Buy the Trump Bible

9,017 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by J.R.
sombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

To me, this is the most appalling thing he's ever done, and that's saying something.

Encouraging Bible sales and Bible reading?
A politician/non-Christian/false prophet selling $60 Bibles to make a profit and promote himself during a campaign?, Yes, appalling and I'd say even blasphemous. I can picture Jesus up there turning over tables . . . .

Not to mention, even practically speaking, he is turning off far more non-believers than he is attracting to Christianity.

as blasphemous as raising money to put Bibles next to the motel beds in which prostitutes ply their trade?

I would rather think Jesus appreciates the distribution of Bibles.

You're a good poster but that is an awful analogy. My issue with Trump doing it is he's a politician, running for President, raising $ off it, and he is not a Christian. Any one of those makes it offensive, let alone all.

I'm all for handing out Bibles to any and all, including prostitutes.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

Jack and DP said:

What's interesting is that when Trump does something goofy like come out with his own Bible he gets (justifiably) attacked relentlessly by the entire Liberal/Left faction of America and about half of the American Right.

But when Biden slaps Christians in the face on any given occasion or issue he is defended by the entire Liberal/Left faction and about half of the Right.

Its a very interesting dynamic….and it replicates constantly

Who on the right defended Biden for this? He was crucified ….
trey3216
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

To me, this is the most appalling thing he's ever done, and that's saying something.

A politician/non-Christian/false prophet selling $60 Bibles to make a profit and promote himself during a campaign?, Yes, appalling and I'd say even blasphemous. I can picture Jesus up there turning over tables . . . .

Not to mention, even practically speaking, he is turning off far more non-believers than he is attracting to Christianity.

as blasphemous as raising money to put Bibles next to the motel beds in which prostitutes ply their trade?

Jesus is pretty clear on His thoughts about charlatans. Doesn't matter if they're your brand or the other guy's brand.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
whiterock
trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

Jesus is pretty clear on His thoughts about charlatans. Doesn't matter if they're your brand or the other guy's brand.
Couldn't every politician theoretically be called a charlatan? It's politics, remember......

"...a good tactic is one your people enjoy...."
--Saul Alinsky
trey3216
whiterock said:

trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

Couldn't every politician theoretically be called a charlatan? It's politics, remember......

--Saul Alinsky

I stated that pretty clearly.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
whiterock
trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

--Saul Alinsky

He's a good politician. Way better than his critics allow. He actually attends to the wants and needs of his base, regardless what people outside his base might think. This is a good example. Democrats do it relentlessly, remorselessly (like issuing the Trans Visibility proclamation on Easter Sunday). It's one of the reasons they are so successful. Same is true for him.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

trey3216 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Jack and DP said:

sombear said:

--Saul Alinsky

He's a good politician. Way better than his critics allow. He actually attends to the wants and needs of his base, regardless what people outside his base might think. This is a good example. Democrats do it relentlessly, remorselessly (like issuing the Trans Visibility proclamation on Easter Sunday). It's one of the reasons they are so successful. Same is true for him.
I do agree with you on this. I just wish he wasn't so sloppy and full of bluster. Really makes it a tough road... He really makes himself and GOP a target. But, I do agree he takes care of his base and he has gotten much better as a politician.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack and DP said:

What's interesting is that when Trump does something goofy like come out with his own Bible he gets (justifiably) attacked relentlessly by the entire Liberal/Left faction of America and about half of the American Right.

But when Biden slaps Christians in the face on any given occasion or issue he is defended by the entire Liberal/Left faction and about half of the Right.

Its a very interesting dynamic….and it replicates constantly

Who on the right defended Biden for this? He was crucified ….

On the Left...none at all.

On the Right....mostly negative that's true...but it takes just a little searching on twitter/X to find "respectable" and "principled" conservative Christians of the Truett seminary style who are telling people how its not a big deal, its over blown, its just the administration acknowledging something that has been going on for years, how Biden did and the VP did acknowledge Easter in a different tweet, how "attacking" trans people is a punching down, how complaining about this stuff makes Christians look mean and bigoted, etc.

And that proves the point.

Uniformity of support on the Left...divided criticism on the Right.
J.R.
KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Here's a wild and crazy thought. Maybe - just maybe - Trump has changed. Believe it or not, people can and actually do change from time to time. I'm not claiming he has (only he and God know for sure), but I am saying that it's not the impossibility many apparently assume - largely if not totally based on things that happened well before he ever campaigned as a Presidential candidate.

And again, even if he hasn't (and I repeat only he and God know), he has been and will be far more of a "Christian friendly" POTUS than the alternative - just to say the least.

Melanie Trump is a practicing Catholic .

It's not impossible that she has had an impact on her husband as he has gotten older .

But it's Trumps ACTIONS toward Christians, members of law enforcement, and the working class in general that really counts .

Also approve of Trumps America First attitude.

Time Europe defended itself. World War Two ended almost 80 years ago.
then we need to cut that POS Isreal govt today after what they have done recently. The need to do what they need to do without our support, buy your measure. Bombing out a hospital in Gaza killing babies, children and innocent folks. That govt is evil. cut their ass off.
Oldbear83
Blame the Jews, huh?

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

No, I blame Bibi and his govt. Unthinkable. He is no different than your boy trump. he is trying to stay out of jail while murdering civilians, babies, kids. You think that is ok? Why has that damn country always got a pass? total crap on them. Yes, I blame the Jewish Govt. .and military. please answer my question. I'm all about rooting out Hamas if that is what they need to do, but they cannot just kill babies, kids, and innocents. You ok with that type of indiscriminate killing? seriously ? please answer
Guy Noir
J said:

then we need to cut that POS Isreal govt today after what they have done recently. The need to do what they need to do without our support, buy your measure. Bombing out a hospital in Gaza killing babies, children and innocent folks. That govt is evil. cut their ass off.

Israel's IDF did not intentionally bomb out a hospital. A lot of reports coming from Palestinian sources have distorted the true facts. The cleaning out of Hamas is a grim task, but the Hamas brought this on to their own people. The Hamas could end the conflict right now if they returned the hostages and surrendered to the IDF,
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

No, I blame Bibi and his govt. Unthinkable. He is no different than your boy trump. he is trying to stay out of jail while murdering civilians, babies, kids. You think that is ok? Why has that damn country always got a pass? total crap on them. Yes, I blame the Jewish Govt. .and military. please answer my question. I'm all about rooting out Hamas if that is what they need to do, but they cannot just kill babies, kids, and innocents. You ok with that type of indiscriminate killing? seriously ? please answer
Seriously J.R., did you get really drunk and start channeling your inner Nazi when you posted that?

Nothing in that screed is anything close your usual lucid comments, but reek of malice and spite.
Oldbear83
Guy Noir said:

J said:

Israel's IDF did not intentionally bomb out a hospital. A lot of reports coming from Palestinian sources have distorted the true facts. The cleaning out of Hamas is a grim task, but the Hamas brought this on to their own people. The Hamas could end the conflict right now if they returned the hostages and surrendered to the IDF,

Thing is, by now 75% of the hostages are decayed corpses, and I think we all know how Israel would respond to that confirmation.
sombear
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Here's a wild and crazy thought. Maybe - just maybe - Trump has changed. Believe it or not, people can and actually do change from time to time. I'm not claiming he has (only he and God know for sure), but I am saying that it's not the impossibility many apparently assume - largely if not totally based on things that happened well before he ever campaigned as a Presidential candidate.

And again, even if he hasn't (and I repeat only he and God know), he has been and will be far more of a "Christian friendly" POTUS than the alternative - just to say the least.

It's not impossible that she has had an impact on her husband as he has gotten older .

But it's Trumps ACTIONS toward Christians, members of law enforcement, and the working class in general that really counts .

Are you still talking about Hamas' own misfired rocket months ago? Israel has not bombed out any hospitals.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Are you still talking about Hamas' own misfired rocket months ago? Israel has not bombed out any hospitals.

The whole "who bombed what hospital" over there reminds me of this meme

J.R.
Guy Noir said:

J said:

but they did and that is a freaking problem . Never seen anything like it. Just tragic . I do not know how much time you have spent in that area of the world, but these are innocent people corralled by the Jews in an absolute **** hole. All the settlements. Eff them . cut them off.
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

The whole "who bombed what hospital" over there reminds me of this meme

That's actually a great meme
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

Seriously J.R., did you get really drunk and start channeling your inner Nazi when you posted that?

Nothing in that screed is anything close your usual lucid comments, but reek of malice and spite.
I'm 100% behind us arming Ukraine to the teeth. Israel ...no thanks. Again, I a speaking of the current Nazi govt. and you can go **** yourself on my inner Nazi, no, clown , well thought out. You didn't answer the question. Are you ok with Israel indiscriminate killing of the innocent ? you ok with that?
J.R.
sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

No, I am not. I'm talking about them leveling a hospital in Gaza killing 200 innocents including babies and kids. That happened 3 days ago. Get engaged . You ok with that?
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

J said:

Thing is, by now 75% of the hostages are decayed corpses, and I think we all know how Israel would respond to that confirmation.
you ok with Israel killing 7 members of aid workers who work with Jose Andres to feed people who need it? I really need your answer. One was an an American. You good with all that our you just want Muslim civilians , women, children , babies, aid worker. You ok with that? Answer
Osodecentx
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

No, I am not. I'm talking about them leveling a hospital in Gaza killing 200 innocents including babies and kids. That happened 3 days ago. Get engaged . You ok with that?

I need a link on the "leveled " hospital. Hamas using a hospital as a refuge explains damage. Hamas terrorists deserve no quarter
Redbrickbear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Honeslty I've been a pretty consistent Israel critic (or at least not 100% Israeli supporter) on here….

But I'm curious how you defend George Bush and his illegal war in Iraq that got hundreds of thousands killed…maybe even a million.

You still think George W Bush is a great guy.

Yet now you think the IDF killing a few thousand is outrageous?

A little selective outrage no?
Osodecentx
Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Honeslty I've been a pretty consistent Israel critic (or at least not 100% Israeli supporter) on here….

But I'm curious how you defend George Bush and his illegal war in Iraq that got hundreds of thousands killed…maybe even a million.

W is a great guy
IDF killing the killers of innocents is okay
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

W is a great guy

Very debatable
FLBear5630
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

W is a great guy

Very debatable
W is a good guy. Rumsfeld and Cheney, not so much...
Redbrickbear
FLBear5630 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

W is a great guy

Very debatable
W is a good guy. Rumsfeld and Cheney, not so much...

Don't forget Paul Wolfowitz
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

I'm 100% behind us arming Ukraine to the teeth. Israel ...no thanks. Again, I a speaking of the current Nazi govt. and you can go **** yourself on my inner Nazi, no, clown , well thought out. You didn't answer the question. Are you ok with Israel indiscriminate killing of the innocent ? you ok with that?
get back to me if that is ever really happening.

Stop getting your stories from Al Jazeera.
sombear
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Pretty sure that didn't happen. I truly don't know what you're talking about. Can you post a link?
whiterock
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

It's not a Likud government, JR. It's a unity government. All parties are in on it.. The Israeli people are united on what needs to happen. We should all thank them mightily for cleaning out the rot.

Also notice the thundering silence on this from the islamic world. They are quietly happy this is happening. The Palestinian movement has been a festering swamp of pathology that has harmed everyone who tried to help them. But the worst of it is the way they've sold out to Iran. None of the Sunni Arab states can abide that. They want Hamas destroyed (as a way to neuter Iranian influence in the region).

Our enemies are taking a big L in this phase of WWIII. Iran has lost billions of dollars of investment in a proxy. And Hizballah is next. Huge mistake by Teheran by not turning Hizballah loose on 7 October. They are allowing Israel to defeat them in detail. And if Iran engages Israel directly......then all those drone factories supplying Russia are going to go up in smoke.

Stay tuned.

J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

I do not defend the Iraq war in anyway. Travesty. I like him as a person.
J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

W is a great guy

Very debatable
you don't know him, I do. So, you have no clue.
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Blame the Jews, huh?

get back to me if that is ever really happening.

Stop getting your stories from Al Jazeera.
google it dumb ass. So, you have an issue with Reuters, AP and the WSJ? look it up clown. you have not answered my question, you coward. 200 Aid workers killed Israel . you ok with this ? you ok with 200 innocent Palestinians killed by Israeli BS. You ok with that ? Answer the question directly. you coward.
J.R.
sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

Pretty sure that didn't happen. I truly don't know what you're talking about. Can you post a link?
really.... hear you go. . 200 aid workers killed. you ok with that? 200K innocents killed. you ok with that?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68705765
Osodecentx
J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

sombear said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Johnny Bear said:

really.... hear you go. . 200 aid workers killed. you ok with that? 200K innocents killed. you ok with that?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68705765

I'm okay with this (your link)

He added that 200 people he described as "terrorists" had been killed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.