I Think I'm Beginning to Like This A.O.C. Chick

44,373 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by YoakDaddy
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not that I agree with her policies (I don't), but:

1. She's very entertaining.

2. She's the polar opposite of Donald Trump (which is what got her elected).

3. The Republicans are terrified of her (which is hilarious).
Canada2017
The gal has a long career in DC ahead of her .

Though I suspect after a few terms she will opt for the big bucks and become a lobbyist.
Jack Bauer
Nobody is terrified of AOC.
Florda_mike
She's an airhead

Just a fad that'll run out of gas
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I dont agree with any of her ideas but she is intelligent. She is too young to be written off. If she were not successful this thread wouldn't exist. I would like a chance to straighten her out.
bearassnekkid
Midnight Rider said:

Not that I agree with her policies (I don't), but:

1. She's very entertaining.

2. She's the polar opposite of Donald Trump (which is what got her elected).

3. The Republicans are terrified of her (which is hilarious).
There is not a single person who is terrified of her. She's a punchline. As a republican, I pray she continues to get more notoriety and becomes face of the Democratic party.
Mitch Blood Green
She was waiting tables a year ago. She stepped out passionately and it worked in her district.

I'd love to see more people challenge incumbents in their district. She stood up and it's working for her.
Golem
Not to mention she has great tits...

https://images.complex.com/complex/images/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/rbgvvhxhg4ymt40f5x2x/alexandria-ocasio-cortez
Golem
And I know she's crazy, but I get the sense she'd work really hard and be super fun in the sack...

Golem
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I dont agree with any of her ideas but she is intelligent. She is too young to be written off. If she were not successful this thread wouldn't exist. I would like a chance to straighten her out.

What has she said, specifically, that makes you think she's intelligent? I'm very curious.

Was it one of these?

Quote:

"If we work our butts off to make sure that we take back all three chambers of Congress uh, rather, all three chambers of government, the presidency, the Senate, and the House" - AOC

"Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family." - AOC

"I think that many members of our military need to go through years of training in order to have access to these weapons, and the idea that a 17-year-old can walk into a shop and get one, I think, is unacceptable." - AOC

"Your tax rate, you know, let's say, from zero to $75,000 may be ten percent or 15 percent, et cetera. But once you get to, like, the tippy tops - on your 10 millionth dollar - sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60 or 70 percent." - AOC

"$21 TRILLION of Pentagon financial transactions "could not be traced, documented, or explained." $21T in Pentagon accounting errors. Medicare for All costs ~$32T. That means 66% of Medicare for All could have been funded already by the Pentagon. And that's before our premiums." - AOC

I mean, these seem pretty smart...
Florda_mike

Whaaaat?

Please show me examples of her intelligence?

I'm guessing you've barely heard of her and are acting like you know about her

Intelligence isn't what she's known for btw
ValhallaBear
Florda_mike said:

Whaaaat?

Please show me examples of her intelligence?

I'm guessing you've barely heard of her and are acting like you know about her

Intelligence isn't what she's known for btw
Just don't....

Limited IQ Redneck in PU

1. Youngest woman to ever gain a seat in US House of reps.
2. Never been banned from a college forum even once
3. College graduate
4. She won a pretty impressive science contest.
5. All of us type our opinions out and argue back and forth on a very small college forum. Some here like Doc and Cinque probably present their opinions on multiple opinion outlets. AOC presents her opinions on a national level. People listen to her. Many support her and many ridicule her, but she is heard, There are a lot of democrat voters (more then rep. voters in last presidential election) and instead of posting a few slip ups and things they dont agree with repubs need to realize the attention she gets makes her more important to the other side. Maybe she has peaked and will fade away. Maybe not.
6. She is not the typical politician.yet she holds an office.

I think her success indicates a type of intelligence.
riflebear
Can't make this stuff up...

Golem

3. College graduate
5. All of us type our opinions out and argue back and forth on a very small college forum. Some here like Doc and Cinque probably present their opinions on multiple opinion outlets. AOC presents her opinions on a national level. People listen to her. Many support her and many ridicule her, but she is heard, There are a lot of democrat voters (more then rep. voters in last presidential election) and instead of posting a few slip ups and things they dont agree with repubs need to realize the attention she gets makes her more important to the other side. Maybe she has peaked and will fade away. Maybe not.

So you can't name a single intelligent thing she said. Didn't think so.

You provided no real evidence of intelligence.
Doc Holliday

3. College graduate

Quote:

unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. -AOC

Doc Holliday
Let the Democrats put her out there though and show her off. Let them think we are scared of her. Let them think she has something that we are worried about. They will push her harder and harder the more we talk **** about her....they don't realize they are pushing themselves off a cliff.

Moderates see someone advocating for 70% taxes and free stuff, they aren't going to vote for her.

I hope the entire Democratic party adopts her values.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
That's sure a possibility. OTH who would have thought HRC would ever win the popular vote for presidency? Things would be different if everyone thought like you or me. They don't.
Waco1947
GolemIII said:

And I know she's crazy, but I get the sense she'd work really hard and be super fun in the sack...

And boom! There we have it misogynists and sexism rolled into one. And you wonder the gop isvlosing women's votes
Waco1947 ,la
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

And boom! There we have it misogynists and sexism rolled into one. And you wonder the gop isvlosing women's votes
Oh no, Men like big titties!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ValhallaBear

corncob pipe
riflebear said:

but she has plenty of $3,500.00 outfits
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
ValhallaBear said:

In 2007, Ocasio-Cortez won a prize at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in microbiology. The ISEF isn't your standard panorama-filled science fair: It's the largest pre-college scientific research event in the world. She entered in her senior year of high school with a project on Caenorhabditis elegan (C. elegan) lifespan extension, with her findings indicating that "antioxidants could potentially help prevent degenerative illnesses induced by oxidative stress."
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
We put our opinions on a small college forum. She speaks to a national audience. Right or wrong she is being heard. Pres. Bush said some stupid things but I believe he is intelligent. Pres. Trump says stupid things and tells stupid lies that are easily found out but he is intelligent.

Her success speaks for itself. If she was still tending bar or sitting in her rocking chair this conversation would not be taking place.
Forest Bueller

I'd imagine she's been straightened out several times.
ValhallaBear

ValhallaBear said:

In 2007, Ocasio-Cortez won a prize at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in microbiology. The ISEF isn't your standard panorama-filled science fair: It's the largest pre-college scientific research event in the world. She entered in her senior year of high school with a project on Caenorhabditis elegan (C. elegan) lifespan extension, with her findings indicating that "antioxidants could potentially help prevent degenerative illnesses induced by oxidative stress."
Forest Bueller
riflebear said:

Yea, some people that worked with her painted a similar picture. Like when tips were supposed to be split she would keep them all or almost all. I worked with someone like that once.

Lot's of folks are generous with other peoples money.
Forest Bueller
ValhallaBear said:

ValhallaBear said:

She came in second, still impressive.

Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#cite_note-lohud.com_2018-17][16][/url] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#cite_note-18][17][/url]
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Forest Bueller said:

I'd imagine she's been straightened out several times.
So have I.
ValhallaBear
Forest Bueller said:

ValhallaBear said:

ValhallaBear said:

She came in second, still impressive.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
ValhallaBear said:

ValhallaBear said:

ISEF alumni including Nobel Prize winner Paul Modrich (1964), and National Medal of Science winners Richard Zare (1957), Susan Solomon (1972), and James Gunn(1957).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_International_Science_and_Engineering_Fair#cite_note-7][7][/url] Other alumni include inventor Alex Deans (2013),[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_International_Science_and_Engineering_Fair#cite_note-8][8][/url] SUNY Chancellor Kristina M. Johnson (1975),[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_International_Science_and_Engineering_Fair#cite_note-9][9][/url] CRISPR researcher Feng Zhang,[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_International_Science_and_Engineering_Fair#cite_note-10][10][/url] and Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (2007).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_International_Science_and_Engineering_Fair#cite_note-11][11][/url]

Thats a pretty impressive list. Of course it might not compare to the list of top ten posters here on Sic'em.
Golem
Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

She'd doesn't seem like she'd leave a mess either. Isn't that great?
Golem
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

GolemIII said:

Oh no, Men like big titties!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dem titties though!?!?!
cowboycwr

3. College graduate

2- she speaks liberal college language therefore liberal college students don't feel "threatened" by her or in need of a "safe space" because she speaks on a campus.

Her success indicates that she knows how to talk about free stuff to get votes.
cowboycwr

That's sure a possibility. OTH who would have thought HRC would ever win the popular vote for presidency? Things would be different if everyone thought like you or me. They don't.

She won the popular vote because of a few select cities/counties.

Take those heavily populated areas out and she loses. Elections should not be decided by 2 or 3 cities.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.