Trump Indicted

19,105 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Link to indictment and lmao its a farce. Same exact offense listed 34 times, just different dates

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-Indictment.pdf
I am not a criminal attorney, but based on my review, this is even weaker than I suspected. They don't identify the underlying criminal conduct that make this charge a felony, other than to say Trump violated "state and federal election laws." That means, as was reported last week, they're going to try and spin this into a felony by saying it was a campaign finance violation - one of the weakest routes they can take.

Now I know why they wanted the indictment sealed. There is no bombshell allegation. It's so weak, I suspect they wanted to avoid the criticism of it going public.

As suspected, this has "political prosecution" written all over it.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Link to indictment and lmao its a farce. Same exact offense listed 34 times, just different dates

https://www.manhattanda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-Indictment.pdf
I am not a criminal attorney, but based on my review, this is even weaker than I suspected. They don't identify the underlying criminal conduct that make this charge a felony, other than to say Trump violated "state and federal election laws." That means, as was reported last week, they're going to try and spin this into a felony by saying it was a campaign finance violation - one of the weakest routes they can take.

Now I know why they wanted the indictment sealed. There is no bombshell allegation. It's so weak, I suspect they wanted to avoid the criticism of it going public.

Please tell me those quotes are massively out of context.
4th and Inches
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

hard to trust anything on TV or internet.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

Losing the Lottery is most probable. Multiple judges in multiple cases with completely different claims by completely different people all coming to the exact same finding is as improbable as winning fifty lotteries.
Trump's own lawyers have said under oath their claims were BS.
I rather think the actual words were different, but I am sure you heard what you wanted.

They outright said in some cases they had no evidence of their claims. Im sure you heard "yet."
Check the thread title.

Maybe move on?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Nope, watch the video
Mothra
Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

So we are supposed to assume he committed campaign finance violations?

Amateur hour.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

Losing the Lottery is most probable. Multiple judges in multiple cases with completely different claims by completely different people all coming to the exact same finding is as improbable as winning fifty lotteries.
I rather think the actual words were different, but I am sure you heard what you wanted.

They outright said in some cases they had no evidence of their claims. Im sure you heard "yet."
Check the thread title.

Maybe move on?

Democracy is worth a post on the internet here and there. Nothing on this earth that would make it "worth it" to ignore America deniers.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

Wangchung said:

Check the thread title.

Maybe move on?

Democracy is worth a post on the internet here and there. Nothing on this earth that would make it "worth it" to ignore America deniers.
Cool story, bro.

You belong to QAnon now?
ATL Bear
I can't believe we are at this point. Keep pushing the insurrection narrative. Political opponents become political enemies in that world, and this is where the slippery slope goes.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
My wife told me years ago, "Donald Trump may be a pompous, arrogant ass, but the man truly loves our country." She is right.

I am still all in for DeSantis, but Donald Trump is a solid #2. (Pun intended)
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
riflebear
It's crazy that they want the next appearance to be early Dec. They know they won't win so they just want to keep it in the news as long as possible leading up to the election.

Another attorney said these cases against Trump won't be decided until after the election then he could just pardon himself. What a cluster
riflebear
I want Trump out of politics and I knew this was a sham but had no idea how political this really was. Read this thread about Biden's #3 guy at the DOJ that went to work with the Manhattan DA to make up this case. He's as dirty and liberal as they come.

4th and Inches
Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Amateur hour.
same one 34 times..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Porteroso
We will see what happens. Is there actually anyone who thinks Trump didn't violate the law with campaign finances?

And the guy spent his 4 years antagonizing the shot out of Democrats. I have no idea what else anyone expected. New York was investigating him constantly.
Jack Bauer
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

We will see what happens. Is there actually anyone who thinks Trump didn't violate the law with campaign finances?

And the guy spent his 4 years antagonizing the shot out of Democrats. I have no idea what else anyone expected. New York was investigating him constantly.
his campaign probably did do campaign finance violations, just like every other politician out there.. AOC didnt get arrested for hers. Clinton didnt get arrested for his. Other clinton didnt get arrested for hers. Etc..

Its a finable violation, the rest of this nonsense is not needed.

–Horace

Oldbear83
Porteroso: " Is there actually anyone who thinks Trump didn't violate the law with campaign finances"

The FEC said there was no crime, and they actually have jurisdiction in federal election crimes.

Three years of looking by Trump haters while he was President also failed to produce any evidence of a crime.

John Edwards' case already stands as precedent in Trump's favor.

Frankly, while you are free to think poorly of Trump's morals with regard to his personal affairs, there really is no substance to the charges, and only a Trump-hating DA with a Trump-hating judge in a city that hates Trump would produce an indictment, even so thin and flimsy as this one.
BluesBear
We sure the DA and the Judge will still be alive come December?
whitetrash
BluesBear said:

We sure the DA and the Judge will still be alive come December?

More likely to be the case with trump as defendant than Clinton.
Oldbear83
4th and Inches said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Mothra said:

Doc Holliday said:

Amateur hour.
same one 34 times..
Maybe the DA stuttered while reciting the charge?
Redbrickbear
Sam Lowry
TRUMP: I'll make America a banana republic again. No one can twist the law and get away with it like me.

BRAGG: Hold my beer.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Doesn't matter what you and I believe. The point is that violations of federal campaign finance laws are not even in Bragg's power to prosecute as a district attorney. Yet in order to convict, Bragg will need to prove Trump tried to conceal federal campaign finance violations that he has not been charged with and that are not actually named in the indictment. It's absolutely absurd banana republic bull *****

Regardless of how one feels about trump, we should all be concerned with what's happening in New York.
J.R.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

My wife told me years ago, "Donald Trump may be a pompous, arrogant ass, but the man truly loves our country." She is right.

That SoB does not love "our country". He loves him and nothing else. Tell your wife that grifters gonna grift!
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

That SoB does not love "our country". He loves him and nothing else. Tell your wife that grifters gonna grift!

You think he is more of a grifter than the people who run the Democratic Party or the GOP?
J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

You think he is more of a grifter than the people who run the Democratic Party or the GOP?
yes, 100%
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

yes, 100%

You're naive
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Cobretti said:

So most Americans are in favor of political prosecutions as well.

What should be the procedure for holding politicians accountable for possibly criminal behavior?

First, use one standard regardless of politics. Hillary Clinton paid a fine for essentially the same offense, for example.

Jon Edwards was found not guilty for very much the same thing back in 2009.

Just to name two obvious examples.

Neither of those are exactly on point legally but each shows that what is happening to Trump is not unprecedented. And I do not see a different standard at work: they were charged, same as Trump.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Doesn't matter what you and I believe. The point is that violations of federal campaign finance laws are not even in Bragg's power to prosecute as a district attorney. Yet in order to convict, Bragg will need to prove Trump tried to conceal federal campaign finance violations that he has not been charged with and that are not actually named in the indictment. It's absolutely absurd banana republic bull *****

Regardless of how one feels about trump, we should all be concerned with what's happening in New York.

He had to charge the cover-up as the acts being covered are barred by limitations. It's basic prosecution.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
4th and Inches
quash said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

He had to charge the cover-up as the acts being covered are barred by limitations. It's basic prosecution.

prosecuting the cover-up of a crime that is past the statute of limitation's is a horridly weak case.

The humor is every time the DAs office leaks stuff to the press, they're committing the same level felony that Trump is being prosecuted for..

–Horace

Mothra
quash said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

To the contrary, he didn't have to do anything. He chose to try to seek an indictment of something unprecedented, and without solid legal footing. And now he's got to prove that a federal crime occurred many years ago to prove his case, despite lacking the jurisdiction to prosecute same..

There's nothing basic about it. But good to know you're cool with political prosecutions.
Mothra
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Mothra said:

Cobretti said:

So most Americans are in favor of political prosecutions as well.

What should be the procedure for holding politicians accountable for possibly criminal behavior?

First, use one standard regardless of politics. Hillary Clinton paid a fine for essentially the same offense, for example.

Jon Edwards was found not guilty for very much the same thing back in 2009.

Just to name two obvious examples.

Neither of those are exactly on point legally but each shows that what is happening to Trump is not unprecedented. And I do not see a different standard at work: they were charged, same as Trump.

Campaign finance violations, and what Trump has been charged with are two very different things. A district attorney trying to prosecute a campaign finance violation on which limitations have long since passed in state court by using a state court misdemeanor claim that turns the misdemeanor violation into a felony is indeed unprecedented, and quite different from what Edwards and Clinton went through.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

4th and Inches said:

RMF5630 said:

chriscbear said:

Dems cheated via massive mail in votes in Atlanta etc. The participation rate of registered voters in Atlanta etc , all heavy Dem districts, was like 88%. Normally its like 55% to 57%. This can't be. So however they CHEATED. Cleavlend had a voter participation rate of like 56% in 2020. So however they cheated, they cheated. They tried to mailout 2.2 million ballots in Harris County, TX. Ken Paxton put a stop to it via the courts.
Yet, there does not seem to be proof 3 years later. Everything you say MAY be true, nothing has turned up to support that it really happened. Even Trump with all his money has noting credible. On the voting machines FOX is being sued and the case has been approved to go forward.

I agree that States did not follow their rules and vote harvesting, extended periods and drop boxes influenced the outcome. But there has been nothing credible to indicate those votes were fraudulent.

Or, the WHOLE Nation is in on a conspiracy against Trump and hiding the truth. The Dems, GOP, Green Party, Courts, Congress, State Legislatures, Federal Law Enforcement, State Law Enforcement, All Supervisors of Elections, every media (domestic and international) except FOX.

All those people are in co-hoots to make sure that Biden wins and poor Donald loses?????

As some point, all of us have to look at the peer reviewed data and say we lost. If it was true at least one State something would have stuck by now!

We ran the wrong candidate and A LARGE percentage over 80 million did not like Trump. We are not talking "W" or Bill Clinton who even if you disagreed with their politics are likeable. Trump is one of the most unlikable people on the Planet, disliked universally. And that is going to be our Candidate the GOP will fight for till the end. Just DO NOT get it. Move on.
counting votes that are not in accordance with state rules are fraudulent votes.

Few want to challenge the way is was done but the ones that have challenged so far have been successful in proving that votes were incorrectly counted. Rules have been changed in places because of it.

Call it election fraud, call it election law violations, call it whatever.. it happened, there is proof it happened and it some places, it will happen again.

It changes nothing.

No, they are not fraudulent. They may not be allowed but they are someone's vote. That is not fraud. They are not fake, duplicate or created, they are a person's vote. There is a level of fraud in every election. There is no evidence that fraud occurred in 2020 any more than normal.

Get over it, Trump lost. After all the speculation can you link us to just one State where there is credible evidence fraud threw the election to Biden. You can't, it doesn't exist. All we have is tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.

Trump lost and will lose again if we are stupid enough to run him.

yes, the election was decided by fraud. Rejected ballot rate in NY primary? 5%. Reject rate in general? 0.000% In blue counties in swing states, every single ballot that arrived was counted, whether it matched legal requirements or not. In AZ, GA, WI, etc....the key swing states, that was the difference.

We will be doing that this go-around, no matter who is our candidate.

Do you believe Trump would n the 2020 election?

If we apply the same primary reject rate to general election ballots in blue counties, it's a mathematical certainty.

Remember, the actual margin of victory was a 5-digit number spread across three states. These elections are being decided in a very small number of very large blue counties.

"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do."
-Joseph Stalin

Fill the blue ecosystem with ballots. Work hard to get them cast. Count them all. 100%.
Very simple business model
Almost foolproof.
Until the other side starts doing the same.

The red counties will have to step up. Fill the ecosystem with ballots. Work hard to get them cast. COUNT EVERY ONE (just like the other side does).

It's going to be quite a spectacle when Republicans get busted for doing all the things they imagine Democrats did in 2016.
and then it will be illegal for both sides.
whiterock
Porteroso said:

Explain how he did.
(hint: you can't).

Am also amused to see the inference that antagonizing Democrats justifies unremitting lawfare. One of the oldest rules of combat is - line of sight is reciprocal. Otherwise known by the public as "you reap what you sow."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.