CAB makes appearance at UH fball practice

15,612 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
YoakDaddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

REX said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Malbec said:

Eball said:

Good point but that is what they said it was. It was all very strange. So why did they not just say we suspending CAB until investigation complete if it was about CAB all along ?
You don't have a "campus-wide" investigation, then only present cases to the Board that involve football players, then issue statements of particulars with numbers only of football players, then produce a findings document that only offers details about cases that involve football players.

You do if you know what outcome you want before you start
Let's see. You have two convictions of sexual assault of football players. Where to take a look? Where to take a look? I know, BUGWB. You need me to explain to you what that is?

Was Sam already convicted ? I'm really not sure on the time line. Were there any other sexual assault convictions of Baylor students in the last 5 years or only these two? Just curious
Sam's conviction set off the Texas Monthly article which started everything with press outside Waco.

I think the frat president investigation was public sometime around then but not sure if that indictment came before or after Texas Monthly. No other SA convictions that I know of but Elliot and SamU. Nor have I heard of any plea deals to lesser charges. Somebody around here will know if they exist.

Just those 2. Shawn Oakman gets lumped in with them even though he'd already graduated and his trial hasn't started yet.
PartyBear
NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU do you really think two convictions warrants Briles being harrassed?
My gawd you can't read. Please tell me you didn't attend Baylor.

We we talking about firing.

I think the general topic here is about Briles being harassed and by some folks for showing up on his alma maters campus where his son coaches as well as misrepresentations about him as well. You thought it a "haha " type situation it appeared you thought that the idea the harassment of Briles should end soon something to laugh about. I'm not going to pull your style of juvenile attack. But seriously if you read this thread that appears to have been a major topic when I asked a question of you.
NoBSU
PartyBear said:

NoBSU said:

PartyBear said:

NoBSU do you really think two convictions warrants Briles being harrassed?
My gawd you can't read. Please tell me you didn't attend Baylor.

We we talking about firing.

I think the general topic here is about Briles being harassed and by some folks for showing up on his alma maters campus where his son coaches as well as misrepresentations about him as well. You thought it a "haha " type situation it appeared you thought that the idea the harassment of Briles should end soon something to laugh about. I'm not going to pull your style of juvenile attack. But seriously if you read this thread that appears to have been a major topic when I asked a question of you.
Scroll up pages and to be sure I am accurate. I am. My Lol was in response to somebody (contra something) saying it would soon by over. I explained that to RD2 who asked.

Dunnam is going to blow up the Patty Crawford deposition in the press. It will be a fun one. She could give some great insight into regent meddling and RR interference. She also has an instance where she asked about a 2013 issue when she arrived in 2015 that resulted in the player receiving discipline of sitting out game 1 of the 2015 season. I haven't tried googling to see what player that was. They will blackout names in her deposition so we may get few events but not specifics. But Ian wasn't positive on her in his deposition. So, she may shine some sunshine on a lot of people. This is a long ways from over.

My two convictions comment is a totally different post replying to eball. And yes it was a response involving firing not media harassment.
RioRata
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

NoBSU said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-smith-sex-toys-ohio-state-offices-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/

This should go over well.
Do you think Richard Willis reads that story and tells an assistant to get Smith on the Pharmaca mailing list?
hahaha! golden!

I imagine he looks over at the monster product on his desk and wonders if he can put an Ohio State log on it without being sued.

Dick Willis, Entrepreneur.

The logo would probably land him in hot water (shaggybevo...shaggytexas...byeshaggy) but there is a back door. Buckeyes are nuts soooo...

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/information-about-buckeye-nuts
Malbec
Since the other topic was locked on the football board, I would like to officially go on record as saying, "SHUT UP!" The people to whom that is directed know who they are. I have now fulfilled the requirement. Whew, that's a load off.
bunation
NoBSU said:

REX said:

Malbec said:

Eball said:

Good point but that is what they said it was. It was all very strange. So why did they not just say we suspending CAB until investigation complete if it was about CAB all along ?
You don't have a "campus-wide" investigation, then only present cases to the Board that involve football players, then issue statements of particulars with numbers only of football players, then produce a findings document that only offers details about cases that involve football players.

Let's see. You have two convictions of sexual assault of football players. Where to take a look? Where to take a look? I know, BUGWB. You need me to explain to you what that is?

Who?

Sam was never on the team.
Oakman's alledged offense with his girlfriend occurred after he finished his eligibility.

Who?
NoBSU
bunation said:

NoBSU said:

REX said:

Malbec said:

Eball said:

Who?

Sam was never on the team.
Oakman's alledged offense with his girlfriend occurred after he finished his eligibility.

Who?
That's right. SamU transferred from Boise State to be on the Baylor debate squad.

I wonder why CPB was familiar with SamU and once said he would be clear to play in a couple of months. CPB must follow the debate team and thought Sam would be debating in the fall.
bunation
Your failure to answer and defend your untruth, is the answer.................

Sam never even suited up for a practice, Bright One.
bunation
bunation said:

New name suggestion for you: "PureBS"
YoakDaddy
bunation said:

If I remember correctly, they were holding him out pending outcome of the courts.
NoBSU
bunation said:

So your insane logic is that SamU wasn't a Baylor football player because he was sitting out the year due to transfer rules. Forget that he was on football scholarship. Forget that he worked out with the team until he got into trouble. Forget that he was cleared with the school as a football player with specific procedures. Probably even paperwork filed with the NCAA that he was on financial aid as a football player. But you wave your magic mouse, click, and poof it never happened. Dude was just cruising down I35. Pulled over in Waco for a bite. Met a woman. Nothing to do with Baylor football?
NoBSU
YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

If I remember correctly, they were holding him out pending outcome of the courts.
His logic us that since SamU never practiced and never played in a game then he wasn't a football player. Crazy, right?

He counted as on a football scholarship. He was recruited as a football transfer.

YoakDaddy, this is the same as 0/0/0 by Robemcdo. They let the Dunnam filing of the emails on Elliot clear the football program of responsibility of Elliot. Then SamU doesn't count because he never player. So, the logic is 20/20 hindsight that football was spotless. Before, they claimed that the Jasmine Hernandez case was going to trial. She would be destroyed in cross ... football spotless. I couldn't even make this stuff up if I wanted to try.
Eball
NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

His logic us that since SamU never practiced and never played in a game then he wasn't a football player. Crazy, right?

He counted as on a football scholarship. He was recruited as a football transfer.

YoakDaddy, this is the same as 0/0/0 by Robemcdo. They let the Dunnam filing of the emails on Elliot clear the football program of responsibility of Elliot. Then SamU doesn't count because he never player. So, the logic is 20/20 hindsight that football was spotless. Before, they claimed that the Jasmine Hernandez case was going to trial. She would be destroyed in cross ... football spotless. I couldn't even make this stuff up if I wanted to try.
What did CAB or anyone from the Football program do wrong in regard to SAM U? Did anyone aide abet a sexual assault? did anyone cover up same? If Sam U had gone to a different program which he could have and committed a sexual assault would you still fault our program for trying to sign someone who committed a sexual assault somewhere else? I don't understand how the mere fact that a BU student who happens to be a football player who commits an assault is somehow the sole responsibility of the program? CPB said they thought they would have him back because our JA dept cleared him in his Title IX hearing...they kept him off the team because of the criminal charges which logically would be harder to prove because of the evidence standard which was much more difficult beyond a reasonable doubt.

If Sam U is all the damming evidence you have to throw at the Football program it is pretty weak evidence of wrongdoing by CAB in fact some would say it amounts to no evidence.
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

What did CAB or anyone from the Football program do wrong in regard to SAM U? Did anyone aide abet a sexual assault? did anyone cover up same? If Sam U had gone to a different program which he could have and committed a sexual assault would you still fault our program for trying to sign someone who committed a sexual assault somewhere else? I don't understand how the mere fact that a BU student who happens to be a football player who commits an assault is somehow the sole responsibility of the program? CPB said they thought they would have him back because our JA dept cleared him in his Title IX hearing...they kept him off the team because of the criminal charges which logically would be harder to prove because of the evidence standard which was much more difficult beyond a reasonable doubt.

If Sam U is all the damming evidence you have to throw at the Football program it is pretty weak evidence of wrongdoing by CAB in fact some would say it amounts to no evidence.
I said two football players were convicted of rape. That is an undeniable fact.

I am not trying to damn the football program. Quit acting like an idiot.

Two convictions. That is out in the press.

Texas Monthly blows it up. ESPN piles on.

Baylor decides on an investigation. Where should they start?

Yes, they should start at the football program. BASIC COMMON SENSE!!!!

What is wrong boys? Is simple logic getting on the way of you painting this as some 2015 plot to paint football as the problem? It wasn't some premeditated conspiracy. There were plenty of reasons to look at football. The first two reasons were two football players convicted of Sexual Assault. Undeniable.

Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

What is wrong boys? Is simple logic getting on the way of you painting this as some 2015 plot to paint football as the problem? It wasn't some premeditated conspiracy. There were plenty of reasons to look at football. The first two reasons were two football players convicted of Sexual Assault. Undeniable.

So what are you trying to say? I have to admit trying follow your posts and thoughts is difficult.

There were suits filed or claims made in regard to how BU handled victims of alleged SA...the JA was skewered in the press and by the ASST DA for its handling of Sam U. The fact that Sam and Tevin happened to be Football players was not being investigated it was BU's handling after the fact.
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

So what are you trying to say? I have to admit trying follow your posts and thoughts is difficult.

There were suits filed or claims made in regard to how BU handled victims of alleged SA...the JA was skewered in the press and by the ASST DA for its handling of Sam U. The fact that Sam and Tevin happened to be Football players was not being investigated it was BU's handling after the fact.
I am asking several of you to understand context.

I replied to posts about the PH investigation being set on football from the start. I agree. It was. It should have been. There were two convictions so the football program is obviously going to get the focus as it is in the press. This was a little less than a year before the WSJ and regent interviews with DMN and CBS. At that time for an investigation football was the realistic focus. Bunation is doing the Bobby Ewing defense - It was all a bad dream and now we wake up and it all goes away. You and others go thru the whole history and your personal conclusion when my point in reply to why PH focused on football is that it should have.
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

I replied to posts about the PH investigation being set on football from the start. I agree. It was. It should have been. There were two convictions so the football program is obviously going to get the focus as it is in the press. This was a little less than a year before the WSJ and regent interviews with DMN and CBS. At that time for an investigation football was the realistic focus. Bunation is doing the Bobby Ewing defense - It was all a bad dream and now we wake up and it all goes away. You and others go thru the whole history and your personal conclusion when my point in reply to why PH focused on football is that it should have.

So it was not focused on Title IX and how we responded to victims ? Well then how did we get here?
Malbec
NoBSU said:

Then, why lie and call it something else? And why not tell the truth about the two cases that lit the fire?
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

So it was not focused on Title IX and how we responded to victims ? Well then how did we get here?
TE and SU should have been the first things looked at. Go back to the beginning. Look at how the complaints were handled (which is part of Title IX review). They should have reviewed employee manuals, all HR related trainings, any special staff development trainings, and pour through active/closed cases in Judicial Affairs. But how do you do a review of Baylor, that was started by the Texas Monthly article, without focusing on every detail of TE and SU? That would include football deptament, athletic deoartment, judicial affairs, administration, and any BPD files.
xiledinok
Nobsu, Art Briles ran the J. R. Ewing defense.
No hungry blue blood would tolerate a two year wait on a blue blood player.
We look like sex starved virgins trying to find defensive ends. Wise men would have been recruiting their asses off until the players proved something on the field.
Forest Bueller
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Brian Ethridge said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

I thought she made money from both. But she's consistently been a supporter of BT, so I lump them together.

I could live with them sharing their stories, but I don't remember electing either of them to a position of power over a university, and that's any university.

If we're going to let them have an outsized opinion, let's just let some Antifa people protest too..
I could see both being back on campus, maybe all three.
Anything can happen. I just don't think of these people as authorities.

They're free to speak their hearts out, but ultimately they're just cashing checks on college football.
Exactly.
Florda_mike
Did Papa Briles get that HC job in Italy?
xiledinok
Florda_mike said:

He actually got a job. When is the parade announcement to honor those who hired him?
D. C. Bear
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

You have forgotten something important. Baylor had an internal investigation before they hired Pepper Hamilton, and Pepper Hamilton was hired to look at the entire university. This may have been because Baylor's first investigation showed that the problems on campus went so far beyond football that an outside investigation was called for, or maybe things in football were so bad that Baylor was incapable of investigating the problem itself as it had done with the Bliss fiasco. Hard to know one way or another without actual transparency from the institution. Nevertheless, either Pepper Hamilton was hired to do what Baylor said they were hired to do, or they were hired to do what you said they were hired to do. I'm not in a position to know which is correct.
Florda_mike
xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

He actually got a job. When is the parade announcement to honor those who hired him?

NoBSU
D. C. Bear said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

You have forgotten something important. Baylor had an internal investigation before they hired Pepper Hamilton, and Pepper Hamilton was hired to look at the entire university. This may have been because Baylor's first investigation showed that the problems on campus went so far beyond football that an outside investigation was called for, or maybe things in football were so bad that Baylor was incapable of investigating the problem itself as it had done with the Bliss fiasco. Hard to know one way or another without actual transparency from the institution. Nevertheless, either Pepper Hamilton was hired to do what Baylor said they were hired to do, or they were hired to do what you said they were hired to do. I'm not in a position to know which is correct.

Nope. Didn't forget. I think a lot of people did forget why we started investigations - SamU was convicted. For the last three years people have read posts on why we started investigations and now they think that they have it straight in their head. But some are off. It started with SamU's case and the parts of the university involved. Football is one of those offices. Title IX/JA. Athletic Department. This wasn't just a Title IX review. It wasn't just a review of the general university process. The FOF includes most of its volume to those last two. But actual sexual assaults were a target.

3.b . Has the quotes announcing the internal review. "(Starr) I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved." Note Starr said this case. This is immediately after SamU was convicted. Elements of the case and conduct of the offices involved. 3.a. then announces the need for an external review of these matters and needs for continued improvement. 3. The internal review of SamU actions and LF says PH will review that report before any decision to make it public. 2. PH was hired two weeks after SamU convicted and after reviewing internal report. 1. PH "to conduct a thorough and independent external investigation into the university's handling of cases of alleged sexual violence."

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/baylor-hires-philadelphia-firm-to-investigate-sexual-assault-cases/article_e1db4a63-aa27-533a-a4f5-e9ca4f71c5ce.html
1. 9/2/15 "Baylor University's Board of Regents announced today that they have retained the services of the Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton LLP, to conduct a thorough and independent external investigation into the university's handling of cases of alleged sexual violence. The investigation will be led by partners Gina Maisto Smith and Leslie Gomez, well-recognized experts in the institutional response to all aspects of sexual misconduct matters."

2. "The decision to hire the firm comes two weeks after a 54th State District Court jury convicted former Baylor defensive end Sam Ukwuachu of sexually assaulting a former Baylor soccer player in October 2013 and granted his plea for probation."

3. "After Ukwuachu's conviction, Starr tapped Baylor law professor Jeremy Counseller to conduct an internal inquiry into how Baylor handled the allegations.

He finished his report Friday, but Baylor spokeswoman Lori Fogleman said Baylor wants Smith and Gomez to have a chance to review Counseller's report before the school determines whether it will be made public."

3.a. https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/baylor-to-initiate-independent-inquiry-into-handling-of-ukwuachu-sex/article_dc37f4ba-cf66-5fb6-b37a-2061455e45b5.html

Last week, Starr announced that he had asked Baylor law professor Jeremy Counseller, the faculty athletics representative, to conduct an internal inquiry into how Baylor handled the Ukwuachu accusations.
"We must guarantee there is no room at Baylor University for those who would perpetrate sexual violence on our campus," Starr said in a statement released at 7 p.m. Friday.
"After reviewing the results of his internal inquiry, I am recommending that our board of regents retain the services of outside counsel to investigate thoroughly these matters and recommend continued improvements."

3.b. https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/statement-from-baylor-president-ken-starr/article_98a6d552-4864-11e5-89ef-2b8609010a51.html

"After consulting with the Baylor Board of Regents, the Executive Council and our academic leadership, this afternoon I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved. The inquiry will be led by Jeremy Counseller, Professor of Law at Baylor Law School, Baylor's Faculty Athletics Representative to the Big 12 Conference and NCAA and a former Assistant District Attorney. Mr. Counseller will engage others in his review as he deems appropriate and will submit his report directly to me at the conclusion of his inquiry. After an analysis of his report, I will determine what additional action to take."

Eball
NoBSU said:

D. C. Bear said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

YoakDaddy said:

bunation said:

Nope. Didn't forget. I think a lot of people did forget why we started investigations - SamU was convicted. For the last three years people have read posts on why we started investigations and now they think that they have it straight in their head. But some are off. It started with SamU's case and the parts of the university involved. Football is one of those offices. Title IX/JA. Athletic Department. This wasn't just a Title IX review. It wasn't just a review of the general university process. The FOF includes most of its volume to those last two. But actual sexual assaults were a target.

3.b . Has the quotes announcing the internal review. "(Starr) I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved." Note Starr said this case. This is immediately after SamU was convicted. Elements of the case and conduct of the offices involved. 3.a. then announces the need for an external review of these matters and needs for continued improvement. 3. The internal review of SamU actions and LF says PH will review that report before any decision to make it public. 2. PH was hired two weeks after SamU convicted and after reviewing internal report. 1. PH "to conduct a thorough and independent external investigation into the university's handling of cases of alleged sexual violence."

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/baylor-hires-philadelphia-firm-to-investigate-sexual-assault-cases/article_e1db4a63-aa27-533a-a4f5-e9ca4f71c5ce.html
1. 9/2/15 "Baylor University's Board of Regents announced today that they have retained the services of the Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton LLP, to conduct a thorough and independent external investigation into the university's handling of cases of alleged sexual violence. The investigation will be led by partners Gina Maisto Smith and Leslie Gomez, well-recognized experts in the institutional response to all aspects of sexual misconduct matters."

2. "The decision to hire the firm comes two weeks after a 54th State District Court jury convicted former Baylor defensive end Sam Ukwuachu of sexually assaulting a former Baylor soccer player in October 2013 and granted his plea for probation."

3. "After Ukwuachu's conviction, Starr tapped Baylor law professor Jeremy Counseller to conduct an internal inquiry into how Baylor handled the allegations.

He finished his report Friday, but Baylor spokeswoman Lori Fogleman said Baylor wants Smith and Gomez to have a chance to review Counseller's report before the school determines whether it will be made public."

3.a. https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/baylor-to-initiate-independent-inquiry-into-handling-of-ukwuachu-sex/article_dc37f4ba-cf66-5fb6-b37a-2061455e45b5.html

Last week, Starr announced that he had asked Baylor law professor Jeremy Counseller, the faculty athletics representative, to conduct an internal inquiry into how Baylor handled the Ukwuachu accusations.
"We must guarantee there is no room at Baylor University for those who would perpetrate sexual violence on our campus," Starr said in a statement released at 7 p.m. Friday.
"After reviewing the results of his internal inquiry, I am recommending that our board of regents retain the services of outside counsel to investigate thoroughly these matters and recommend continued improvements."

3.b. https://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/statement-from-baylor-president-ken-starr/article_98a6d552-4864-11e5-89ef-2b8609010a51.html

"After consulting with the Baylor Board of Regents, the Executive Council and our academic leadership, this afternoon I called for a comprehensive internal inquiry into the circumstances associated with this case and the conduct of the various offices involved. The inquiry will be led by Jeremy Counseller, Professor of Law at Baylor Law School, Baylor's Faculty Athletics Representative to the Big 12 Conference and NCAA and a former Assistant District Attorney. Mr. Counseller will engage others in his review as he deems appropriate and will submit his report directly to me at the conclusion of his inquiry. After an analysis of his report, I will determine what additional action to take."

Once again maybe communications are bad but I fail to see how these quotes support your position that the investigation was focused on Football? They seem to support the exact opposite
NoBSU
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

It is just sad to see the complete misrepresentation and misunderstanding of what happened at BU and how if any CAB was involved be repeated in the media...it is a complicated issue most of us no matter which side you are on realize that.

As far as college football media goes he is the face of the BU scandal...it is all about him recruiting rapist, protecting rapist and allowing them to prey on the women of BU...

This is why I am so disappointed with BU administration and the BOR and some of our fans we all know he was not what he is being portrayed as, yet we just are to scared to come to his defense for fear of being branded by social media as a rape enabler just like CAB.

Think about this...not fired for cause and paid over 15 million as a buy out, not charged with any crime, not specifically named in the FOF, no other sanctions adjudged against him to date and yet made an absolute pariah by social media...

If you really think about it is scary.
He had two players convicted of sexual assault. You can blame who you want for that. It is a reality. It is serious.

If you take the money and sign the NDA, then you set your path. That is not a path of Tshirt sales and watching games in person. Run silent, run deep (that is a submarine reference in case you were wondering). Briles should fire and never speak to again whoever put him on ESPN so soon and with that message, that prep. Play golf. Fish every day. Travel. Three things that would of had him coaching at an American university today.

Two convictions. That is reality. We knew that two years ago. We know that today.

That is the Hypocrisy we knew about both convictions as did the world it was public record and we did nothing about it then it was only after an investigation into how BU deals with the victims that suddenly we look back and say well even if he not responsible for title IX and did not specifically cover up SA's then he still should have been fired for the two convictions...well if true why did we wait?
The first valid question that I have read in your posts. Why did we wait?
So what is your answer? Is it fair after the fact to come back and offer up the actual convictions of Tevin and Sam themselves and say this is why he had to be let you go? Why did they wait? Clearly. no matter how bad you may think it is these incidents did not move the powers that be to make a change at the time they occurred. So why would you use them now to say the actions to terminate CAB were based on those convictions?

As bad as I hate to even acknowledge X or that he even posts on this forum he gets it...all about the social media storm...Twitter blows up with folks talking about a bad look hacks from different media outlets start running with opinions instead of facts and then some body worries that their reputation is getting hurt so they cave...which just creates more fodder for later...CAB can't work in Cleveland...CAB cant work in Canada Cab can't work anywhere despite no real info concerning his specific wrong doing just rank speculation. I mean this should be chilling to all...

Except you know what other than the shills and shrill voices screaming on twitter most people could care less and if someone would just say we have done our vetting and we are ok moving forward it dies down...you win games attendance and donations stay up and everybody is happy. Every coach on his staff has gotten other opportunities to coach in college ball...but not CAB. Heck every coach coached at BU after the fact...

The inconsistency in treatment and extreme hate for CAB is just disgusting especially from a lot of folks who cheered him wildly and enjoyed all the success right through it all.

I just think it is gutless for someone at BU to stand up and say we had to make a change for optics but their was showing that CAB did anything wrong in regard to the victims of the SA's. ( oh wait they did that in a letter) but when the letter was attacked and blown off as legal ease they did nothing to say look we paid the guy his buy out if he had done anything so wrong as to justify termination with cause we would have done so.

It would have saved us a ton of money and it would have not insulted the victims to pay the guy most responsible for their pain!

It stinks and is unfair...
They had a reason to fire him. They didn't immediately. First they had the Baylor Law School professor look at it. He punted. Why?

Then we brought in outside counsel. Why did the first guy punt? Why did they switch this to work product with PH? Did you read the part of Ian's deposition where the the PH investigators gave Ian three options of their review where the third was a whitewash?

Actually think about this rather than jumping to the letter and scapegoating. Could their be another reason?
eball, this kicked it off. I think the sexual assaults were enough to fire him. I wouldn't have but that isn't the point. They had plenty of reason. Around a week after SamU was convicted, the internal investigation into SamU is stopped in favor of an outside review. They SA by football is enough to focus this on SamU and look closely at Football and the athletic department. Yet we still see scapegoating thrown into it. The logical thing was to look at SamU and Football. I am not arguing that is the only thing that they looked at in the internal and external review. I am saying that at that time, calling this a look at Title IX that careened off the wheels incorrectly questioning football and scapegoating Briles is revisionist history. There is a lot of this around here.

See DC, I didn't forget about the law professor.
57Bear
From PH letter to David Harper dated October 5, 2015:

Scope of Engagement

Our engagement is to conduct an independent and external review of Baylor University's institutional responses to Title IX and related compliance issues through the lens of specific cases. Our acceptance of this engagement does not involve an undertaking to represent you or your interests in any matter other than that described in this paragraph.
Malbec
NoBSU said:

eball, this kicked it off. I think the sexual assaults were enough to fire him. I wouldn't have but that isn't the point. They had plenty of reason. Around a week after SamU was convicted, the internal investigation into SamU is stopped in favor of an outside review. They SA by football is enough to focus this on SamU and look closely at Football and the athletic department. Yet we still see scapegoating thrown into it. The logical thing was to look at SamU and Football. I am not arguing that is the only thing that they looked at in the internal and external review. I am saying that at that time, calling this a look at Title IX that careened off the wheels incorrectly questioning football and scapegoating Briles is revisionist history. There is a lot of this around here.

I'm sorry. Are you saying that if a player commits a SA, that is reason to fire the coach? And if that is not the case, what is the "plenty of reason" that they had to fire him at that time? And if there was such "plenty of reason" to fire him at that time, why didn't they do so then, or at least at the end of the season?
NoBSU
Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

I'm sorry. Are you saying that if a player commits a SA, that is reason to fire the coach? And if that is not the case, what is the "plenty of reason" that they had to fire him at that time? And if there was such "plenty of reason" to fire him at that time, why didn't they do so then, or at least at the end of the season?
I am saying that. I said that 2-3 pages ago. Did you miss it? When Eball asked that same question, I said it was a good question. Instead they did an investigation. I wonder what they found?

No reason to be sorry. No reason to be surprised. You know my position. I think they had reason to fire him after TE and SamU were convicted. Personally, I would not have fired him. I would have whitewashed the findings. Suspended him a couple of games and put in an independent watchdog. I guess it is easier to run around and cry whitewash of an honorable winner rather than admit the frank truth. That Briles won enough games so he was worth the trouble cleaning up after him.
Eball
NoBSU said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

I am saying that. I said that 2-3 pages ago. Did you miss it? When Eball asked that same question, I said it was a good question. Instead they did an investigation. I wonder what they found?
I respect the answer...I totally disagree with the logic but I can at least respect that you believe if any coach recruits a player who later commits a Sexual Assault that coach has to be fired. I think that is way to harsh but hey if you are into no fault and zero tolerance and black and white more power to you!
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

I respect the answer...I totally disagree with the logic but I can at least respect that you believe if any coach recruits a player who later commits a Sexual Assault that coach has to be fired. I think that is way to harsh but hey if you are into no fault and zero tolerance and black and white more power to you!
I expanded my answer. It wasn't zero tolerance. SamU was strike two. But I really don't want to quibble over how many rapes are too many.
Eball
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

I expanded my answer. It wasn't zero tolerance. SamU was strike two. But I really don't want to quibble over how many rapes are too many.
So kinda like a dog bite case...first bite is free?
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Malbec said:

NoBSU said:

So kinda like a dog bite case...first bite is free?
Or rather the second dog that bites might mean you need a new trainer. Again, I was okay with keeping him with restrictions. I just disagree that there wasn't a reason to let him go. It wasn't my reason. The people that did it sure aren't my people. But the only insanity is to act like this was a premeditated act in hiring PH.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.