Trump Caves

22,964 Views | 267 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by corncob pipe
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

MEXICO HAS AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!

Trump screams his victory, but it's nowhere to be found.

But you think he's honest.
Trump is more honest than quash, yes.
Back to the quote Mr. Integrity: where is the agreement on ag buys? Just show me.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

MEXICO HAS AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!

Back to the quote Mr. Integrity: where is the agreement on ag buys? Just show me.
Not my concern, I simply stated that the President is more honest than you,

Yes, that should worry you.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

"I know you are but what am I?"

WEAK.
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

Not my concern, I simply stated that the President is more honest than you,

Yes, that should worry you.
I"m changing the subject because I haven't done any reading.

The upside of blinding believing what the master says, is that you don't have to do any real reading. Just follow along!
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
Not what I said. Are you sure English is your first language?
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
It's the same thing.

Someone else: "Here's proof the President lied"

you: "he's more honest than you!"

again and again.
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
It's the same thing.

again and again.
I said that one time. And not even to you.

You have an obsession problem, son.

BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
It's the same thing.

again and again.

Every argument you make:

You: "Statement about something not related to the question at hand"

You: "insult towards me or someone else."
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
It's the same thing.

again and again.

Every argument you make:

Not at all true. I have repeatedly explained my opinion, to which you launch insults and derision, to which I sometimes respond in kind.

You need a nap, son.
Doc Holliday
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

@realDonaldTrump

WEAK.
It's the same thing.

again and again.

Every argument you make:

Not at all true. I have repeatedly explained my opinion, to which you launch insults and derision, to which I sometimes respond in kind.

You need a nap, son.
He does need a nap.

Some of these people would physically assault you over your opinions while simultaneously screeching about ending violence and hate.
contrario
This is exhausting. BBL thinks there isn't a deal that was made and nothing new came out of the tariffs threat. Doc, 83 and others think this is a groundbreaking deal and huge strides were made. The truth is somewhere in the middle and both sides are too hard-headed, or ignorant, to admit that.
Doc Holliday
contrario said:

This is exhausting. BBL thinks there isn't a deal that was made and nothing new came out of the tariffs threat. Doc, 83 and others think this is a groundbreaking deal and huge strides were made. The truth is somewhere in the middle and both sides are too hard-headed, or ignorant, to admit that.
I think it's groundbreaking in that there is a huge firewall in D.C. with regards to illegal immigration and POTUS is managing a way to get the ball rolling and actually seeing results.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

I think it's groundbreaking in that there is a huge firewall in D.C. with regards to illegal immigration and POTUS is managing a way to get the ball rolling and actually seeing results.

What proof do you have that Mexico was going to pull out? Your entire premise is based on an argument that even Trump and his people aren't making.

Trump is still saying the big benefit was that Mexico has agreed to buy more crops (they haven't). Then he said the big special deal was on the piece of paper he was waving at the press avail -but he wouldn't tell anyone any details and NONE of his staff could confirm anything (which is strange, because 1. the white house leaks like a sieve and 2. they usually share details when there are details to be known).

So what proof do you have that they were going to pull out?
BrooksBearLives
contrario said:

I'm begging for details. I've been searching everywhere for something and finding nothing.

This is the closest I've found.

Quote:

The Trump administration has been trying to pressure Mexico to enter into a "safe third country" agreement, which would deem Mexico a safe place for migrants and make it harder for asylum seekers who pass through the country to wait until they reach American soil to file a claim.

But the deal announced Friday made no mention of the issue.
A senior administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity to share details of closed-door talks, said Mexico had expressed openness to the idea during negotiations, and said the two countries would continue to discuss the issue over the coming months.
Mexico has been insistent that it has not agreed to the provision, which would require approval from local lawmakers.
Instead, Ebrard said during a press conference in Mexico City Monday, if the deal announced Friday does not begin to drive down migrant numbers in the next 45 days, officials will open up new discussions in which the U.S. will again push for the safe third country measure and Mexico will propose establishing a regional refuge system in conjunction with the United Nations and the governments of Guatemala, Panama and Brazil three countries that are often starting points for migrants headed to the U.S.
"They wanted something else totally different ... to be signed," Ebrard said Monday. "But that is what there is here. There is no other thing." As for Trump's tweets hyping a secret measure? Ebrard said he'd provided a full account for transparency's sake.
Mexico fears that being designated a safe third country would only add to the number of asylum applications it receives. Those numbers have climbed dramatically in recent years and the government has admitted it does not have the resources to keep up.

As a practical matter, Mexico would have difficulty integrating thousands of additional migrants into a barely growing economy, making them targets to expand the ranks of Mexican organized crime groups.
Over the weekend, Trump also claimed another new element of the deal, tweeting that Mexico had "AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!" The administration has yet to reveal the details of any such provision, and Mexican officials say no agreement on farm goods was reached as part of the talks.
Ebrard told reporters the talks had focused on migration, not commerce, and hypothesized that Trump was calculating an economic boost resulting from his decision not to implement the tariffs.
"We do not have a specific agreement on products of that nature," he said.
This is from the AP. They're non-political.
https://www.apnews.com/7bedd8e672dd4f6ca3ffe2b3fd78fe0f

And here's Trump waiving the "secret deal" on a piece of paper.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-repeatedly-flashes-piece-paper-claims-part-secret/story?id=63639120

And, of course, the stable genius waived the secret deal that he said HAD TO REMAIN SECRET in public, aaaaand people have already hacked the picture and read it.

Nothing new.
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

I'm begging for details. I've been searching everywhere for something and finding nothing.

Quote:

The Trump administration has been trying to pressure Mexico to enter into a "safe third country" agreement, which would deem Mexico a safe place for migrants and make it harder for asylum seekers who pass through the country to wait until they reach American soil to file a claim.

A senior administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity to share details of closed-door talks, said Mexico had expressed openness to the idea during negotiations, and said the two countries would continue to discuss the issue over the coming months.
Mexico has been insistent that it has not agreed to the provision, which would require approval from local lawmakers.
Instead, Ebrard said during a press conference in Mexico City Monday, if the deal announced Friday does not begin to drive down migrant numbers in the next 45 days, officials will open up new discussions in which the U.S. will again push for the safe third country measure and Mexico will propose establishing a regional refuge system in conjunction with the United Nations and the governments of Guatemala, Panama and Brazil three countries that are often starting points for migrants headed to the U.S.
"They wanted something else totally different ... to be signed," Ebrard said Monday. "But that is what there is here. There is no other thing." As for Trump's tweets hyping a secret measure? Ebrard said he'd provided a full account for transparency's sake.
Mexico fears that being designated a safe third country would only add to the number of asylum applications it receives. Those numbers have climbed dramatically in recent years and the government has admitted it does not have the resources to keep up.

As a practical matter, Mexico would have difficulty integrating thousands of additional migrants into a barely growing economy, making them targets to expand the ranks of Mexican organized crime groups.
Over the weekend, Trump also claimed another new element of the deal, tweeting that Mexico had "AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!" The administration has yet to reveal the details of any such provision, and Mexican officials say no agreement on farm goods was reached as part of the talks.
Ebrard told reporters the talks had focused on migration, not commerce, and hypothesized that Trump was calculating an economic boost resulting from his decision not to implement the tariffs.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-repeatedly-flashes-piece-paper-claims-part-secret/story?id=63639120

And, of course, the stable genius waived the secret deal that he said HAD TO REMAIN SECRET in public, aaaaand people have already hacked the picture and read it.

Nothing new.
The AP is political, they are just not as political as other media.
BrooksBearLives
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.
LOL. Fair enough. I think their lean will vary depending upon who you ask.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.
Then cite a media source that isn't biased for proof Trump accomplished something here. Heck, cite a source that shares your bias, just make it a factual cite not one of riflebear's opinion tweets.

contrario: when you have what you describe it is not an impasse: the burden of proof rests with the one making the claim. That burden has not been met.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
contrario
BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.
What's new is that Mexico didn't appear to be in a big hurry to follow through on what they agreed to. That doesn't mean they were pulling out (which is what you keep saying people are saying, but no one has said that), but it does mean they were dragging their feet. Was anything new agreed to? We may never know all the details, but there were probably some modifications or new terms added. But the bigger issue is that it got Mexico to stop dragging its feet on what they agreed to. Is that ground breaking? Probably not. Is it more than nothing? Absolutely. So the truth is in the middle.

And of course Trump (and by default, his followers) is going to make this out to be a huge deal; bigger than it actually is. But that's what politicians do. I'm not sure why you are drawing the line in the sand regarding a politician exaggerating an accomplishment, unless, of course, you are going to start doing this with every politician, Republican or Democrat, that does this. If that's the route you are going to take, more power to you, that sounds exhausting. But that's what you'll need to do in the name of being consistent. Otherwise you are just a binary with too much time on your hands.
BrooksBearLives
contrario said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.
What's new is that Mexico didn't appear to be in a big hurry to follow through on what they agreed to. That doesn't mean they were pulling out (which is what you keep saying people are saying, but no one has said that), but it does mean they were dragging their feet. Was anything new agreed to? We may never know all the details, but there were probably some modifications or new terms added. But the bigger issue is that it got Mexico to stop dragging its feet on what they agreed to. Is that ground breaking? Probably not. Is it more than nothing? Absolutely. So the truth is in the middle.

And of course Trump (and by default, his followers) is going to make this out to be a huge deal; bigger than it actually is. But that's what politicians do. I'm not sure why you are drawing the line in the sand regarding a politician exaggerating an accomplishment, unless, of course, you are going to start doing this with every politician, Republican or Democrat, that does this. If that's the route you are going to take, more power to you, that sounds exhausting. But that's what you'll need to do in the name of being consistent. Otherwise you are just a binary with too much time on your hands.
There is no proof Mexico was dragging their feet.

As more information is coming out, what really happened was that Trump did what he is known for doing. He sent other people to negotiate. They come back with a deal. He doesn't pay attention to the deal. Then he finally has someone point out what happened and he blows up and tries to change the deal. He's known for doing this: http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/why-all-of-trumps-deals-are-bad.html, https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/01/donald-trump-deals-negotiation-art-of-deal-218584

In this case, the deal that was agreed to, was the current deal without the Safe 3rd Party Country deal. That's what he was wanting to do with the tariffs -which he claimed he was placing on Mexico under a rule that covers national security (which this clearly wasn't. No president/country before has used this trade rule to punish non trade infractions). So he made his threat. It clearly backfired between the weak May Jobs report and Republican Senators in revolt and he backed off, claiming victory for the original agreement.

I have sources to back this up.

Senators in revolt https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/04/trump-mexico-tariffs-senate-1353180

May Jobs report: https://www.ibtimes.com/may-jobs-report-suggests-slowing-economy-possibly-imminent-interest-rate-cut-2799272
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

You're not serious with this, are you? OANN? Really?
Doc Holliday
BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

So the foreign minister is lying?

Doc Holliday
OBAMA WHITE HOUSE DELETED ONLINE SPEECHES ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION CRISIS HOURS BEFORE TRUMP ENTERED OFFICE:

The Obama administration deleted hundreds of speeches and statements on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website just hours before President Donald Trump officially entered office, according to research released Tuesday.

A collection of 190 transcripts of speeches on ICE's website was deleted on Jan. 18 and late in the evening on Jan. 19, 2017, according to research conducted by the Sunlight Foundation, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for government transparency. Statements made by high-ranking ICE officials regarding controversial immigration topics such as sanctuary cities, E-Verify, treatment of detainees, and other issues were included in the reported deletions.

"With a couple of clicks of a mouse, access to a federal government web resource containing 12 years of primary source materials on ICE's history was lost," the Sunlight Foundation wrote, noting that archived speeches dating back from 2004 were among those deleted.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.
Then cite a media source that isn't biased for proof Trump accomplished something here. Heck, cite a source that shares your bias, just make it a factual cite not one of riflebear's opinion tweets.

contrario: when you have what you describe it is not an impasse: the burden of proof rests with the one making the claim. That burden has not been met.
All media is biased. Comes from being in business and catering to a target audience.

I miss the old United Press International (UPI). They were biased too, but AP and UPI kept each other more or less honest because they would call out the really outlandish stuff, while today it's all about which team the media outlet joins.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Doc Holliday said:

So the foreign minister is lying?

I just think he's saying what he needs to say. Notice he didn't mention the 6,000 troops? He said they had "a lot to do in 45 days."

They're LITERALLY selling the Mexican Presidential Plane to pay for this.

LMAO. Wow.

Reports are coming out that they're going to deploy army/police and deputize/re-classify them. Wow.

But hey, Trump doesn't care.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-mexico-border/mexico-says-national-guard-deployment-to-southern-border-starts-on-wednesday-idUSKCN1TD1UI
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.

All media is biased. Comes from being in business and catering to a target audience.

I miss the old United Press International (UPI). They were biased too, but AP and UPI kept each other more or less honest because they would call out the really outlandish stuff, while today it's all about which team the media outlet joins.
OK, use a biased source then to prove that Trump is honest about big ag buys. LARGE.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

contrario said:

Quote:

Nothing new.

OK, use a biased source then to prove that Trump is honest about big ag buys. LARGE.
You're more bitter and sour than usual today. quash. Everything all right at home?
riflebear
Doc Holliday said:

OBAMA WHITE HOUSE DELETED ONLINE SPEECHES ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION CRISIS HOURS BEFORE TRUMP ENTERED OFFICE:

The Obama administration deleted hundreds of speeches and statements on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website just hours before President Donald Trump officially entered office, according to research released Tuesday.

A collection of 190 transcripts of speeches on ICE's website was deleted on Jan. 18 and late in the evening on Jan. 19, 2017, according to research conducted by the Sunlight Foundation, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for government transparency. Statements made by high-ranking ICE officials regarding controversial immigration topics such as sanctuary cities, E-Verify, treatment of detainees, and other issues were included in the reported deletions.

"With a couple of clicks of a mouse, access to a federal government web resource containing 12 years of primary source materials on ICE's history was lost," the Sunlight Foundation wrote, noting that archived speeches dating back from 2004 were among those deleted.
More proof that Biden & Obama were correct when they said they were very proud to not have any scandals during their administration.

Amazing that the lib media won't even touch stories like this or talk about it in on their evening shows. Amazing lib journalists are ok sweeping corruption under the rug as along as it helps their candidates.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

Um. 1. what does this have to do with anything?

2. did you actually read the original report? Turns out that it's a little different than how the extremely conservative Daily Caller characterized it. (Shocking, I know). The sunshine foundation described it as good old-fashioned poor archiving.

You're struggling today, buddy.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/2019/06/11/removal-of-ice-speeches-collection/
Quote:

As part of the transition from one presidential administration to another, agencies naturally make numerous changes to their websites. These changes may be routine, but they also may involve the removal of information of historical or political importance.

Web archiving practices that preserve web content from an outgoing administration should be standard. Programs and software that preserve public access to content from previous administrations without limiting the incoming administration's ability to change their live websites, such as Archive-It (a service of the Internet Archive), are widely available. However, many federal agencies, including ICE, have not taken steps to prevent the loss of formerly accessible information.

Poor archiving practices is one of the web governance issues WIP encounters most frequently. In response to the pervasive shortcomings around archiving in the federal web, over the next few weeks WIP will publish a blog series about archiving in the federal government, with a particular focus on archiving during transitions from one administration to the next. We will set out the technological landscape, discuss existing archiving practices within agencies, describe the regulatory framework governing web archiving, and make recommendations for best practices. Stay tuned.
It really pays to engage in some good old-fashioned critical thinking, instead of believing everything you want to.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

More proof that Biden & Obama were correct when they said they were very proud to not have any scandals during their administration.

Amazing that the lib media won't even touch stories like this or talk about it in on their evening shows. Amazing lib journalists are ok sweeping corruption under the rug as along as it helps their candidates. Journalism should not be a degree in schools anymore, it's basically non existent. I'm sure there are some good ones who want to do the right thing once they graduate but they soon find out if they don't follow the party line they won't have a job.
Brother. You need to take a step back.

These were all prepared speeches and remarks. Nothing here was hidden. Almost all of it is available elsewhere. YOU REALLY need to take a step back.

If you want to bag on Obama, fine. There are actual things you can choose. You don't have to go chasing every shadow.
riflebear
BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Amazing that the lib media won't even touch stories like this or talk about it in on their evening shows. Amazing lib journalists are ok sweeping corruption under the rug as along as it helps their candidates. Journalism should not be a degree in schools anymore, it's basically non existent. I'm sure there are some good ones who want to do the right thing once they graduate but they soon find out if they don't follow the party line they won't have a job.

These were all prepared speeches and remarks. Nothing here was hidden. Almost all of it is available elsewhere. YOU REALLY need to take a step back.

If you want to bag on Obama, fine. There are actual things you can choose. You don't have to go chasing every shadow.
LOL - thanks for justifying last hour deletions. Amazing how naive libs are or how they will justify corruption like it's no big deal.

Of course this is just one of the 100s of small shady things they do, but when you add them all up and throw in the HUGE ELEPHANT in the room that is spying on the Trump campaign illegally and setting them up and working w/ foreign goats you have the most corrupt Admin in history saying they are squeaky clean because they didn't think Trump would win and they would be exposed.
BrooksBearLives
riflebear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

riflebear said:

Doc Holliday said:

LOL - thanks for justifying last hour deletions. Amazing how naive libs are or how they will justify corruption like it's no big deal.
IT'S LITERALLY TAKEN FROM THE REPORT.
Doc Holliday
Brooks, you're unhinged. Like completely unhinged brother.

We know POTUS lives rent free in your head, but he isn't a king or dictator, and he will be out of office in 6 years.

Nothing bad or crazy is happening, we're not in a major war, the economy is on fire, people are happy and their buying power is tremendous.

There is simply the rise of populism because your political views have been at the forefront for the past 20 years. It's time to respect that not everyone thinks like you. OK. Coexist.

Calm down.
BrooksBearLives
Doc Holliday said:

Brooks, you're unhinged. Like completely unhinged brother.

We know POTUS lives rent free in your head, but he isn't a king or dictator, and he will be out of office in 6 years.

Nothing bad or crazy is happening, we're not in a major war, the economy is on fire, people are happy and their buying power is tremendous.

There is simply the rise of populism because your political views have been at the forefront for the past 20 years. It's time to respect that not everyone thinks like you. OK. Coexist.

Calm down.
Cool. You're insulting me and calling me crazy instead of addressing the literal points I got from reading the source material you couldn't be bothered to.

Listen. I know someone fact-checking you is eating into your fun. Sorry I'm not sorry.

But the report you cited didn't say what you said it said. And that's because you didn't read it. It's your laziness that makes you look dumb, not me.

Also, spare me the "Trump lives in my head" ***** You literally just dumped **** about Obama on a thread about Trump.

corncob pipe
only 5-1/2 more years to go

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.