Culture & Society (2019)

61,395 Views | 737 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riflebear
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Wait, so is an all-girl troop not known as...you know...girl scouts? Someone help me out on what the big deal was in getting girls included in the boy scouts if some are going to choose to still be exclusive anyway?

Different programming and opportunities.

Take me back to 70's and show the above and I'm dumbfounded

A bunch of girls, in Arkansas, became the first all girl Boy Scout troop???

Think about that
GrowlTowel
She has a real pretty mouth.
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Wait, so is an all-girl troop not known as...you know...girl scouts? Someone help me out on what the big deal was in getting girls included in the boy scouts if some are going to choose to still be exclusive anyway?

Think about that
No, it's the first all girl troop in Central Arkansas. Says so.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Think about that

Well, ok, but think about

Leave out some words and it says, "girls become boys"

It's just dumb, very very dumb
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Think about that

What's dumb is Girl Scouts failing to adjust their programming. The market tells you what your customers want. They just failed to listen.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Think about that

What's dumb is Girl Scouts failing to adjust their programming. The market tells you what your customers want. They just failed to listen.

That's another topic

Girls being "Boy" Scouts makes no sense at all
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Quash is also in full support of an NRA chapter that is against guns and the Beef Producers PETA membership
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Quash is also in full support of an NRA chapter that is against guns and the Beef Producers PETA membership

I belong to TSRA. And Defense Distributed. Why don't you?
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

im all for those folks cause I'm a gun guy.

Gun guy to gun organization
Boy to Boy Scouts
quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
Who is harmed by letting girls in?
Jack Bauer

Taylor Swfit in Vogue Magazine

" 'Rights are being stripped from basically everyone who isn't a straight white cisgender male,' Swift says. Celine coat. Dior shoes."
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
Not all symptoms hurt. It's the disease that is the problem.
ATL Bear
Jack Bauer said:

" 'Rights are being stripped from basically everyone who isn't a straight white cisgender male,' Swift says. Celine coat. Dior shoes."
I'm always curious of an expansion of this thinking. Exactly what rights are being stripped away?
Jack Bauer
ATL Bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

I'm always curious of an expansion of this thinking. Exactly what rights are being stripped away?
This is Vogue, don't bother looking for substance.

You just dress up and utter left wing talking points.

riflebear
Crash loves Kirk - so here is another tweet.

Insanity from our liberal youth.

quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

Sin? Or something real?
GrowlTowel
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
Who is harmed by keeping girls out?
Florda_mike
Boys are hurt that's who Quash!

It's called BOY Scouts for a reason!!!

This is straight up Idiocracy!!!
ATL Bear
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
How does this fit the "you can create your own version of X" approach?
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
The girls who cannot access the programming. Duh.

Couple of things to remember. BSA was losing numbers thanks to their poor handling of sexual assaults. And this was voluntary, not govt ordered. And, finally, it's a done deal, y'all need to quit crying about it.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
I'm not familiar with that. Or I was 3 days ago and I'm not now, whichever. Please explain a little and I'll respond.
quash
Your amygdala must be yuuge.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

Couple of things to remember. BSA was losing numbers thanks to their poor handling of sexual assaults. And this was voluntary, not govt ordered. And, finally, it's a done deal, y'all need to quit crying about it.
Ahh, the Clayton Williams response. Okay.
quash
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

No, that would have been before. Move along.
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

No, that would have been before. Move along.
With a dash of Hilary Clinton? You are on a roll quash.Toss in a "lock box" and you'll have the trifecta.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Your amygdala must be yuuge.

I laughed admittedly

Check what happens with it with potential damage due to Boxing and Football in youth

Me?
LIB,MR BEARS
quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

Sin? Or something real?
Since you don't believe in a Supreme Being, let's keep it secular. How about post-modernism and the inability to tell anyone what something is. We all have our own truth, our own reality, etc...

(ps. unless it is a conservative view in which case it is wrong and needs to be called out)
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
I'm not familiar with that. Or I was 3 days ago and I'm not now, whichever. Please explain a little and I'll respond.
Twitter, Facebook, etc. you keep telling us about how if someone is excluded, they should start their own "X". These changes to the Boy Scouts have come about thanks to the legal environment in our society today. You seem to be okay with that.
riflebear
This seems normal...

quash
LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts

Sin? Or something real?
Since you don't believe in a Supreme Being, let's keep it secular. How about post-modernism and the inability to tell anyone what something is. We all have our own truth, our own reality, etc...

(ps. unless it is a conservative view in which case it is wrong and needs to be called out)
Pomos are a dying breed. What disease caused girls to be accepted in BSA?
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

quash said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Boy to Boy Scouts
Twitter, Facebook, etc. you keep telling us about how if someone is excluded, they should start their own "X". These changes to the Boy Scouts have come about thanks to the legal environment in our society today. You seem to be okay with that.
BSA made their own choices. They have created what they think is a viable map going forward. They re-created their "X".

I am OK with organizations running their own show. BSA has to react to their legal problems. Why are you not OK with that?
quash
riflebear said:

This seems normal...

It is not normal.

But how does proclaiming "liberalism is a disease" help?

Comrade Putin thanks you.
Oldbear83
Quash references Putin like Vlad's his BFF.

That would explain a lot.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Sorry I triggered you, maybe you should go back to ignoring me. Try to go more than two days this time.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sorry I triggered you, maybe you should go back to ignoring me. Try to go more than two days this time.
I'm not triggered, you use that word in apparent confusion.

A lot.

(wonder how long q waits before falsely accusing me of crap again)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.