Baylor regent: Board used probe as pretext to oust Starr, Briles

18,434 Views | 175 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoBSU
Eball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

This is testimony from a Regent...someone still on the BOR who was there at the time...I do not see how anyone can not be deeply concerned with how all this went down.

The bottom line is the BOR had a choice when it came to CAB and they could have kept him.

Transparency was and is needed to get past this when will the BOR get that?

Duh, of course they had a choice. They chose not to do so. That is your key point of contention, correct?
It always has been since day one....I do not have a problem with the termination of CAB it was within the BOR's discretion and there was a buy out available. The problem is they allowed folks to believe they had no choice so as to avoid criticism not only of their failures but to oust the most successful football coach we ever had. Even to this day with all the stuff out there some still believe CAB did horrible things and there was no choice but to terminate him, that is clearly not true. As a football fan I believe I have every right to be angry over what the consequences of the BOR's action were to the football program. As an alumni I think I have every right to be concerned over what the BOR's actions have done to the overall reputation of my University!
Stan Mikita
The Baylor Board of Regents claimed they had a good reason for firing Art Briles.

Fine.

But then what was their good reason for keeping Reagan Ramsower on the Baylor University payroll throughout this fiasco?
CTbruin
What Eball said
NoBSU
Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

This is testimony from a Regent...someone still on the BOR who was there at the time...I do not see how anyone can not be deeply concerned with how all this went down.

The bottom line is the BOR had a choice when it came to CAB and they could have kept him.

Duh, of course they had a choice. They chose not to do so. That is your key point of contention, correct?
It always has been since day one....I do not have a problem with the termination of CAB it was within the BOR's discretion and there was a buy out available. The problem is they allowed folks to believe they had no choice so as to avoid criticism not only of their failures but to oust the most successful football coach we ever had. Even to this day with all the stuff out there some still believe CAB did horrible things and there was no choice but to terminate him, that is clearly not true. As a football fan I believe I have every right to be angry over what the consequences of the BOR's action were to the football program. As an alumni I think I have every right to be concerned over what the BOR's actions have done to the overall reputation of my University!
There was enough out there already that is enough to terminate him. He had two players convicted of sexual assault. He asked Ken Starr to intervene on Elliot's cheating. Starr did. Then two Baylor coeds were raped. The threshold was met. Other things were going on and have been documented. It is reasonable to reach the conclusion that Starr and McCaw were not the people to do the managing. The baffling part is that it is not reasonable to believe that Ramsower was capable of running the ship correctly. Quietly yes. Correctly no.

I suspect that there will never be enough "evidence" to convince you and Mr. Stewart that Briles could be fired. Go back in that Time Machine and change the vote to Briles stays - do you still even care what was happening on campus and in the boardroom? Those meanies hurt your football.

NoBSU
Stan Mikita said:

The Baylor Board of Regents claimed they had a good reason for firing Art Briles.

Fine.

But then what was their good reason for keeping Reagan Ramsower on the Baylor University payroll throughout this fiasco?
Exactly
NoBSU
CTbruin said:

What Eball said
Those meanies hurt your football.
Michibear
NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

Actually, they hurt my university by trying to hide an administration-wide problem and deflecting attention towards only one part of they problem. They exacerbated the problem by instituting changes that went far beyond what was required in an attempt to win PR points and oust a president liked by students, faculty, and alumni even if he wasn't the greatest day to day manager of the school. Finely, they continue to hurt my university by not being truly transparent at the beginning so they two years later, we're still dealing with allegations and innuendo as new facts trickle out. Meanies? No. But they are either incompetent, willfully deceptive, or both, it seems.
REX
NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

Are you 12?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said
Football is not important at Baylor. We get it. No need to rub salt in the wound. You people got what you wanted. Enjoy SING and your new Equestrian barn.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
PartyBear
NoBSU is puzzling. He is a Regent critic but doesn't seem to want anyone else to be.

But NoBSU they are damaging the entire university. Not just football. Football is just a sign of what they are doing to everything else.
Eball
PartyBear said:

NoBSU is puzzling. He is a Regent critic but doesn't seem to want anyone else to be.

But NoBSU they are damaging the entire university. Not just football. Football is just a sign of what they are doing to everything else.
His dislike of the BOR fueled by the Alumni dispute seems to have led to bitterness toward those of us who were not supportive or supportive enough, of his cause or informed enough to know whether we should be supportive or not. I think he believes that we who are upset with the BOR now are not worthy because our dislike comes from a football perspective. His perspective is bitterness, I sort of feel sorry for him.
PartyBear
My view is you accept allies regardless of what path they took to get to the point of having common views and interests with you.
YoakDaddy
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

There was enough out there already that is enough to terminate him. He had two players convicted of sexual assault. He asked Ken Starr to intervene on Elliot's cheating. Starr did. Then two Baylor coeds were raped. The threshold was met. Other things were going on and have been documented. It is reasonable to reach the conclusion that Starr and McCaw were not the people to do the managing. The baffling part is that it is not reasonable to believe that Ramsower was capable of running the ship correctly. Quietly yes. Correctly no.

I suspect that there will never be enough "evidence" to convince you and Mr. Stewart that Briles could be fired. Go back in that Time Machine and change the vote to Briles stays - do you still even care what was happening on campus and in the boardroom? Those meanies hurt your football.

Point of order......those 2 co-eds were sexually assaulted not because Starr intervened and TE, thus, remained on campus. It was because RR, Doak, and others in administration didn't tell Briles and football program that he was under investigation by WPD. There's emails to this fact out there now. Once football became aware, he was kicked off. But for RR, Doak, and others not taking early action and even later informing the football program, those SAs wouldn't have happened because TE wouldn't have been around.
YoakDaddy
Has RR testified yet?
Doc Holliday
jackets320 said:

Good ole X to the rescue.....same old same old ****
Notice how all of his arguments are devoid of facts and entirely comprised of emotion.
xiledinok
jackets320 said:

Bumblebee, let's get it all out in the open. Your boy sued and then quit because it could have ruined a few more people. He just hides behind these social justice movements.
Unfortunately, for you, most all of society would not trust these groups. They have seen them in action.
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

jackets320 said:

Notice how all of his arguments are devoid of facts and entirely comprised of emotion.

Facts? The truth would damage them all. For such an innocent man Art jumped on that money and took it rather than trying to stand up for his now tarnished name.
Too bad Art had a pussie for a boss and couldn't handle things with no cover from his athletic director.
Doc Holliday
xiledinok said:

Doc Holliday said:

jackets320 said:

Facts? The truth would damage them all. For such an innocent man Art jumped on that money and took it rather than trying to stand up for his now tarnished name.
Too bad Art had a pussie for a boss and couldn't handle things with no cover from his athletic director.
Do you always prove people's points? Thanks.
xiledinok
NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

The NFL thinks they damaged the game of football. Those meanies aren't jock sniffers or great managers of school employees.
ColomboLQ
REX said:

NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

Are you 12?
Don't insult 12 year olds please.
Dungeon Athletics
NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said
That's rich, coming from someone whose only shtick for the last few years has been "those meanies hurt my AA building."
Keyser Soze
YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

Point of order......those 2 co-eds were sexually assaulted not because Starr intervened and TE, thus, remained on campus. It was because RR, Doak, and others in administration didn't tell Briles and football program that he was under investigation by WPD. There's emails to this fact out there now. Once football became aware, he was kicked off. But for RR, Doak, and others not taking early action and even later informing the football program, those SAs wouldn't have happened because TE wouldn't have been around.
That is blatantly incorrect. The events of 2011 were a TCU girl and the MCC girl.

The emails were in October of 2011. Judicial Affairs had been informed and opened a case up in November 2011. The AD office and football were informed of the investigation by Judicial Affairs. This also had nothing to do with why TE was kicked off in the spring of 2012.

TE was kicked off the team because of the rape of Jasmine Hernandez. Briles kicked him off the team just days before his arrest. Some where around 10 days before TE was kicked off, Briles knew he was a suspect and DNA samples had been collected. He should have informed JA at this time and did not.

whitetrash
xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

The NFL thinks they damaged the game of football. Those meanies aren't jock sniffers or great managers of school employees.

The NFL doesn't need anyone else's help to damage the game of football. They're doing a great job on their own. BID.
Robert Wilson
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

That is blatantly incorrect. The events of 2011 were a TCU girl and the MCC girl.

The emails were in October of 2011. Judicial Affairs had been informed and opened a case up in November 2011. The AD office and football were informed of the investigation by Judicial Affairs. This also had nothing to do with why TE was kicked off in the spring of 2012.

TE was kicked off the team because of the rape of Jasmine Hernandez. Briles kicked him off the team just days before his arrest. Some where around 10 days before TE was kicked off, Briles knew he was a suspect and DNA samples had been collected. He should have informed JA at this time and did not.
What pedantic buffoonery. Kicked off team. Arrested by Waco PD. JA investigation already pending. But Briles should've called JA again. Yeah, that would've been a real game changer.
Keyser Soze
Robert Wilson said:

Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

What pedantic buffoonery. Kicked off team. Arrested by Waco PD. JA investigation already pending. But Briles should've called JA again. Yeah, that would've been a real game changer.
Separate cases. You don't ignore one because of the other.
Sailor Bear
Timbear said:

Bearish, I'm going by legal depositions, under oath. What are you going by?

24-6, mostly. And a little smell testing. Though I'm not claiming to know the truth about any of this.
xiledinok
Doc Holliday said:

xiledinok said:

Doc Holliday said:

jackets320 said:

Do you always prove people's points? Thanks.

Do you always fight losing battles? Art and company drove their car right into the flood waters and couldn't get out alive.

You guys are the "Holy Grail" of football trash. Baylor didn't do the damage. The trash did it to themselves.
xiledinok
whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

NoBSU said:

CTbruin said:

What Eball said

The NFL doesn't need anyone else's help to damage the game of football. They're doing a great job on their own. BID.

They knew to keep Art away. They cannot afford the face of rape on the WsJ. It's folks like Art that makes the public not watch.
bunation
Please immediately hide this thread from all on this board who are determined to believe the worst about our beloved former coach, Art Briles.

No D1 head college head football is without flaws, but Briles was undeserving of what Baylor did to him.

I appreciate the OP posting this.
xiledinok
Keyser Soze said:

YoakDaddy said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

You are going to wear yourself out. No one cares about Art''s losing claims of redemption.
bunation
NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

You don't know the facts.

Here are the facts we do know:

1. $15 million given to Briles for wrongful termination.

2. A letter from Baylor exonerating Briles.

3. Your ilk is NEVER going to accept the facts.

Thee University
At this point why does it matter? At this point who cares?

None of this would have happened had Ian been a leader (real AD), Art a disciplinarian who truly understood how the Baylor game is played in the public eye and behind closed doors and had Ken been doing his job instead of on extended vacation in Waco.

At this point in the continuing saga the University and her reputation will sink even lower in the sewer, the football program will become more and more of a hit target and less and less of a factor nationally and you guys will continue to huddle up in fetal positions crying on each other's shoulders or crotches about how much of a saint Art and his inbred staff were.

I'm still taking reservations for the mass jump off the Alico Building.
Thee University
bunation said:

1. Wrongful termination? BS!! It was hush money to shut his mushmouth.
2. Exoneration him? That was a lawyer plant to stem damages from all sides.
3. The only facts we know are that mismanagement and grossly inflated egos from the Prez, the AD and the head coach got their @$$#$ fired.

The most glaring FACT is that Baylor has been done horrendous harm and it is not going to stop anytime soon because we live in a day and age when nobody (BOR included) will accept blame.

I suppose we could give Art some credit when he crawled in on hands and knees ala Jimmy Swaggart and cried crocodile tears in front of the BOR.
4th and Inches
bunation said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

NoBSU said:

Eball said:

sarcasm? My meter is in the repair shop...
Doc Holliday
Thee University said:

At this point why does it matter? At this point who cares?

None of this would have happened had Ian been a leader (real AD), Art a disciplinarian who truly understood how the Baylor game is played in the public eye and behind closed doors and had Ken been doing his job instead of on extended vacation in Waco.

At this point in the continuing saga the University and her reputation will sink even lower in the sewer, the football program will become more and more of a hit target and less and less of a factor nationally and you guys will continue to huddle up in fetal positions crying on each other's shoulders or crotches about how much of a saint Art and his inbred staff were.

I'm still taking reservations for the mass jump off the Alico Building.
Do you not understand that Baylor is compromised?
The very problems you pointed out are because of the BOR.
Quote:

None of this would have happened had Ian been a leader (real AD) Art a disciplinarian who truly understood how the Baylor game is played in the public eye and behind closed doors and had Ken been doing his job instead of on extended vacation in Waco.
Why didn't the BOR push for Ian's removal or see these problems? Why didn't they get onto Art?
Why weren't they proactive?

This will happen again and again as it has before. Scandal after scandal because regents are incompetent and want to protect themselves.

So yeah. That' why this sh/*t matters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.