Netanyahu said "we are at war,"

226,762 Views | 4726 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Realitybites
nein51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No way. A bunch of Ivy leaguers are rich?

In other breaking news the Sun also rose in the East this morning.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

In a free country there is no such thing as "hate speech" and no government can legitimately regulate or ban it. Such a law becomes a means for fascists to terrorize innocent people for their beliefs and for telling the truth or expressing an opinion the fascists don't like. It becomes another tool for censorship and for terrorizing innocent people.

We've seen much of this kind of thing already with the trans movement's pronoun tyranny, the climate cult's greenie obsession, Biden's Gestapo-like FBI targeting Christian's or parents who attend school board meetings, and so on.

Your post reminds me of how fascists talk

Another one of your goofy one liners.

Historian is not remotely a fascist.

He is one of the better contributors on this forum.

Kai, has deemed it so...

Historian, you may stay and continue contributing. He is also awarding you a plot of land...

Still again, you inject yourself into a conversation where you have nothing substantial to contribute.

You just gotta be bored beyond measure.

And you don't? It is all you do. You stay out, I will stay out. Quit your passing judgement like you are the exalted one and you will hear no more. But you can't do it. It is who you are.

No, it takes no time to slap at you.
sombear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

If I was paying nearly $90,000 a year and one of my kid's graduation ceremony was impacted by this I would be so pissed.

$90 my ass. Try $275 total
That's tuition only
tuition room and board in a dorm.
2023-2024 Cost of attendance
  • Tuition and fees: $68,400
  • New student fees: $645
  • Housing and food: $16,800
  • Books and personal: $3,742
  • Total cost of attendance: $89,587

yes, that is for 1 year. And if you happen to want to live in a Frat House or Brownstone, it goes up from there.

Sorry, I thought you were disagreeing that it cost 90k a year.
Osodecentx
sombear said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

In a free country there is no such thing as "hate speech" and no government can legitimately regulate or ban it. Such a law becomes a means for fascists to terrorize innocent people for their beliefs and for telling the truth or expressing an opinion the fascists don't like. It becomes another tool for censorship and for terrorizing innocent people.

We've seen much of this kind of thing already with the trans movement's pronoun tyranny, the climate cult's greenie obsession, Biden's Gestapo-like FBI targeting Christian's or parents who attend school board meetings, and so on.

Noy only that, but his examples actually are fair. There are government agencies and countless corporations that require pronoun use. There are media outlets and universities that categorize any questions on climate change as "denial" and will not allow/recognize dissent. I'm not too familiar with the school board issue, but I do recall some headlines on some odd federal interference.
Bravo. You expressed a cogent thought without the use of the words fascist, leftist, Soros, patriot, greenie, Gestapo, In the discussion of ideas, the words above have no meaning.

I agree with your post.
The_barBEARian
Osodecentx said:

sombear said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Noy only that, but his examples actually are fair. There are government agencies and countless corporations that require pronoun use. There are media outlets and universities that categorize any questions on climate change as "denial" and will not allow/recognize dissent. I'm not too familiar with the school board issue, but I do recall some headlines on some odd federal interference.
Bravo. You expressed a cogent thought without the use of the words fascist, leftist, Soros, patriot, greenie, Gestapo, In the discussion of ideas, the words above have no meaning.

I agree with your post.

I would also include "antisemitism" and "racism"

They are just ad hominens that folks use when they have lost the battle of ideas but their ego won't allow them to back down
boognish_bear
Guessing this is isn't happening at BU

J.R.
sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

If I was paying nearly $90,000 a year and one of my kid's graduation ceremony was impacted by this I would be so pissed.

That's tuition only

yes, that is for 1 year. And if you happen to want to live in a Frat House or Brownstone, it goes up from there.

Oh no. My Godson played football there. Way pricey. When he first got there 6 yrs ago, he opened the doors for several women and was downright castigated by them. And he was like ... *** that was how I was taught growing up on Texas.
Harrison Bergeron
Maybe if the hostages came out as troons China Joe would care about them.

We have a stupid president.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Kai, has deemed it so...

Historian, you may stay and continue contributing. He is also awarding you a plot of land...

Still again, you inject yourself into a conversation where you have nothing substantial to contribute.

And you don't? It is all you do. You stay out, I will stay out. Quit your passing judgement like you are the exalted one and you will hear no more. But you can't do it. It is who you are.

Clown, I don't bother with you.

As you crave attention like none other.

Play some golf , go white water rafting or find a part time job.

Learn something…..anything .

boognish_bear
sombear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only

Oh no. My Godson played football there. Way pricey. When he first got there 6 yrs ago, he opened the doors for several women and was downright castigated by them. And he was like ... *** that was how I was taught growing up on Texas.
Yep, I can relate. A close family friend's son played football at Dartmouth. He said yes ma'am to a female professor, and she spewed out a 5 minute diatribe and dressed him down in front of the entire class.
FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Kai, has deemed it so...

Yet, here you are. Again. and Again.

I take you at your word, DON'T BOTHER WITH ME. You won't. You can't help it, it is your nature.

I put you on ignore. I won't bother you anymore.
boognish_bear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only

boognish_bear
historian
Harrison Bergeron said:

Maybe if the hostages came out as troons China Joe would care about them.

We have a stupid president.

Sad but true. He certainly doesn't care about women athletes.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only

Yep, I can relate. A close family friend's son played football at Dartmouth. He said yes ma'am to a female professor, and she spewed out a 5 minute diatribe and dressed him down in front of the entire class.

That is a institution that turns our future DC leadership class…

And yet you still trust our rulers in DC?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Kai, has deemed it so...

I put you on ignore. I won't bother you anymore.

Wonderful

sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:

That's tuition only

That is a institution that turns our future DC leadership class…

And yet you still trust our rulers in DC?
To paraphrase Bill Buckley . . . I'd trust a random name out of Texas phonebook over an Ivy Leaguer.
Redbrickbear
The_barBEARian
Redbrickbear said:

Today proved we are still a decade away from truly challenging them... hopefully there is a still a country left to save by then

The very small silver lining is over 100 US Congressmen voted against Ukraine and almost 60 voted against Israel which is more than I thought it would be.
whiterock
ShooterTX said:

J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

These are the everyday, Gazan people. They are NOT innocent... they are evil muslims who hate, kill, rape and destroy.
Do not be fooled by the leftist media... there are no innocent Gazan people.

Yeah, u r right. Little children and babies are Evil. What an absolutely ridiculous statement even by ur standards
People that target and intentionally rape, torture and murder little children & babies are evil... hence the Gazans are evil. October 7th proved that, for those last few idiots who couldn't understand the obvious truth.
Exactly. Internet abound with videos of muslim kids with baby teeth chanting "Death to Israel."

The average American has no idea how structurally anti-Semitic islam really is. That concept is mitigated only by the context that islam is existentially hostile to everything outside of islam.

KaiBear
The_barBEARian said:

Redbrickbear said:

Today proved we are still a decade away from truly challenging them... hopefully there is a still a country left to save by then

The very small silver lining is over 100 US Congressmen voted against Ukraine and almost 60 voted against Israel which is more than I thought it would be.

Amazing how the Israeli lobby has continued to own our representatives for so many decades.

Got to be some kind of sick record .
Realitybites
Quote:

Exactly. Internet abound with videos of muslim kids with baby teeth chanting "Death to Israel."

The average American has no idea how structurally anti-Semitic islam really is. That concept is mitigated only by the context that islam is existentially hostile to everything outside of islam/

Or, the average American (certainly the average Democrat voter) fully understands how structurally anti-Semitic Islam really is and is opening the door to it out of an opposition to Christianity (and in their mind, by extension Judaism).

In other words, most of us aren't average Americans.

There's a difference between a principled stance opposing foreign aid to Ukraine and Israel because we're 35 trillion in debt and the standard of living of our people is dropping preciptously and opposing aid to Israel because you support Hamas.
sombear
KaiBear said:

The_barBEARian said:

Redbrickbear said:

Amazing how the Israeli lobby has continued to own our representatives for so many decades.

Who is the Israeli lobby and how much do they spend compared to others?
Realitybites
Looking at lobbying budgets at the federal level is pretty interesting. There are the usual suspects, and some others that I would not have expected.

Top Spenders on Federal Lobbying

In 2023, the top spender was the US Chamber of Commerce at 69 million. If you want an answer as to why we have an open border, look no further.

This was followed up by the National Association of Realtors, which I found to be interesting since most real estate transactions are government mostly by state laws. Perhaps it's an effort to keep the door open for foreign cash to purchase US properties, perhaps its an effort to keep the border open to ensure a steady flow of new customers. Either way, I found their inclusion at #2 strange.

This was followed by four of the usual suspects from the health care sector (the American Hospital Association, Blue Cross, the Pharmaceutical Researchers and Manufacturers of America, and the American Medical Association).

After that, you see some familiar names on the list: Amazon, Alphabet (Google), Meta (Facebook), Boeing, Government Motors, Pfizer, and Lockheed.

AIPAC is part of the Israel lobby, with $3 million in lobbying and another $7 in direct donations.

The worst government that money can buy.
Osodecentx
KaiBear said:

The_barBEARian said:

Redbrickbear said:

?resize=1366,1536&quality=75&strip=all
KaiBear
Feds just gave away over 80 BILLION dollars we do not possess .

Our government will have to BORROW the billions they just GAVE AWAY.

No matter how you slice it or spin it...........that is just insane.
nein51
On the plus side almost all of that money comes back to us as it's spent with American defense contractors.
KaiBear
nein51 said:

On the plus side almost all of that money comes back to us as it's spent with American defense contractors.

Gee that makes it all worthwhile.

We are borrowing additional billions of dollars in the hope that some of it is spent for bombs, bullets and missiles.

No doubt the vast majority of Americans are supportive of such fiscal priorities.

nein51
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

We are borrowing additional billions of dollars in the hope that some of it is spent for bombs, bullets and missiles.

No doubt the vast majority of Americans are supportive of such fiscal priorities.

Look there's very few bright spots here. The two that come to mind are
1) we aren't doing the fighting
2) the money we are giving away is essentially coming right back to us

I didn't say I agreed. I didn't say it's good fiscal policy (like anyone really gives a **** about that anyhow). Fact is most of the foreign aid we give away comes right back to us via the military industrial complex and by most I mean almost 100% of it.

Now we can argue why we spend money on all sorts of worthless government projects though I suspect we probably agree.
KaiBear
nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I didn't say I agreed. I didn't say it's good fiscal policy (like anyone really gives a **** about that anyhow). Fact is most of the foreign aid we give away comes right back to us via the military industrial complex and by most I mean almost 100% of it.

Now we can argue why we spend money on all sorts of worthless government projects though I suspect we probably agree.

I respect your opinion.

But most Americans do not support this insane give away.

Especially when so many are working 2 jobs just to stay fed.

ATL Bear
The_barBEARian said:

ATL Bear said:

The_barBEARian said:

historian said:

Guy Noir said:

I agree. I did not really understand the post. It is too bad when a poster makes a post that he/she thinks is witty but the post is not really understandable.

That happens too often. In this thread, far more alarming are the posts that are thinly veiled antisemitism. Sometimes not so thin.

BearN ducked the question.

So since you are the second person to use that word, I'll ask you the same question:

What were you thoughts on Greg Abbott's new anti-semitism law?

How can we take a principled stance against hate speech laws designed to limit 1st amendment protected free speech when we are engaging in the same behavior as the extreme left?

Generally females and sensitive, weak men like the half dozen or so guys who starred BearN's post get offended extremely easily. And many times people find criticism they disagree with offensive. So where is the line and who determines where my freedom ends because you feel offended?

My understanding is the law is currently confined to college campus... you know, those bastions of free speech.

So if the law was expanded to all speech within the state of Texas is there anything I've written in this thread that you would report to the authorities?
Just because you're free to say it doesn't mean you should. A lesson you could learn.

You aren't discussing policy, you're like the leftists complaining about white supremacy and grievances against "the man". For you it's Jews and globalists. You aren't "America First". You're a whiny ***** probably underemployed and wanting Uncle Sam to fix it for you. America's issues aren't your concern. They're convenient avenues for you to spout your racist and anti-Semitic tropes. We all see it even if you won't directly admit it.
As long as a person is a net contributor to society, insulting someone's socio-economic status is uncomely and something only the feeble-minded would resort to but to shut you up I just paid over $100k in federal taxes for 2023 this week.
Of course you did…

And I'm not poking fun at socioeconomic position. I'm poking fun at who and what you are claiming it stems from.
nein51
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

I respect your opinion.

But most Americans do not support this insane give away.

Especially when so many are working 2 jobs just to stay fed.

L

I don't recall saying most Americans did. In fact, I'm quite sure I never said that.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.