Is that what will make it stick out to the Trumpers?
Name them.

Trump learned from Obama, Reagan and others.

You gotta be memorable.

95% of the GOP won't fight for the little guy, and we all know it. And those who talk seldom follow through.

Maybe RDS will get there, but unless/until he declares, we have three types of Republicans out there:

* Those who sell the Establishment lie and expect us to buy it
* Those who want to do the right thing but are afraid of the fight
* Trump

Name the ones with the balls and the policies to challenge the Left.
JXL
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Name them.

You gotta be memorable.

95% of the GOP won't fight for the little guy, and we all know it. And those who talk seldom follow through.

Maybe RDS will get there, but unless/until he declares, we have three types of Republicans out there:

* Trump

You can tell how effective DeSantis is by the flurry of negative stories in the MSM lately.
Oldbear83
JXL said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Name them.

You gotta be memorable.

* Trump

You can tell how effective DeSantis is by the flurry of negative stories in the MSM lately.
Democrats fear him, and they should. If he runs, DeSantis will be formidable, but he needs a sharp campaign manager who can plan the ambushes and get ready for them.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Name them.

You gotta be memorable.

* Trump

I could name many, but I doubt it would matter. It wouldn't matter because you are under the false belief that Trump cares about the little guy, and that he isn't as big a phony and huckster as those you point at in the GOP or even Democrats. So as I said, we aren't comparing policy, we're comparing something else required to "win over" support.

He's as blue blood, Northeast corporatist, investment banker, power hungry narcissist as any of them. But Trump is a vibe and mood manifested in an emotional attachment more akin to cultural autocrats we've seen so often. Defeating the cult of personality is extremely hard.
Oldbear83
"I could name many, but I doubt it would matter. It wouldn't matter because you are under the false belief that Trump cares about the little guy"

This is what annoys me.

No, I do not support Trump.

No, I do not believe he cares about the little guy.

You are responding to your assumptions, not what I am saying.

Politics is perception. Obama won by creating the illusion that he cared, just as Biden tries to sell the same lie.

People listen for that message.

The Republicans insult their own base, laugh at tens of millions of voters and think they don't need them.

That way lies a second Biden term, and no, that is not because of Trump, it is because of you.
90sBear
Oldbear83 said:

"I could name many, but I doubt it would matter. It wouldn't matter because you are under the false belief that Trump cares about the little guy"

This is what annoys me.

Politics is perception. Obama won by creating the illusion that he cared, just as Biden tries to sell the same lie.

The Republicans insult their own base, laugh at tens of millions of voters and think they don't need them.

That way lies a second Biden term, and no, that is not because of Trump, it is because of you.

I was with you until the end.

Yes, some republicans insult other members of the Republican party and Trump is just as guilty of this as anyone else. I think he assumes they are all (or most of them) going to vote for him as opposed to the alternative even if they don't like him. That's a risky gamble given the last two election cycles.

Trump personally has put off plenty of potential voters with his own behavior and messaging. That is because of Trump. I understand you are trying to woo Trump supporters away from him and play nice while you do it, but he's not playing nice and never has. And in my opinion something Trump supporters need to understand is that there are a LOT of people out there that do not want to vote for him and many will not, no matter their typical party affiliation. Exactly how many? I don't know. Might know better closer to primary election time.

This seems like something whiterock eats up. The number of voters that will not vote for Trump no matter what but would consider voting for a different Republican candidate and the likelihood of that vs. the number of Trump supporters that won't bother to vote for anyone but Trump.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

How many names do you need?

And if you don't want people to assume you support Trump, I suggest you stop supporting Trump in your posts and replies.
whiterock
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

You need to get out a little more. Mrs Oldbear sounds exactly like Mrs Whiterock (on Trump).

whiterock
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Bad strategy. Dem base also does not have the numbers and you can take it to the bank they will be wooed, relentlessly.

Never apologize for your party. Never apologize for what you believe. Ever. Fight for it. Sell it. You start hiding your platform under a bushel and you'll lose elections forever.

whiterock
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

See part in bold. Lots of low-propensity voters in the Trump coalition. Way more than neverTrumpers.....
whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Name them.

You gotta be memorable.

* Trump

Democrats fear him, and they should. If he runs, DeSantis will be formidable, but he needs a sharp campaign manager who can plan the ambushes and get ready for them.
My contacts & friends in the consultant world are unanimously positive on abilities of Team DeSantis.....they have the right stuff.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

"Also, they think Trump's policies were his???"

Yes, they do. Damn sure no one else is even pushing them.rir
That is not true, the Tea Party had pretty much the same message. I remember Rick Santorri (sp?) sounding off against Obama.

Trump's policies were put together by the Tea Party and did not difffer from many of the other GOP conservatives in the 2011-15 era. Look at the 2015 primaries, he was an after thought until everyone else killed each other off. He didn't come in with some huge Grass Roots movement, he was a joke on the elevator. An if Arnold could do it, I can...

You really think Trump's policies are that different? I am not talking Romney or McCain they were always moderates. OR, is it his messaging? He talks in sound bites. Sound bites are not policies. He has no idea of the ramifications or even an end-game of what he wants. Nothing is sacred to him, if it gets him what he wants. He will trade off the conservative items his base love it will get him what he wants. He does not care, he is only about making him look good.

Don't get me wrong, I agree on alot of his policies. I am in his camp on hedge funds, they will be the undoing of America. His whole agenda was undo Obama, whatever that was. I would say the only actions he knows are which ones will make his companies money, rest is the show. He could really care less about NATO or if they pay, but it makes for a good stage...

2024 is a rage filled vedetta with a Sherman March to the Sea tactic that is going to hurt the US badly, he should not run. He is not running for the right reasons, this is The Mr Toxic goes to Washington looking for payback...
Mitch Blood Green
All you DeSantis hats are up against the unfairness of the primary cycle. By Super Tuesday, your vote often won't matter.
We will see.
whiterock
Mitch Blood Green said:

All you DeSantis hats are up against the unfairness of the primary cycle. By Super Tuesday, your vote often won't matter.
We will see.
maybe, maybe not. RDS will win FL bigly and it's a huge pile of delegates early in the cycle. It's his ace in the hole.

I see very high odds of a two-man race running long down the stretch

Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

And if you don't want people to assume you support Trump, I suggest you stop supporting Trump in your posts and replies.
Maybe you could start with three, since you say there are so many prominent Republicans who have taken up the fight.

And criticizing cheap shots against Trump supporters is not at all the same as supporting Trump. How you still don't understand this by now, is baffling to any rational mind.

whiterock
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Maybe you could start with three, since you say there are so many prominent Republicans who have taken up the fight.

And criticizing cheap shots against Trump supporters is not at all the same as supporting Trump. How you still don't understand this by now, is baffling to any rational mind.

mob mentality. The mob is anti-Trump, ergo anyone who isn't also anti-Trump will be attacked as earnestly as the Trump supporters.

But they offer a kinder, gentler GOP, so it's ok.
Mitch Blood Green
whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.
maybe, maybe not. RDS will win FL bigly and it's a huge pile of delegates early in the cycle. It's his ace in the hole.

I agree on the two man race. When does it drop to two? That's the point I hoped to make. If Trump bags 10 states before It's down to two. That's a large bill to climb.
Doc Holliday

Possible they announce Trump won't be indicted and all this prep is for crazy Dems and lefties that start rioting in response.
Redbrickbear
Doc Holliday
Lol

whiterock
Spot on by Turley: "…..prosecution by plebiscite…."

Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Spot on by Turley: "…..prosecution by plebiscite…."

FLBear5630
Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

I agree on the two man race. When does it drop to two? That's the point I hoped to make. If Trump
bags 10 states before It's down to two. That's a large bill to climb.
Ok, there are only 4 Primaries before Super Tuesday. So, even if he loses all 4 Trump will stay in until Super Tuesday. So, where does he pick up enough to beat RDS or Halley?

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22
Iowa caucuses - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Tue, Jan 30
New Hampshire primary - Trump lost in 2020 and 2016 Primary

Tue, Feb 6
Nevada Primary - He lost 2020. Won 2016 Primary

Sat, Feb 24
South Carolina Republican primary - Won both 2020 and 016 Primary. (Does Halley hurt him here?)

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5
Alabama primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (6 Delegates)

Arkansas primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (9 Delegates)

California primary - Does he take CA? This is a big one, 172 Delegates

Colorado primary - No Primary. Do they select Trump?

Maine primary - Trump has never won ME.

Massachusetts primary - Liz's State? Does he win here?

Minnesota primary - Never won in MN.

North Carolina primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

Oklahoma primary - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Tennessee primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

Texas primary - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Utah primary- Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Vermont primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (8 Delegates)

Virginia primary - He lost 2020. Won 2016 Primary

So coming out of Super Tuesday, using history as a base and how the populations voted. I say he safely wraps up about 52 delegates of the 1276 or so delegates needed. He will win some, split and lose some of the others in real life. But so will the others. The point is that he will not be in a position after Super Tuesday to be the Nominee to the point others drop out. If you go to the 12th, he will get Miss. But MI? Then you are on the 19th and the big dogs of FL and AZ both winner take all, that he NEEDED in 16 and 20.

My point is not the history has anything to do with the future, but that like the NCAA Tourney, alot has to do with the field he is facing (in this case RDS takes FL, Halley takes SC, and who else?), the electoral college (his die-hard supporters are small states) and the timing.

Sorry, I do not see a King Donald in this election no matter how the polls want to project it. This schedule, field (if RDS runs) and timing does not make for a Trump roll. He gave that up on Jan 6th, those that liked Jan 6th will not be enough to win a State of significance.
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Just so we're clear, saying someone is wrong/dumb/(insert cheap shot) for supporting Biden or establishment Republicans is ok, but you can't say that about Trump supporters? I thought calling out foolishness was fair game?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.