Granbury School Board Member Discovers the Lies of the Right Wing

7,846 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

After emancipation, the quality of life, for African-Americans went down as the rise of the confederate army terrorize the population of blacks. When the federal troops left in the 1870s, the ugly head out and out racism went to higher extremes. Whatever games were made by African-Americans in those legislatures was quickly undone. African-Americans were denied education and their lands were stolen from them. The south continue to terrorize African-Americans well anyway to the 1950s.
Can you please share the data that demonstrates the massive economic and overall performance gap between African Americans in former Confederate States and those in the other states.

For example, today, how exponentially better does the average African American fare in terms of poverty, education, and family structure in Chicago vs. Atlanta? Know the gap must be huge but how big is it?
Harrison Bergeron
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

What? Teach CRT? Not what the article said. She found the public edcation K-12 did not teach it.
Buddy read what I wrote. I'm saying that you personally want CRT taught in schools.
But you want them to teach critical race theory that's strawman Buddy
Do you want them to teach it or not?
There's a reason he won't answer the question.
Define crt.
I am asking what is your understanding? Not what you think I believe
You're deflecting. All I'm asking is if you want schools to teach critical race theory or not and you won't give me an answer because either answer is a bad look for you.

You're acting like schools aren't teaching this stuff so those against it need to shut their mouths, all while you simultaneously want schools to teach that stuff. That's called hypocrisy.

I'll define it:

Critical race theory states that U.S. social institutions (e.g., the criminal justice system, education system, labor market, housing market, and healthcare system) are laced with racism embedded in laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that lead to differential outcomes by race.

It completely ignores culture, human behavior and can't provide explicit laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that are grounded in racism. For example it claims that black people have worse outcomes and assumes its because of racism and completely ignores the fact that black men at extremely high rates are not present in their children's life which is highly correlated with bad decision making, being poor, violence etc which is reflected in the data.

So not only does it lie about the reasons for differences in outcomes by race, it makes them worse by avoiding the truth.
Thank you. However you make assumptions about the outcomes.
Incorrect as usual. As I have posted before, racial attitudes reversed a long history of reconciliation during the Obama presidency, which much of the Identity Politics and CRT strategies took hold.

I often ponder whether you ponder how your opinions would change if you based them on data and facts vs. emotions and myths.
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

Behind the trans flag and covering the MASSIVE LGBTQ flag is a periodic table, the actual reason kids are in school.

But no indoctrination is going on in schools..

This picture has to be some kind of joke, do you see all the uncalled for messages these young minds are being bombarded with. This **** has no place in the classroom. Just teach your subject and leave all the agenda out of it.
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

gay
gay
gay
gay
Brazil
gay
gay
gay
Panama
gay
gay
gay
Jack Bauer
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

GrowlTowel said:

How many children were mutilated?

How many drag queens exposed themselves?

How many abortions performed?

How many men in girl locker rooms?

How many pronoun lessons taught?
I have taught in 8 public schools in Texas and 2 in Alaska. I have never seen any of these things. The schools ranged from 1A to 5A in central and coastal Texas, and in Alaska one bush school and one school on the grid.
Well, now I think back I have taught lessons in pronoun usage. I bet you and your parents had the same pronoun lessons.

Quote:

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Jack Bauer
whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

GrowlTowel said:

I have taught in 8 public schools in Texas and 2 in Alaska. I have never seen any of these things. The schools ranged from 1A to 5A in central and coastal Texas, and in Alaska one bush school and one school on the grid.
Well, now I think back I have taught lessons in pronoun usage. I bet you and your parents had the same pronoun lessons.

Quote:

"It" implies an inanimate object, so instead of a being a hospital for boys and girls, it's a repair shop.
chrisbyrum
African Americans were mistreated everywhere. Not only in the south. The point everyone misses is that the elite and powerful whites in the south were not only willing to mistreat African Americans but poor whites as well. This included during the Civil War. That is part of the reason why I have always held that economics and maintaining one's power and wealth has been a greater driver than race throughout history. And it is where CRT fails.
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

GrowlTowel said:

Quote:

A clown world when a so-called scientific institution is making policy based on Tik Tok videos.

Seriously, who is the central authority for determining what is a "real" fake pronoun? Could my pronouns be ***/biden?
Jack Bauer
Gatesville, TX

LIB,MR BEARS
Hey 47, what is your opinion of this book?
Jack Bauer
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Hey 47, what is your opinion of this book?

Red Herring!

Misinformation!

Straw man!!!!
Waco1947
chrisbyrum said:

African Americans were mistreated everywhere. Not only in the south. The point everyone misses is that the elite and powerful whites in the south were not only willing to mistreat African Americans but poor whites as well. This included during the Civil War. That is part of the reason why I have always held that economics and maintaining one's power and wealth has been a greater driver than race throughout history. And it is where CRT fails.
although for the most part, I agree with you however, a persons race meant slavery. Poor whites in the south, although taken advantage of were still white.
chrisbyrum
Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

although for the most part, I agree with you however, a persons race meant slavery. Poor whites in the south, although taken advantage of were still white.

Not arguing that. What I am saying is that is where CRT fails. Race is not the primary driver of history. Economics and Economic power is. Case in point. Poll taxes were not only designed to keep African Americans from voting but poor whites as well.
Harrison Bergeron
chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Not arguing that. What I am saying is that is where CRT fails. Race is not the primary driver of history. Economics and Economic power is. Case in point. Poll taxes were not only designed to keep African Americans from voting but poor whites as well.
CRT breaks down with the economic results of Asians, Indians, and African immigrants. That's why it is always a moving target ... somedays all "people of color" face discrimination and some days they don't.

Why does the system uniquely target blacks for systematic racism whereas other races (including African immigrants) regularly outperform them at the group level.
KaiBear
chrisbyrum said:

African Americans were mistreated.
The Irish were mistreated.
Italians were mistreated.
Germans were mistreated
Jews were mistreated.
Japanese were mistreated
Catholics were mistreated
Mormons were mistreated.

So after decades of Affirmative Action; Trillions of dollars of social services and a century of free education

When does this focus on Black Americans finally end ?

chrisbyrum
KaiBear said:

chrisbyrum said:

Germans were mistreated
Jews were mistreated.
Japanese were mistreated
Mormons were mistreated.

So after decades of Affirmative Action; Trillions of dollars of social services and a century of free education

When we can all agree on it. Good luck with that.
Jack Bauer
KaiBear said:

chrisbyrum said:

Germans were mistreated
Jews were mistreated.
Japanese were mistreated
Mormons were mistreated.

Democrats stance:

Social issues: it's 2024, Believing in traditional marriage, traditional families, secure borders, teaching religion is going back into the 50's

Race issues: We are only 70 short years since Emmett Til's death. We have barely made any progress and there is so much more work yet to be done.
KaiBear
chrisbyrum said:

KaiBear said:

chrisbyrum said:

Germans were mistreated
Jews were mistreated.
Japanese were mistreated
Mormons were mistreated.

Why is it necessary to agree ?

Incessant victim hood is meaningless and counter productive.

Swim or drown.

chrisbyrum
KaiBear said:

chrisbyrum said:

KaiBear said:

chrisbyrum said:

Germans were mistreated
Jews were mistreated.
Japanese were mistreated
Mormons were mistreated.

Why is it necessary to agree ?

Incessant victim hood is meaningless and counter productive.

Swim or drown.

Because there will always be victim mentality. We have been dealing with this since end of reconstruction. No sign of it ending soon. I see your point, but it has not happened nor will it really in a republic.
Harrison Bergeron
There is too much grift in Big Racism. That's why they have to ensure it is never solved hence we keep re-defining it to keep the money train moving.
Waco1947
chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

CRT does not say that racism is the driving force of history.
" The driving forces of history -- be they racism, sexism, classism or the like -- need to be discussed in classrooms, where scholars can rigorously suss out fact and fiction. In reconsidering the role of race and racism in American history, that's what students of critical race theory aim to do." CNN quoting history professors
chrisbyrum
Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

" The driving forces of history -- be they racism, sexism, classism or the like -- need to be discussed in classrooms, where scholars can rigorously suss out fact and fiction. In reconsidering the role of race and racism in American history, that's what students of critical race theory aim to do." CNN quoting history professors

As a trained historian I respectfully disagree. And as most news channels do, I am sure CNN picked history professors who agree with their point. I can assure you most historians feel CRT is incorrect. As far as everything being discussed. What should be discussed is what happened, not theory that is designed to back a political viewpoint.
Waco1947
chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

As a trained historian I respectfully disagree. And as most news channels do, I am sure CNN picked history professors who agree with their point. I can assure you most historians feel CRT is incorrect. As far as everything being discussed. What should be discussed is what happened, not theory that is designed to back a political viewpoint.
Well that historian maybe "hand picked" but the truth of what he says - - he acknowledges that history has several driving forces. Racism is one of many forces driving our understanding of history. CRT does not claim that racism is THE driving force.
chrisbyrum
Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Waco1947 said:

chrisbyrum said:

Well that historian maybe "hand picked" but the truth of what he says - - he acknowledges that history has several driving forces. Racism is one of many forces driving our understanding of history. CRT does not claim that racism is THE driving force.
Once again we disagree, the CRT proponents I have spoken to tell me that racism is the driving force behind history. In fact they say it all the time. In the Legal Defense Funds explanation of CRT describes how racism in the primary cause of our issues today and leads to systemic racism throughout most everything, including laws and government. Racism is central to their argument. I am not saying racism does not exist. I am saying that economics leads many to punish and suppress others regardless of racism. It has become an excuse.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

What? Teach CRT? Not what the article said. She found the public edcation K-12 did not teach it.
Buddy read what I wrote. I'm saying that you personally want CRT taught in schools.
But you want them to teach critical race theory that's strawman Buddy
Do you want them to teach it or not?
There's a reason he won't answer the question.
Define crt.
I am asking what is your understanding? Not what you think I believe
You're deflecting. All I'm asking is if you want schools to teach critical race theory or not and you won't give me an answer because either answer is a bad look for you.

You're acting like schools aren't teaching this stuff so those against it need to shut their mouths, all while you simultaneously want schools to teach that stuff. That's called hypocrisy.

I'll define it:

Critical race theory states that U.S. social institutions (e.g., the criminal justice system, education system, labor market, housing market, and healthcare system) are laced with racism embedded in laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that lead to differential outcomes by race.

It completely ignores culture, human behavior and can't provide explicit laws, regulations, rules, and procedures that are grounded in racism. For example it claims that black people have worse outcomes and assumes its because of racism and completely ignores the fact that black men at extremely high rates are not present in their children's life which is highly correlated with bad decision making, being poor, violence etc which is reflected in the data.

So not only does it lie about the reasons for differences in outcomes by race, it makes them worse by avoiding the truth.
Thank you. However you make assumptions about the outcomes.
Absolutely, because it's based on correlative data that proves such.
Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron said:

There is too much grift in Big Racism. That's why they have to ensure it is never solved hence we keep re-defining it to keep the money train moving.
If you ever want to find the source of all this radical nonsense...it's always GRIFT. Everything goes back to grift.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.