Why Are We in Ukraine?

174,690 Views | 3974 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Sam Lowry
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear

Realitybites
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/mate-what-10-years-us-meddlingiin-ukraine-have-wrought-spoiler-alert-not-democracy

A very long article that explains it point by point.

"Over the last decade, Ukraine has been the battleground in a proxy war between the U.S. and Russia a conflict massively escalated by the Kremlin's invasion in 2022. The fight erupted in early 2014, when Biden and his team, then serving in the Obama administration, supported the overthrow of Ukraine's elected president, Viktor Yanukovych. Leveraging billions of dollars in U.S. assistance, Washington has shaped the personnel and policies of subsequent Ukrainian governments, all while expanding its military and intelligence presence in Ukraine via the CIA and NATO. During this period, Ukraine has not become an independent self-sustaining democracy, but a client state heavily dependent on European and U.S. support, which has not protected it from the ravages of war.

The Biden-Obama team's meddling in Ukraine has also had a boomerang effect at home.

As well-connected Washington Beltway insiders such as Hunter Biden have exploited it for personal enrichment, Ukraine has become a source of foreign interference in the U.S. political system with questions of unsavory dealings arising in the 2016 and 2020 elections as well as the first impeachment of Donald Trump. After years of secrecy, CIA sources have only recently confirmed that Ukrainian intelligence helped generate the Russian interference allegations that engulfed Trump's presidency. House Democrats' initial attempt to impeach Trump, undertaken in the fall of 2019, came in response to his efforts to scrutinize Ukraine's Russiagate connection.

This account of U.S. interference in Ukraine, which can be traced to fateful decisions made by the Obama administration, including then-Vice President Biden and his top aides, is based on often overlooked public disclosures. It also relies on the personal testimony of Andrii Telizhenko, a former Ukrainian diplomat and Democratic Party-tied political consultant who worked closely with U.S. officials to promote regime change in Ukraine.

Although he once welcomed Washington's influence in Ukraine, Telizhenko now takes a different view. "I'm a Ukrainian who knew how Ukraine was 30 years ago, and what it became today," he says. "For me, it's a total failed state." In his view, Ukraine has been "used directly by the United States to fight a [proxy] war with Russia" and "as a rag to make money for people like Biden and his family.""
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Move out of Germany if they don't want us. Poland definitely does. They will actually pay their share.

Germany, the land of my ancestors, is about to become an Islamic Caliphate bcs you fools continue to support our Zionist government which has no interest in preserving the people, history, and culture of the continent.

We could send money and arms to the German nationalist party like we do with Israel and they could go postal on the Islamic fundamentalist like we encourage Israel to do.

America is responsible for destroying Europe... white American men need to group up and immulate the Jews ASAP to save Europe and America.

Just need the Horst-Wessel-Lied playing in the background. Your there...

Ok...?

What's your point?

That present day Germans deserve to suffer and lose their country because of your sick revenge fantasies?
You cannot blanketly blame one group of people as a whole and be taken seriously. Actually, you will be taken as a bigot.

You do realize that there has been migration and immigration in Europe for thousands of years. Germany as a Nation did not even exist until the 1870's and was put together from Regional kingdoms. Hamburg and Bavaria are culturally different. Saarland was French and became German in1957. Now Strasburg is still German or are they French? They have been both numerous times. There is no one German culture, just like there is no one American Culture, Texas and NY are as different as you can get.

Don't see how you can blame one set of people. Bad policies? Ok. I get that. But, I know Jews that are stronger Americans than some people on here and they have only been here since the 1980's. My Grandfather was from Prague came in his 20's, loved America more than anything else. Wouldn't allow Czech to be spoken in his house. Sorry, it is not a group of people, it is the individual. But, I am sure I am a RINO, Neo-Com, Liberal, UniParty... What other ones are there?
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Move out of Germany if they don't want us. Poland definitely does. They will actually pay their share.

Germany, the land of my ancestors, is about to become an Islamic Caliphate bcs you fools continue to support our Zionist government which has no interest in preserving the people, history, and culture of the continent.

We could send money and arms to the German nationalist party like we do with Israel and they could go postal on the Islamic fundamentalist like we encourage Israel to do.

America is responsible for destroying Europe... white American men need to group up and immulate the Jews ASAP to save Europe and America.

Just need the Horst-Wessel-Lied playing in the background. Your there...

Ok...?

What's your point?

That present day Germans deserve to suffer and lose their country because of your sick revenge fantasies?
You cannot blanketly blame one group of people as a whole and be taken seriously. Actually, you will be taken as a bigot.

You do realize that there has been migration and immigration in Europe for thousands of years. Germany as a Nation did not even exist until the 1870's and was put together from Regional kingdoms. Hamburg and Bavaria are culturally different. Saarland was French and became German in1957. Now Strasburg is still German or are they French? They have been both numerous times. There is no one German culture, just like there is no one American Culture, Texas and NY are as different as you can get.

Don't see how you can blame one set of people. Bad policies? Ok. I get that. But, I know Jews that are stronger Americans than some people on here and they have only been here since the 1980's. My Grandfather was from Prague came in his 20's, loved America more than anything else. Wouldn't allow Czech to be spoken in his house. Sorry, it is not a group of people, it is the individual. But, I am sure I am a RINO, Neo-Com, Liberal, UniParty... What other ones are there?

Actually I concede you are correct.

If you go back and look at some of the footage from around WW2 you can see how vibrant and distinct all of the various cultures within Germany really were.

There is a documentary called "The Third Reich in Colour" and in you can see the different style of dress from the various regions of the country and it's a really beautiful how diverse yet united the German people were. Despite all the superficial differences they recognized they were one people.

What's sad is how Europe used to be as diverse a place as any in the entire world, and today those distinct cultures and people are all being crushed by waves of invaders from the Middle East and Africa who offer nothing and have no culture worth recognizing.

They are destroying the diversity and uniqueness of the continent. It is sad now that a full blooded German person is more culturally and genetically linked to someone from Norway, Netherlands, or Scotland than most of the people in their own country.

They have destroyed what made Europe unique and beautiful and today Germany, France, Italy have all become more squalid, less cultured, and just all around uglier, less civilized countries.

I blame America and the EU for allowing it to happen. And I will always go back to the Serbs as an example of what our country did when the native people of Europe got together and tried to defend themselves.

Instead of supporting them as we do with Israel, we dropped bombs on them.

Imagine how upset you all would be if we dropped bombs on the IDF right now and aided Hamas.

That is what we did to the Europeans, specifically the Serbs.
boognish_bear
Sam Lowry
The Russians Are Rushing Reinforcements Into Their Ocheretyne Breakthrough. For The Ukrainians, The Situation Is Desperate.

David Axe
Forbes Staff
Apr 26, 2024

Six days after breaking through Ukrainian lines west of Avdiivka, Russian brigades and regiments are slowly widening their salient--a five-mile-deep knife wound plunging into Ukrainian territory, its point lodged in the village of Ocheretyne.

The situation is desperate for the exhausted Ukrainian brigades in the area. It's a foregone conclusion that the Ukrainians will lose a few villages around the Ocheretyne axis.

The real risk, however, is that the Ukrainian Tavriya Operational-Strategic Group--the command responsible for forces west of Adviivka--will have no choice but to cut its losses, retreat a few miles to the west and reconsolidate along a new defensive line threading north to southwest of Ocheretyne.

That retreat could surrender tens of square miles of territory and force hundreds of civilians to flee or resign themselves to living under brutal occupation.

Worse, the retreat--if poorly executed--would represent an opportunity for the Russians to redouble their local attacks and achieve a second, third or fourth breakthrough that could, like a chain reaction, trigger a wider Ukrainian collapse.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/04/26/the-russians-are-rushing-reinforcements-into-their-ocheretyne-breakthrough-the-situation-is-desperate-for-the-ukrainians/?sh=4cc4ed0e7223
Sam Lowry
Military briefing: Ukraine battles to hold vital stronghold Chasiv Yar
Russian forces could attempt a pincer movement to capture more land as Kyiv admits frontline situation 'has worsened'

Fabrice Deprez in Kyiv
April 30 2024

Russia is intensifying its efforts to seize Chasiv Yar, a crucial stronghold in eastern Ukraine, as exhausted and under-equipped Ukrainian brigades struggle to hold the line while waiting for US military aid.

Up to 25,000 Russian troops have been deployed near the town in recent weeks, according to a spokesperson for Ukraine's ground forces in the east. In other flashpoints along the frontline, Moscow's army is also pressing ahead, seeking to capture as much territory as it can before the arrival of western kit.

"The situation on the frontline has worsened," Ukraine's commander-in-chief General Oleksandr Syrsky said on Sunday.

A Ukrainian retreat from Chasiv Yar could jeopardise the entire defence of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, collectively known as the Donbas. Sat on top of a hill, the city provides Ukraine with one of the last natural barriers protecting important supply lines and, 30 kilometres to the north, the regional capital of Kramatorsk.

https://www.ft.com/content/01cbf434-ebd8-4acd-970b-cd772015a348
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

My friend, you have been deceived. While Putin may share some cultural beliefs with people who call themselves "Christians," he is no ally of Christianity in any way, shape or form. When you pass laws that outlaw evangelism outside of the church building, and severely restrict and penalize those who practice a faith other than the Russian Orthodoxy, that is in no way Christian. You might want to talk to some missionaries to Russia just to see how oppressive it's become.

The irony here is, you're defending a guy who is the antithesis of Christianity and democracy because he is an ally in the cultural war, yet constantly decry Trump because he's an anti-democratic despot, despite the fact he is also an ally in the cultural war and has achieved more in that battle than any Republican president before him. It's remarkable.
Evangelism is regulated, not outlawed. Russia recognizes the importance of all forms of Christianity, as well as Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism, not just Russian Orthodoxy. I disagree with many of their policies, but none of that is really relevant to the war.

I also recognize that Trump is a cultural ally and has done many good things. I'm not willing to support him any more because I actually care about democracy in this country. The irony is that you criticize others while still supporting Trump, despite his open assaults on the republic, as long as he furthers your cultural agenda.
Yes, there are a number of countries around the world that significantly impinge on Christianity in the guise of "regulation." But that wasn't the point. I took issue with your absurd position that Putin was an "ally" of Christianity. If by "ally" you mean he allows Christians to merely exist, well, sure, so long as of course they confine their beliefs to themselves and live in Russia (Ukraine is apparently a different matter altogether).

You're not willing to support Trump, but you will vociferously defend and support Putin for being a cultural ally. Is it because you are ethnocentric and only care about policies that personally affect you? Don't give a **** about the average every day Russian? We already know you couldn't give two ****s about the average Ukrainian, of course, so perhaps that's the case.

I would submit anyone who thinks there is any real danger Trump is going to overthrow democracy in our country is either a moron, or is all up in their emotions. There literally is zero chance Trump could come close to doing any of the things your little buddy Putin has done in Russia. Yet, you don't appear to care very much about winning the culture war here.
If Trump was going to end Democracy, he had four years to do it the first go-around. He was CIC of the entire military and federal apparatus. If he wanted to go full-Putin, he could have won the 2020 election 90-10, or he could have just made a few phone calls and dared anyone to throw him out.

That's not exactly true. He didn't have full control and he didn't know where the levers were.

He had "Party" control. But from day one, he didn't have the enablers he will have in a second term. He had people (generals, Secretaries of State, elected officials who checked him.

Today, he calls those people "weak", they call him dangerous.
lol. "48 months in office and he knew nothing, 4 years to learn how to prepare to suspend the Constitution and rule forever, but was clueless to pull it off. But now, after being subjected to 4 years of lawfare and no longer possessing the awesome powers of office, he knows everything and has all the right people in place to perfect a plan to destroy the Republic."

can you not see what a profoundly stupid comment that is?

I guess if you ignore the election results, ignore his words, ignore January 6, Ignore the fake electors, ignore the charges in Georgia and Arizona, Ignore the arguments in front of the Supreme Court and call everyone stupid, your position makes sense.
He broke no laws on any of those points, yet is facing highly contrived charges on some of it and a lot more unrelated to it, just because the authoritarians in power are afraid of him.
So, if he is found guilty of the charges? Appeals Courts don't overturn. Supreme Court does not agree with his attorneys. Witnesses testifying under oath and evidence presented under the rules of evidence.

He is not guilty?
Do you think OJ was innocent?
I have no idea. He was acquitted. You are saying that we should disregard Court findings because we "think" people are guilty? What is the standard of guilt? If a jury trial with rules of evidence is not good enough. We go by what the media let's us see? In the format they want us to see it?

You have no idea if OJ really killed those people or not. We can speculate, we can say we think? But, when rules of evidence were used, a jury that the accuser had a part in selecting, said they didn't think so. But we know better?

Same with Trump. We know better, we have more information than the jury selected by both sides seeing evidence that has to meet an agreed standard? You know. Really surprised an "analyst", someone that respects data as much as you post. For certain things, say "I know more" with no real access to the data. At least I am consistent, either we respect and follow our system or not.
There are more than a few legal analysts ill-disposed to Trump who have lambasted that NYC case. It's not spin to note the trial is over a misdemeanor case outside the statute of limitations bumped up to a felony ostensibly because the acts were connected to some unspecified other crime. It's not spin to note that Bragg dropped the charges years ago, and then resurrected them shortly after a senior DOJ official left the DOJ to join the NYC prosecutor staff. Who does that? A political appointee leaves a DOJ leadership position to consult on a state level prosecution? A prosecution in which the lead witness has been convicted of multiple crimes, to include perjury? A prosecution where the judge is a Biden donor whose wife worked for AG James (who literally campaigned on a pledge to 'get Trump") and whose daughter is a consultant for VP Harris. A prosecution where the jury pool is pulled from an area 90% Biden voters.

None of that is disputable. It is an incredibly unfair prosecution, which if successful will likely be overturned on appeal.

If the process wants to be respected, it must first be respectable.

Ok, he's a victim. We need to gut the US Government and start over under Trump's flag.
He most certainly is a victim of partisan prosecution. And it most certainly does illustrate a need for change. When a system shows clear partisan bias, that bias has to get fixed.

That is really the only acceptable answer here, right? Trump didn't do anything that brought these charges, no matter what the witnesses or evidence says. It is all Biden.
How blind do you have to be? Trump didn't do anything wrong in any of these cases, certainly not enough to warrant CRIMINAL prosecution. The MAP document dispute has always been settled as a civil matter. The decision to treat it as a crime is an extraordinary abuse of prosecutorial power which should alarm anyone concerned about civil liberties.

Jan 6th was a peaceful demonstration.
Mostly, it was. There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving, but it paled in comparison to the 2020 riots where cities burned by the block yet were called "mostly peaceful."

He didn't do anything in GA, even though the Republican Gov and AG said he did, really didn't happen.
Actually, if you read their statements, they did not accuse him of lawbreaking. There is nothing illegal about urging an elected official to take remedies to an obviously flawed process, nothing Trump said or did remotely deserves characterization as a massive conspiracy to commit an insurrection.

Any classified documents were planted and if one did exist, no matter what it says or who he showed, it should be ignored.
That is one defense, given clear bias of FBI, but not one I have focused on.

No matter what amount of money or how it was given to the stripper to make sure it did not show up in the 2016 election coverage is off limits.
Hate to point out to you that non-disclosure agreements are completely legal. The primary way one would be illegal would be to pay for it with campaign funds. Trump did not do that. But the prosecutors are alleging that the series of payments he did make are the functional equivalent of a campaign donation and should have been disclosed. SCOTUS has of course rejected this line of argument specifically in the John Edwards case. NY prosecutors know this, but are prosecuting anyway for the political value of it.

Creating artificial values on properties and telling that they can be developed when they can't. Didn't happen and because the Bank didn't file is a non-case.
Define "artificial." Property tax authorities have my 80ac farm valued at precisely 20% of what a realtor friend insists he could sell it for, which is about half of what it would take to make me pause for a moment to actually considering selling it before saying no. I joke that my will instructs my estate to put that farm in my casket and bury it with me. I love that place. Every square foot is a memory. I will never sell it. In one sense, that makes it priceless, and in another sense worthless. Who's guilty of a valuation crime here? What valuation do I put on my balance sheet? Tax value? Realtor BPO? What I'd actually sell it for? Zero (which would probably be closer to accurate since I am never going to sell it)?

What you're missing on the MAL value is that Trump is limited in how he can develop it, but the next owner of MAL is not. So it could easily sell for 100-300x the value imputed by the court, because the subsequent owner would not face the same constrictions. But the court made certain assumptions that boxed in the range, and then imputed criminal conduct.....just to connive a justification for a prosecution (a conviction for which will not survive appeal).

There is there is nothing that should be looked at further.
Not at all. There should be a special investigator to look at NY courts and Special Prosecutor Smith. Serious corruption going on there
your prescription for all things is to just let the Democrats run everything and do what they say to stay out of trouble.
trey3216
KaiBear said:

Realitybites said:

KaiBear said:

Do you have any reputable sources for these comments ?

Seems strange that such activities have not been blared throughout our media.

https://rumble.com/v3rz9ug-tucker-carlson-interviews-lawyer-for-ukrainian-orthodox-church.html

"Fox News journalist Tucker Carlson assessed the situation accurately: "Zelenskyy's secret police have raided monasteries across Ukraine, and even a convent full of nuns, and arrested dozens of priests for no justifiable reasons whatsoever and in clear violation of the Ukrainian Constitution, which no longer matters. And in the face of this, the Biden's administration has said nothing. Not one word. Instead, they continue to push to send Zelenskyy more tax dollars."

Carlson is absolutely right. The president, in violation of Ukrainian laws, imposed sanctions against Ukrainian bishops and then revoked the Ukrainian citizenship of some other bishops, despite the fact that this clearly contradicts the constitution.

The situation is even more absurd because the UOC is doing everything to help its people in this unjust war. According to official data, the church renders great assistance to the army, internally displaced persons, and the needy. The assistance to the army has reached nearly a million dollars, and 180 tons of humanitarian aid have been delivered for the Armed Forces of Ukraineimpressive given that people in Ukraine are not at all rich and their donations to temples are very scarce. In addition, at the UOC's main council in May 2022, it adopted a number of decisions to break off canonical spiritual ties with the ROC.

However, it seems that Zelenskyy is set to completely outlaw and destroy the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. On January 20, a bill on the de facto ban of the UOC was submitted to parliament. The initiator of the law was no ordinary parliamentarian but the prime minister, Denys Shmyhal. It marks a return to a shameful era when a state in the center of Europe intends to crack down on the religion of its own people."

It's been thoroughly documented, but state-controlled pro-LGBT media doesn't talk about it.

Sincere thanks for your effort providing this link.

However is this Tucker interview the sole source of Sam's comments including the murdering of priests ?

Seems kind of a slim reed.
What that link doesn't tell you is that the priests who were arrested have proven to be cozied up with the Russian military...providing them intelligence, aiding them in capturing Ukrainians who could help with their war effort, aiding them in kidnapping tens of thousands of Ukrainian children and relocating them to Russian soil, propelling their efforts to justify Russia's invasion, and other things that are all war crimes. The 'churches' that have been 'cracked down upon' in Ukraine are nothing more than militarized agents of Russia.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
trey3216
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

America is responsible for destroying Europe... white American men need to group up and emulate the Jews ASAP to save Europe and America.
Give all the power to the German Nationalists....what could go wrong???!!!!

Furthermore, I can't see any issues with encouraging the promotion of racial intervention!!! In Germany!!! I've never seen this movie before!!!
trey3216
Sanctions aren't working!! Russian coffers are filled and their might is undeniable!

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

My friend, you have been deceived. While Putin may share some cultural beliefs with people who call themselves "Christians," he is no ally of Christianity in any way, shape or form. When you pass laws that outlaw evangelism outside of the church building, and severely restrict and penalize those who practice a faith other than the Russian Orthodoxy, that is in no way Christian. You might want to talk to some missionaries to Russia just to see how oppressive it's become.

The irony here is, you're defending a guy who is the antithesis of Christianity and democracy because he is an ally in the cultural war, yet constantly decry Trump because he's an anti-democratic despot, despite the fact he is also an ally in the cultural war and has achieved more in that battle than any Republican president before him. It's remarkable.
Evangelism is regulated, not outlawed. Russia recognizes the importance of all forms of Christianity, as well as Judaism, Islam, and Buddhism, not just Russian Orthodoxy. I disagree with many of their policies, but none of that is really relevant to the war.

I also recognize that Trump is a cultural ally and has done many good things. I'm not willing to support him any more because I actually care about democracy in this country. The irony is that you criticize others while still supporting Trump, despite his open assaults on the republic, as long as he furthers your cultural agenda.
Yes, there are a number of countries around the world that significantly impinge on Christianity in the guise of "regulation." But that wasn't the point. I took issue with your absurd position that Putin was an "ally" of Christianity. If by "ally" you mean he allows Christians to merely exist, well, sure, so long as of course they confine their beliefs to themselves and live in Russia (Ukraine is apparently a different matter altogether).

You're not willing to support Trump, but you will vociferously defend and support Putin for being a cultural ally. Is it because you are ethnocentric and only care about policies that personally affect you? Don't give a **** about the average every day Russian? We already know you couldn't give two ****s about the average Ukrainian, of course, so perhaps that's the case.

I would submit anyone who thinks there is any real danger Trump is going to overthrow democracy in our country is either a moron, or is all up in their emotions. There literally is zero chance Trump could come close to doing any of the things your little buddy Putin has done in Russia. Yet, you don't appear to care very much about winning the culture war here.
If Trump was going to end Democracy, he had four years to do it the first go-around. He was CIC of the entire military and federal apparatus. If he wanted to go full-Putin, he could have won the 2020 election 90-10, or he could have just made a few phone calls and dared anyone to throw him out.

That's not exactly true. He didn't have full control and he didn't know where the levers were.

He had "Party" control. But from day one, he didn't have the enablers he will have in a second term. He had people (generals, Secretaries of State, elected officials who checked him.

Today, he calls those people "weak", they call him dangerous.
lol. "48 months in office and he knew nothing, 4 years to learn how to prepare to suspend the Constitution and rule forever, but was clueless to pull it off. But now, after being subjected to 4 years of lawfare and no longer possessing the awesome powers of office, he knows everything and has all the right people in place to perfect a plan to destroy the Republic."

can you not see what a profoundly stupid comment that is?

I guess if you ignore the election results, ignore his words, ignore January 6, Ignore the fake electors, ignore the charges in Georgia and Arizona, Ignore the arguments in front of the Supreme Court and call everyone stupid, your position makes sense.
He broke no laws on any of those points, yet is facing highly contrived charges on some of it and a lot more unrelated to it, just because the authoritarians in power are afraid of him.
So, if he is found guilty of the charges? Appeals Courts don't overturn. Supreme Court does not agree with his attorneys. Witnesses testifying under oath and evidence presented under the rules of evidence.

He is not guilty?
Do you think OJ was innocent?
I have no idea. He was acquitted. You are saying that we should disregard Court findings because we "think" people are guilty? What is the standard of guilt? If a jury trial with rules of evidence is not good enough. We go by what the media let's us see? In the format they want us to see it?

You have no idea if OJ really killed those people or not. We can speculate, we can say we think? But, when rules of evidence were used, a jury that the accuser had a part in selecting, said they didn't think so. But we know better?

Same with Trump. We know better, we have more information than the jury selected by both sides seeing evidence that has to meet an agreed standard? You know. Really surprised an "analyst", someone that respects data as much as you post. For certain things, say "I know more" with no real access to the data. At least I am consistent, either we respect and follow our system or not.
There are more than a few legal analysts ill-disposed to Trump who have lambasted that NYC case. It's not spin to note the trial is over a misdemeanor case outside the statute of limitations bumped up to a felony ostensibly because the acts were connected to some unspecified other crime. It's not spin to note that Bragg dropped the charges years ago, and then resurrected them shortly after a senior DOJ official left the DOJ to join the NYC prosecutor staff. Who does that? A political appointee leaves a DOJ leadership position to consult on a state level prosecution? A prosecution in which the lead witness has been convicted of multiple crimes, to include perjury? A prosecution where the judge is a Biden donor whose wife worked for AG James (who literally campaigned on a pledge to 'get Trump") and whose daughter is a consultant for VP Harris. A prosecution where the jury pool is pulled from an area 90% Biden voters.

None of that is disputable. It is an incredibly unfair prosecution, which if successful will likely be overturned on appeal.

If the process wants to be respected, it must first be respectable.

Ok, he's a victim. We need to gut the US Government and start over under Trump's flag.
He most certainly is a victim of partisan prosecution. And it most certainly does illustrate a need for change. When a system shows clear partisan bias, that bias has to get fixed.

That is really the only acceptable answer here, right? Trump didn't do anything that brought these charges, no matter what the witnesses or evidence says. It is all Biden.
How blind do you have to be? Trump didn't do anything wrong in any of these cases, certainly not enough to warrant CRIMINAL prosecution. The MAP document dispute has always been settled as a civil matter. The decision to treat it as a crime is an extraordinary abuse of prosecutorial power which should alarm anyone concerned about civil liberties.

Jan 6th was a peaceful demonstration.
Mostly, it was. There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving, but it paled in comparison to the 2020 riots where cities burned by the block yet were called "mostly peaceful."

He didn't do anything in GA, even though the Republican Gov and AG said he did, really didn't happen.
Actually, if you read their statements, they did not accuse him of lawbreaking. There is nothing illegal about urging an elected official to take remedies to an obviously flawed process, nothing Trump said or did remotely deserves characterization as a massive conspiracy to commit an insurrection.

Any classified documents were planted and if one did exist, no matter what it says or who he showed, it should be ignored.
That is one defense, given clear bias of FBI, but not one I have focused on.

No matter what amount of money or how it was given to the stripper to make sure it did not show up in the 2016 election coverage is off limits.
Hate to point out to you that non-disclosure agreements are completely legal. The primary way one would be illegal would be to pay for it with campaign funds. Trump did not do that. But the prosecutors are alleging that the series of payments he did make are the functional equivalent of a campaign donation and should have been disclosed. SCOTUS has of course rejected this line of argument specifically in the John Edwards case. NY prosecutors know this, but are prosecuting anyway for the political value of it.

Creating artificial values on properties and telling that they can be developed when they can't. Didn't happen and because the Bank didn't file is a non-case.
Define "artificial." Property tax authorities have my 80ac farm valued at precisely 20% of what a realtor friend insists he could sell it for, which is about half of what it would take to make me pause for a moment to actually considering selling it before saying no. I joke that my will instructs my estate to put that farm in my casket and bury it with me. I love that place. Every square foot is a memory. I will never sell it. In one sense, that makes it priceless, and in another sense worthless. Who's guilty of a valuation crime here? What valuation do I put on my balance sheet? Tax value? Realtor BPO? What I'd actually sell it for? Zero (which would probably be closer to accurate since I am never going to sell it)?

What you're missing on the MAL value is that Trump is limited in how he can develop it, but the next owner of MAL is not. So it could easily sell for 100-300x the value imputed by the court, because the subsequent owner would not face the same constrictions. But the court made certain assumptions that boxed in the range, and then imputed criminal conduct.....just to connive a justification for a prosecution (a conviction for which will not survive appeal).

There is there is nothing that should be looked at further.
Not at all. There should be a special investigator to look at NY courts and Special Prosecutor Smith. Serious corruption going on there
your prescription for all things is to just let the Democrats run everything and do what they say to stay out of trouble.

Nobody said that. Your's is that Trump is a victim.

He has just as many warts as Biden, but he is better on policy so I will vote for him. He is just as dangerous as Biden, just in different ways. He needs bumpers to keep him accountable as if left to him and his cronies lord knows what they will do. I fear both a retribution tour AND a total gutting of the system which is necessary to compete in the world and maintain safe operations.
The_barBEARian
trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

America is responsible for destroying Europe... white American men need to group up and emulate the Jews ASAP to save Europe and America.

Furthermore, I can't see any issues with encouraging the promotion of racial intervention!!! In Germany!!! I've never seen this movie before!!!

It's happening in Italy too... and most Italian- Americans I know are very based
trey3216
The_barBEARian said:

trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

It's happening in Italy too... and most Italian- Americans I know are very based

lol. What a comeback. Far less was done in Italy by Italians than was done by Germans. Hell, the Roman Empire was more empathetic of the human condition than anything Nationalistic Germany, or any other European nation, has ever hoped to be.

Pay your tribute and live life. Send us your vanquished does and we'll make use of them, whatever they look like. Unvanquish yourself and have a place in society.

Better than "hey, you're not pure white and pure German, you should be sent in a train car to either be gassed or burned or shot by firing squad." How quaint an existence.

You are absolutely insane man. I'm so glad you like to pick on my heritage. So "complex" of you
The_barBEARian
trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

lol. What a comeback. Far less was done in Italy by Italians than was done by Germans. Hell, the Roman Empire was more empathetic of the human condition than anything Nationalistic Germany, or any other European nation, has ever hoped to be.

Pay your tribute and live life. Send us your vanquished does and we'll make use of them, whatever they look like. Unvanquish yourself and have a place in society.

Better than "hey, you're not pure white and pure German, you should be sent in a train car to either be gassed or burned or shot by firing squad." How quaint an existence.

You are absolutely insane man. I'm so glad you like to pick on my heritage. So "complex" of you

I'm not picking on your heritage.

I like Italian Americans.

The five families were patriotic and virulent anti-communists.
The_barBEARian
trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

boognish_bear said:

Every German nationalist is a Nazi?

Despite the endless Nazi bogeyman rising again I'm
sure there are modern German nationalists who are just normal guys who love their country and don't want it to become a part of the MENA region via endless mass migration…
Redbrickbear
trey3216 said:

Sanctions aren't working!! Russian coffers are filled and their might is undeniable!

No one said the sanctions would not have an effect

The entire Western world (the richest parts of the global economy) along with Japan and South Korea are boycotting Russia

The question is are the sanctions bringing Russia to its knees?

That is what the media-security state sold us….sanctions will crush Russia and win the war.

Has that happened?

whiterock
strawman argument.

No one here has said sanctions will win the war by crushing Russia to its knees.

Sanctions drive up the costs of things, and the costs of things is a big factor in a war of attrition. The article about Gazprom is a great example. Sanctions are making it harder for Russia to maintain war-time budgets. Also well-documented that sanctions have made it difficult/impossible (depending on the system involved) for Russia to depend upon the more technologically advanced parts of its arsenal. That's an example of sanctions doing what they're supposed to do, not a failure because there's been no total collapse.

Daveisabovereproach
It's a Slavic ethnic war. For the United States part, it's a pointless war where neither side is going to accept reduced terms of victory. The reasons why we are funneling money that way are many, and I suspect none of them are about altruism or trying to "weaken Russia" (their military is larger and better funded now than it was before the war, and they have unlimited oil and gas money to fund their war machine) but rather more about lining the pockets of the various defense industries - industries that are known to have many powerful people and politicians investing in them. But as long as these politician's constituents genuinely believe that this is all done in an attempt to "defeat evil" by funding the lesser of two corrupt countries (not just talking Ukraine/Russia. The US has done this type of thing for years), this will continue to happen.
KaiBear
Anyone else notice the changes in the western media's representation of the war in Ukraine ?

Now step by step the various media outlets are preparing their audiences for Ukraine's inevitable defeat.

Shocking; gee who could have ever seen this coming ?
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

Anyone else notice the changes in the western media's representation of the war in Ukraine ?

Now by step the various media outlets are preparing their audiences for Ukraine's inevitable defeat.

Anyone who does not just buy hook, line, and sinker what the Corporate (liberal) Media complex tells them.

After the Iraq war fiasco and the Covid/BLM hysteria anyone not questioning everything they hear from the Media is beyond help.
Daveisabovereproach
KaiBear said:

Now by step the various media outlets are preparing their audiences for Ukraine's inevitable defeat.

I've noticed this as well. There's already a weird lost cause narrative being formed that basically claims "Ukraine would've won if the US (because of course, it's always the US' job to be the world's Daddy Warbucks) had just given them a few more billion, but the Republicans wanted Russia to win" or something like that.
sombear
KaiBear said:

I disagree. They are accurately reporting that Russia has major momentum. Aside from a few fools predicting Ukraine victory last year, the media has been surprisingly accurate in its reporting.

The worst predictions by far were those predicting total Russia victory within 48 hours … then 1 month - then 3 months …then a year at most … then.

U.S. media was far too optimistic on Ukraine's big offensive last year. But if you listened to the folks who would really have a good pulse on it, the story was different.

Bottom line, Russia was never going to slice through Ukraine, and Ukraine was never going to slice through the massive Russian dig-in.
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

I disagree. They are accurately reporting that Russia has major momentum. Aside from a few fools predicting Ukraine victory last year, the media has been surprisingly accurate in its reporting.

Let me guess, you are one of those guys who believe Russia blew up their own natural gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea.
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

Let me guess, you are one of those guys who believe Russia blew up their own natural gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea.
To this day, I have no idea who truly was behind that. It doesn't make sense for anyone in my view, but I would not put it past Russia, U.S., or any Euro.
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

To this day, I have no idea who truly was behind that. It doesn't make sense for anyone in my view, but I would not put it past Russia, U.S., or any Euro.

Biden publicly threatened to blow up the pipeline.

It's on tape.

Then our 'accurate' media repeatedly claimed the Russians blew up their own money maker.

Still more proof the days of honest media in the US are long finished.
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

Then our 'accurate' media repeatedly claimed the Russians blew up their own money maker.

Who do you think did it, and what is your evidence? Heck, Russia itself went from blaming the UK, then U.S., then one of the Nordics.
KaiBear
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

Who do you think did it, and what is your evidence? Heck, Russia itself went from blaming the UK, then U.S., then one of the Nordics.
We blew it up of course.

Biden was asked point blank if the US would do such a thing if Russia invaded and he looked straight into the camera and stated unequivocally that the pipeline would be destroyed.

Good grief despite Biden's declaration our 'accurate' media had the gall to claim the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Worse, his dumb as grass constituents didn't even care being lied to about a flagrant act of war against both an ally and an enemy .

The_barBEARian
This is what the Globalists want to destroy:

Redbrickbear
The_barBEARian said:

Obviously Putin does not really believe in the Christ God…he is an ex-KGB agnostic…but it is interesting to see how the Russian leadership wants to be seen by it's subjects…vs how the Western leadership wants to be seen.
Mothra
The_barBEARian said:

You seem to suffer under the delusion that your enemy's enemy is your friend.

Putin is an enemy to Christianity.
Redbrickbear
Mothra said:

The_barBEARian said:

Putin is an enemy to Christianity.

I would not go that far. But he is certainly indifferent to Christianity. Or at least not interested in it beyond what he can use it for politically
sombear
KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

It's on tape.

We blew it up of course.

Biden was asked point blank if the US would do such a thing if Russia invaded and he looked straight into the camera and stated unequivocally that the pipeline would be destroyed.

Good grief despite Biden's declaration our 'accurate' media had the gall to claim the Russians blew up their own pipeline.

Worse, his dumb as grass constituents didn't even care being lied to about a flagrant act of war against both an ally and an enemy .

So your evidence is senile Biden's pre-invasion statement in a presser?
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.