Atheists Sounds Alarm on Decline of Christianity

51,773 Views | 723 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Osodecentx
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You are a Darwinist who is bigoted against Christianity. I have not missed nor misconveyed what you said, merely exposed your assumptions and hatred.

You need to put away your hate, if you want a clearer understanding of the truth.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

You are a Darwinist who is bigoted against Christianity. I have not missed nor misconveyed what you said, merely exposed your assumptions and hatred.

You need to put away your hate, if you want a clearer understanding of the truth.
Disbelief is not hatred. Debating a differing view is not intolerance or bigotry. I'm no more intolerant or bigoted toward your ideas or beliefs than you are toward mine.

What is your definition of a Darwinist?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Disbelief is not hatred. Debating a differing view is not intolerance or bigotry. I'm no more intolerant or bigoted toward your ideas or beliefs than you are toward mine.

Read my posts here. I have been specific and clear.

And yes, you are very much a bigot, just one in deep denial.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

For such a good Christian man, you really seem to enjoy calling people names. But, I'll forgive you.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

For such a good Christian man, you really seem to enjoy calling people names. But, I'll forgive you.
I am speaking of your behavior. That's identification, not "name-calling"

Funny, I thought a scientist would understand the definitions of words better than that, but I expect your bigotry colors your perception.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Funny, I thought a scientist would understand the definitions of words better than that, but I expect your bigotry colors your perception.
Like I said. I forgive you.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Like I said. I forgive you.
Kind of like getting absolution from a Kleagle, that.

But enjoy the holy day, brother, and all its blessings from God.
TexasScientist
I guess you would know.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

I guess you would know.
Only as one who has opposed bigots my whole life.
TexasScientist
Zealously no doubt.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.
There, there, TS. No one is coming to take away your Darwin posters.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.
You have completely destroyed my faith in sciencism. As a result your internet will no longer work; x-rays will only be lethal, not diagnostic; when your lost dog is taken to a vet the chip will not be read; Mars has canals again; and Maury Povich can no longer determine who the baby daddies are.

Sorry about your dog.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.
You have completely destroyed my faith in sciencism. As a result your internet will no longer work; x-rays will only be lethal, not diagnostic; when your lost dog is taken to a vet the chip will not be read; Mars has canals again; and Maury Povich can no longer determine who the baby daddies are.

Sorry about your dog.
Each to his own, but personally I would not start drinking before late afternoon. Bourbon for breakfast leads to unfortunate consequences.

Just an observation based on the climate of your post, quash.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.
Each to his own, but personally I would not start drinking before late afternoon. Bourbon for breakfast leads to unfortunate consequences.

Science tells us the climate is unaffected by alcohol. Do you have a bible verse to support your odd position? Is this a drunk Noah banging his daughters/world flood thing?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Science tells us the climate is unaffected by alcohol. Do you have a bible verse to support your odd position? Is this a drunk Noah banging his daughters/world flood thing?
I used common sense in my last post. Sad if you have not heard of that ...

And using 'Science' as some kind of talisman is amusing. Ultimately, all 'Science' is the best, most recent, guess by some human or group of humans, sometimes based on evidence and experience and sometimes based on spitwads and arrogance.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

And using 'Science' as some kind of talisman is amusing. Ultimately, all 'Science' is the best, most recent, guess by some human or group of humans, sometimes based on evidence and experience and sometimes based on spitwads and arrogance.
And the only thing religion is, is a best guess set of fables consolidated and written down by certain groups of humans, who have pronounced it true, in order to diminish their existential angsts. Science is knowledge derived from testable explanations and predictions. Religion is derived from lack of understanding. I would much rather rely on the science of a parachute, than rely on religion's angels to land safely, notwithstanding any most recent religious best guess work.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

And the only thing religion is, is a best guess set of fables consolidated and written down by certain groups of humans, who have pronounced it true, in order to diminish their existential angsts. Science is knowledge derived from testable explanations and predictions. Religion is derived from lack of understanding. I would much rather rely on the science of a parachute, than rely on religion's angels to land safely, notwithstanding any most recent religious best guess work.
TS once again betrays both his bigotry and limited scope of education.

curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

" Religion is derived from lack of understanding."

No. Religion is a way of understanding.

Your parachute metaphor presents a false dilemma.
TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Really? Do you trust religion as a way of understanding in health issues, or science as a way of understanding in health issues?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Really? Do you trust religion as a way of understanding in health issues, or science as a way of understanding in health issues?
Both serve valid purposes. Have you considered that ?
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

All truth is God's truth.
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Do you trust religion as a way of understanding in health issues...?
No. That would be as ridiculous as trusting science as a way of understanding moral issues.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

I have. Science does, and religion doesn't anymore.
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

No. That would be as ridiculous as trusting science as a way of understanding moral issues.
Science can and should be used to determine morality, if your moral goal is determining right and wrong with regard to causing harm to others, and the wellbeing of others. Applied religious based morality produces some of the most reprehensible inequities and actions observed in humanity.
TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

If there is an all powerful god looking out for you with healing power, why would you waist your time relying on the limitations of human derived medical science for your health? Just trust god for the miracle of healing. What better testament to his existence is there?

The evidence of reality is where you can find truth.
Sam Lowry
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Science can and should be used to determine morality, if your moral goal is determining right and wrong with regard to causing harm to others, and the wellbeing of others.
If.
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

If there is an all powerful god looking out for you with healing power, why would you waist your time relying on the limitations of human derived medical science for your health? Just trust god for the miracle of healing. What better testament to his existence is there?

The evidence of reality is where can find truth.

Almost everything you say is some variant of false dilemma and/or straw man arguments.

We are created in His image and have some of His characteristics. It should come as no surprise that we increase in knowledge and ability. What better testament to His existence is there?
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Science can and should be used to determine morality, if your moral goal is determining right and wrong with regard to causing harm to others, and the wellbeing of others. Applied religious based morality produces some of the most reprehensible inequities and actions observed in humanity.

Perhaps I missed it, but I don't think I've seen you make a convincing argument for any basis for morality or concepts such as right or wrong that don't have an element of faith or belief at their foundation.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

I have. Science does, and religion doesn't anymore.
Such blindness will only hinder your journey
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

Science can and should be used to determine morality, if your moral goal is determining right and wrong with regard to causing harm to others, and the wellbeing of others.
If.
Better than a cleric telling you what is moral or not.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

If.
We should trust the makers of Zyklon B and Agent Orange over people who spent their lives considering the consequences of moral decisions?

Thank you, no.
TexasScientist
curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

Almost everything you say is some variant of false dilemma and/or straw man arguments.

We are created in His image and have some of His characteristics. It should come as no surprise that we increase in knowledge and ability. What better testament to His existence is there?
If you were created in his image, you would be invisible. Some of his characteristics apparently are really bad, if that's where we get them.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

If you were created in his image, you would be invisible. Some of his characteristics apparently are really bad, if that's where we get them.
You really project your bias and ignorance when you post about religion, you know ...
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

More false dilemmas.

You demonstrate a remarkably undeveloped understanding of metaphor. Also, I would have thought you were capable of understanding the basic idea that we live in a fallen world and are not perfect. But then again....
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Zealously no doubt.

Sorry about your dog.

If.

What is your basis for telling us what is moral or not? Still waiting for your explanation that doesn't require some element of belief or faith.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.