Granbury School Board Member Discovers the Lies of the Right Wing

7,845 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Doc Holliday
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Right Winger discover the hypocrisy and lies of the right wing. Courtney Gore had impeccable right wing credentials but ........
Weeks after winning a school board seat in her deeply red Texas county, Courtney Gore immersed herself in the district's curriculum, spending her nights and weekends poring over hundreds of pages of lesson plans that she had fanned out on the coffee table in her living room and even across her bed. She was searching for evidence of the sweeping national movement she had warned on the campaign trail was indoctrinating schoolchildren.
Gore, the co-host of a far-right online talk show, had promised that she would be a strong Republican voice on the nonpartisan school board. Citing "small town, conservative Christian values," she pledged to inspect educational materials for inappropriate messages about sexuality and race and remove them from every campus in the 7,700-student Granbury Independent School District, an hour southwest of Fort Worth. "Over the years our American Education System has been hijacked by Leftists looking to indoctrinate our kids into the 'progressive' way of thinking, and yes, they've tried to do this in Granbury ISD," she wrote in a September 2021 Facebook post, two months before the election. "I cannot sit by and watch their twisted worldview infiltrate Granbury ISD."
But after taking office and examining hundreds of pages of curriculum, Gore was shocked by what she found and didn't find.
The pervasive indoctrination she had railed against simply did not exist.
Children were not being sexualized, and she could find no examples of critical race theory, an advanced academic concept that examines systemic racism. She'd examined curriculum related to social-emotional learning, which has come under attack by Christian conservatives who say it encourages children to question gender roles and prioritizes feelings over biblical teachings. Instead, Gore found the materials taught children "how to be a good friend, a good human."
Gore rushed to share the news with the hard-liners who had encouraged her to run for the seat. She expected them to be as relieved and excited as she had been. But she said they were indifferent, even dismissive, because "it didn't fit the narrative that they were trying to push."
So, in the spring of 2022, Gore went public with a series of Facebook posts. She told residents that her backers were using divisive rhetoric to manipulate the community's emotions. They were interested not in improving public education but rather in sowing distrust, Gore said.
"I'm over the political agenda, hypocrisy bs," Gore wrote. "I took part in it myself. I refuse to participate in it any longer. It's not serving our party. We have to do better."
Gore's open defiance of far-right GOP orthodoxy represents an unusual sign of independence in a state and in a party that experts say increasingly punish those deemed disloyal. It particularly stands out at a time when Republican leaders are publicly attacking elected officials who do not support direct funding to private schools.
"It's a rare event to see this kind of political leap, especially in a world that's so polarized," said University of Houston political scientist Brandon Rottinghaus. "You rarely see these kinds of changes because the people who are vetted to run tend to be true believers. They tend not to be people who are necessarily thinking about the holistic problem."
"With the presence of Donald Trump, fealty to cause has amplified, so this kind of action is much more meaningful and much more visible than it was a decade ago," Rottinghaus said about Gore.
  • JEREMY SCHWARTZ
    The Texas Tribune and ProPublica

Waco1947
GrowlTowel
How many children were mutilated?

How many drag queens exposed themselves?

How many abortions performed?

How many men in girl locker rooms?

How many pronoun lessons taught?
4th and Inches
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Wangchung

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

It's not happening .... it's happening and it's a good thing.

Regressives are stupid..
Doc Holliday
Waco47: "see there's no left wing ideology in school"

Also Waco47: "they should teach left wing ideology in school"
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
GrowlTowel said:

I have taught in 8 public schools in Texas and 2 in Alaska. I have never seen any of these things. The schools ranged from 1A to 5A in central and coastal Texas, and in Alaska one bush school and one school on the grid.
Well, now I think back I have taught lessons in pronoun usage. I bet you and your parents had the same pronoun lessons.

GrowlTowel
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

GrowlTowel said:

I have taught in 8 public schools in Texas and 2 in Alaska. I have never seen any of these things. The schools ranged from 1A to 5A in central and coastal Texas, and in Alaska one bush school and one school on the grid.
Well, now I think back I have taught lessons in pronoun usage. I bet you and your parents had the same pronoun lessons.

And your point is?
LIB,MR BEARS

GrowlTowel said:

goatze?
Doc Holliday

GrowlTowel said:

If its not being taught in school and Gen Z is heavily brainwashed by woke ideology...then would you conclude that social media or corporations are the cause for the brainwashing?

Whose at fault for creating this cult?
Waco1947

"The pervasive indoctrination she had railed against simply did not exist.

Children were not being sexualized, and she could find no examples of critical race theory, an advanced academic concept that examines systemic racism. She'd examined curriculum related to social-emotional learning, which has come under attack by Christian conservatives who say it encourages children to question gender roles and prioritizes feelings over biblical teachings. Instead, Gore found the materials taught children "how to be a good friend, a good human."
So no one responded to actual content with exception pf IQ< the teacher. That's sad.Right winger are incapable of dialogue as the OP prests
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

"The pervasive indoctrination she had railed against simply did not exist.

So no one responded to actual content with exception pf IQ< the teacher. That's sad.Right winger are incapable of dialogue as the OP prests

But you want them to teach critical race theory...and if they actually were and we complained about it, you'd just call us racists.
Waco1947
What? Teach CRT? Not what the article said. She found the public edcation K-12 did not teach it.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

What? Teach CRT? Not what the article said. She found the public edcation K-12 did not teach it.
Buddy read what I wrote. I'm saying that you personally want CRT taught in schools.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

she found that Grandbury isd curriculum did not list it, she didn't say that the teachers didn't teach outside the curriculum(they do that all the time), or that other schools in the state of Texas weren't teaching it(they are)..

The articles conclusion is that one school system in the state of Texas isnt teaching it so none must be..

You dont see a problem with that conclusion?

We all know its not every classroom in every school that is doing it but it is being done, sometimes by a rogue teacher and sometimes by the school boards adopted curriculum requirements
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
ARbear13
I am a teacher in a Texas public school.

There are places in America where left-wing talking points are a core part of the curriculum, but Texas isn't one of them. There are left-wing teachers in Texas, but they are going rogue if they are teaching hard left ideology in class; the same goes for right-wing teachers.

The vast majority of teachers just want to do their job and go home. A few teachers have an ideological axe to grind, but it isn't part of the standard curriculum. If anyone is hunting for blatant ideological bias in printed curriculum, they almost certainly will not find it.

Your kids (grandkids, for many of you) have adopted left-wing beliefs because they had unrestricted Internet access at too early an age. Teachers had very little to do with it.
LIB,MR BEARS
ARbear13 said:

There are places in America where left-wing talking points are a core part of the curriculum, but Texas isn't one of them. There are left-wing teachers in Texas, but they are going rogue if they are teaching hard left ideology in class; the same goes for right-wing teachers.

The vast majority of teachers just want to do their job and go home. A few teachers have an ideological axe to grind, but it isn't part of the standard curriculum. If anyone is hunting for blatant ideological bias in printed curriculum, they almost certainly will not find it.

Your kids (grandkids, for many of you) have adopted left-wing beliefs because they had unrestricted Internet access at too early an age. Teachers had very little to do with it.
probably way more truth here than most of us would like to admit.

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

ARbear13 said:

Yes, some truth for sure. We're in Texas, and our republican government and conservative leaning citizens try to prevent the progressive agenda. But we all know that progressives if given control or lack of oversight absolutely do try to interject the "woke" agenda into the classroom. It's their religion, and there's rarely repurcussions in liberal run cities, such as Houston for example. Pretending that it's very rare in Texas may be true in rural areas, but isn't true for all of Texas.

What's odd about the OP article is that it presumes voters are only concerned about what is currently in the curriculum, but the truth is that voters KNOW that if the left gains control that they will absolutely try to force their agenda. 47 is the prime example, he'd definitely force gender bending "education" on elementary schools. So voters want the conservative elected official to protect from the left's known and stated agenda.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Buddy read what I wrote. I'm saying that you personally want CRT taught in schools.
But you want them to teach critical race theory that's strawman Buddy
Waco1947
4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

she found that Grandbury isd curriculum did not list it, she didn't say that the teachers didn't teach outside the curriculum(they do that all the time), or that other schools in the state of Texas weren't teaching it(they are)..

The articles conclusion is that one school system in the state of Texas isnt teaching it so none must be..

We all know its not every classroom in every school that is doing it but it is being done, sometimes by a rogue teacher and sometimes by the school boards adopted curriculum requirements
You are parsing your own straw men
ARbear13
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ARbear13 said:

Yes, some truth for sure. We're in Texas, and our republican government and conservative leaning citizens try to prevent the progressive agenda. But we all know that progressives if given control or lack of oversight absolutely do try to interject the "woke" agenda into the classroom. It's their religion, and there's rarely repurcussions in liberal run cities, such as Houston for example. Pretending that it's very rare in Texas may be true in rural areas, but isn't true for all of Texas.

What's odd about the OP article is that it presumes voters are only concerned about what is currently in the curriculum, but the truth is that voters KNOW that if the left gains control that they will absolutely try to force their agenda. 47 is the prime example, he'd definitely force gender bending "education" on elementary schools. So voters want the conservative elected official to protect from the left's known and stated agenda.
I don't deny that you'll see the occasional leftist activist in education, particularly in urban districts.

What I'm saying is that conservatives are barking up the wrong tree. Children are exposed to stuff 50 times worse, and 50 times more often, on TikTok, Instagram, and Reddit than the curriculum in even the most liberal rogue teacher's classroom. Want to actually cut down on children being exposed to degeneracy? Ban minors from most social media sites.

Besides, kids (especially teens) hate teachers that get too preachy about anything. If you want most kids 7th grade and older to dislike something, all you have to do is force them to hear about it at school every day.
Mothra
ARbear13 said:

I generally agree with this, though I will say I have first hand knowledge of a few districts in which the school board and people in the admin have allowed their leftist ideology to seep into the curriculum. Leander ISD is one example, and Richardson ISD is another. Leander had a ton of LGBT material in its required reading lists for middle and high-school aged students. Good news is that the backlash has caused Leander to backtrack, and most of the more sexualized material has been removed. Richardson, on the other hand, had an out of control DEI officer who was teaching a ton of leftist crap in his curriculum in the weekly "diversity and inclusion" hour at the local elementary schools. Backlash there was also swift, with the woke superintendent being removed and the material being excluded.

These are just a couple of examples, and from a couple of years ago when this crap was out of control. The pendulum has definitely started to swing back in the other direction, thankfully.

Your last statement is spot on. I was a small group leader for my oldest son's youth group, and was amazed at the filth that parents allowed their teen boys to see. Unrestricted internet access is a recipe for disaster. It shocks me that conservative and Christian parents aren't doing more to monitor their childrens' social media and internet intake.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

But you want them to teach critical race theory that's strawman Buddy
Do you want them to teach it or not?
Waco1947
"Our republican government and conservative leaning citizens try to prevent the progressive agenda." True but your "progressive agenda" is a straw man without context or dialogue or debate.

We all know that progressives will try to interject the "woke" agenda into the classroom. again, a straw man without context or dialogue or debate.

It's their religion, and there's rarely repercussions in liberal run cities, such as Houston for example. Do you have proof? Besides Abbott's guy is in Houston is a cheat and is trying to destroy Public Education.
He has closed down libraries and made them into detention centers.
Pretending that it's very rare in Texas may be true in rural areas, but isn't true for all of Texas. What?

What's odd about the OP article is that it presumes voters are only concerned about what is currently in the curriculum, but the truth is that voters KNOW that if the left gains control that they will absolutely try to force their agenda.
47 is the prime example, he'd definitely force gender bending "education" on elementary schools. So voters want the conservative elected official to protect from the left's known and stated agenda. You sir, are lying about me.
Abbott and the GOP lege are starving local districts and simply are giving the districts enough money to meet expenses an raises. Their agenda to squeeze Public Education and funnel the funds into already rich parents and private schools. I do not want tax dollars paying private schools.
Texas ranks 41 or 42 in education among the states.

From NPR "Texas ranked 14th in the U.S. for the average starting teacher salary at $45,493 during the 2021-2022 school year $2,648 higher than the national average.

But Texas falls behind significantly when it comes to salaries for experienced teachers. The average top salary for a Texas teacher is $64,739, which is more than $13,000 below the national average for a top teacher salary. Molina said the failure to adequately compensate veteran teachers can also be a deterrent for new teachers who do not see the field as sustainable."

The GOP lege cuts payments to local districts. That lack of money means districts have to scramble to be on budget to the detriment of programs and the students.
chrisbyrum
ARbear13 said:

As a fellow public school teacher in Texas, I fully agree.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

4th and Inches said:

Waco1947 said:

You are parsing your own straw men
you suck at debate..

I told you the article drew a false conclusion and why

You dismiss it.

–Horace

LIB,MR BEARS

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ARbear13 said:

My daughter has worked for three ISDs in the Waco area, two rural and one low income suburb.

The rural districts are VERY conservative and do everything they can to remain that way. The low income suburban district seemed to be a mix of conservative/liberal/counting days till retirement-type of not caring.

The rural district still have a handful of students that wave the liberal/lgbt flag. That's why I think the 8 year old with a cell phone and no supervision sways not just what kids see but what they think.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ARbear13 said:

My daughter has worked for three ISDs in the Waco area, two rural and one low income suburb.

The rural districts are VERY conservative and do everything they can to remain that way. The low income suburban district seemed to be a mix of conservative/liberal/counting days till retirement-type of not caring.

The rural district still have a handful of students that wave the liberal/lgbt flag. That's why I think the 8 year old with a cell phone and no supervision sways not just what kids see but what they think.
Not disagreeing with you at all, the phone, computer, media in general is definitely socially engineering young kids to believe all kinds of progressive nonsense. Just think most liberal run schools have an element of that as well.
Daveisabovereproach
Doc Holliday said:

Waco47: "see there's no left wing ideology in school"

Also Waco47: "they should teach left wing ideology in school"

Worst poster on this site. Other than his extreme liberal political views, he's also on record saying that Aranda is doing an awesome job. Some people are wrong about most things but still on point about some things, but this dude is an example of a guy that's just wrong about everything all the time, lol. I wouldn't trust a restaurant recommendation from him much less an opinion about football or politics. But hey, that's consistency!
Jack Bauer

GrowlTowel said:

You had pronoun lessons like this?

Jack Bauer
This isn't happening although we can post examples every week of this happening...

Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.