Trump Caves

22,531 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by corncob pipe
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did anyone really think he was serious with his threats? Right now the WH is scrambling to find a way to save face once again.

It's almost comical to me as I would be in favor of the tariff and let the chips fall where they may. This President;s pronouncements on Twitter seems to have more effect on the markets than the SEC and Hedge Funds combined.

He is the right winged version of Elon Musk. Their Tweets are about as believable as Santa Claus. Base bait.
riflebear
I'm guessing your post was sarcasm?

Doc Holliday
Looks like a win for the President.
contrario
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Did anyone really think he was serious with his threats? Right now the WH is scrambling to find a way to save face once again.

It's almost comical to me as I would be in favor of the tariff and let the chips fall where they may. This President;s pronouncements on Twitter seems to have more effect on the markets than the SEC and Hedge Funds combined.

He is the right winged version of Elon Musk. Their Tweets are about as believable as Santa Claus. Base bait.
? Are you confused?
Canada2017
Aliceinbubbleland said:

How is this not a win for Trump.....and more importantly a win for our country ?
Aliceinbubbleland
It's all words. It is always words. Nothing happens. What did Mexico say or do and I don't care what Trump says. He fabricates. If Mexico agreed to something let's hear it. From them. Not Twitter.
Malbec
Aliceinbubbleland said:

It's all words. It is always words. Nothing happens. What did Mexico say or do and I don't care what Trump says. He fabricates. If Mexico agreed to something let's hear it. From them. Not Twitter.
I think we did hear it from them.

Quote:

"The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico."

riflebear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Stranger
So much winning! MAGA!
I'm a Bearbacker
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
If you are a fan of tariffs and taxes, you must just love the basket of LIberal Lefties you will have the chance to vote for.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
cinque
Make Racism Wrong Again
Golem
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1T62YC

RebelT

You can't tell me that any of you stupid mother****ers actually believe there was any substance in that release, right?

That is worse than a startup marketing pitch. Fancy words, big promises, and not one ounce of measurable substance that means a damn thing.

I don't know why I am continually surprised at the number of braindead lemmings that blindly believe and celebrate everything the orange buffoon says.

Idiocracy is alive and well.
Golem
RebelT said:

You can't tell me that any of you stupid mother****ers actually believe there was any substance in that release, right?

That is worse than a startup marketing pitch. Fancy words, big promises, and not one ounce of measurable substance that means a damn thing.

I don't know why I am continually surprised at the number of braindead lemmings that blindly believe and celebrate everything the orange buffoon says.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1T62YC
PacificBear
USA USA. USA
Doc Holliday
RebelT said:

This isn't Obama.

Trump doesn't play around. I'm satisfied with the results of this.
contrario
RebelT said:

Name one policy or law that has "measurable substance" in it. You won't be able name many. And the reason is because measurable results would get politicians fired. Affordable care act didn't make healthcare more affordable, nor did it give any "measurable substance" that it would. Same with the war on poverty, war on drugs, environmental legislation, tax cuts, tax increases, or any other policy passed in DC.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Now that he has lowered the debt and brought us a real plans to elimate national debt, tackled the affordable health care problem and built a wall with Mexico's money, there is no doubt that this plan to resolve the immigration problem will be the crowning jewel in his stellar list of promised accomplishments.

Raise your glasses and cheer. Pres, Trump doesnt mess around!!!
Florda_mike
PacificBear said:

USA USA. USA

I love our country
corncob pipe
Mexico.. a more willing partner in stopping illegal immigration than Democrats
Florda_mike
corncob pipe said:

Mexico.. a more willing partner in stopping illegal immigration than Democrats
Doc Holliday
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Now that he has lowered the debt and brought us a real plans to elimate national debt, tackled the affordable health care problem and built a wall with Mexico's money, there is no doubt that this plan to resolve the immigration problem will be the crowning jewel in his stellar list of promised accomplishments.

Man you really do hate this President.

What's funny is he's accomplished more than both parties have in decades...but you don't treat them the same.
Ludwig von Missi
RebelT said:

Rule #1. As long as Trump says we're winning, we're winning. Duh. You obviously don't understand how 4D chess works.
Jack and DP
Aliceinbubbleland
RebelT said:

I may prove to be wrong but the above states my thoughts very well. I'm amazed so many take Trump at his word. He rarely, if ever, lives up to threats. If things change on the border then good for him. Otherwise this is just more of the same puffery.
Oldbear83
The Trump haters are going to need stronger blood pressure meds.

This is a win by any reasonable standard, and the TDS crowd is mad because the tariffs against Mexico won't go into effect.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Always a moving 'target' with you. Be honest....there is nothing Trump could reasonably accomplish ( with a Dem controlled House out to destroy him ) that would garner your vote in 2020.
Ludwig von Missi
Oldbear83 said:

This is a win by any reasonable standard, and the TDS crowd is mad because the tariffs against Mexico won't go into effect.
There are two strains of TDS.

Trump Derangement Syndrome and Trump Dicksucking Sydrome.

I prefer to find a healthy balance between the two.
Oldbear83
Crash Davis said:

Oldbear83 said:

Seems to me that gratuitous use of profanity/vulger imagery is a symptom of TDS.

Please show me where Obama, either Bush, or Clinton accomplished as much with Mexico as this agreement, noting that the 1995 NAFTA agreement does not count since it was a loss for the US.

If you judge Trump by media spin you will hate him. If you judge him by the substance of results, relative to past Presidents, he's doing well.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Ludwig von Missi
Oldbear83 said:

Crash Davis said:

Oldbear83 said:

Seems to me that gratuitous use of profanity/vulger imagery is a symptom of TDS.

Please show me where Obama, either Bush, or Clinton accomplished as much with Mexico as this agreement, noting that the 1995 NAFTA agreement does not count since it was a loss for the US.

If you judge Trump by media spin you will hate him. If you judge him by the substance of results, relative to past Presidents, he's doing well.
I just curse a lot. That trait predates the Trump presidency and I suspect it will be there well after he is gone.

I compliment Trump when I think he has done something good. I criticize him when I think he has done something bad. And I laugh at the bootlickers when Trump convinces them that he has scored a major victory that is marginal at best.
midgett
Jack and DP said:

Speculation that tariff negotiations with China and Mexico helped this week. But the biggest boost was economic reports indicating weakness that may justify a rate cut. Rate cuts are typically done in association with a weakening economy. That's not a good thing. One beef I have with Trump is his using the equity markets as a benchmark for success. It's not if that will ever bite you in the butt, it's when.
midgett
Oh, and those ripping Trump for a potential Mexico deal. ANYTHING is better than what we had. It's called negotiation. You compromise so everyone wins. House Democrats could learn a thing or two from that. Maybe they could present some legislation that will actually become law and benefit everyone rather than absurd green deals and endless investigations.
ValhallaBear
Jack and DP
riflebear
Oldbear83 said:

This is definitely a win. It might only be us winning the 1st qtr of the game because we don't know if Mexico will follow thru on everything they promised and it certainly won't solve the border crisis but something is better than nothing right now when over 100k illegals are entering the US every month which is a disaster for this country.

Bottom line is this is an enormous crisis on the border. Not because Trump said so but because everyone has been saying it for decades including Dems and it's just 100% fact.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a small win is delusional and the point of the pro Trump posts is this thread is because the title and OP is 100% false. I'm confused at some mocking this deal when the items negotiated have been made public. Can some of you not read or do you just refuse to acknowledge any positive news out of this White House?

I could care less if this helps Trump. It helps our country which all of us should be in favor of no matter how little it is. Any small step forward is a win for all of us and hopefully provides more safety from drug cartels and child traffickers and criminals coming into the US.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.