(Not) Born This Way

15,895 Views | 313 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by quash
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BusyTarpDuster2017
quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

[This is but one example of what I mean when I say that the Left is postliberal, but won't admit it. Another example: the way it forbids free speech in places where free speech must be allowed (that is, college campuses, as opposed to elementary school classrooms).

Watch this stunning clip from Billboard Chris, featuring a female student at the Portland State University campus who is reduced to tears out of fear of what will happen to her there because she dares to question the transgender dogmas. Chris also has video of himself being violently assaulted by a tall male who claims to be a woman, and who tried to steal Chris's phone. Turns out that that male is an adjunct faculty member at the university. Nothing will happen to these people. Portland State, like many American colleges, is of the postliberal Left.

The most horrifying thing that the postliberal Left is doing is lining up the state to seize children from parents who refuse to allow others to sexually mutilate, through chemistry and surgery, the kids. This is happening in state after state and the media coverage reflects approval of this totalitarian process. And now, one of the leading medical professionals on transgender medicine for children, is saying wait for it that nonverbal autistic children can consent to having their sex changed.

In cases like this, the Left is not only postliberal, but actually totalitarian. It's monstrous!] -Rod Dreher

I saw that video yesterday in a tweet. By Peter Boghossian. A liberal academic.

He was calling out that clown.

I have been saying this for years but I will say it again: while you rail at the craziness of the left you are doing far, far less than those liberals who get in the trenches to oppose the craziness.
What more are these liberals in the trenches doing to oppose the craziness of the left, other than similarly railing at it?
Redbrickbear
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

[This is but one example of what I mean when I say that the Left is postliberal, but won't admit it. Another example: the way it forbids free speech in places where free speech must be allowed (that is, college campuses, as opposed to elementary school classrooms).

Watch this stunning clip from Billboard Chris, featuring a female student at the Portland State University campus who is reduced to tears out of fear of what will happen to her there because she dares to question the transgender dogmas. Chris also has video of himself being violently assaulted by a tall male who claims to be a woman, and who tried to steal Chris's phone. Turns out that that male is an adjunct faculty member at the university. Nothing will happen to these people. Portland State, like many American colleges, is of the postliberal Left.

The most horrifying thing that the postliberal Left is doing is lining up the state to seize children from parents who refuse to allow others to sexually mutilate, through chemistry and surgery, the kids. This is happening in state after state and the media coverage reflects approval of this totalitarian process. And now, one of the leading medical professionals on transgender medicine for children, is saying wait for it that nonverbal autistic children can consent to having their sex changed.

In cases like this, the Left is not only postliberal, but actually totalitarian. It's monstrous!] -Rod Dreher

I have been saying this for years but I will say it again: while you rail at the craziness of the left you are doing far, far less than those liberals who get in the trenches to oppose the craziness.
What more are these liberals in the trenches doing to oppose the craziness of the left, other than similarly railing at it?
Its hard for any of them to stand up against it....but once it a while some try.

[Shawn Thierry: Profile In Courage

A fancy lawyer friend sent me this clip of Texas state Rep. Shawn Thierry, a black Houston Democrat and a devout Christian, making a speech in the state legislature explaining why she voted to ban surgical and chemical interventions to transition minors to the opposite sex. It's a sober, careful, and courageous speech a real model. Rep. Thierry speaks with barely banked emotion, but also with clear reason, explaining why it is dangerous and unjust to allow children, who aren't considered old enough to buy cigarettes or get tattoos because of their brain development, to choose permanent alteration of their bodies.
She says just past the 9:30 point that she was berated with vicious social media attacks, some of them racist, by trans advocates to intimidate her into opposing the legislation. Thierry says that privately, some lawmakers told her they favor the bill, but are too afraid of the backlash from activists. Quoting Scripture, she said that God has not given us a spirit of fear. Watch:

Rep. Thierry could have simply abstained from voting, given that the bill was going to pass anyway in the Republican-controlled state lege. But she didn't do that. She took a stand. And now the ghouls are howling.

The (white male Republican) lawyer friend who sent it to me said he has seen loads of white, male, Chamber of Commerce Republican types who are gutless on the trans issue, and who ought to be ashamed of themselves by the display of bravery and principle by Rep. Thierry, a woman of faith.] -Rod Dreher
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Its hard for any of them to stand up against it....but once it a while some try.

[Shawn Thierry: Profile In Courage

A fancy lawyer friend sent me this clip of Texas state Rep. Shawn Thierry, a black Houston Democrat and a devout Christian, making a speech in the state legislature explaining why she voted to ban surgical and chemical interventions to transition minors to the opposite sex. It's a sober, careful, and courageous speech a real model. Rep. Thierry speaks with barely banked emotion, but also with clear reason, explaining why it is dangerous and unjust to allow children, who aren't considered old enough to buy cigarettes or get tattoos because of their brain development, to choose permanent alteration of their bodies.
She says just past the 9:30 point that she was berated with vicious social media attacks, some of them racist, by trans advocates to intimidate her into opposing the legislation. Thierry says that privately, some lawmakers told her they favor the bill, but are too afraid of the backlash from activists. Quoting Scripture, she said that God has not given us a spirit of fear. Watch:

Rep. Thierry could have simply abstained from voting, given that the bill was going to pass anyway in the Republican-controlled state lege. But she didn't do that. She took a stand. And now the ghouls are howling.

The (white male Republican) lawyer friend who sent it to me said he has seen loads of white, male, Chamber of Commerce Republican types who are gutless on the trans issue, and who ought to be ashamed of themselves by the display of bravery and principle by Rep. Thierry, a woman of faith.] -Rod Dreher
well said
Redbrickbear

[read what Alexandra Kollontai, a leading Bolshevik, wrote in 1920 about the necessity to smash traditional family norms. This in particular:
Quote:

Just as housework withers away, so the obligations of parents to their children wither away gradually until finally society assumes the full responsibility. … Communist society considers the social education of the rising generation to be one of the fundamental aspects of the new life. The old family, narrow and petty, where the parents quarrel and are only interested in their own offspring, is not capable of educating the "new person". The playgrounds, gardens, homes and other amenities where the child will spend the greater part of the day under the supervision of qualified educators will, on the other hand, offer an environment in which the child can grow up a conscious communist who recognises the need for solidarity, comradeship, mutual help and loyalty to the collective.
In the very same essay, Kollontai denies that the Communist state is trying to destroy the family, even though the entire essay proposes exactly that. Sound familiar? You must surely be tired of hearing me say it, but this is exactly why people who came to the West escaping Soviet communism say that they are now witnessing the emergence of a new form of totalitarianism. ]- Rod Dreher
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
I am shocked not shocked at this odd article about Megan Fox.

"Body dysmorphic disorder, or BDD, is a mental health condition. It's defined as an obsession with a perceived flaw in physical appearance one that is usually imperceptible to others.

BDD, which shares similarities with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), can cause severe distress to those who struggle with it. One form, known as muscle dysmorphia, more often affects men.

The disorder can harm people's mental health and self-esteem. Many with body dysmorphia also struggle with anxiety, depression and even suicidal ideation.

Ramani Durvasula, a clinical psychologist in Los Angeles, said it is important to note that body dysmorphia is not the same thing as an eating disorder, which is a preoccupation specifically with body shape and weight and typically leads to eating, exercising and other compensatory behaviors.

Also, the preoccupation is not because of a noticeable deformity or malformation such as a large scar. "It's the idea that this perceived defect is usually quite minor compared to the amount of distress and preoccupation it's causing," Durvasula said. ...

BDD is treatable, though it cannot be cured. Treatment options differ for each patient, but health-care providers tend to recommend a combination of cognitive behavioral therapies and medication.

"We try to teach people to identify what are their thoughts and how they can challenge the distortions in their thinking," Kearney-Cooke said.

In cases involving additional mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression, medications may be added to the treatment plan."

Odd that body image would be diagnosed as a mental disorder. Next they're going to claim anorexia is a mental illness.
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Can you share a specific, measurable impact they have had? I appreciate the fact there are five liberals that stood up against the regressive fascists, but can you specifically share what policies they have changed?

Hard to quantify, but if you'd prefer that this policies go unopposed...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Can you share a specific, measurable impact they have had? I appreciate the fact there are five liberals that stood up against the regressive fascists, but can you specifically share what policies they have changed?

Hard to quantify, but if you'd prefer that this policies go unopposed...

That sums up most of your positions.

Has the governor of Texas banned TikTok yet? I keep hearing about people still using it.
Harrison Bergeron
Why do so many celebrate giving kids over to pedophiles.
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

Why are states regulating drag queen reading hours at libraries and not the people far more likely to groom and assault? We know who is much more likely to sexually abuse kids: men who work in churches.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Why are states regulating drag queen reading hours at libraries and not the people far more likely to groom and assault? We know who is much more likely to sexually abuse kids: men who work in churches.

I assume you got that line from the fedora wearing prog. atheists on reddit? lol

The data actually shows that public school teachers and employees have a far far higher rate of of sexual abuse, sexual assault, and sexual grooming violations of children than say Catholic Priests.

[Consider the statistics: In accordance with a requirement of President Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, in 2002 the Department of Education carried out a study of sexual abuse in the school system.

Hofstra University researcher Charol Shakeshaft looked into the problem, and the first thing that came to her mind when Education Week reported on the study were the daily headlines about the Catholic Church.

"Think the Catholic Church has a problem?" she said. "The physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."]

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

Similar data also shows college campuses as a hot spot for sexual abuse and sexual assault violations. Higher academia in the USA being a notoriously secular, progressive, and even anti-religious environment.
Redbrickbear
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Just google public schools and sexual abuse

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-05-19/yucaipa-high-teacher-of-the-year-accused-of-having-sex-with-a-student

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/05/22/teacher-jailed-for-sex-with-students-acted-inappropriately-with-other-boys/
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Why do liberals have a need for drag queen shows to be done in front of children?

Why do liberal gay teachers have the need to "come out" to their 2nd grade class?
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

link?
Osodecentx
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Church personnel who abuse kids are violating criminal and civil laws.
Redbrickbear
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Why do liberals have a need for drag queen shows to be done in front of children?

Why do liberal gay teachers have the need to "come out" to their 2nd grade class?

Very very very good question.

Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

In your mind did it read like an intelligent response when you posted it? Did Greg Abbott ban TikTok yet?
Redbrickbear
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

I am so old I remember when feminists and leftists did not like FGM.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Yep, and yet they don't get banned from libraries.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Let's see the libertarian law to stop that evil
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

You have that completely backwards. Libertarians oppose restrictions on drag.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming it's about protecting kids. It's plainly not.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of claiming it's about protecting kids. It's plainly not.

Is there anything, in your opinion, from which children should be protected? Child porn? Human trafficking? Sexual relations with adults?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Is there anything, in your opinion, from which children should be protected? Child porn? Human trafficking? Sexual relations with adults?

I'm sure he would say "racism"
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

You mean prison libraries?
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

They're actually required access to libraries.

Marange v. Fontenot 1995
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm sure he would say "racism"

I accept your surrender
Redbrickbear
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

Africa may end up being the last sane place on the planet.

Odd that suddenly the regressives support cultural appropriation and imperialism.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.