Senate Dems Trying to Get Kavanaugh under FBI Investigation

22,389 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jack Bauer
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Senate Democrats sending secret letter about Kavanaugh to FBI

Senate Democrats have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI for investigation.

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further," Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said on Thursday.

"I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she continued.

A source familiar with the matter confirmed to The Hill that the letter had been referred to the FBI for investigation.

Democrats on Thursday began to publicly acknowledge the existence of the letter that had previously been rumored on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat and member the Judiciary Committee, told BuzzFeed News that it had "been referred to the FBI for investigation."

But lawmakers are tightlipped about the contents of the letter and have not publicly disclosed what it says or what it is about, beyond being broadly related to Kavanaugh.

Over the past two days Feinstein has declined to answer questions from reporters on Capitol Hill about the letter, which was reportedly first given to Calif. Rep. Anna Eshoo (D).

Questions about the letter boiled over on Wednesday after The Intercept published a report saying Feinstein had refused to share the content of the letter with other members on the committee.

Sources told The Intercept that the letter was relayed to lawmakers by an individual affiliated with Stanford University. Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.

Attorney Debra Katz is believed to be representing the woman who is the subject of the letter, though she did not confirm that to The Intercept. She also declined to confirm to BuzzFeed News that she is representing the woman, and did not comment further.

The letter comes as Kavanaugh's nomination is moving forward in the Senate despite an intense fight over documents and questions from Democrats about if he misled the Judiciary Committee.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the committee, has scheduled a committee vote on his nomination for Sept. 20 at 1:45 p.m. Because Republicans hold a majority on the panel his nomination is expected to be sent to the full Senate late next week.

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Grassley, said that the GOP senator had not seen the letter, but there were no plans to change the committee's consideration of Kavanaugh.

"Senator Grassley is aware of Senator Feinstein's referral. At this time, he has not seen the letter in question, and is respecting the request for confidentiality. There's no plan to change the committee's consideration of Judge Kavanaugh's nomination," he said.

Several moderate senators in both parties remain undecided and their votes on Kavanaugh will make or break whether he gets confirmed later this month.

The White House dismissed the letter as a last-ditch attempt by Democrats to derail Kavanaugh's nomination.
"Senator Schumer promised to 'oppose Judge Kavanaugh's nomination with everything I have,' and it appears he is delivering with this 11th hour attempt to delay his confirmation," White House spokesperson Kerri Kupec said in a statement.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), a member of the committee, told CNN that he hadn't seen the letter but "it smacks of desperation to me."

Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Demand Justice, said in a tweet that "undecided senators should be asked if they still see 'no red flags' on Brett Kavanaugh."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406527-senate-democrats-sending-secret-letter-about-kavanaugh-to-fbi-report
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Doc Holliday
How long until the FBI treats this as the next "Russian dossier" and open a full blown assault against Kavanaugh by simply using fake evidence and "convenient" media leaks? Because apparently now in 2018 America the people no longer decide who our leaders are, the FBI just rigs it the way they see fit.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
From High School? Really? We are probably going to learn he participated in a game of Spin The Bottle and that he didn't know what he was doing and was a crappy kisser!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

From High School? Really? We are probably going to learn he participated in a game of Spin The Bottle and that he didn't know what he was doing and was a crappy kisser!
And "convenient" how it all of a sudden surfaced.

These Democrats are scumbags and so are the people who vote for them knowing full and well just how scummy they are.

cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Senate Democrats sending secret letter about Kavanaugh to FBI

Senate Democrats have referred a letter concerning Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the FBI for investigation.

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further," Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said on Thursday.

"I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she continued.

A source familiar with the matter confirmed to The Hill that the letter had been referred to the FBI for investigation.

Democrats on Thursday began to publicly acknowledge the existence of the letter that had previously been rumored on Capitol Hill.

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat and member the Judiciary Committee, told BuzzFeed News that it had "been referred to the FBI for investigation."

But lawmakers are tightlipped about the contents of the letter and have not publicly disclosed what it says or what it is about, beyond being broadly related to Kavanaugh.

Over the past two days Feinstein has declined to answer questions from reporters on Capitol Hill about the letter, which was reportedly first given to Calif. Rep. Anna Eshoo (D).

Questions about the letter boiled over on Wednesday after The Intercept published a report saying Feinstein had refused to share the content of the letter with other members on the committee.

Sources told The Intercept that the letter was relayed to lawmakers by an individual affiliated with Stanford University. Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.

Attorney Debra Katz is believed to be representing the woman who is the subject of the letter, though she did not confirm that to The Intercept. She also declined to confirm to BuzzFeed News that she is representing the woman, and did not comment further.

The letter comes as Kavanaugh's nomination is moving forward in the Senate despite an intense fight over documents and questions from Democrats about if he misled the Judiciary Committee.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the committee, has scheduled a committee vote on his nomination for Sept. 20 at 1:45 p.m. Because Republicans hold a majority on the panel his nomination is expected to be sent to the full Senate late next week.

George Hartmann, a spokesman for Grassley, said that the GOP senator had not seen the letter, but there were no plans to change the committee's consideration of Kavanaugh.

"Senator Grassley is aware of Senator Feinstein's referral. At this time, he has not seen the letter in question, and is respecting the request for confidentiality. There's no plan to change the committee's consideration of Judge Kavanaugh's nomination," he said.

Several moderate senators in both parties remain undecided and their votes on Kavanaugh will make or break whether he gets confirmed later this month.

The White House dismissed the letter as a last-ditch attempt by Democrats to derail Kavanaugh's nomination.
"Senator Schumer promised to 'oppose Judge Kavanaugh's nomination with everything I have,' and it appears he is delivering with this 11th hour attempt to delay his confirmation," White House spokesperson Kerri Kupec said in a statement.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), a member of the committee, told CNN that he hadn't seen the letter but "it smacks of desperation to me."

Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Demand Justice, said in a tweet that "undecided senators should be asked if they still see 'no red flags' on Brett Kavanaugh."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406527-senate-democrats-sending-secret-letter-about-kavanaugh-to-fbi-report
He'll get no sympathy from Bruce Ohr
Doc Holliday
Bruce Ohr is going to jail.
Doc Holliday
Anonymous source, unknown info (she won't let other committee members see it) Over 1700 questions yesterday and this mystery info today - it can't be more transparent what the Dems are trying to do,.
whitetrash
Doc Holliday said:

Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.

riflebear
This is hilarious. He's been vetted by the FBI for a couple decades. They've had all this time and the a few days before the vote some anonymous person from 30-40 years ago comes forward?

Plus, exactly what could the FBI do about it since the statute of limitations is over unless he committed murder. Liberals in DC are psychotic.
Redbrickbear
"I've got some super secret bad info about this judge....no i wont tell you who told me....or tell you the accusation....but my friends at the FBI should investigate it....and you should trust me its really bad"

- Senator feinstein
Doc Holliday
Redbrickbear said:

"I've got some super secret bad info about this judge....no i wont tell you who told me....or tell you the accusation....but my friends at the FBI should investigate it....and you should trust me its really bad"

- Senator feinstein
and a week ago "we need all the documents and info about kavanaugh you're hiding from us! REEEE".

Dems are hypocrites.
riflebear
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Bruce Ohr is going to jail.
Chuckle. For identifying and cultivating Russisn spies? I think not. Fat Nixon and Traitor Tot are going to do a father-son stint in a federal prison.
Jack Bauer
Teenagers having sex....I am shocked.

Booray
There is nothing to indicate Feinstein sought this information out-it did not even come to her office. She has tried to avoid publicizing it. What exactly should she have done with the letter if it contains an allegation that a potential SCOTUS justice had committed serious crimes?

What would you have done if you were in her shoes?
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

There is nothing to indicate Feinstein sought this information out-it did not even come to her office. She has tried to avoid publicizing it. What exactly should she have done with the letter if it contains an allegation that a potential SCOTUS justice had committed serious crimes?

Oh you poor thing. You really think DC is honest and you're actually buying the narrative? Wow.
cinque
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oh you poor thing. You really think DC is honest and you're actually buying the narrative? Wow.
He would have buried it and felt nothing. He's a Trumpkin for a reason.
Edmond Bear
Booray said:

Is consensual high school sex a serious crime? No?

She should have thrown the letter away.

Doc Holliday
riflebear
Glad they are waisting taxpayer $$ as usual.

riflebear
Mitch Blood Green
Booray said:

I agree. What should she do?
riflebear
If she got the letter in the summer and is now just revealing it that is ridiculous because if it is serious and she held on to it for political reasons to delay the vote and prevent the confirmation before the elections she is pathetic.

If it isn't serious and she is playing games trying to smear the potential SCOTUS then that is just as bad.

If she just received it and it is serious then she should notify someone but how on earth can anyone prove something from 30+ years ago? If there is evidence then go after him but someone waiting till now to come forward is laughable when he's been a judge for 12 years.
riflebear
LOL if true.

riflebear
Typical liberal tactic and I have to credit to her this is pretty smart.

She knows the FBI can't do anything and they just turn it over to the White House in for the SCOTUS folder on Kavanaugh. Now, it's in Trump's hands whether he releases it or not so the media will collude together and spin this into Trump is hiding something on Kavanaugh. They will demand he releases it when they know he can't and won't.

Just watch over the next 24 hours, almost guarantee this is what will happen out of the crazy media colluding together.
cinque
His multiple acts of perjury should be enough to disqualify him.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

It should be. If it was true.

-- Barack Obama
riflebear
cinque said:

Do u ever come up w/ anything on your own or do u enjoy typing down what MSNBC & CNN & your g/f Maddow say everyday. U literally spew the exact same thing on TV.
midgett
Booray said:

Allegedly, she's had it for months.

If true, it is seriously schlocky and purely political. For all the insults Trump takes from the left (some well-deserved) it's this kind of dirty and unethical politics which keeps plenty of supporters in his corner.
Canada2017
This is a ridiculously stupid path to take even for leftist Democrats

Dreadful people.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
cinque said:

Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg expressed her disappointment and displeasure with the process in an interview today calling this "a highly partisan show."

I just hope the Democrats keep doing what they're doing. November is coming.

-- Barack Obama
JXL
tommie said:

Booray said:

I agree. What should she do?

With a letter about high school? "Throwing it in the trash" comes to mind,
Mitch Blood Green
Canada2017 said:

This is a ridiculously stupid path to take even for leftist Democrats

Dreadful people.

What should she have done when the allegations came to her?
Canada2017

Throw them in the trash.

This BS is disgusting.
57Bear
riflebear said:

If she got the letter in the summer and is now just revealing it that is ridiculous because if it is serious and she held on to it for political reasons to delay the vote and prevent the confirmation before the elections she is pathetic.

If it isn't serious and she is playing games trying to smear the potential SCOTUS then that is just as bad.

If she just received it and it is serious then she should notify someone but how on earth can anyone prove something from 30+ years ago? If there is evidence then go after him but someone waiting till now to come forward is laughable when he's been a judge for 12 years.
The high school girl probably saved the blue dress!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.