Can we get new candidates?

9,443 Views | 238 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by FLBear5630
Malbec
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nein51 said:

Who in their right mind watched that and it improved their thoughts on Biden? How is that even possible.

I'm a basically never Trump kind of guy but come on man, how in the love do you pick up approval after that?

Jesus people are stupid. We are getting what we deserve.
They all know that it was just a case of Joe forgetting to drink his bottle of Brawndo before the debate.
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

A significant portion of those younger voters were in their parents living rooms watching with those old, old voters.
lol, no they werent
That is one of my fears from the debate. Watching Candidates in the 80's. The younger generations are not stepping up. I fear that when there are no more of the older generation to fill these roles the younger generations will be happy to cede the US to China as long as their standard of living isn't impacted. They are looking to cash out and not have to work at 30. Looking back at the end, saying I partied and relaxed my whole life would be a waste of a life, but I don't think people think that way anymore. Cashing out IS the goal, someone else will run the country and keep it going...
nein51
Left with no choice but to vote for him but he's also awful. How can you have people like Ron DeSantis and Tulsi Gabbard and end up with either of these chuckle headed morons?

And I don't love everything about either of those candidates either but BOTH would be miles and miles better.
nein51
Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

Who in their right mind watched that and it improved their thoughts on Biden? How is that even possible.

I'm a basically never Trump kind of guy but come on man, how in the love do you pick up approval after that?

Nein, I still have a hard time believing what I saw on the "debate" stage..For an incumbent President of the United States to show himself in such manner is mind boggling..I believe this performance was about far more than debate skills..For many, I think all Biden had to do was show himself to be of sound mind and able to handle the difficult situational circumstances of the Office. In my opinion, he didn't get there.

All he had to do was look sane and not feeble and he couldn't even do that. But he gained momentum in some polls. The hate people have for Trump is, at minimum, incredibly interesting.

It's like Nickleback, there's an irrational hatred that you can't really reconcile.
KaiBear
nein51 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

Nein, I still have a hard time believing what I saw on the "debate" stage..For an incumbent President of the United States to show himself in such manner is mind boggling..I believe this performance was about far more than debate skills..For many, I think all Biden had to do was show himself to be of sound mind and able to handle the difficult situational circumstances of the Office. In my opinion, he didn't get there.

The hate people have for Trump is, at minimum, incredibly interesting.

It's a visceral, instinctive hate of the rich kid who had all the hot girls, fattest cars and bragged about it year after year.

The Republican leadership is fully aware of this hatred , yet never found the guts to derail Trump and produce a candidate with broader appeal.

4th and Inches
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

It's a visceral, instinctive hate of the rich kid who had all the hot girls, fattest cars and bragged about it year after year.

The Republican leadership is fully aware of this hatred , yet never found the guts to derail Trump and produce a candidate with broader appeal.

ignore the letter after their name and watch how they act.. tells you everything
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Aliceinbubbleland
Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

I'm voting for Trump, but damn does he wear me out.
Trump is so lucky so many just detest the other side so much that they can overlook his childish lying behavior. This is just a perfect example of Trump World.
Vote for Manchin please
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump is so lucky so many just detest the other side so much that they can overlook his childish lying behavior. This is just a perfect example of Trump World.

You objectively think trump Lies More than biden? Obama? Clinton?

Fre3dombear
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

It is fun to watch. Mainly reveals the weak that haven't accomplished much in life.

They never can state any policies they disliked about him and how it helped more people and are happier being te-enslaved by the democrat marxists Biden and Obama etc. Ideology

If you have money though( man it's never been better
Aliceinbubbleland
Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely

Vote for Manchin please
curtpenn
KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

Republican "leadership" embodies those characteristics and has forever. Not likely to disavow themselves.
Cobretti
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely

Quote:

1. "Suckers and losers" lie
2. "Hitler did good things" lie
3. "Fine people" lie
4. "My son died in Iraq" lie
5. "I capped insulin at $15" lie
6. "I capped Medicaid drug expenses at $200" lie
7. "Retaliation" lie
8. "Trump said he would be a dictator" lie
9. "No soldiers died on my watch" lie
10. "Border crossings fewer than Trump" lie
11. "Unemployment was 15% under Trump" lie
12. "Trump wants to get rid of Social Security" lie
13. "Billionaires pay 8.2% in taxes" lie
14. "Trump said inject bleach" lie
15. "Border patrol endorsed me" lie

"serial liar"

Quote:

"When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program," Mr. Biden thundered, testing his presidential message in February 1987 before a New Hampshire audience. "I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes. And we changed attitudes."

More than once, advisers had gently reminded Mr. Biden of the problem with this formulation: He had not actually marched during the civil rights movement. And more than once, Mr. Biden assured them he understood and kept telling the story anyway.

By that September, his recklessness as a candidate had caught up with him. He was accused of plagiarizing in campaign speeches. He had inflated his academic record. Reporters began calling out his exaggerated youth activism.
LIB,MR BEARS
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

I had a narcissist as a sales person once. I despised them.

They were arrogant, egotistical, NEVER accepted blame for anything. Everything about them rubbed me wrong.

Oh ya, they were also the best salesperson I ever had.

I couldn't stand to be around them but, they made me some money.

I look at that person like I look at Trump, a necessary evil
Aliceinbubbleland
This is surprising.

Vote for Manchin please
Jack Bauer
Poooooor Rick

4th and Inches
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely

Ask those gold star families which president they like better..

Trumps "Biggest crowd ever" is far different Bidens "nobody died under my watch"
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Poooooor Rick

He described Biden. Everything the LWNJ say about Trump is projection.
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely

Lol

Welp, if one can mail in a vote they can vote several times

#murrica
boognish_bear
KaiBear
Fre3dombear said:

KaiBear said:

nein51 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

nein51 said:

It is fun to watch.

Politically it makes it extremely difficult to get into office.
Whiskey Pete
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

I'd rather overlook childish behavior than dementia. It's kind of a no brainer.
Whiskey Pete
Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

He's a Bluetie, and also a card carrying member of the TDS Cult.
Whiskey Pete
Cobretti said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Fre3dombear said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

Absolutely

Quote:

1. "Suckers and losers" lie
2. "Hitler did good things" lie
3. "Fine people" lie
4. "My son died in Iraq" lie
5. "I capped insulin at $15" lie
6. "I capped Medicaid drug expenses at $200" lie
7. "Retaliation" lie
8. "Trump said he would be a dictator" lie
9. "No soldiers died on my watch" lie
10. "Border crossings fewer than Trump" lie
11. "Unemployment was 15% under Trump" lie
12. "Trump wants to get rid of Social Security" lie
13. "Billionaires pay 8.2% in taxes" lie
14. "Trump said inject bleach" lie
15. "Border patrol endorsed me" lie

"serial liar"

Quote:

"When I marched in the civil rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program," Mr. Biden thundered, testing his presidential message in February 1987 before a New Hampshire audience. "I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes. And we changed attitudes."

More than once, advisers had gently reminded Mr. Biden of the problem with this formulation: He had not actually marched during the civil rights movement. And more than once, Mr. Biden assured them he understood and kept telling the story anyway.

By that September, his recklessness as a candidate had caught up with him. He was accused of plagiarizing in campaign speeches. He had inflated his academic record. Reporters began calling out his exaggerated youth activism.

Pinocchio Joe has mastered the art of lying through. That guy is so full of ****, I think he actually believes his own BS
GrowlTowel
There is not a single scientific poll out as of yet regarding the aftermath of the debate. Wait 5 days and then have a look see.
Harrison Bergeron
Biden is the biggest *******, biggest racist, and biggest liar to occupy the White House since at least LBJ.
whiterock
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

Poooooor Rick

He described Biden. Everything the LWNJ say about Trump is projection.
100%

Trump provokes leftist vanities, thereby revealing the inherent authoritarianism of collectivism.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Cobretti
nein51
Not sure why people are hung up on this. If they are in politics they are a liar. It comes with the territory. Who does it more or tells bigger lies is almost entirely irrelevant to me.

You can tell they are lying when their lips are moving. Sometimes it's on purpose. Sometimes it's a matter of lying on purpose, sometimes a lie of omission, sometimes they truly believe what they are saying and it's just wrong.
boognish_bear
Harrison Bergeron
nein51 said:

Not sure why people are hung up on this. If they are in politics they are a liar. It comes with the territory. Who does it more or tells bigger lies is almost entirely irrelevant to me.

You can tell they are lying when their lips are moving. Sometimes it's on purpose. Sometimes it's a matter of lying on purpose, sometimes a lie of omission, sometimes they truly believe what they are saying and it's just wrong.

Biden takes lying to an entirely new level. It's the biographical stuff he just makes up without hesitation. It's sociopathic.
whiterock
How do you remove a candidate due to unfitness for office without also removing him from the office he holds? Go thru all the folderol removing him from ballots in 50 states, releasing all his delegates, weeks of state and national Executive Committee meetings to argue about who should be the replacement candidate, but let the old man continue to dodder on in office for 7 more months?

Unfitness to run for office is unfitness to hokd that office.

Any successful replacement strategy has to answer that question.

The best way to do it is to remove him from office and promote the designated successor. Any other option exposes them to potentially greater derision than just leaving him in place. The Dems have two pretty big hurdles in that regard: Biden ain't going to resign from office, and Harris is a worse candidate than Trump.
nein51
Harrison Bergeron said:

nein51 said:

Biden takes lying to an entirely new level. It's the biographical stuff he just makes up without hesitation. It's sociopathic.

Maybe but he's not the first and he won't be the last. It's ridiculous that we overlook it; the constant lies about his son's death, are particularly egregious and disgusting to me.
KaiBear
whiterock said:

The best way to do it is to remove him from office and promote the designated successor.

Have long suspected Harris was given such a promise back in 2020. She helps bring in the black vote in exchange for becoming the first woman president.

Without the trouble of actually being elected which in Harris's case is impossible.

Otherwise why would Harris give up a super secure senate seat in exchange for the semi powerless VP spot ?

JXL
boognish_bear said:

No news anchors said that. Not a single one.
whiterock
This would be a good result if Biden were ahead. But he's not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.