Abortion up until Birth passed by NY Dems

93,251 Views | 837 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Edmond Bear
BrooksBearLives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

5 minutes prior to these pictures, it would be legally fine for a non-doctor to murder these babies in New York. Disgusting.

Only if the mother's health is in legitimate danger.

I'm anti-abortion, too. But you shouldn't have to lie to make your point.
"Doctor I think I'm going to kill myself if I have to go through with this pregnancy. I just don't think I can take it. I'm not ready for it and I just can't do it."

Is this mother's health in legitimate danger?

Straw man arguments are considered a logical fallacy for a reason.
That's no straw man argument. If the law states that the mother's emotional health could be a factor in determining if an abortion is appropriate past a certain developmental period, how are suicidal thoughts weighed into a decision? What if she has a plan and the means to carry it out? That could qualify her for at least a short stay in a hospital for psychiatric reasons and her safety.

I'm really not trying to make some troll comment here.

It's absolutely pedantic. The idea that a woman would carry 9 months only to abort last second because she was feeling suicidal... that's reductum ad absurdum. You could reduce ANY argument to the point of absurdity.

The law was produced because a doctor -in a situation where they had to choose who lives and who dies- could get sued either way. I think it's dumb, but if we REALLY give a **** about solving a problem, you HAVE to approach it in good faith. Otherwise, we just draw lines down the middle and get more and more extreme.

I think abortion is horrible. I know there are long-term effects that haunt women (and men) long after the decision to abort. I know that for a fact.

But we live in a world where there are rarely good clean answers. We don't really support women who have children after they're born. Healthcare is a joke. Schools are a joke. We send some real mixed signals about sex and reproduction and reading children.

So maybe our energy should be spent on creating a world where 1) fewer unwanted children are born 2) when a child is born, it's not nearly impossible to raise?

Or, ya know, we can keep being *******s who just love being aggrieved and just continue how things have been. Seems to have worked out so well so far.
ValhallaBear
BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

That comparison truly saddens me.

it's a melancholy morning...

Yeah....it's sad to watch the self destruction of a great culture.

Oh well......time to plan another road trip.

The "culture" of old white people can't die fast enough. Jesus. Bye.
Amen brother!

And in protest you should:
-sell your cars
-have your electricity cut off
-never get on a computer or watch TV
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything
BrooksBearLives
ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

Amen brother!

-sell your cars
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything

Those things created almost exclusively by immigrants? Sure thing.
ValhallaBear
BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

Amen brother!

-sell your cars
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything

Oh yeah the Jesus was an immigrant play

All Americans were immigrants so therefore immigration is good
BrooksBearLives
ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

Amen brother!

-sell your cars
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything

It's neat you're getting it. I mean, you're still a white supremacist, but even they can learn stuff.

Proud of you.
ValhallaBear
BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

Amen brother!

-sell your cars
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything

It's neat you're getting it. I mean, you're still a white supremacist, but even they can learn stuff.

Proud of you.
Be sure not to drive today so you don't support old white culture
BrooksBearLives
ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ValhallaBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

corncob pipe said:

Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Pretty sobering

Amen brother!

-sell your cars
-not talk on the phone
-not drink clean water
-not use plumbing
-not fly anywhere
-don't buy anything

Proud of you.
Be sure not to drive today so you don't support old white culture

That's not white culture. Jesus. You're ****ing stupid
90sBear
BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

5 minutes prior to these pictures, it would be legally fine for a non-doctor to murder these babies in New York. Disgusting.

"Doctor I think I'm going to kill myself if I have to go through with this pregnancy. I just don't think I can take it. I'm not ready for it and I just can't do it."

That's no straw man argument. If the law states that the mother's emotional health could be a factor in determining if an abortion is appropriate past a certain developmental period, how are suicidal thoughts weighed into a decision? What if she has a plan and the means to carry it out? That could qualify her for at least a short stay in a hospital for psychiatric reasons and her safety.

It's absolutely pedantic. The idea that a woman would carry 9 months only to abort last second because she was feeling suicidal... that's reductum ad absurdum. You could reduce ANY argument to the point of absurdity.

The law was produced because a doctor -in a situation where they had to choose who lives and who dies- could get sued either way. I think it's dumb, but if we REALLY give a **** about solving a problem, you HAVE to approach it in good faith. Otherwise, we just draw lines down the middle and get more and more extreme.

I think abortion is horrible. I know there are long-term effects that haunt women (and men) long after the decision to abort. I know that for a fact.

But we live in a world where there are rarely good clean answers. We don't really support women who have children after they're born. Healthcare is a joke. Schools are a joke. We send some real mixed signals about sex and reproduction and reading children.

So maybe our energy should be spent on creating a world where 1) fewer unwanted children are born 2) when a child is born, it's not nearly impossible to raise?

Or, ya know, we can keep being *******s who just love being aggrieved and just continue how things have been. Seems to have worked out so well so far.
You ever work in the mental health field? I have. Years with adults at an MHMR organization and years at a locked unit adolescent psychiatric hospital. My wife has been an ER doc for over 15 years, she's got stories as well. So I don't really know what you think you can tell me about what is or is not "pedantic" when it comes to people who are reporting suicidal thoughts, whether legitimate or not.

I'm not arguing that there is going to be rush on abortions the day before babies are due. I'm asking what qualifies as legitimate consideration of the emotional health of mothers. I am wondering what the approach would be if mother comes in with a late term pregnancy reporting being suicidal due to the pregnancy. Obviously the first step would be to refer her to a mental health facility, but I'm curious what would happen if she continued her position. I don't know how common this might be, I'm really just curious.

I really am coming at this from a mental health perspective as a curiousity about one aspect of the new law. I have not argued against the law, I have not said it is good or bad, I have merely asked the question of how suicidal thoughts would come into play when discussing "emotional health." Not sure why you seem all bent out of shape about the question.
BrooksBearLives
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

You ever work in the mental health field? I have. Years with adults at an MHMR organization and years at a locked unit adolescent psychiatric hospital. My wife has been an ER doc for over 15 years, she's got stories as well. So I don't really know what you think you can tell me about what is or is not "pedantic" when it comes to people who are reporting suicidal thoughts, whether legitimate or not.

I'm not arguing that there is going to be rush on abortions the day before babies are due. I'm asking what qualifies as legitimate consideration of the emotional health of mothers. I am wondering what the approach would be if mother comes in with a late term pregnancy reporting being suicidal due to the pregnancy. Obviously the first step would be to refer her to a mental health facility, but I'm curious what would happen if she continued her position. I don't know how common this might be, I'm really just curious.

I really am coming at this from a mental health perspective as a curiousity about one aspect of the new law. I have not argued against the law, I have not said it is good or bad, I have merely asked the question of how suicidal thoughts would come into play when discussing "emotional health." Not sure why you seem all bent out of shape about the question.

I work -literally every day- with mental health issues and young adults. Though not in a clinical setting. Have you looked at the law to see how it defines imminent bodily harm before you started decrying this?
BrooksBearLives
From what I can find, it gives discretion to the doctor. The mother's life must be in danger.
90sBear
BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

I work -literally every day- with mental health issues and young adults. Though not in a clinical setting. Have you looked at the law to see how it defines imminent bodily harm before you started decrying this?
I have not - AGAIN, I'm asking a question.

Point out my "decrying" statement.
BrooksBearLives
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sure. You were only asking a question. Sigh.

I still think it's a pedantic question. This law was put in place because of fear of a Roe v Wade overturn. It's far from "abortion on demand." And I think the response has been so overwrought that it just makes allies of the pro-life movement seem untrustworthy.

For what it's worth, I am against abortion in nearly every case. But I don't have a great feeling -or trust of the government- to force a woman to do something with her body she doesn't want to do.

To me, the most moral thing to do is work hard to make a world where people who don't want kids, won't get pregnant. And make it easier for women to raise children when they do.
90sBear
BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

I still think it's a pedantic question. This law was put in place because of fear of a Roe v Wade overturn. It's far from "abortion on demand." And I think the response has been so overwrought that it just makes allies of the pro-life movement seem untrustworthy.

For what it's worth, I am against abortion in nearly every case. But I don't have a great feeling -or trust of the government- to force a woman to do something with her body she doesn't want to do.

To me, the most moral thing to do is work hard to make a world where people who don't want kids, won't get pregnant. And make it easier for women to raise children when they do.
Now you are just being an ass. I was asking a question.

I do not troll on this board, I ask questions and try to have intelligent conversations. I have agreed, disagreed with people on both ends of the political spectrum here.

So **** off with your condescending sigh.
BrooksBearLives
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

I do not troll on this board, I ask questions and try to have intelligent conversations. I have agreed, disagreed with people on both ends of the political spectrum here.

You made a statement in question form. Spare me your faux outrage. The board is already full up on that.

You asked the "question." If you really wanted an answer, you could have read the text of the law. It's not super long and free on the internet.
90sBear
BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

You made a statement in question form. Spare me your faux outrage. The board is already full up on that.

You asked the "question." If you really wanted an answer, you could have read the text of the law. It's not super long and free on the internet.
I asked a hypothetical in question format. You have never done that?

How many times do people ask a question on this board that Google could answer? What if the answer is an opinion or subjective?

Point out my decrying post on this topic or faux outrage on any thread in this forum.

So spare me your belief that you know exactly what people's intentions are on an internet message board.
BrooksBearLives
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

How many times do people ask a question on this board that Google could answer? What if the answer is an opinion or subjective?

Point out my decrying post on this topic or faux outrage on any thread in this forum.

So spare me your belief that you know exactly what people's intentions are on an internet message board.

Did you REALLY think there was going to be a rash of women carrying a pregnancy 9 months and then trying to abort a baby the day before it was born? Did you REALLY think that?

REALLY?
90sBear
BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

Did you REALLY think there was going to be a rash of women carrying a pregnancy 9 months and then trying to abort a baby the day before it was born? Did you REALLY think that?

REALLY?
THAT is a straw man argument.

I have already specifically stated I did not believe that
LIB,MR BEARS
It's time to quit this lame argument. BBL is correct here as he is one every other thread he post in about every subject.

LIB,MR BEARS
There will not be a rash of women doing this. However, there will be a handful and there will be at least one prompted to so that her "freedom" and her "choice" can be celebrated.

In the same way BBL knows the intentions of other posters, I know he will be fine with this despite the upcoming feigning objections.
BaylorOkie
Welcome back to the trailer park, BBL! Just feeling frisky or did you lose a bet?

Seriously, your anger is only rivaled by BBGWB and EGOT, but I'd say you have them both beat.

You are entertaining, though.
BaylorOkie
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

REALLY?
THAT is a straw man argument.

I have already specifically stated I did not believe that
The rest of us know you did. It was crystal clear.
GrowlTowel
90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

90sBear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

No reason to discuss anything with BBL. He is your typical liberal that believes he holds the moral high ground on every issue. Whenever challenged he yells strawman. Don't waste your time. Just mock him and move on.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
BrooksBearLives
Oh look. The Trumpster Cavalry has arrived.

Yawn.
LIB,MR BEARS
Drug addicted, wife-beater just released from 6 months in county: "YOU STUPID *****, I TOLD YOU NOT TO HAVE THAT KID! YOU HAVE THAT KID AND I'MTHROWING YOUR AZZ OUT ON THE STREET YOU PIECE OF TRASH. IM ALL YOU GOT. THAT KIDS GONNA RUIN OUR LIVES."

Never mind, BBL is right. Stuff like this will never happen.
GrowlTowel
To BBL - Social constructing again? Tell us again how a ***** is really not a male sex organ or how whites can be racist to other whites.
BaylorOkie
Let's see, I'm getting exposed as a moron and getting my ass handed to me, so what now?

Checks liberal manual...

"You people are Trump supporters!"

All other mindless liberals cheer in unison. People who think for themselves laugh.
Jack Bauer
Checks notes...

Angry white male

Jesus (expletive, not in His name)

Trump

Yawn
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

Oh look. The Trumpster Cavalry has arrived.

Yawn.
Because is you are against abortion, you absolutely cannot be a Democrat.
BrooksBearLives
You're right. Sorry I got in the way of your echo-chamber circle-jerk. Keep on, everyone.
GrowlTowel
You sure do reference cock a lot. Frustrated are you?
LIB,MR BEARS
BBL, you seem to have failed to address my "wife-beater" scenario.

Right now, it appears your running from the comment.
Forest Bueller
LIB,MR BEARS said:

It's time to quit this lame argument. BBL is correct here as he is one every other thread he post in about every subject.

Yes he is, complete with a heavy dose of "faux outrage".
BrooksBearLives
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Wait. You were serious? Am I supposed to respond to every stupid question I'm asked?
BrooksBearLives
Here's a good example:

https://www.instagram.com/becoming.a.goddess/p/BtCIiH3Apak/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=v66a9cvin1go
LIB,MR BEARS
BrooksBearLives said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Wait. You were shttps://nypost.com/2018/06/26/woman-had-boyfriend-punch-stomach-to-terminate-pregnancy-cops/erious? Am I supposed to respond to every stupid question I'm asked?
I wasn't serious. But, this ladies boyfriend was. So how about an answer.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/26/woman-had-boyfriend-punch-stomach-to-terminate-pregnancy-cops/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.