This is Collin Allred

9,138 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by boognish_bear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes. I am pretty much a homebody. In the last twenty years I have lived worked in Palacios, Copperas Cove, Lamarque, Mildred, Temple. Pilot Station alaska. Craig Alaska. Al Ruwais UAE, Ban Pong, Thailand, Ventain. Laos, Guiyang China and Carmen de Playa Mexico. I am currently working a contract on Central Texas. I am.plannimg to.move to Hua Hin Thailand next year.

How about you?
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Realitybites
Been to all of North America, a couple of countries in Central America. All of South America with the exception of Paraguay and Venezuela. All of the Caribbean. Japan, Hong Kong, India, Israel, all of Western Europe except for Belgium and Portugal.

Like you, I am punching out next year. Enjoy Thailand.
KaiBear
Realitybites said:

Been to all of North America, a couple of countries in Central America. All of South America with the exception of Paraguay and Venezuela. All of the Caribbean. Japan, Hong Kong, India, Israel, all of Western Europe except for Belgium and Portugal.

US, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, Argentina, Chile, Columbia, Bolivia, Uruguay, most of the Caribbean, Iceland, England, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Falkland Islands, Iraq, Kuwait,New Zealand, Australia, Russia, Denmark, Norway, Finland.

My personal favorite…….New Zealand

What is your final destination next year ?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Realitybites said:

You are a high stepper. I just listed the places I have lived and worked. Ive been a tourist in most of Europe and the Caribbean. Seeing the world has made a major impact on my thoughts.

I
midgett
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Realitybites said:

You are a high stepper. I just listed the places I have lived and worked. Ive been a tourist in most of Europe and the Caribbean. Seeing the world has made a major impact on my thoughts.

I
It is not necessarily a virtue.
KaiBear
midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I

You are so right.

In most of South America and Central America to cheat on your wife is not considered low class.

Rather it proves your manhood, increases your stature with your amigos. Many men have a wife and 2-3 'official' girlfriends.
To be fair, many attractive, but poverty stricken girls in many countries have few other options but to hook up with a man of even average ( by US standards ) means.

Which is why 'passport bros' have become increasingly popular over the last 20 years.

To steal from your business competition, to lie cheat and take advantage of any western business associate is completely honorable to the Chinese. Only in the last decade or so have westerners finally figured this out.
Realitybites
KaiBear said:

what is your final destination next year ?

Depends. If Milei fixes the Argentine tax code, Bariloche, San Martin De Los Andes, or Ushuaia by a country mile. Otherwise Montevideo, Georgetown (CI), Antigua, Belgrade, Kotor, Budapest, Sochi, Mauritius or Singapore. Georgetown and Antigua, are a bit too correlated though.

I'm looking at it as if I'm a free agent at this point, and whichever team has the best coaching staff and offer on the table is where I will sign.

I'd strongly recommend investigating dual citizenships. You dont want to be stuck at Dunkirk with the Nazis coming and no boat to escape.
KaiBear
Realitybites said:

KaiBear said:

Depends. If Milei fixes the Argentine tax code, Bariloche, San Martin De Los Andes, or Ushuaia by a country mile. Otherwise Montevideo, Georgetown (CI), Antigua, Belgrade, Kotor, Budapest, Sochi, Mauritius or Singapore. Georgetown and Antigua, are a bit too correlated though.

I'm looking at it as if I'm a free agent at this point, and whichever team has the best coaching staff and offer on the table is where I will sign.

I'd strongly recommend investigating dual citizenships. You dont want to be stuck at Dunkirk with the Nazis coming and no boat to escape.
Been to Argentina a few times.

Lots of beautiful, well dressed women.

But Argentina's problems are far too deep for one man to remedy.

Montevideo is at the top of my wife's list . I have no idea why.
Been there once, it's ok but neither of us speak Castilian Spanish.
Only Tex-Mex.

Absolutely yes with the dual citizenship.
Realitybites
KaiBear said:

Only Tex-Mex.

It can be a bit boring, but good food, good wine, good health care, a nice ocean front boardwalk, not a terrible crime rate and 0% for a decade or 7% for life (or until they decide to change it) is fairly compelling. Also, Montevideo and Argentina get you south of most of the North Ametican and European drug and human trafficking business while Paraguay north through Mexico doesn't. For Latin America, real estate in Uruguay is on the expensive side.

English speaking becomes more difficult as most of the places using it are further down the road to perdition. Some go to Belize, Malta, or Ireland but Belize lacks infrastructure and you'll have to leave for health care and the latter two are EU member states. Belize (and Antigua along with S.K.) have significant issues with violent crime. New Zealand is nice and geographically uncorrelated but doesn't solve any of the governance issues. Kuala Lumpur or Panang may be options and if Belize was ever on the radar Port Villa offers a similar level of development without the crime. It has its own 0% deal, but all property there is leasehold, not freehold.

My analysis is for married and established Gen Xers or Millenials who are in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the game with a comfortable lead and don't to be on the team flight with Warren Moon and the Oilers flying home from Buffalo. If you are 20 something and single learn Spanish and go to B.A., Polish and go to Warsaw, Russian and elsewhere in Eastern Europe.
whiterock
KaiBear said:

Realitybites said:

KaiBear said:

Only Tex-Mex.

FYI the USA does not recognize dual citizenship. one is either an Amcit or not, as far as US law is concerned. So the only value of dual citizenship is the open door afforded elsewhere. With that comes double tax liability......
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I
I think seeing how other cultures live is a good thing. I enjoy travelling. Some people dont.
KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Realitybites said:

KaiBear said:

Only Tex-Mex.

So the only value of dual citizenship is the open door afforded elsewhere. With that comes double tax liability......

Thank you for the reminders.

If Trump loses I would be willing to give up US citizenship if we could live in New Zealand.

But at 69 we might be too old to be accepted even if we qualify financially.

Hence my wife wants Uruguay.

J.R.

midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I
I think seeing how other cultures live is a good thing. I enjoy travelling. Some people dont.
You are 100% correct . It helps with perception and broader view of the world. I have been to 45 countries. Currently split time between Mexico(SMA), Paris and Colorado. home base is in Dallas. For who ever said they wanted to go to English speaking countries, why don't you try to pick up some of the language . It makes a difference.
LIB,MR BEARS

Yes. I am pretty much a homebody. In the last twenty years I have lived worked in Palacios, Copperas Cove, Lamarque, Mildred, Temple. Pilot Station alaska. Craig Alaska. Al Ruwais UAE, Ban Pong, Thailand, Ventain. Laos, Guiyang China and Carmen de Playa Mexico. I am currently working a contract on Central Texas. I am.plannimg to.move to Hua Hin Thailand next year.

How about you?

Bremond, both sides of the tracks.
LIB,MR BEARS
midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I

So your saying a vending machine in Thailand that offers soiled panties may not be a good thing?
sombear
J.R. said:

midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I
You are 100% correct . It helps with perception and broader view of the world. I have been to 45 countries. Currently split time between Mexico(SMA), Paris and Colorado. home base is in Dallas. For who ever said they wanted to go to English speaking countries, why don't you try to pick up some of the language . It makes a difference.
Int'l travel has been tremendous for me. I've learned and grown a ton from it. Met wonderful people all over the world many of whom remain friends. But I have to say, more than anything, it has always made me appreciate the good 'ol USA and our people even more.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
LIB,MR BEARS said:

midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I

So your saying a vending machine in Thailand that offers soiled panties may not be a good thing?

Uses to live and work there. Never seen that. Have you? Didnt show up on Google either? Is it possible you are confusing Thailand with Japan?
LIB,MR BEARS

LIB,MR BEARS said:

midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I

Uses to live and work there. Never seen that. Have you? Didnt show up on Google either? Is it possible you are confusing Thailand with Japan?
your superior knowledge on such things is correct. I searched it just now and it is indeed Japan.

I wish I could say I'm surprised you knew that but I'd be lying.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
LIB,MR BEARS said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

midgett said:

Realitybites said:

I

your superior knowledge on such things is correct. I searched it just now and it is indeed Japan.

I wish I could say I'm surprised you knew that but I'd be lying.
lol you brought it up. i didnt know any such thing existed. Apparently you did. I had never seen them anywhere so I googled it, just like you.
Redbrickbear
Realitybites
whiterock said:

FYI the USA does not recognize dual citizenship. one is either an Amcit or not, as far as US law is concerned. So the only value of dual citizenship is the open door afforded elsewhere. With that comes double tax liability......

For 30 years I've voted, volunteered, and worked hard to prevent the country from arriving at this fork in the road. The extent of my lawbreaking has been one speeding ticket and running a stop sign I didn't see in a construction zone. I've always paid every red cent of taxes I owed.

There are tax treaties, and free agents typically don't keep wearing the jersey of their old team when they go play for a new one. Its fine. Sometimes the coach gets fired and the new staff decides they want to let the veteran go and draft a team full of cat eating Hatian rookies. No hard feelings.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The USA does recognize dual citizenship.

Some countries dont. Thailand requires you to give up USA citizenship before getting a Thai citizenship. However, you can hve both as far as the USA is concerned. I know a dr. that has both USA and Filipino passports. It helps speed up moving between countries.
Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear said:

Ha ha! The "out of context" excuse.
ScottS
Redbrickbear said:

Caught in his lie. Liberals are liars.
KaiBear
ScottS said:

Redbrickbear said:

Caught in his lie. Liberals are liars.
And liberals control the narrative on most internet platforms.

Google news is ridiculously slanted against Republicans.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Yep he got caught lying or changed his mind. Either way it makes him look bad. I dont see how media slant helped him.
Malbec

Yep he got caught lying or changed his mind. Either way it makes him look bad. I dont see how media slant helped him.
What's bad is the 8 years he spent supporting a policy in direct opposition to the desires of the people he now wants to speak for in the Senate; and the four years he has supported the policies that have flooded the cities and towns of those same people with third-world rabble and taxpayer-leeching programs that have altered the everyday lives of their families. He is coresponsible for the state of the country, and that doesn't just make him look bad; it makes him bad for public office.
whiterock

The USA does recognize dual citizenship.

Some countries dont. Thailand requires you to give up USA citizenship before getting a Thai citizenship. However, you can hve both as far as the USA is concerned. I know a dr. that has both USA and Filipino passports. It helps speed up moving between countries.
That's the most common template - using the dual citizenship to facilitate flitting back & forth.

I'm surprised that we have not seen any efforts in Congress to require US citizens to renounce any other citizenship(s) they may hold. It would be a logical reaction to the kinds of turmoil we see now.
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.