Trump Indictment & Arrest

9,364 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by chriscbear
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

"I could name many, but I doubt it would matter. It wouldn't matter because you are under the false belief that Trump cares about the little guy"

This is what annoys me.

No, I do not support Trump.

No, I do not believe he cares about the little guy.

You are responding to your assumptions, not what I am saying.

Politics is perception. Obama won by creating the illusion that he cared, just as Biden tries to sell the same lie.

People listen for that message.

The Republicans insult their own base, laugh at tens of millions of voters and think they don't need them.

That way lies a second Biden term, and no, that is not because of Trump, it is because of you.
How many names do you need?

And if you don't want people to assume you support Trump, I suggest you stop supporting Trump in your posts and replies.
Maybe you could start with three, since you say there are so many prominent Republicans who have taken up the fight.

And criticizing cheap shots against Trump supporters is not at all the same as supporting Trump. How you still don't understand this by now, is baffling to any rational mind.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Just so we're clear, saying someone is wrong/dumb/(insert cheap shot) for supporting Biden or establishment Republicans is ok, but you can't say that about Trump supporters? I thought calling out foolishness was fair game?
Will look up your three.

But again, you really think attacking people you need on your side is good strategy?

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

"I could name many, but I doubt it would matter. It wouldn't matter because you are under the false belief that Trump cares about the little guy"

This is what annoys me.

Politics is perception. Obama won by creating the illusion that he cared, just as Biden tries to sell the same lie.

The Republicans insult their own base, laugh at tens of millions of voters and think they don't need them.

That way lies a second Biden term, and no, that is not because of Trump, it is because of you.

And if you don't want people to assume you support Trump, I suggest you stop supporting Trump in your posts and replies.
Maybe you could start with three, since you say there are so many prominent Republicans who have taken up the fight.

And criticizing cheap shots against Trump supporters is not at all the same as supporting Trump. How you still don't understand this by now, is baffling to any rational mind.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Just so we're clear, saying someone is wrong/dumb/(insert cheap shot) for supporting Biden or establishment Republicans is ok, but you can't say that about Trump supporters? I thought calling out foolishness was fair game?
Will look up your three.

But again, you really think attacking people you need on your side is good strategy?

I used to not believe that, until those same people decided it was important to attack people they needed, or have been convinced they don't need. Not sure any other message resonates with a group that has no issue with lighting the house on fire, and whose loyalty is to a person.

Debate and policy common ground was the usual approach, but as I said, Trump die hards are about the vibe and approach, not the policies. But if you can give me more ideas of what convinces them beyond being another Trump, I'm willing to listen.
BearFan33
Doc Holliday said:

Possible they announce Trump won't be indicted and all this prep is for crazy Dems and lefties that start rioting in response.
Fedsurrection part 2
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Chatted with my wife about this one.

She put it like this:

"I hate the guy, but he did the job he said he would do, and I will vote for him again"

She has zero interest in anyone else. Hates Democrats and does not trust Establishment GOP.

From what I hear, she represents tens of millions of voters.

Doesn't mean you should support Trump, but ignoring his supporters (and that group does not include me) is how you lose.
Most every woman I know cannot stand Trumps and would never vote for him under any circumstances . Most of them lean Republican or are Republicans.
If that were true, Trump would not be where he is in the polls.
Where is he in the General Election Polls? Everyone I have seen shows even dementia Biden beating him.
See the 2015 polls for relevance.

General Election polls are seldom valuable until the primaries get going.
Come on OldBear, you really think people are going to vote for Trump in 24 after all the **** since 2019? This is not the Trump that came down the elevator. This is a mean, vindictive, hateful Trump. Unfortunately, Trump has lost the traits and qualities that made him electable. NO ONE has any faith he can negotiate a deal, work with Congress or control his mouth.
I don't support Trump, but I don't ignore the facts, either. The problem for the GOP is that too many leading Republicans have no confidence from core voters.

The Deep State is a real thing, and we see it in the go-to-hell arrogance of McConnell and McCarthy and their cronies.

DeSantis has a real shot, but he needs a campaign manager who can sell RDS as Trump-only-better and he absolutely needs to win over the Trump base.

There are a lot of Trump voters who need to be wooed, not ignored or insulted. It won't matter how well your guy 'works with Congress' unless you win the White House, and to win the White House you better respect the Trump base.
If the Trump base is what is wooed, Dems will have another 4 years. Trump base is not representative of the voting poulation. Remember, the GOP does not have the numbers, the GOP needs more than Trumps base.
Bad strategy. Dem base also does not have the numbers and you can take it to the bank they will be wooed, relentlessly.

Never apologize for your party. Never apologize for what you believe. Ever. Fight for it. Sell it. You start hiding your platform under a bushel and you'll lose elections forever.

Disagree. Dem base plus the anti-Trumper's do have the numbers. Showed that in 2020. Trump is unique, he is hated by a significant portion of Independents, Dems, Republicans, Greens, Communists, Unregistereds, and illegals. He hits them all. Trump runs, you will see numbers that make 2020 look like a poor turn out.
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Will look up your three.

I used to not believe that, until those same people decided it was important to attack people they needed, or have been convinced they don't need. Not sure any other message resonates with a group that has no issue with lighting the house on fire, and whose loyalty is to a person.

Debate and policy common ground was the usual approach, but as I said, Trump die hards are about the vibe and approach, not the policies. But if you can give me more ideas of what convinces them beyond being another Trump, I'm willing to listen.
Here's the thing about Trump. For literally decades, Republicans have promised to address illegal immigration, to address the massive overspending, to stop wars with no purpose.

Only to ignore the base once they were in office.

Republican voters were unhappy to see W palling with the Obamas, to see Bush I pal with Clinton, to see Boehner, McConnell, and all the leading Republicans go along with Democrats on things most of the country never needed or wanted.

And a lot of shady stuff happened in 2020, we all know it.

Most Trump voters did not want him, but once they supported him they see him as doing what he said, following through.

Yes, some of that was just bloviation, some was just posture, but enough was real to give us the best thing in border control since Reagan was just an actor, and serious common sense in our Foreign and Trade policies.

Your post makes it clear you refuse to look at what the Trump voters see. As I said, my wife - who never even voted until 2016 - supports Trump with the full knowledge of his limits.

You want her and others like her to vote for your guy, you need him/her to show respect for Trump's policies and present solutions in the same spirit. DeSantis can do it, maybe two others, but you absolutely cannot win without those voters.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
muddybrazos
RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

All you DeSantis hats are up against the unfairness of the primary cycle. By Super Tuesday, your vote often won't matter.
We will see.
maybe, maybe not. RDS will win FL bigly and it's a huge pile of delegates early in the cycle. It's his ace in the hole.

I see very high odds of a two-man race running long down the stretch

I agree on the two man race. When does it drop to two? That's the point I hoped to make. If Trump
bags 10 states before It's down to two. That's a large bill to climb.
Ok, there are only 4 Primaries before Super Tuesday. So, even if he loses all 4 Trump will stay in until Super Tuesday. So, where does he pick up enough to beat RDS or Halley?

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22
Iowa caucuses - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Tue, Jan 30
New Hampshire primary - Trump lost in 2020 and 2016 Primary

Tue, Feb 6
Nevada Primary - He lost 2020. Won 2016 Primary

Sat, Feb 24
South Carolina Republican primary - Won both 2020 and 016 Primary. (Does Halley hurt him here?)

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5
Alabama primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (6 Delegates)

Arkansas primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (9 Delegates)

California primary - Does he take CA? This is a big one, 172 Delegates

Colorado primary - No Primary. Do they select Trump?

Maine primary - Trump has never won ME.

Massachusetts primary - Liz's State? Does he win here?

Minnesota primary - Never won in MN.

North Carolina primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

Oklahoma primary - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Tennessee primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

Texas primary - Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Utah primary- Cruz beat him in 2016 here.

Vermont primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (8 Delegates)

Virginia primary - He lost 2020. Won 2016 Primary

So coming out of Super Tuesday, using history as a base and how the populations voted. I say he safely wraps up about 52 delegates of the 1276 or so delegates needed. He will win some, split and lose some of the others in real life. But so will the others. The point is that he will not be in a position after Super Tuesday to be the Nominee to the point others drop out. If you go to the 12th, he will get Miss. But MI? Then you are on the 19th and the big dogs of FL and AZ both winner take all, that he NEEDED in 16 and 20.

My point is not the history has anything to do with the future, but that like the NCAA Tourney, alot has to do with the field he is facing (in this case RDS takes FL, Halley takes SC, and who else?), the electoral college (his die-hard supporters are small states) and the timing.

Sorry, I do not see a King Donald in this election no matter how the polls want to project it. This schedule, field (if RDS runs) and timing does not make for a Trump roll. He gave that up on Jan 6th, those that liked Jan 6th will not be enough to win a State of significance.
Trump will steamroll Nikki Haley in SC. She may have a few fans in Charleston or Lexington county but all of the upstate is diehard Trump country and same in the grand strand.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

All you DeSantis hats are up against the unfairness of the primary cycle. By Super Tuesday, your vote often won't matter.
We will see.
maybe, maybe not. RDS will win FL bigly and it's a huge pile of delegates early in the cycle. It's his ace in the hole.

I agree on the two man race. When does it drop to two? That's the point I hoped to make. If Trump
Ok, there are only 4 Primaries before Super Tuesday. So, even if he loses all 4 Trump will stay in until Super Tuesday. So, where does he pick up enough to beat RDS or Halley?

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22

Tue, Jan 30

Tue, Feb 6

Sat, Feb 24
South Carolina Republican primary - Won both 2020 and 016 Primary. (Does Halley hurt him here?)

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5

North Carolina primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

Tennessee primary - Based on history, should be a safe Trump win. (29 Delegates last time)

So coming out of Super Tuesday, using history as a base and how the populations voted. I say he safely wraps up about 52 delegates of the 1276 or so delegates needed. He will win some, split and lose some of the others in real life. But so will the others. The point is that he will not be in a position after Super Tuesday to be the Nominee to the point others drop out. If you go to the 12th, he will get Miss. But MI? Then you are on the 19th and the big dogs of FL and AZ both winner take all, that he NEEDED in 16 and 20.

My point is not the history has anything to do with the future, but that like the NCAA Tourney, alot has to do with the field he is facing (in this case RDS takes FL, Halley takes SC, and who else?), the electoral college (his die-hard supporters are small states) and the timing.

Sorry, I do not see a King Donald in this election no matter how the polls want to project it. This schedule, field (if RDS runs) and timing does not make for a Trump roll. He gave that up on Jan 6th, those that liked Jan 6th will not be enough to win a State of significance.
Trump will steamroll Nikki Haley in SC. She may have a few fans in Charleston or Lexington county but all of the upstate is diehard Trump country and same in the grand strand.
Thanks for the answer to my question. If Halley can't take home state she is done. Is she playing for a VP to DeSantis? That would be a tough ticket. Who would hitch their wagon to Trump?

Gonna be interesting watching Trump against DeSantis. His based views DeSantis very positively, the one paper I saw said 2nd highest to Trump and Trump's attacks were not being received well with the base. Calling him "Meatball Ron" got numerous responses about people liking Trump's results, but not his mouth. Gonna be hard if he can't beat up Ron, that is Trump's one move.

muddybrazos
RMF5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22

Tue, Jan 30

Tue, Feb 6

Sat, Feb 24

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5

Thanks for the answer to my question. If Halley can't take home state she is done. Is she playing for a VP to DeSantis? That would be a tough ticket. Who would hitch their wagon to Trump?

Gonna be interesting watching Trump against DeSantis. His based views DeSantis very positively, the one paper I saw said 2nd highest to Trump and Trump's attacks were not being received well with the base. Calling him "Meatball Ron" got numerous responses about people liking Trump's results, but not his mouth. Gonna be hard if he can't beat up Ron, that is Trump's one move.

I will sit out this election if its Desantis with Nikki as his VP. If he wants MAGA to vote for him then don't give us some Neocon woman that nobody likes. IF he gets Rand Paul as his VP then I would be all in on that ticket.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

RMF5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22

Tue, Jan 30

Tue, Feb 6

Sat, Feb 24

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5

I will sit out this election if its Desantis with Nikki as his VP. If he wants MAGA to vote for him then don't give us some Neocon woman that nobody likes. IF he gets Rand Paul as his VP then I would be all in on that ticket.
And win 28% of the voters. The point is to get elected. Like it or not, to win Trump will have to get moderates, Independents and even some conservative Dems. MAGA will not do it for him. Rand Paul will kill him on the rest of the ticket. You may see a DeSantis/Tim Scott ticket. DeSantis/ someone from Texas that can deliver those votes. A MAGA will end this thing by 11 pm, they will be calling it for Biden.

You guys don't seem to get how pissed most of the Nation was over Jan 6th and how much even people that like Trump's policies HATE his mouth and tweets. If MAGA cause a compromise ticket all far-Right it will be an early evening and 4 more years of Biden crap.
J.R.
Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

USFL
Trump Airlines
Trump Vodka
Trump Mortgage
Trump Casino (Atlantic City)
Trump University
Trump Water
DWAC

Are we next? USA?

Trump had 255 businesses with the Trump name and 500 or so in total and those are the only ones you're aware of? How many successful businesses have you run? Is it more than 249?
I've started and sold 3. We actually paid our suppliers and didn't defraud our banks. Was a C suite ex for a $15B public company. And, I didn't start with $400M from daddy! Trump is a Loser (how ironic)How about you?
Woooow, 3?!? You and I are tied. Now, let's see, we take the rounded out 500 and subtract 6 bankruptcies and then subtract your 3 businesses...looks like 491 more successful businesses by Trump than you could manage. All your hubris and you can't even come close enough to even see the ballpark of Trump's success in the business world. The loudest boos always come from the cheapest seats.
yes, like I said, 3. I guarantee you have not done that. Again, I did it on my own without $400M from daddy trump the bronx slum lord. Give us some color on all your success. We be curious. Trump is a horrible business person. He is nothing but a grifter.
J.R.
whiterock said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

"I hate the guy, but he did the job he said he would do, and I will vote for him again"

She has zero interest in anyone else. Hates Democrats and does not trust Establishment GOP.

Doesn't mean you should support Trump, but ignoring his supporters (and that group does not include me) is how you lose.
Most every woman I know cannot stand Trumps and would never vote for him under any circumstances . Most of them lean Republican or are Republicans.
You need to get out a little more. Mrs Oldbear sounds exactly like Mrs Whiterock (on Trump).

really? Yeah, I don't get out much. You are a clown and have less than zero idea what you are talking about.
Wangchung
J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

USFL
Trump Airlines
Trump Vodka
Trump Mortgage
Trump University
Trump Water
DWAC

Are we next? USA?

Trump had 255 businesses with the Trump name and 500 or so in total and those are the only ones you're aware of? How many successful businesses have you run? Is it more than 249?
I've started and sold 3. We actually paid our suppliers and didn't defraud our banks. Was a C suite ex for a $15B public company. And, I didn't start with $400M from daddy! Trump is a Loser (how ironic)How about you?
Woooow, 3?!? You and I are tied. Now, let's see, we take the rounded out 500 and subtract 6 bankruptcies and then subtract your 3 businesses...looks like 491 more successful businesses by Trump than you could manage. All your hubris and you can't even come close enough to even see the ballpark of Trump's success in the business world. The loudest boos always come from the cheapest seats.
yes, like I said, 3. I guarantee you have not done that. Again, I did it on my own without $400M from daddy trump the bronx slum lord. Give us some color on all your success. We be curious. Trump is a horrible business person. He is nothing but a grifter.
Yes, 3 businesses of my own, the most recent sold in December, so your guarantee has as much credibility as your opinions, apparently. Trump has more success than the sum of your entire bloodline combined but sure, he is such a failure. If only he had your bank account and 3 businesses as his call to authority, rather than a mere 494 plus successful businesses. If you had truly run even one, you would appreciate such a feat despite the source of his seed money decades before.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ATL Bear
Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Will look up your three.

Here's the thing about Trump. For literally decades, Republicans have promised to address illegal immigration, to address the massive overspending, to stop wars with no purpose.

Republican voters were unhappy to see W palling with the Obamas, to see Bush I pal with Clinton, to see Boehner, McConnell, and all the leading Republicans go along with Democrats on things most of the country never needed or wanted.

Most Trump voters did not want him, but once they supported him they see him as doing what he said, following through.

Yes, some of that was just bloviation, some was just posture, but enough was real to give us the best thing in border control since Reagan was just an actor, and serious common sense in our Foreign and Trade policies.

Your post makes it clear you refuse to look at what the Trump voters see. As I said, my wife - who never even voted until 2016 - supports Trump with the full knowledge of his limits.

You want her and others like her to vote for your guy, you need him/her to show respect for Trump's policies and present solutions in the same spirit. DeSantis can do it, maybe two others, but you absolutely cannot win without those voters.
Outside of the anti-hawkish shift, which is a fair critique, those messages and numerous attempts have been tried by Republicans repeatedly. Heck, Mitch McConnell, the Swampiest of Swamp Republicans, has proposed a multitude of immigration bills. Look it up.

If we're being honest, Trump really did very little that hasn't been on the platform docket for a long time. We just fell in love with this no holds barred fight back in the public with it, including calling out his own people (some deserving, some not). And we loved the media sparring because of the "battered spouse" syndrome conservatives feel and do receive. That's the Trump vibe. We were also coming off an insane period with the Obama administration with Hillary Clinton as the heir apparent, so frustrations were high.

2020 did have shenanigans, but most of that was grotesquely taking advantage of COVID period allowances, like unbridled absentee balloting. The game was different for a small window, and Trump got the short end of it. It sucks, but we've survived worse.

There are a multitude of ways to alter the Republican platform to fit with policy, but those aren't the things that are creating the schism. It's the game of thrones in pursuit of power and control, positioned to us as a policy difference. And Trump is as guilty as any of them in this endeavor. He's arguably better because his loyalists don't see the angle. Trumpism isn't a platform, it's a method and expression, and Republicans aren't used to getting emotionally wooed.
Jack Bauer
MSM to Trump - "I wish I knew how to quit you!"

whiterock
Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

I agree on the two man race. When does it drop to two? That's the point I hoped to make. If Trump bags 10 states before It's down to two. That's a large bill to climb.
Usually, the FL primary winnows the field. The early primary states are small. You can press flesh with voters, word gets around. The purpose of putting those states up front is to play on that....to put candidates in scenarios up close to voters, to let voters literally smell & feel the candidates. If you are a cold fish, uptight, etc....you struggle. If you have people skills, you shine. You can't ride a big campaign machine. YOU have to perform. Usually, a grassroots darling will flash in one of the first three. Then, they have less than a month to pivot from that opportunity into a big fundraising push to get ready for the first big state - Florida. 9 major media markets. You have to have at least 9 regional directors, major teams of volunteers to pound streets & phones, and those 9 media markets mean you have to spend disproportionately more per capita on advertising than most other states. Almost never does the early grassroots candidate make the quantuum leap. Because it is a quantuum leap. Most cycles, it's over after FL. One person has it wrapped up.

RDS, by virtue of being FL GOV, already has all of that in place, and $110m in cash. He will win FL. Haley and Pompeo and everyone else will be out of money. Except for Trump. A recent NH poll had Trump up by a 41-point margin. So he will not emerge from FL empty handed. Weakened, on the ropes? Perhaps. More likely it will be a closer race at that point, closer than 2016, I suspect.

So about the surest prediction one could make about the upcoming GOP primary is that when the FL results come in, it will be a two-man race from there on down the stretch. Maybe one or two candidates will just keep coming to debates & talking on TV, but they'll have no money to buy ads. They'll have no campaign team (certainly not one capable of competing in the race. Maybe just a couple of people to handle the press comms. THose people are posturing for VP or cabinet or some other role in politics. I could see Vivek doing that for sure.

2016 primary will be a lot of fun to watch.
whiterock
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Will look up your three.

Outside of the anti-hawkish shift, which is a fair critique, those messages and numerous attempts have been tried by Republicans repeatedly. Heck, Mitch McConnell, the Swampiest of Swamp Republicans, has proposed a multitude of immigration bills. Look it up.

If we're being honest, Trump really did very little that hasn't been on the platform docket for a long time. We just fell in love with this no holds barred fight back in the public with it, including calling out his own people (some deserving, some not). And we loved the media sparring because of the "battered spouse" syndrome conservatives feel and do receive. That's the Trump vibe. We were also coming off an insane period with the Obama administration with Hillary Clinton as the heir apparent, so frustrations were high.

2020 did have shenanigans, but most of that was grotesquely taking advantage of COVID period allowances, like unbridled absentee balloting. The game was different for a small window, and Trump got the short end of it. It sucks, but we've survived worse.

There are a multitude of ways to alter the Republican platform to fit with policy, but those aren't the things that are creating the schism. It's the game of thrones in pursuit of power and control, positioned to us as a policy difference. And Trump is as guilty as any of them in this endeavor. He's arguably better because his loyalists don't see the angle. Trumpism isn't a platform, it's a method and expression, and Republicans aren't used to getting emotionally wooed.
Good take.
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22

Tue, Jan 30

Tue, Feb 6

Sat, Feb 24

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5

We do have indicators on the first four.

IA: Polling is sketchy, but Trump has a narrow lead. IF DeSantis really does have issues with personability, IA will be a tough win for him. Among all the primary states, only NH has anything approaching the kind of face-to-face campaigning that IA is known for. Edge - Trump.

NH: Recent poll had Trump up by a 41-point margin. Appears out of reach for RDS at this time.

NV: Only poll I've seen (Susquehanna, a very reliable GOP firm in PA) has Trump up by 7. I'd call that a defacto a toss-up.

SC: Similar to NV = neck & neck. Would think this is one RDS should win, although Haley will hurt him a lot.

FL: There are some polls showing Trump up by 2-3 points. Emerson had one last week 47-43 Trump. Definitely closer than it should be, and RDS has advantages there he will not have elsewhere.

If RDS does not win FL, it's over.
If RDS barely wins FL, the race will go long.

Remember: The small states do not generate a lot of delegates. But the DO generate a lot of press. That affects fundraising. If a candidate lays eggs early, fundraising dries up. The list is long of apparently strong candidates that did not make it to FL.
4th and Inches
Happy arrest the ex president day!

Edit- stupid auto correcto
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whiterock
Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

USFL
Trump Airlines
Trump Vodka
Trump Mortgage
Trump University
Trump Water
DWAC

Are we next? USA?

Yes, 3 businesses of my own, the most recent sold in December, so your guarantee has as much credibility as your opinions, apparently. Trump has more success than the sum of your entire bloodline combined but sure, he is such a failure. If only he had your bank account and 3 businesses as his call to authority, rather than a mere 494 plus successful businesses. If you had truly run even one, you would appreciate such a feat despite the source of his seed money decades before.
JR is laboring under a fallacy common to business people - that business success indicates superior aptitude for all things. Reality is, successful business people are the 5% or better. They have a hard time reconciling the reality they live in with the conceptual jungle that exists back down in the standard deviation of political understanding.
whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

Where is he in the General Election Polls? Everyone I have seen shows even dementia Biden beating him.

Come on OldBear, you really think people are going to vote for Trump in 24 after all the **** since 2019? This is not the Trump that came down the elevator. This is a mean, vindictive, hateful Trump. Unfortunately, Trump has lost the traits and qualities that made him electable. NO ONE has any faith he can negotiate a deal, work with Congress or control his mouth.
I don't support Trump, but I don't ignore the facts, either. The problem for the GOP is that too many leading Republicans have no confidence from core voters.

The Deep State is a real thing, and we see it in the go-to-hell arrogance of McConnell and McCarthy and their cronies.

DeSantis has a real shot, but he needs a campaign manager who can sell RDS as Trump-only-better and he absolutely needs to win over the Trump base.

There are a lot of Trump voters who need to be wooed, not ignored or insulted. It won't matter how well your guy 'works with Congress' unless you win the White House, and to win the White House you better respect the Trump base.
If the Trump base is what is wooed, Dems will have another 4 years. Trump base is not representative of the voting poulation. Remember, the GOP does not have the numbers, the GOP needs more than Trumps base.
Bad strategy. Dem base also does not have the numbers and you can take it to the bank they will be wooed, relentlessly.

Never apologize for your party. Never apologize for what you believe. Ever. Fight for it. Sell it. You start hiding your platform under a bushel and you'll lose elections forever.

Disagree. Dem base plus the anti-Trumper's do have the numbers. Showed that in 2020. Trump is unique, he is hated by a significant portion of Independents, Dems, Republicans, Greens, Communists, Unregistereds, and illegals. He hits them all. Trump runs, you will see numbers that make 2020 look like a poor turn out.
NeverTrumpers are an astetrisk.

If we build the same kind of ballot harvesting and social media bot operations Dems build, any of several of our candidates could win in 2024. If we don't, then the candidate won't matter.

Dems have figured out a way via ballot harvesting to get exceedingly high turnout from very-blue demographics that typically have rarely voted. We have to match that or we're toast.
Johnny Bear
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

She put it like this:

NeverTrumpers are an astetrisk.

If we build the same kind of ballot harvesting and social media bot operations Dems build, any of several of our candidates could win in 2024. If we don't, then the candidate won't matter.

Dems have figured out a way via ballot harvesting to get exceedingly high turnout from very-blue demographics that typically have rarely voted. We have to match that or we're toast.

Yep - If the '20 and '22 elections taught us anything it's that.

In ADDITION, however, the GOP still has to ALSO wage a traditional campaign as well - because the Republicans don't have the luxury of the MSM doing that part for them. For all of the viewers/listeners Fox News, the other lessor conservative networks and talk radio have, it's not enough. They have to still do that part AND have an aggressive ballot harvesting strategy.
HuMcK
ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

ATL Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is what annoys me.

Rand Paul
Jim Jordan
James Comer

Sounds like exactly the kind of guy who would run a GOP "investigation".
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

We will see.

Primary Schedule
Mon, Jan 22

Tue, Jan 30

Tue, Feb 6

Sat, Feb 24

Super Tuesday
Tue, Mar 5

We do have indicators on the first four.

IA: Polling is sketchy, but Trump has a narrow lead. IF DeSantis really does have issues with personability, IA will be a tough win for him. Among all the primary states, only NH has anything approaching the kind of face-to-face campaigning that IA is known for. Edge - Trump.

NH: Recent poll had Trump up by a 41-point margin. Appears out of reach for RDS at this time.

NV: Only poll I've seen (Susquehanna, a very reliable GOP firm in PA) has Trump up by 7. I'd call that a defacto a toss-up.

SC: Similar to NV = neck & neck. Would think this is one RDS should win, although Haley will hurt him a lot.

FL: There are some polls showing Trump up by 2-3 points. Emerson had one last week 47-43 Trump. Definitely closer than it should be, and RDS has advantages there he will not have elsewhere.

If RDS does not win FL, it's over.
If RDS barely wins FL, the race will go long.

Remember: The small states do not generate a lot of delegates. But the DO generate a lot of press. That affects fundraising. If a candidate lays eggs early, fundraising dries up. The list is long of apparently strong candidates that did not make it to FL.
This is why I love talking to you. You supply objective information to discuss. Thanks.

You are correct. If RDS or Halley fail to win the home states, it is over for them. I would be very surprised if RDS doesn't take FL by 10. He has not declared and is within margin of error.

The polling for the mid-terms predicted a Red Wave that never showed. So, it will be interesting. We have a few more weeks until RDS enters the race.

Florida Legislature is meeting now. Once new rule allowing Governors to run for President and NOT give up their position passes at the end of session, RDS will be in. That is the big thing keeping him out right now, if he declares he has to step down. He and Republican Legislature are changing it this session.
FormerFlash
Back to the topic at hand, NY state statute of limitations on misdemeanors is 2 years. For felonies, it is 5. We're talking about a payment that happened in 2016, 7 years ago. This is politically motivated and there is no denying it.

A district attorney/prosecutors job is to go after criminals when a crime has been committed. We should all be fearful of people coming into office declaring they've identified the criminal and are now in search of the crime. That's not how this is supposed to work. It's backwards. It's been happening in NY for a while now. Letitia James did the same thing.

It would be one thing if Bragg had been overtly enthusiastic on prosecuting all crime and his zeal for Trump was matched by his zeal for the pursuit of all criminality, large or small. It's been the exact opposite with his office literally announcing a list of crimes they would not pursue when he took office.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-manhattan-da-alvin-bragg-crimes-not-prosecuted-changes-20220104-lmu23fwjc5dyvmdthv35tjot5e-story.html

J.R.
whiterock said:

Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

J.R. said:

Wangchung said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Redbrickbear said:

USFL
Trump Airlines
Trump Vodka
Trump Mortgage
Trump University
Trump Water
DWAC

Are we next? USA?

JR is laboring under a fallacy common to business people - that business success indicates superior aptitude for all things. Reality is, successful business people are the 5% or better. They have a hard time reconciling the reality they live in with the conceptual jungle that exists back down in the standard deviation of political understanding
nah, I'll I'm saying is that it takes some aptitude and balls. I do not measure success by $. $ is nothing more than flexibility. I value success in relationships....whether it is children , friends and partner. That is what is important.
Osodecentx
Law Enforcement Desperately Searching For Handcuffs Big Enough To Fit Trump's Very Massive, Large Hands
MANHATTAN, NY After being alerted to a possible indictment of former President Trump, law enforcement scrambled to try to find handcuffs big enough to fit his unbelievably massive hands.
"We've got nothing, chief," said Officer Rodney Campbell. "These XL won't even come close!"
Trump shocked the country by announcing his imminent arrest, giving police a mere three days to find cuffs able to hold his gorilla hands. "This is so embarrassing," said Manhattan Police Chief Dave Smalls. "I would need cuffs the size of hula hoops to fit Trump's gargantuan mitts. I'm going to be out there arresting the former President with an old rope unless my kid's shop class can come through for us."
Mr. Trump has admitted to confidantes that he is "very excited" at the possibility of being arrested. "It would be the best, most beautiful mug shot the world has ever seen," said Trump. "Those losers have no chance, I mean zero, of getting their sissy baby cuffs around these hands, believe me. It's going to be hilarious, be sure to tune in on Tuesday!"
At publishing time, Chief Campbell had reportedly attempted to call Trump to see if he would be on board for doing invisible handcuffs like other politicians do.

https://babylonbee.com/news/law-enforcement-desperately-searching-for-handcuffs-big-enough-to-fit-trumps-very-massive-large-hands
Mitch Blood Green
I missed the grift.
4th and Inches
So.. maybe they arresting him on west coast time?
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches

–Horace

4th and Inches

–Horace

whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Law Enforcement Desperately Searching For Handcuffs Big Enough To Fit Trump's Very Massive, Large Hands
MANHATTAN, NY After being alerted to a possible indictment of former President Trump, law enforcement scrambled to try to find handcuffs big enough to fit his unbelievably massive hands.
"We've got nothing, chief," said Officer Rodney Campbell. "These XL won't even come close!"
Trump shocked the country by announcing his imminent arrest, giving police a mere three days to find cuffs able to hold his gorilla hands. "This is so embarrassing," said Manhattan Police Chief Dave Smalls. "I would need cuffs the size of hula hoops to fit Trump's gargantuan mitts. I'm going to be out there arresting the former President with an old rope unless my kid's shop class can come through for us."
Mr. Trump has admitted to confidantes that he is "very excited" at the possibility of being arrested. "It would be the best, most beautiful mug shot the world has ever seen," said Trump. "Those losers have no chance, I mean zero, of getting their sissy baby cuffs around these hands, believe me. It's going to be hilarious, be sure to tune in on Tuesday!"
At publishing time, Chief Campbell had reportedly attempted to call Trump to see if he would be on board for doing invisible handcuffs like other politicians do.

https://babylonbee.com/news/law-enforcement-desperately-searching-for-handcuffs-big-enough-to-fit-trumps-very-massive-large-hands

Hilarious
BearFan33
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hush-money-grand-jury-proceedings-canceled-wednesday-sources-say

on hold for now
Wangchung
BearFan33 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hush-money-grand-jury-proceedings-canceled-wednesday-sources-say

on hold for now
Have to see how long they can drag it out. The democrat mantra is stolen from the police of yesterday; "You might beat the wrap but you cannot beat the ride."
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

BearFan33 said:

on hold for now
Have to see how long they can drag it out. The democrat mantra is stolen from the police of yesterday; "You might beat the wrap but you cannot beat the ride."
At least until 2024...
fubar
You guys are precious. Arresting Trump now would be the end of the nation as we know it. Not arresting him now is even worse.

Give until it hurts!

P.S. Did anybody get the Trump NFT with him wearing the orange prison jump suit? That one will be worth a fortune.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.