Salt and Crow Eating Thread

27,228 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Florda_mike
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Barr made that decision before he was nominated for AG, he even wrote an op-ed about it. It's probably why he was nominated.
Link?

I actually conflated two things, but his writings do indicate his mind was made up on Obstruction before becoming AG (for the 2nd time).

Barr wrote this WaPo op-ed in 2017 where he backs the Comey firing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/former-attorney-general-trump-made-the-right-call-on-comey/2017/05/12/0e858436-372d-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.ad1e31d003bf

And in June 2018 he sent this unsolicited memo to the DoJ laying out why he believes Mueller is using an incorrect definition of Obstruction and Trump should not he compelled to answer questions.
https://www.scribd.com/document/396090342/June-2018-Barr-Memo-to-DOJ-Muellers-Obstruction-Theory-1
So basically, KuMcK lied but hoped no one would catch it.
Mistaken doesn't mean Huck lied.
And he corrected his mistake.

Hey contrario, why don't you get Oldbear's definition of "lie" nailed down.
quash
ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Nunes. What a $250 million snowflake.

You lose 10 credibility points every time you cut and paste this guy.
'As a libertarian I am totally opposed to intrusive government (unless they're intruding on someone I don't like)

Devin Nunes is a ****ing hero

You don't understand his lawsuit which is why you're confused again

It's a snowflake lawsuit. Waaaah, Nunes Cow, waaah.
What exactly qualifies as a snowflake lawsuit? You throw that term around a lot, so I just want to understand what qualifies this lawsuit as one that is snowflake.

Tia
A lot? This is the first time I've ever used that term.
You use the term snowflake in many of your posts. So again, what makes this lawsuit snowflake, as opposed to a normal lawsuit, or non-snowflake lawsuit?

He's crying about his treatment in social media. Call the waaambulance.
So complaining on social media makes one a snowflake? Sorry, just trying to nail down a definition of snowflake so I can apply it appropriately in the future.
He is complaining about how he was treated BY social media.

And you don't need me to define words for you.
The lawsuit is not very solidly presented and doesn't make the point

Of course you're swallowing the NYT spin because you're soft and weak

Twitter and big social need to be classified as publishers
I don't read the NYT. The lawsuit is available online (I have a PACER account).

You want the state to regulate triggering speech on private platforms to protect snowflakes? They'll be here trying to save Doc and Florda and then where will you and your socks post your GIFs?
contrario
quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

'As a libertarian I am totally opposed to intrusive government (unless they're intruding on someone I don't like)

What exactly qualifies as a snowflake lawsuit? You throw that term around a lot, so I just want to understand what qualifies this lawsuit as one that is snowflake.

Tia
You use the term snowflake in many of your posts. So again, what makes this lawsuit snowflake, as opposed to a normal lawsuit, or non-snowflake lawsuit?

So complaining on social media makes one a snowflake? Sorry, just trying to nail down a definition of snowflake so I can apply it appropriately in the future.

So complaining about how people on social media makes one a snowflake? Again, just trying to set the bar here for future discussions.
ValhallaBear
quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Tia

You want the state to regulate triggering speech on private platforms to protect snowflakes? They'll be here trying to save Doc and Florda and then where will you and your socks post your GIFs?
Ummmm the Texas Tech board????
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Barr made that decision before he was nominated for AG, he even wrote an op-ed about it. It's probably why he was nominated.
Link?

I actually conflated two things, but his writings do indicate his mind was made up on Obstruction before becoming AG (for the 2nd time).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/former-attorney-general-trump-made-the-right-call-on-comey/2017/05/12/0e858436-372d-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.ad1e31d003bf

And in June 2018 he sent this unsolicited memo to the DoJ laying out why he believes Mueller is using an incorrect definition of Obstruction and Trump should not he compelled to answer questions.
https://www.scribd.com/document/396090342/June-2018-Barr-Memo-to-DOJ-Muellers-Obstruction-Theory-1
Deliberate mis-statement is lying.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies
corncob pipe
ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Tia

#andthewhitey2?
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Go ahead and point out what I "deliberately mis-stated". I said that Barr had prejudged the Obstruction issue before he was nominated, and then I provided a memo Barr wrote before being nominated, in which he seems to have pre-judged the issue of Obstruction. He wrote an op-ed about the issue as well, so instead of lying I was kind of unintentionally double right...
Florda_mike
HuMcK = LIES!
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Go ahead and point out what I "deliberately mis-stated". I said that Barr had prejudged the Obstruction issue before he was nominated, and then I provided a memo Barr wrote before being nominated, in which he seems to have pre-judged the issue of Obstruction. He wrote an op-ed about the issue as well, so instead of lying I was kind of unintentionally double right...
Wrong. You went after Barr for a reasonable opinion regarding Comey which you disliked, then you decided that spewage against Comey was prime material for claiming Barr 'made up his mind about the Mueller Report in advance' when there is absolutely no evidence for that claim.

You got caught lying. Just be a man and admit it, or at least move on. Vomit and spittle down your shirt front is not a good look for you, Huck.
ValhallaBear
corncob pipe said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

#andthewhitey2?
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Wrong. You went after Barr for a reasonable opinion regarding Comey which you disliked, then you decided that spewage against Comey was prime material for claiming Barr 'made up his mind about the Mueller Report in advance' when there is absolutely no evidence for that claim.

You got caught lying. Just be a man and admit it, or at least move on. Vomit and spittle down your shirt front is not a good look for you, Huck.

So you're just gonna straight up ignore the DoJ memo I provided to pretend like I was lying? Ok sure pal, whatever works for you.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

So you're just gonna straight up ignore the DoJ memo I provided to pretend like I was lying? Ok sure pal, whatever works for you.
I'm not ignoring anything, I'm laughing at the desperation so obvious in your posts.
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'm not ignoring anything, I'm laughing at the desperation so obvious in your posts.

You've literally avoided all mention of the memo to this point, and still are...
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

You've literally avoided all mention of the memo to this point, and still are...
Because that's irrelevant to your claim. You have no evidence, just spite.

And your desperate hysteria is only working against your image.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Trump not being compelled to answer questions does not mean Barr "prejudged" the obstruction case. The 1st page of the Barr memo says that a president can be guilty of obstruction if (and then Barr lays out the details).

I believe you are mistaken about Barr prejudging the case. The memo certainly does not support that conclusion, in my opinion.

Could you point out the part of the Barr op-ed that you interpret as "pre-judgement' of the obstruction allegation?
YoakDaddy
ValhallaBear said:

corncob pipe said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

#andthewhitey2?

Every time I see this sketch it reminds me of one the Noze did in the early 1990s in The Rope where they sketched Dr. Packard's face with the unibomber hoodie.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

They either have evidence of collusion or obstruction of justice or they don't.

Do you really think they did and just decided to let it slide?!
quash
contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

contrario said:

quash said:

ValhallaBear said:

quash said:

riflebear said:

Tia

So complaining about how people on social media makes one a snowflake? Again, just trying to set the bar here for future discussions.

What do you mean by "bar"? Prevent?
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

Florida Man Charged With Punching Child for Getting Ready Too Slowly
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

^^^ Typically all we hear is crickets, loud crickets
quash
Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Binary World is weird.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

Whaaaaattt??? Where did that come from? Drugs?
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

Florida man out semen in co-workers water.
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

^^^ DON'T DO DRUGS!

DON'T DO IT!
Oldbear83
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

This is why the Internet is so useful, that post is a reminder that quash is from Florida!
Oldbear83
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

^^^ quash's fantasy in print ^^^
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

This is why the Internet is so useful, that post is a reminder that quash is from Florida!

Quash is from Florida? Really?
OldBurlyBear86
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I will help you with pre judging. May 2016, Comey writes an acquittal letter for Mrs. Clinton. July 2016, he interviews her. Hmm.
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

Why else would he brag about punching a child in that way?
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

I'll help ya Quash

Quash = Lies

Why else would he brag about punching a child in that way?

Maybe he could tell us?

Those were a couple of weirded out of the blue posts!
HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Trump not being compelled to answer questions does not mean Barr "prejudged" the obstruction case. The 1st page of the Barr memo says that a president can be guilty of obstruction if (and then Barr lays out the details).

I believe you are mistaken about Barr prejudging the case. The memo certainly does not support that conclusion, in my opinion.

Could you point out the part of the Barr op-ed that you interpret as "pre-judgement' of the obstruction allegation?

The thing is, Barr seems to have laid out a narrower path to Obstruction in his memo than what is typically thought of, saying in essence that you have to prove the underlying crime to prove obstruction. Barr says that the "corrupt intent" element cannot be satisfied if you can't prove the underlying crime being investigated. That would come as news to Bill Clinton, who was impeached in part for obstructing an investigation into non-criminal acts.

As for the Comey op-ed, the main obstructive act would have been firing Comey after he wouldn't "let go" of the Flynn matter. Since Barr wrote an op-ed backing that firing back in 2017, it stands to reason that he views that act as kosher and not obstructive...in other words he had judged that issue before he was nominated.

Barr is also remembered for supporting the Iran/Contra pardons by H W Bush during his first stint as AG, which effectively killed off a previous Special Counsel investigation right before one of the main participants was to go on trial for lying to Congress. That episode, and his two written signals that he wouldn't let Trump be confronted with Obstruction charges, were probably his strongest resume items for the job in Trump's terms. Why else would he go with a re-tread from the 90s as an AG nomination?
FormerFlash
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Direct HuMcK quote:

"Barr made that decision before he was nominated for AG, he even wrote an op-ed about it. It's probably why he was nominated."

Also HuMcK quote:

These two posts are not just semantics. You took a clear position as if it were fact, got called out, then provided a justification that was purely opinion based. Just take your medicine and move on.

Sic Everyone.
Sam Lowry
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

The thing is, Barr seems to have laid out a narrower path to Obstruction in his memo than what is typically thought of, saying in essence that you have to prove the underlying crime to prove obstruction. Barr says that the "corrupt intent" element cannot be satisfied if you can't prove the underlying crime being investigated. That would come as news to Bill Clinton, who was impeached in part for obstructing an investigation into non-criminal acts.

As for the Comey op-ed, the main obstructive act would have been firing Comey after he wouldn't "let go" of the Flynn matter. Since Barr wrote an op-ed backing that firing back in 2017, it stands to reason that he views that act as kosher and not obstructive...in other words he had judged that issue before he was nominated.

Barr is also remembered for supporting the Iran/Contra pardons by H W Bush during his first stint as AG, which effectively killed off a previous Special Counsel investigation right before one of the main participants was to go on trial for lying to Congress. That episode, and his two written signals that he wouldn't let Trump be confronted with Obstruction charges, were probably his strongest resume items for the job in Trump's terms. Why else would he go with a re-tread from the 90s as an AG nomination?
That's not what Barr is saying at all. Inherently bad acts, such as the ones Clinton committed, don't require proof of the underlying crime. Trump's case is different because firing Comey was not a bad act in itself. It would only be evidence of obstruction if Trump were in fact guilty.
HuMcK
FormerFlash said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

Link?

Direct HuMcK quote:

"Barr made that decision before he was nominated for AG, he even wrote an op-ed about it. It's probably why he was nominated."

Also HuMcK quote:

These two posts are not just semantics. You took a clear position as if it were fact, got called out, then provided a justification that was purely opinion based. Just take your medicine and move on.

Yours is a strange post tbh. I figured the nature of an opinion-editorial (op-ed) made it clear that Barr's position was subjective, his opinion as it were, and my post was a (consensus) interpretation of Barr's opinion. My bad for not spelling it out for y'all I guess, but I did use the word "probably".

I really don't get what's so hard to grasp here, unless y'all are just being obtuse and don't want to see it. Barr wrote 2 documents laying out his (narrowed) position on Obstruction before he was ever AG, it's not a huge stretch to say that those positions probably made him an attractive candidate to someone under investigation for Obstruction.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.