Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

228,279 Views | 4747 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by historian
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harrison Bergeron said:

Has Hams released the hostages yes?

Why is there so little press for five Americans?

We traded Putin's best arms dealer for a nutjob WNBA player but we don't care about FIVE American hostages?

Obviously the Biden puppeteers care more about LGBTQ wackos... and they are on the side of Hamas.
ShooterTX
J.R.
boognish_bear said:

If I was paying nearly $90,000 a year and one of my kid's graduation ceremony was impacted by this I would be so pissed.

$90 my ass. Try $275 total
sombear
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

If I was paying nearly $90,000 a year and one of my kid's graduation ceremony was impacted by this I would be so pissed.

That's tuition only
The_barBEARian
ShooterTX said:

After the incident occurred, the Israelis apologized and even gave money to compensate the US Navy for the damages & losses.

Something else you wrote here that needs further examination.

Israel paid $3.2 million dollars to the families of the 34 servicemen they murdered. Total. Not per family.

An additional $3.5 million was paid to the 171 crew members wounded. Again total. Not per crewman.

They paid $6 million to the US Navy for damaging the ship.

I could give a **** about the compensation to the US Navy, but dont you think its pathetic that the families of those killed and the men who were wounded serving on the USS Liberty received less than someone dropping a cup of hot coffee on their lap at McDonalds?

Is that anyway a "greatest ally" should treat one another? Buying the cheapest headstone and casket after they murder you?

historian
Guy Noir said:

I agree. I did not really understand the post. It is too bad when a poster makes a post that he/she thinks is witty but the post is not really understandable.

That happens too often. In this thread, far more alarming are the posts that are thinly veiled antisemitism. Sometimes not so thin.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
https://www.dailywire.com/news/google-ceo-breaks-silence-after-firing-28-employees-this-is-a-business
boognish_bear
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

I did notice on their website that it said for families that make $150,000 a year or less tuition is free.

boognish_bear
The_barBEARian
historian said:

Guy Noir said:

I agree. I did not really understand the post. It is too bad when a poster makes a post that he/she thinks is witty but the post is not really understandable.

That happens too often. In this thread, far more alarming are the posts that are thinly veiled antisemitism. Sometimes not so thin.

BearN ducked the question.

So since you are the second person to use that word, I'll ask you the same question:

What were you thoughts on Greg Abbott's new anti-semitism law?

How can we take a principled stance against hate speech laws designed to limit 1st amendment protected free speech when we are engaging in the same behavior as the extreme left?

Generally females and sensitive, weak men like the half dozen or so guys who starred BearN's post get offended extremely easily. And many times people find criticism they disagree with offensive. So where is the line and who determines where my freedom ends because you feel offended?

My understanding is the law is currently confined to college campus... you know, those bastions of free speech.

So if the law was expanded to all speech within the state of Texas is there anything I've written in this thread that you would report to the authorities?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Harrison Bergeron
The weirdest part of DEI is the average Ivy League student is likely more stupid than the average MCC student.
nein51
Harrison Bergeron said:

The weirdest part of DEI is the average Ivy League student is likely more stupid than the average MCC student.

Yeah but they have a great oppression story to tell
The_barBEARian
historian said:

Guy Noir said:

Still waiting on a response from you or BearN... I'm curious if the UK style speech laws are what you would like Governor Abbott to implement here in Texas regarding antisemitism?

This is how it would be handled if we were in the UK:

historian
In a free country there is no such thing as "hate speech" and no government can legitimately regulate or ban it. Such a law becomes a means for fascists to terrorize innocent people for their beliefs and for telling the truth or expressing an opinion the fascists don't like. It becomes another tool for censorship and for terrorizing innocent people.

We've seen much of this kind of thing already with the trans movement's pronoun tyranny, the climate cult's greenie obsession, Biden's Gestapo-like FBI targeting Christian's or parents who attend school board meetings, and so on.
Osodecentx
historian said:

In a free country there is no such thing as "hate speech" and no government can legitimately regulate or ban it. Such a law becomes a means for fascists to terrorize innocent people for their beliefs and for telling the truth or expressing an opinion the fascists don't like. It becomes another tool for censorship and for terrorizing innocent people.

We've seen much of this kind of thing already with the trans movement's pronoun tyranny, the climate cult's greenie obsession, Biden's Gestapo-like FBI targeting Christian's or parents who attend school board meetings, and so on.

Your post reminds me of how fascists talk
ATL Bear
The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Guy Noir said:

So since you are the second person to use that word, I'll ask you the same question:

How can we take a principled stance against hate speech laws designed to limit 1st amendment protected free speech when we are engaging in the same behavior as the extreme left?

Generally females and sensitive, weak men like the half dozen or so guys who starred BearN's post get offended extremely easily. And many times people find criticism they disagree with offensive. So where is the line and who determines where my freedom ends because you feel offended?

My understanding is the law is currently confined to college campus... you know, those bastions of free speech.

So if the law was expanded to all speech within the state of Texas is there anything I've written in this thread that you would report to the authorities?
Just because you're free to say it doesn't mean you should. A lesson you could learn.

You aren't discussing policy, you're like the leftists complaining about white supremacy and grievances against "the man". For you it's Jews and globalists. You aren't "America First". You're a whiny ***** probably underemployed and wanting Uncle Sam to fix it for you. America's issues aren't your concern. They're convenient avenues for you to spout your racist and anti-Semitic tropes. We all see it even if you won't directly admit it.
The_barBEARian
ATL Bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Guy Noir said:

Just because you're free to say it doesn't mean you should. A lesson you could learn.

You aren't discussing policy, you're like the leftists complaining about white supremacy and grievances against "the man". For you it's Jews and globalists. You aren't "America First". You're a whiny ***** probably underemployed and wanting Uncle Sam to fix it for you. America's issues aren't your concern. They're convenient avenues for you to spout your racist and anti-Semitic tropes. We all see it even if you won't directly admit it.

But you aren't free to say things in certain places now. Abbott issued an order that punishes free speech. And it is ill-defined.

Do you support Abbott's order or not?

As long as a person is a net contributor to society, insulting someone's socio-economic status is uncomely and something only the feeble-minded would resort to but to shut you up I just paid over $100k in federal taxes for 2023 this week.

I have every right to be upset about government spending and where my money is going especially at my age as I am in my peak earning years and every dollar matters.

I am America First. You are America Last. I don't want to keep engaging in a back and forth of personal insults, I have already debased myself enough rolling in the mud with you so I really have nothing left to say.
The_barBEARian
historian said:

Thank you for providing your general overview on this topic.

But specifically with regard to Abbott's anti-semitism order on college campuses, do you support it or are you against it?
ShooterTX
The_barBEARian said:

ShooterTX said:

After the incident occurred, the Israelis apologized and even gave money to compensate the US Navy for the damages & losses.

Israel paid $3.2 million dollars to the families of the 34 servicemen they murdered. Total. Not per family.

An additional $3.5 million was paid to the 171 crew members wounded. Again total. Not per crewman.

I could give a **** about the compensation to the US Navy, but dont you think its pathetic that the families of those killed and the men who were wounded serving on the USS Liberty received less than someone dropping a cup of hot coffee on their lap at McDonalds?

Is that anyway a "greatest ally" should treat one another? Buying the cheapest headstone and casket after they murder you?

I suppose you are just too stupid to understand inflation.
In 1967, the average house cost around $22K. That same house today is worth about $350K.

Quick math shows that each family was given enough money to buy 4 houses in 1967. Or they could buy literally hundreds of caskets & headstones for each family.

It may not seem like much today... but that was a lot of money in 1967.
ShooterTX
The_barBEARian
ShooterTX said:

The_barBEARian said:

ShooterTX said:

In 1967, the average house cost around $22K. That same house today is worth about $350K.

Quick math shows that each family was given enough money to buy 4 houses in 1967. Or they could buy literally hundreds of caskets & headstones for each family.

Ok. Using your math that's a one time payment of $1.4 million each in today's money. How does that change anything?

After tomorrow our government will have given Israel nearly $30 billion this year alone.

Holocaust survivors still receive checks from the German government.

Shouldn't USS Liberty survivors and families of the deceased be receiving checks from the Israeli government?

I know I'm very stupid... so please bear with me... let's assume you are correct and it was a 12 hour long mistake... which it wasn't. If your son or grandson was drafted by our government and then killed by our "greatest ally" and the government offered you a paltry $1.4 million are you saying you would be satisfied with that?
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Your post reminds me of how mentally damaged people talk.

I often disagree with historian about Israel and Russia and other things…

But the way he talks has NEVER reminded me of how fascists talk…because he is not a fascist

And he is a strong supporter of free speech.

Why would you even say something that stupid?
historian
It's the opposite.
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Your post reminds me of how mentally damaged people talk.

I often disagree with historian about Israel and Russia and other things…

But the way he talks has NEVER reminded me of how fascists talk…because he is not a fascist

And he is a strong supporter of free speech.

Why would you even say something that stupid?

This is straight from Brown Shirt 101, AKA the lunatic fringe

" the trans movement's pronoun tyranny, the climate cult's greenie obsession, Biden's Gestapo-like FBI targeting Christian's or parents who attend school board meetings, and so on."
FLBear5630
ShooterTX said:

The_barBEARian said:

ShooterTX said:

True, but wages were also lower. My Dad's first job with College was about 19k.

To your point, within 8 years he was able to buy a 4 BR house on Long Island. But, NYC also had free college if you went to the City Universities. He went to Queens College. I know several that went to Brooklyn College for Engineering. It used to be high quality education, some of Nixon's advisors went there. What it is now? I don't know.
J.R.
sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only
tuition room and board in a dorm.
KaiBear
Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Another one of your goofy one liners.

Historian is not remotely a fascist.

He is one of the better contributors on this forum.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Kai, has deemed it so...

Historian, you may stay and continue contributing. He is also awarding you a plot of land...
sombear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only
2023-2024 Cost of attendance
  • Tuition and fees: $68,400
  • New student fees: $645
  • Housing and food: $16,800
  • Books and personal: $3,742
  • Total cost of attendance: $89,587
boognish_bear
J.R.
sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only
2023-2024 Cost of attendance
  • Tuition and fees: $68,400
  • New student fees: $645
  • Housing and food: $16,800
  • Books and personal: $3,742
  • Total cost of attendance: $89,587

yes, that is for 1 year. And if you happen to want to live in a Frat House or Brownstone, it goes up from there.
sombear
KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Noy only that, but his examples actually are fair. There are government agencies and countless corporations that require pronoun use. There are media outlets and universities that categorize any questions on climate change as "denial" and will not allow/recognize dissent. I'm not too familiar with the school board issue, but I do recall some headlines on some odd federal interference.
historian
It happened in Louden County, Virginia & other places. A trans student was allowed to use the girl's restroom where he raped a girl. When her father went to the school board meeting to confront them about their criminal policies that put his daughter at risk and their cover up of the crime, they had him arrested. The FBI labels such parents as "domestic terrorists." I wish this insanity were not happening in the US but it is. The fascists are the ones doing these things, condoning them, & persecuting people who expose it.

Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident. This has been going on for several years. One only needs to pay attention. It helps if one does not rely on the mainstream media or social media for information. They are part of the problem and are often the main source of disinformation about political events. They routinely censor the news: telling only the official version of events (J6 or anything related to Trump, for example) or don't report them at all (anything that counters the climate cult or trans cult narratives). It's not surprising that some are ignorant of these things. Such people probably get all their news from CNN, Facebook, or some other propaganda outlet. The old computer adage applies here: garbage in, garbage out.

I hate that the word "fascist" has been missed used so much. The solution to error is not to ignore it but to overcome it with facts.
historian

KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Kai, has deemed it so...

Historian, you may stay and continue contributing. He is also awarding you a plot of land...

Still again, you inject yourself into a conversation where you have nothing substantial to contribute.

You just gotta be bored beyond measure.

First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.