More Free Stuff! Thank God for Rich People!!

11,661 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by william
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Johnny Bear said:

Jack Bauer said:

This is her plan"

Senator Warren Unveils Proposal to Tax Wealth of Ultra-Rich Americans

Annual Tax on Richest 0.1% of Americans Would Generate $2.75 Trillion in Revenue Over Ten Years
I love the way these "I'll promise anything to get elected..." leftist democrats always act like there will be an endless supply of "ultra rich people" (which there clearly isn't and won't be) that will just smile, lay down, and let the government confiscate whatever insane amount of money it wants to suck from them (which they won't - they'll figure out ways to move assets elsewhere and many of the jobs creators among them will stop doing so with devastating trickle down impact). These proposals are beyond insane and if implemented will do nothing but ultimately turn America into a giant 3rd world country.
Kind of like Trump promised coal miners?
Wow... just wow.

Maybe you would like to redeem yourself here? Take a few minutes, and just think about the vast differences between promising to bring back jobs vs. promising to give free stuff to kids.

Let's put it another way:

Have you ever promised to pay a kid $5 if they washed your car?
Have you ever given a kid $5 worth of candy?
Is there a difference between the two?

I'll give you a hint: in one scenario, you are getting a service for your $5 and in the other... you just lost $5.

Oh... and don't give me the bull crap that we are talking about education as an investment. This is debt forgiveness here. Those kids were going to get that degree (or already did get it). Most are already benefiting from the education (hopefully), or they would have that benefit in the future regardless of the free tuition. This is just about giving them money so they can buy stuff, and vote for democrats.
Wichitabear
Lolol
Waco1947
ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

"Your kids won the lottery."

Nope, his kids has responsible parents and learned work ethic.

Big difference.
On one hand people say "you gotta pay for your own way" through school. "Those loans for tuition were your own decision"

On the other hand, some parent's give 18 year old adults a free college education. It may or may not be deserved. Just because the parents have learned work ethic doesn't mean the kids did.

I don't want hear complaints that millennials are wanting "free stuff" if you put your kids through college. That's called free stuff as well. It's nice that you're able to ease that burden, but free stuff is free stuff, even when it came from your parents.
It is my job to take care of my family, not the government's (taxpayer's) job.
So you have your own fire department?
I have some five gallon buckets and a water hose. Does that count? Should my house catch fire, I will probably not sit on my ass waiting for them to get there. That is the difference between you and me.
How does the water arrive at your home? You have a well?

I buy water every month from a privately owned utility called Spring Hill Water. Why do you ask?
Do they get their water from a Corp of Engineers Lake or does it meet Federal or state or local specs for clean water? You are a citizen silly. You sound unpatriotic to me. That's sad.

I have a well.
My fire dept is a VOLUNTEER FD, not a government run organization.

What do you have to say to me?

And there is a HUGE difference between providing water sources, fire departments, police services,.... and "free" college tuition. All of those other services are necessary to save & sustain life. Higher education is not.
There is also a huge difference between services which are provided on the very local level (police & fire), and anything that the federal government attempts to provide (the VA, immigration cluster****, tax codes that are thousands of pages long). The local level has much more accountability and efficiency. The larger the government entity, the less of both.

College level education was never intended for everyone. We have K-12 for that. The problem is that the leftists have destroyed K-12 over the past 60+ years. We used to turn out HS grads who could do complex math (Algebra, Geometry, and even Trig) with nothing more than a pencil and maybe a slide ruler. Now we have HS grads who can barely read, and many who think our planet will be destroyed in 12 years because the weather keeps changing.

We do not need to extend high school into 4 years of college. The standards in K-12 and in college need to be going up, not down. We need to get government OUT of higher education, not further and further into it.
what do have to a citizen who believes he made it to the top by himself? I have nothing to say. You are too convinced your self entitled. Why debate an delusion person?
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

. Why debate an delusion person?

It's a valid question Waco, but don't worry. We know you really want to get back to reality, so a lot of us will continue to talk with you, hoping you can find your way to rational thought again.
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.
On one hand people say "you gotta pay for your own way" through school. "Those loans for tuition were your own decision"

On the other hand, some parent's give 18 year old adults a free college education. It may or may not be deserved. Just because the parents have learned work ethic doesn't mean the kids did.

I don't want hear complaints that millennials are wanting "free stuff" if you put your kids through college. That's called free stuff as well. It's nice that you're able to ease that burden, but free stuff is free stuff, even when it came from your parents.
I have some five gallon buckets and a water hose. Does that count? Should my house catch fire, I will probably not sit on my ass waiting for them to get there. That is the difference between you and me.

I buy water every month from a privately owned utility called Spring Hill Water. Why do you ask?
Do they get their water from a Corp of Engineers Lake or does it meet Federal or state or local specs for clean water? You are a citizen silly. You sound unpatriotic to me. That's sad.

I have a well.

And there is a HUGE difference between providing water sources, fire departments, police services,.... and "free" college tuition. All of those other services are necessary to save & sustain life. Higher education is not.
There is also a huge difference between services which are provided on the very local level (police & fire), and anything that the federal government attempts to provide (the VA, immigration cluster****, tax codes that are thousands of pages long). The local level has much more accountability and efficiency. The larger the government entity, the less of both.

College level education was never intended for everyone. We have K-12 for that. The problem is that the leftists have destroyed K-12 over the past 60+ years. We used to turn out HS grads who could do complex math (Algebra, Geometry, and even Trig) with nothing more than a pencil and maybe a slide ruler. Now we have HS grads who can barely read, and many who think our planet will be destroyed in 12 years because the weather keeps changing.

We do not need to extend high school into 4 years of college. The standards in K-12 and in college need to be going up, not down. We need to get government OUT of higher education, not further and further into it.
what do have to a citizen who believes he made it to the top by himself? I have nothing to say. You are too convinced your self entitled. Why debate an delusion person?

A couple of things seem to be missing here. Like a subject....and a predicate.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

I have a well.

So where exactly in Shooter's post did he say anything about himself or making it to the top? Just like our resident Bot, you sound like you are just looking for a fight. Not real preacher man like behavior in my opinion.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

I have a well.

uhhh... what??

Please read your first sentence, and then try again.

It appears that you are saying that I think I made it to the top by myself... and then you appear to claim that I believe I am entitled to something?? You do realize that those two concepts are completely opposed to eachother, right?

An person who believes they are entitled to things, does not believe that they have achieved anything by themselves. And where in the hell are you getting this junk from anyway? Is it because I have a water well, and a VFD?? I live outside of any major city. Everyone out here (rich and poor) has a water well and the VFD. I live out in the county where people help eachother, and no one depends upon the government to sustain their lives.

Why debate a delusional person? - I'm starting to ask myself that same question about you. Maybe you were having a discussion with the mouse in your pocket, and you accidentally typed it out as a response to me? Maybe?

Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

Wut? I sound unpatriotic because I buy my water from Spring Hill Water? Please elaborate.
You know! And don't deny it!!
Buddha Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

You appear to be glossing over the difference between parents spending money they earned and own, and people demanding someone be forced to pay for what they want.

And yes, anyone demanding someone else be forced to pay for a choice they freely made on their own, lacks anything like an ethical or responsible character.
Education is not a want. It's a necessity for a republic to have educated voters. Aristocrats thought once as you do.
Education is a fact of life, boyo. If you take advantage of your opportunities and work hard in school, all kinds of opportunities come your way. But college is not for everyone, in fact some people are learning that a productive trade is more satisfying and more financially rewarding than a generic degree from college. Becoming a plumber regularly means a six-figure salary, and a contractor can make a half-million in a year if he builds a name for good work. Compare that to state college grads who can do no better than working barista jobs or retail for the Gap.

Those life decisions are the responsibility of the kids making the choices. And yes, having good parents helps but it still comes down to making the decision to carry your own weight.

Demanding someone else pay for your college is the selfish, lazy attitude of the person who can't bother to study or work hard, the kind of person who blames others for his own poor decisions.

And your line about how aristocrats think makes me wonder if you slept through History. The problem with Aristocrats was not that they supported education or not, it's that they blundered in thinking the world needed them. In the real world, you make your own future, whatever your beginnings, and the ones who succeed bust their butt to create their dreams; they don't sit around whining how someone else "owes" them a future..
I don't think people are "demanding" someone else pay for their college education. Maybe the children of the parents who pay it for them are. The Donald Trump's of the world.

Joking aside, parental help is fine to an extent, and it's an inevitable fact of life that everyone is dealt a different hand. My point is, gov't backed loans were initially implemented to help the less advantaged.

Now that college prices outpace the benefit for some (considering interest rates) it's time for a change. 18 year old me wasn't nearly as smart as 39 year old me. I was lucky enough to catch the beginning of college inflation.

Had I been born 10 years later, there is no way I'd be a Baylor graduate, or be as financially independent as I am today. I think the older folks need to realize that they had a much better deal when it came to educational choices. We have a responsibility to recognize that, and help mitigate the problem.
Golem
Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

You appear to be glossing over the difference between parents spending money they earned and own, and people demanding someone be forced to pay for what they want.

And yes, anyone demanding someone else be forced to pay for a choice they freely made on their own, lacks anything like an ethical or responsible character.
Education is not a want. It's a necessity for a republic to have educated voters. Aristocrats thought once as you do.
Education is a fact of life, boyo. If you take advantage of your opportunities and work hard in school, all kinds of opportunities come your way. But college is not for everyone, in fact some people are learning that a productive trade is more satisfying and more financially rewarding than a generic degree from college. Becoming a plumber regularly means a six-figure salary, and a contractor can make a half-million in a year if he builds a name for good work. Compare that to state college grads who can do no better than working barista jobs or retail for the Gap.

Those life decisions are the responsibility of the kids making the choices. And yes, having good parents helps but it still comes down to making the decision to carry your own weight.

Demanding someone else pay for your college is the selfish, lazy attitude of the person who can't bother to study or work hard, the kind of person who blames others for his own poor decisions.

And your line about how aristocrats think makes me wonder if you slept through History. The problem with Aristocrats was not that they supported education or not, it's that they blundered in thinking the world needed them. In the real world, you make your own future, whatever your beginnings, and the ones who succeed bust their butt to create their dreams; they don't sit around whining how someone else "owes" them a future..
I don't think people are "demanding" someone else pay for their college education. Maybe the children of the parents who pay it for them are. The Donald Trump's of the world.

Joking aside, parental help is fine to an extent, and it's an inevitable fact of life that everyone is dealt a different hand. My point is, gov't backed loans were initially implemented to help the less advantaged.

Now that college prices outpace the benefit for some (considering interest rates) it's time for a change. 18 year old me wasn't nearly as smart as 39 year old me. I was lucky enough to catch the beginning of college inflation.

Had I been born 10 years later, there is no way I'd be a Baylor graduate, or be as financially independent as I am today. I think the older folks need to realize that they had a much better deal when it came to educational choices. We have a responsibility to recognize that, and help mitigate the problem.
The only reason college costs so much more today is government subsidies (loans and grants). Without that, there would not be such an elevated demand for a product with a relatively finite supply and the costs would not have gone up so astronomically. In short, it's the ignorant do-gooders who wanted to send everyone to college that are responsible for the costs being so incredibly high that only the rich or the poor can afford it.
Oldbear83
"I don't think people are "demanding" someone else pay for their college education"

Actually, that's precisely what a lot of leftists are demanding.
ShooterTX
Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

If you support tuition-free college policies (Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, basically every dem running for prez); then you are demanding that other people pay for college.

The only way college could truly be free, is if the school received absolutely NO money from ANY government entity (including Texas funding for UT, A&M, Tech, etc.), and yet there was no charge for tuition. No government grants, no government student loans, no Dept of Ed funding, no city or county funds for community colleges.... no government funding at all. Find THAT shcool, and let me know how exactly they do it.
Osodecentx
ShooterTX said:

If you support tuition-free college policies (Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, basically every dem running for prez); then you are demanding that other people pay for college.
And further, a lot more people don't go to college than do. They are asking poor people to pay for another family's tuition costs.
Florda_mike
ShooterTX said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Buddha Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Big difference.

The only way college could truly be free, is if the school received absolutely NO money from ANY government entity (including Texas funding for UT, A&M, Tech, etc.), and yet there was no charge for tuition. No government grants, no government student loans, no Dept of Ed funding, no city or county funds for community colleges.... no government funding at all. Find THAT shcool, and let me know how exactly they do it.

You thoroughly describe the mountain that government has built in education alone. That's what they do and it corrupts the institution they infest every time
Waco1947
Tax $.02 over $10,000,000 The money is there.
Florda_mike
Waco, the Town Drunk and Village Idiot
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

^^^^
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

How about you pay extra tax for a while, just to show you are serious, before you try reaching into anyone else's pocket?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

We should just seize all assets of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett, and have them arrested. They should be executed as enemies of the state. You on board here, Waco? Is this your Utopia?

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Waco1947 said:

We should just seize all assets of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett, and have them arrested. They should be executed as enemies of the state. You on board here, Waco? Is this your Utopia?

Waco's wondering who they are
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

You are insane.
The best estimate is that the current student debt is more than $1.5 TRILLION! There is no way to get that money from a new tax. And what the hell does "tax $.02 over $10,000,000" mean anyway? Are you saying that you take 2% of every dollar over $10MM in earnings? Or 2% of the assets over $10MM? Or just 2 pennies from whoever earns more than $10MM?

The entire nation earns about $13 trillion each year. If you only tax the super rich, you would never get closer to collecting a trillion dollars.

Now, we have only been talking about current debt. Let's not forget that these morons want free college for everyone. Currently we spend almost $70 billion in tuition each year. Once it is "free", you can expect that number to sky rocket very quickly.
There is no way to tax enough for all of that. No way in hell.
Golem
ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

You are insane.
The best estimate is that the current student debt is more than $1.5 TRILLION! There is no way to get that money from a new tax. And what the hell does "tax $.02 over $10,000,000" mean anyway? Are you saying that you take 2% of every dollar over $10MM in earnings? Or 2% of the assets over $10MM? Or just 2 pennies from whoever earns more than $10MM?

The entire nation earns about $13 trillion each year. If you only tax the super rich, you would never get closer to collecting a trillion dollars.

Now, we have only been talking about current debt. Let's not forget that these morons want free college for everyone. Currently we spend almost $70 billion in tuition each year. Once it is "free", you can expect that number to sky rocket very quickly.

He is fully insane. True. He's also rabidly anti-Christian and a full blown socialist.

He's talking about that lunatic Warren's proposed wealth tax...her plan to unconstitutionally confiscate wealth from the bank accounts of private citizens.
Florda_mike
GolemIII said:

ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

You are insane.

He is fully insane. True. He's also rabidly anti-Christian and a full blown socialist.

He's talking about that lunatic Warren's proposed wealth tax...her plan to unconstitutionally confiscate wealth from the bank accounts of private citizens.

Waco doesn't care about anything but his entitlement checks!

He's all for government theft from wealthy, and anyone for that matter just so his disabled handicapped victim azz can survive

Him coming on here arguing with us is his biting the hand that literally feeds him, but that doesn't matter anymore as thieves like Waco are backed up by an enabling government that protects his worthless azz from us big bad people

Democrat Socialists suc all from the productive people of our society that work, if they can
ShooterTX
GolemIII said:

ShooterTX said:

Waco1947 said:

You are insane.

Walt, wait, wait... he actually wants the government to illegally seize private property from citizens? That is a whole new level if insanity... or a new level of evil.
Waco1947
The wealth tax would raise $2.75 trillion over a 10-year period from about 75,000 families, or less than 0.1 percent of U.S. households, Saez said.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

The wealth tax would raise $2.75 trillion over a 10-year period from about 75,000 families, or less than 0.1 percent of U.S. households, Saez said.
Easy to just take money from other people.

If you think more should be paid, Waco, give all your money first, just to prove you're better than a thieving hypocrite.
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

And we will be $28 trillion in debt by 2028, sooner if there is a recession
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

The proposed $2 trillion infrastructure package concerns me greatly. How the Hell are we going to pay for it? Spending money we don't have seems to be the only thing that Republicans and Democrats can agree on.

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

The proposed $2 trillion infrastructure package concerns me greatly. How the Hell are we going to pay for it? Spending money we don't have seems to be the only thing that Republicans and Democrats can agree on.

Deficit is most all good debt imo, IF, you have your money invested in inflation proof assets

There'll have to be inflation because we'll print our way out of it and negotiate with relatively small debts to other countries including China

That's ALL assuming Trump wins 2020 and is the "negotiator" of our debt between '20-24. An Obama type would have no clue how to negotiate us out of a paper bag! Pray a democrat Socialist doesn't win, if they do then debt will bring us down possibly before we can vote the next Socialist democrat out again
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

Always willing to put someone else's money where your mouth is .

Never willing to lead by example and contribute your own cash.

What a clown .
william
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

More freebies for the young'uns! Not sure how Bernie will top this. Elizabeth Warren wants to forgive student debt and get the "ultra-rich" to pay for it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/warren-calls-for-massive-student-debt-relief-and-free-public-college-tuition/ar-BBWaYx4?OCID=AVRES007

What kind of message does that send to young people that it is okay to not pay your bills? How will those that worked, sacrificed, and did without and paid off their college loans feel about this?
pay up, whitey.

- BUmma

>>Carve away the stone (Sisyhpus)
Carve away the stone
Make a graven image
With some features of your own<<

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.