Was Barack Obama really a Christian?

13,078 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
robby44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Can God Save A Hooker?"
Midnight Rider
I don't recall reading any opinion of Jesus on any of the matters in the original post.
ScottS
Prairie_Bear said:

ScottS said:

I think there was

LOL, this right here is the politics board in a nutshell. From the department of "I'm hearing...." What I want to believe is my reality exacerbated by social media confirmation. We are getting dumber as a society.

Couldn't care less about Obama's religious affiliation or Trump's hypocritical infidelities and selfish narcissism or otherwise. You could run satanic ceremonies on the front lawn for all I care as long as country is being run well and rule of law is being followed.

Not from social media but from Obama's mouth. Thanks for playing Prairie bear.
YoakDaddy
robby44 said:

"Can God Save A Hooker?"

No. Those were the CAB days that don't exist anymore.
Sailor Bear
BaylorFTW said:

Bearish said:

I'm gonna regret posting on this board, but I've got a hot take for you, OP. Not a single point you listed is "unchristian." Have a great day!
You have a great day too. However, your bible must read differently than mine. In mine, Christians aren't ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and they do not hide their faith under a bushel. I wonder if you are not letting your politics get the best of you.
But here's the problem. Everything in your post came from a conservative, Anglo Christian perspective. Christianity is much larger than how it is defined in right-leaning American churches full of white people.

To speak for Christianity, in a global sense, the best resource we have is the mouth of Jesus, and he didn't utter a word about any of the points you make. Those are political opinions - no doubt framed by your understanding of Christianity, which is not a bad thing - but they do not speak for Christianity itself.

Sam Lowry
I can only guess from his interviews that Obama is the spiritual but not religious type. He was easily the most anti-Christian president in terms of his policies.
BaylorFTW
Bearish said:

BaylorFTW said:

Bearish said:

I'm gonna regret posting on this board, but I've got a hot take for you, OP. Not a single point you listed is "unchristian." Have a great day!
You have a great day too. However, your bible must read differently than mine. In mine, Christians aren't ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and they do not hide their faith under a bushel. I wonder if you are not letting your politics get the best of you.
But here's the problem. Everything in your post came from a conservative, Anglo Christian perspective. Christianity is much larger than how it is defined in right-leaning American churches full of white people.

To speak for Christianity, in a global sense, the best resource we have is the mouth of Jesus, and he didn't utter a word about any of the points you make. Those are political opinions - no doubt framed by your understanding of Christianity, which is not a bad thing - but they do not speak for Christianity itself.

Again, the points in the OP come from David Horowitz who is an agnostic Jew. It is interesting that you have chosen to insert race into this discussion since my words nor David's mention race. What is even more interesting is that you appear to have forgotten that Jesus said the comments regarding not putting your faith under a bushel in The Beatitudes in Matthew 5:15-16. Finally, even if you do not, many Christians believe the whole bible is inspired by the word of God and so even other non red letter words are still the words of Jesus as he is one of the 3 persons of God. I believe these views extend beyond conservative Anglo Christian perspectives even if there are some more secular influenced Churches who would disagree.
cinque
corncob pipe said:

Buddha Bear said:

But Obama wasn't a Muslim. A person would only say that to insult him, and to appease their inner anger toward him.

Most assuredly not, after all, the grandson of, and the son of, and the stepson of, a Muslim ....

Is not a Muslim
And you're not a Christian, you lying demon.
Prairie_Bear
PartyBear said:

Someone asked the other day about when this board died. It was soon after the Baylorfans merger and this became an alt right nut job echo chamber.

Haha, really? This board, thanks to cinque/golem/Florida mike/Oldbear/doc holiday/etc that stifles thought and conversation is why it's a drag. Honestly a good lesson every now and then that I should be staring at my phone less in general.

This thread judging whether someone is a Christian or not is a perfect example of the hypocrisy that is driving people away from the church. Well that and the ability to Google information.

Midnight Rider
cinque
At prayer breakfast, Obama calls Jesus "my Lord and Savior"

President Barack Obama made a clear declaration of his Christian faith on Thursday and seemed to express some frustration that his beliefs continue to be called into question.
Let me tell you, these past two years, they have deepened my faith," Obama told a ballroom full of applauding believers at the annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington.
"The presidency has a funny way of making a person feel the need to pray.
He detailed how, after a non-religious upbringing, he came to define himself as a Christian.
"A call rooted in faith is what led me, just a few years out of college, to sign up as a community organizer for a group of churches on the south side of Chicago," he said.
"And it was through that experience, working with pastors and laypeople, trying to heal the wounds of hurting neighborhoods, that I came to know Jesus Christ for myself and embrace him as my Lord and Savior."
Obama joked that he prayed for patience while watching his children grow up.
"Lord, give me patience as I watch Malia go to her first dance, where there will be boys," he said, referring to his oldest daughter, to laughter from the audience.
"Lord, have that skirt get longer as she travels to that dance."
He said his faith sustained him when he could not do more to help Americans dealing with the rough economy.
But he also seemed to vent frustration that despite more than 20 years as a practicing Christian, people still question his religious persuasion.
Polls show many Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.

"My Christian faith then has been a sustaining force for me over these last few years, all the more so when Michelle and I hear our faith questioned from time to time," he said.
"We are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us, but whether we're being true to our conscience and true to our God."

cms186
Florda_mike said:

Buddha, you know as well as anyone, if his dad was Muslim then Obama was too. You know he was born a Muslim! That's simply how it works and you SHOULD know it and probably do?

I can't stand the man because was an anti Christian Muslim and I certainly don't just pretend and call him Muslim because I can't stand him. Life is too short to pretend about all this and I don't have time to pretend about anyone especially an American president!

Some of you smart folks are considered smart because you believe and know ONLY what you read. You have to read between lines to know obama was Muslim and I've made a lifetime reading tween lines to make a living.

A simple example I've never seen a "journalist" ever have the balls to question is his name change, and YOU know this throughout your travels but won't admit it for whatever reason! Why did he change his name to a Muslim name??? Why did Barry change name to Barrack? Why change Soreito to Obama? And why call his middle name Hussein? Do you know what that Muslim name translates to? Do that simple research if you still deny the obvious

And to the OP, thanks for this great topic, seriously

You at least address the obvious

Thanks again
how on earth this train of "logic" is something you have arrived at is ridiculous, so because his Dad was a Muslim (and he was hardly a devout one, by all accounts Obamas Dad converted to Anglicism at age 6 and later on considered himself an Atheist), that must mean he was too? despite the fact his Dad divorced his Mum and left the country when Obama was 3?

he didnt change his name to Barack Hussein Obama, thats literally the name he was given by his Parents, its what is on his Birth Certificate, "Barry" was a nickname that, apparently, he didnt particularly like and Soetero was the name of his Step Father, whose name he presumably took whilst Soetero and Obama's Mother were married and then stopped using it when they divorced. This is basic information anyone could discover for themselves.

The fact you need to "read between the lines" (aka lie to yourself and others) about Obamas Religion and Nationality in an attempt to smear him is quite frankly pathetic and bigoted
I'm the English Guy
xiledinok
BaylorFTW said:

xiledinok said:

Good old Talibaptist folklore with O being foreign born and a Muslim. I do miss the entertaining birther women attempting to drag down my white race. This thread delivers.

The author who compiled this information is David Horowitz who is an agnostic Jew.
The old white uneducated women ate up the birther folklore like a pig eating *****
George Truett
GolemIII said:

The hate filled black nationalist 'church' he attended faithfully for 20 years, led by a despicable hateful 'pastor' who is a friend of Farrakhan, spewed evil garbage week upon week and acted as his spiritual advisor, suggests he was not. Like our resident troll, he is a racist black nationalist who values Christianity only in as much as he can twist it to push his political agendas.
And he was much better than the rabid white nationalist who now occupies the White House.

Good to see you're still into your racist stuff!
George Truett
4yrletterbear said:

Obama....a foreign born Muslim who tried to pass himself off as a Christian for political reasons.

One quote that was not mentioned. On his Muslim apology tour he said , "the most beautiful sound in the world is the evening call to prayer across the Muslim world"

He also directed NASA to be used as an outreach to the Muslim world.

If you did not see he was Muslim and a focused Anti-christian, then you are plain and simply blind.
And you're seeing things that aren't there!
George Truett
I love our current president, who's like Jesus in that he's never sinned!
BaylorFTW
cinque said:

At prayer breakfast, Obama calls Jesus "my Lord and Savior"

President Barack Obama made a clear declaration of his Christian faith on Thursday and seemed to express some frustration that his beliefs continue to be called into question.
Let me tell you, these past two years, they have deepened my faith," Obama told a ballroom full of applauding believers at the annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington.
"The presidency has a funny way of making a person feel the need to pray.
He detailed how, after a non-religious upbringing, he came to define himself as a Christian.
"A call rooted in faith is what led me, just a few years out of college, to sign up as a community organizer for a group of churches on the south side of Chicago," he said.
"And it was through that experience, working with pastors and laypeople, trying to heal the wounds of hurting neighborhoods, that I came to know Jesus Christ for myself and embrace him as my Lord and Savior."
Obama joked that he prayed for patience while watching his children grow up.
"Lord, give me patience as I watch Malia go to her first dance, where there will be boys," he said, referring to his oldest daughter, to laughter from the audience.
"Lord, have that skirt get longer as she travels to that dance."
He said his faith sustained him when he could not do more to help Americans dealing with the rough economy.
But he also seemed to vent frustration that despite more than 20 years as a practicing Christian, people still question his religious persuasion.
Polls show many Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.

"My Christian faith then has been a sustaining force for me over these last few years, all the more so when Michelle and I hear our faith questioned from time to time," he said.
"We are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us, but whether we're being true to our conscience and true to our God."

How do you reconcile these statements with the actions he took while President that were listed in the OP?
riflebear
Only God knows the answer, but one thing I can tell you is he was one of the worst Presidents we've ever had. Saw these tweets and thought it was a good reminder. This list could go on into the 1000s

BARACK OBAMA -->

1. First President to be photographed smoking a joint.
2. First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
3. First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
PolitixGal (@PolitixGal) August 20, 2019 "
4. First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
5. First President to violate the War Powers Act.
6. First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a 3rd party.
8. First President to spend a trillion dollars on "shovel-ready" jobs when there was no such thing as "shovel-ready" jobs.
9. First President to by-pass Congress & implement the Dream Act thru executive fiat.
10. First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S. including those w/ criminal convictions.
11. First Pres. 2 demand a company hand-over $20 bil to a political appointee.
12. First Pres. 2 tell a CEO of a major corp. (Chrysler) to resign.
13. First Pres. 2 cancel the Natl Day of Prayer & say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
14. To arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional & refuse to enforce it
15. To threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons 4 their rate increases
16. To actively try to bankrupt a US industry-coal
17. To fire an inspector general of AmeriCorps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
18. To appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office.
19. To surround himself with radical left wing anarchists.
quash
corncob pipe said:

Buddha Bear said:

But Obama wasn't a Muslim. A person would only say that to insult him, and to appease their inner anger toward him.

Most assuredly not, after all, the grandson of, and the son of, and the stepson of, a Muslim ....

Is not a Muslim
How did you get out of Baylor without figuring out how conversion works?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
muddybrazos
George Truett said:

GolemIII said:

The hate filled black nationalist 'church' he attended faithfully for 20 years, led by a despicable hateful 'pastor' who is a friend of Farrakhan, spewed evil garbage week upon week and acted as his spiritual advisor, suggests he was not. Like our resident troll, he is a racist black nationalist who values Christianity only in as much as he can twist it to push his political agendas.
And he was much better than the rabid white nationalist who now occupies the White House.

Good to see you're still into your racist stuff!

you must be a big fan of creating failed states and drone bombing civilians bc Barry was so much better at that.
GoneGirl
I hope no prospective students read this thread. Shame on you, Baylor FTW.
GoneGirl
robby44 said:

"Can God Save A Hooker?"

If he can save these people, he can save anybody.
D. C. Bear
Jinx 2 said:

robby44 said:

"Can God Save A Hooker?"

So there is hope for you yet.

==================

What a depressing thread this is.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

Jinx 2 said:

robby44 said:

"Can God Save A Hooker?"

So there is hope for you yet.

==================

What a depressing thread this is.
Yes, even me. And you, too.
BaylorFTW
Jinx 2 said:

I hope no prosective students read this thread. Shame on you, Baylor FTW.
1. You need to slow down when typing or work on your spelling.
2. Side stepping the question does not make it go away. Don't let your politics cloud your judgment. This is a fair question given all these actions he took while in office. I don't believe a practicing Christian would take such actions.

GoneGirl
BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

2. Side stepping the question does not make it go away. Don't let your politics cloud your judgment. This is a fair question given all these actions he took while in office. I don't believe a practicing Christian would take such actions.

Which actions? Trying to make sure everybody had access to healthcare? Sounds Christian to me.

Trying to guide us out of a recession?

Tryijng to make sure we got along with our neighbors instead of huffing and puffing and cursing and build walls? (Truth to tell, Obama didn't treat refugees and asylum seekers or economic migrants well; he was just a lot quieter about it, and he didn't kidnap babies and children and lose them.)
BaylorFTW
Jinx 2 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

Which actions? Trying to make sure everybody had access to healthcare? Sounds Christian to me.

Tryijng to make sure we got along with our neighbors instead of huffing and puffing and cursing and build walls? (Truth to tell, Obama didn't treat refugees and asylum seekers or economic migrants well; he was just a lot quieter about it, and he didn't kidnap babies and children and lose them.)
The list of actions in the OP.
quash
BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

Matthew 7:1
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
Jinx 2 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

Obama was/is
Motivated by his Christian Faith. Like most liberal Democrat Christians.
Sailor Bear
BaylorFTW said:

Bearish said:

BaylorFTW said:

Bearish said:

Again, the points in the OP come from David Horowitz who is an agnostic Jew. It is interesting that you have chosen to insert race into this discussion since my words nor David's mention race. What is even more interesting is that you appear to have forgotten that Jesus said the comments regarding not putting your faith under a bushel in The Beatitudes in Matthew 5:15-16. Finally, even if you do not, many Christians believe the whole bible is inspired by the word of God and so even other non red letter words are still the words of Jesus as he is one of the 3 persons of God. I believe these views extend beyond conservative Anglo Christian perspectives even if there are some more secular influenced Churches who would disagree.

My point is that you cannot use a one-dimensional view of Christianity to discredit someone else's claim to such. It ignores other perspectives formed from the same type of cultural influence that yours was.

And here's the deal with Biblical "Gotcha!" If you keep reading in Mathew, you'll come to 6:5 where we're told to "pray in secret" unlike the hypocrites in the streets. So is Obama really not a Christian because of the prayer breakfast thing? Come on, man. The Bible is full of contradictions. How we reconcile them is largely a function of our own culture - race included. (the Gospel after all is a collection of letters written to a specific audience in a specific era).

I'm assuming you can get on board with the idea that not every Christian shares the same worldview. If that is the case, why post a litany written by a right-wing political activist agnostic Jew claiming someone else is lying about their claim to Christianity because of said differences?
Florda_mike
Thread is now contaminated with our Obama defending Socialists that apparently are fine with the destruction of our country
YoakDaddy
News flash: Obama ain't in office anymore. Let it go.

The four housewomen of the jihad squad are the face of the democrat party now. There's more than enough free campaign material there to get Trump re-elected in 2020.
BaylorBJM
cms186 said:

Florda_mike said:

Buddha, you know as well as anyone, if his dad was Muslim then Obama was too. You know he was born a Muslim! That's simply how it works and you SHOULD know it and probably do?

I can't stand the man because was an anti Christian Muslim and I certainly don't just pretend and call him Muslim because I can't stand him. Life is too short to pretend about all this and I don't have time to pretend about anyone especially an American president!

Some of you smart folks are considered smart because you believe and know ONLY what you read. You have to read between lines to know obama was Muslim and I've made a lifetime reading tween lines to make a living.

A simple example I've never seen a "journalist" ever have the balls to question is his name change, and YOU know this throughout your travels but won't admit it for whatever reason! Why did he change his name to a Muslim name??? Why did Barry change name to Barrack? Why change Soreito to Obama? And why call his middle name Hussein? Do you know what that Muslim name translates to? Do that simple research if you still deny the obvious

And to the OP, thanks for this great topic, seriously

You at least address the obvious

Thanks again
how on earth this train of "logic" is something you have arrived at is ridiculous, so because his Dad was a Muslim (and he was hardly a devout one, by all accounts Obamas Dad converted to Anglicism at age 6 and later on considered himself an Atheist), that must mean he was too? despite the fact his Dad divorced his Mum and left the country when Obama was 3?

he didnt change his name to Barack Hussein Obama, thats literally the name he was given by his Parents, its what is on his Birth Certificate, "Barry" was a nickname that, apparently, he didnt particularly like and Soetero was the name of his Step Father, whose name he presumably took whilst Soetero and Obama's Mother were married and then stopped using it when they divorced. This is basic information anyone could discover for themselves.

The fact you need to "read between the lines" (aka lie to yourself and others) about Obamas Religion and Nationality in an attempt to smear him is quite frankly pathetic and bigoted
Don't waste your time. Anytime Florduh is asked to back up his opinions (if you can even call them that) with facts, he conveniently ignores it, mentions how it's not something "we" couldn't possibly understand, responds by accusing the usual "libtards" spamming the board or some crazy non sequitur.

He doesn't do logic. Never has.

He does senility.
BaylorBJM
Florda_mike said:

Thread is now contaminated with our Obama defending Socialists that apparently are fine with the destruction of our country
Lulz. I typed my above post without even haven finished the thread yet. Right on cue!

Never change Mike.
BaylorFTW
quash said:

BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Jinx 2 said:

Matthew 7:1
If judging is wrong, why are you judging my judging? 1 Corinthians 2:15

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.