How To Get To Heaven When You Die

845,877 Views | 6658 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by BusyTarpDuster2017
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

xfrodobagginsx said:

BusyTarpDuster vs Oldbear83:

Let's see who really practices true Biblical Christianity:

I ask you both, How Exactly Does A Man Get To Heaven When He Dies?



Frodo, we never got to hear your verdict. Your question was an excellent test to see who is representing true, biblical Christianity. You've read both OldBear's and my answer to your question. What is your assessment?


I need you both to copy and paste your answers again. They are buried behind a mountain of debate.


I will say this. Salvation is all about FAITH alone in Jesus Christ and what HE did on the cross to pay for your sins.
Romans 10:9,10-13 is the way of Salvation.

"that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. "
Romans 10:9-10, 13

The prayer that I list, sums this all up to the Lord. Here is the prayer:

"Dear Lord Jesus I know that I am a sinner and need you to save me. I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as the Sacrifice for my sins. I turn to You as the only way of Salvation, I submit my life to you, I submit my will to yours, I place my Faith and Trust in You alone as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen."

To your question, "How exactly does a person get to Heaven when he dies?",

OldBear's response was:

"I think we can trust the Bible to tell us what someone is like, who walks rightly with God.

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Matthew 5:44

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' "This is the first and greatest commandment. "And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself'." - Matthew 22:37-39

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law" - Galatians 5:22-23

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" - Ephesians 4:32

The way is made clear."



My response was:

"A person goes to heaven when they die, if in their heart they believe in the testimony of the gospel, given to us through the inspired word of God - that Jesus was sent by God, that he was crucified and died for our sins, that he was truly dead and buried, and that he was raised from the dead and now is alive for all eternity with the authority as Lord; and that they place their faith and trust in Jesus' promise that if they believe in him and in what he did, he Jesus will raise them to eternal life as well, to be with God forever.


So what's your verdict?
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Adding the part BTD left out from my post, which is pertinent to this matter:

" I found it odd that you seemed to phrase this as a contest to see who is, what, the better Christian or the 'real' Christian? I think that even though we disagree on many points, BusyTarpDuster would agree that spreading the Gospel is not a competition, nor are we to focus on personal scoreboards. Our Lord desires that everyone who can be saved, will be so, and each of us serve according to God's will and our obedience.

Next, I must say it's odd to hear a Christian talk about Heaven as a 'someday' destination, when Christ plainly told us,

"Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst." Luke 17:20-21

So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price."

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

Adding the part BTD left out from my post, which is pertinent to this matter:

" I found it odd that you seemed to phrase this as a contest to see who is, what, the better Christian or the 'real' Christian? I think that even though we disagree on many points, BusyTarpDuster would agree that spreading the Gospel is not a competition, nor are we to focus on personal scoreboards. Our Lord desires that everyone who can be saved, will be so, and each of us serve according to God's will and our obedience.

Next, I must say it's odd to hear a Christian talk about Heaven as a 'someday' destination, when Christ plainly told us,

"Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is in your midst." Luke 17:20-21

So often people seem to miss that the blessings of being a follower of Christ start as soon as you accept Him. God hears prayers and answers them, and having the counsel of the Holy Spirit is a resource beyond price."



You really have comprehension issues. Nothing in that part is pertinent to your attempted answer to the question.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It certainly is pertinent. Your response is interesting as well, in that context.

I think Frodo's silence right now is appropriate.
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

It certainly is pertinent. Your response is interesting as well, in that context.

I think Frodo's silence right now is appropriate.

First of all, Frodo wasn't silent. He actually already answered our posts, separately. He pretty much said yours was wrong and mine was correct. I figured that got lost in the pile of comments that followed, so for sake of clarity I requested that he make the comparison clear.

Secondly, no, that part of your comment was not pertinent. If you think so, then explain how.
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If that were true, you would not have that post on this page asking for Frodo's "verdict".

BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

If that were true, you would not have that post on this page asking for Frodo's "verdict".



I explained all that in my comment. He didn't offer the comparative verdict between our responses, he only responded to them individually. You really have comprehension issues.

And are you saying that it's NOT true?
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have answered you.

You have thrown a tantrum, yet again.

I noted your inconsistency, to which you again threw a fit.

Small wonder Frodo is staying out.


BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

I have answered you.

You have thrown a tantrum, yet again.

I noted your inconsistency, to which you again threw a fit.

Small wonder Frodo is staying out.




Whether Frodo stays out of his own test to see which of us is representing true biblicial Christianity, is up to him. But if he does, it would be a tremendous disservice to you.

There hasn't been any "tantrum" or "fit". Everyone knows this is what you resort to when you can't argue your point. I hope one day you realize how silly this makes you look.

As far as "inconsistency", what exactly is it you're referring to? Because that makes absolutely no sense. Am I expecting too much from you by thinking I'm going to get a cogent explanation? Judging by your failure to explain why your post was "pertinent", I have a strong feeling that I am.
First Page Refresh
Page 191 of 191 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.