When did it become acceptable to kill a top leader of a country that we . . .

10,665 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
. . . aren't even at war with?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-iran-crisis-isnt-a-failure-of-the-executive-branch-alone/2020/01/09/cc0f3728-3305-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1KMfCPBmPequwOmEN-CQGzYV0APr-VOtzx1zys7_c8Ul3jYgvjQnVp5Ic#comments-wrapper
Bearitto
2011?

Midnight Rider
Jim Webb was never a fan of Hillary Clinton.
Kyle
I can tell if the Left in this control is stupid or just lacks self awareness that it does not even realize its hypocrisy.
Canada2017
Midnight Rider said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-iran-crisis-isnt-a-failure-of-the-executive-branch-alone/2020/01/09/cc0f3728-3305-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1KMfCPBmPequwOmEN-CQGzYV0APr-VOtzx1zys7_c8Ul3jYgvjQnVp5Ic#comments-wrapper

The US has been in a pseudo war with Iran since the late 70's.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU

I can stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters.

He was right.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I can stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters.

So you back in Texas or still overseas ?

He was right.

Back in Texas yet ?
CHP Bear

He was right.
And he won't even have to put up bail and will be released immediately.
Osodecentx
Midnight Rider said:

When did it become acceptable for a top leader of a country to organize and lead attacks and assassinations in foreign countries?
CHP Bear
Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

When did it become acceptable for a top leader of a country to organize and lead attacks and assassinations in foreign countries?
Better question, why was he allowed to kill at random by the last two Presidents? Maybe we should declare the middle east sanctuary countries. But then doesn't the recent resolution try to do the same?
57Bear
Midnight Rider said:

Are you?
Gold Tron
Midnight Rider said:

She's had two strokes and has cankles. I'm out. On top of that she is just plain mean.
Osodecentx
Gold Tron said:

Midnight Rider said:

She's had two strokes and has cankles. I'm out. On top of that she is just plain mean.
Sorry to hear of Gold's suicide tomorrow
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

Dude had been killing our people for years .

Why should he not be killed in return ?
Jack Bauer
And so those IEDs that killed our troops were just what exactly?
Midnight Rider
57Bear said:

Midnight Rider said:

Are you?
Hell no.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I do not like Donald Trump but posts like this from you and the other flower children on this board make me wish I could vote for him twenty times.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Baylor3216
Sympathy for the devil here from the libtards

. We really live in 2 Americas it seems but Obama enabled a lot of this with his world apology / America sucks / I've never been proud of America tour while everyone cashed our checks from our tax payer dollars
4th and Inches
Dude attacked a US embassy aka sovereign soil, we responded with prejudice. A foreign operative in a third-party nation attacked us as directly as if they had attacked washington DC

The response was immediate and appropriate without significant collateral damage
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Midnight Rider
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I do not like Donald Trump but posts like this from you and the other flower children on this board make me wish I could vote for him twenty times.
The post is from Jim Webb, who is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and fought as a Marine in Vietnam.

Since Jim Webb is your perception of a flower child, I would be interested in hearing about your military service.
Midnight Rider
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Here's your perception of a flower child. He won the Navy Cross:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

He was right.

Back in Texas yet ?
I was in Texas for Christmas. For the last two years I work 9 months in Alaska and work summers in Thailand.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Midnight Rider said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The post is from Jim Webb, who is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and fought as a Marine in Vietnam.

Since Jim Webb is your perception of a flower child, I would be interested in hearing about your military service.
Not serving in the military is one of my few regrets in this life. My Dad retired from the Air Force after twenty five years. What is your military story, Midnight Rider?

Like every American, Jim Webb is entitled to his opinion.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

He was right.

Back in Texas yet ?
I was in Texas for Christmas. For the last two years I work 9 months in Alaska and work summers in Thailand.

Teaching for 9 months ?

Then what ?

Bearitto
Midnight Rider said:

So you are saying if we looked for your posting history it would show you loudly decrying the killing of the leader of a sovereign country as a result of US war on that regime not expressly authorized by Congress? And Jim Webb wrote articles decrying same?

Or are you just deflecting because you look like a super partisan hypocrite?
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

He was on foreign soil organizing and leading attacks against a 3rd country.

That is not acceptable and I said so in my first post.
HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

Was he? The Caretaker PM of Iraq says Suleimani was in Bagdhad to deliver a response to diplomatic overture from SA. Trump's accusation that Suleimani was planning an imminent attack on multiple US embassies has not really stood up to scrutiny, Pompeo specifically refuses to say that intel exists when questioned then spins the conversation to a different direction, and Mark Esper was even on the sunday shows today saying he saw no such intelligence, Mike Lee also says he saw no such evidence. Far as I can tell, Trump seems to have made up the "Suleimani was targeting 4 embassies" line on the spot when he was challenged about justifications on camera, and no one has been able to back up that accusation yet.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

Was he? The Caretaker PM of Iraq says Suleimani was in Bagdhad to deliver a response to diplomatic overture from SA. Trump's accusation that Suleimani was planning an imminent attack on multiple US embassies has not really stood up to scrutiny, Pompeo specifically refuses to say that intel exists when questioned then spins the conversation to a different direction, and Mark Esper was even on the sunday shows today saying he saw no such intelligence, Mike Lee also says he saw no such evidence. Far as I can tell, Trump seems to have made up the "Suleimani was targeting 4 embassies" line on the spot when he was challenged about justifications on camera, and no one has been able to back up that accusation yet.
Suleimani was not a diplomat. Feel free not to buy the admins claim on other embassy attacks, but don't buy the BS from Iraq on Suleimani. The primary embassy attack was enough to justify the reciprocity, and Suleimani is as much a global terror leader as any we've dealt with in the past.
ValhallaBear
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

Suleimani was not a diplomat. Feel free not to buy the admins claim on other embassy attacks, but don't buy the BS from Iraq on Suleimani. The primary embassy attack was enough to justify the reciprocity, and Suleimani is as much a global terror leader as any we've dealt with in the past.

5-D chess?
ATL Bear
ValhallaBear said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

5-D chess?
The Quds force runs the PMF and Hezbollah Brigade in Iraq. It's as simple as checkers. Sort of like Sunni ISIS against Shia Iraq.
HuMcK
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

What attack are you referring to? Are you talking about the event where unarmed Iraqi protestors (don't believe it was a militia, correct me if wrong) breached the embassy and left voluntarily, with no injuries or deaths caused? Is that what you call "reciprocity" where we kill an Iranian general after an angry Iraqi mob rushes our embassy? That reciprocity line may work for Trump's credulous base, but the rest of the world recognizes an escalation when they see one, which the Suleimani killing definitely was.
ATL Bear
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

What attack are you referring to? Are you talking about the event where unarmed Iraqi protestors (don't believe it was a militia, correct me if wrong) breached the embassy and left voluntarily, with no injuries or deaths caused? Is that what you call "reciprocity" where we kill an Iranian general after an angry Iraqi mob rushes our embassy? That reciprocity line may work for Trump's credulous base, but the rest of the world recognizes an escalation when they see one, which the Suleimani killing definitely was.
Right, just an angry mob responding to actions taken in Syria. Was there a video too? The rest of the world just wants to be upset with the US, and proportionality is not required in dealing with parties such as this.
Florda_mike
Idk anything about this guy except he has killed many of our people, his people and were planning another terrorist attack on our people according to what's been said about the guy

The military apparently knows exactly where these enemies are and can precisely target them(drones) because they took out this guy and several other top Iranian leaders too without collateral damage

Trump isn't a politician and gets the job done quickly using guidance and strategies suggested by military leaders that get job done and fast. Politicians strike according to what works for their political futures and their selfishness have costed tons of American lives for decades. F politicians and anything they say about all this

That appears what happened

By killing this guy and other Iranian military leaders thousands of lives were apparently saved

Iranian regime won't retaliate because our military can drone them too and potentially inbred Iranian regime is at least smart enough to know that

Addition by small subtraction

Job well done

I'd welcome more of this addition by subtraction on foreign soil as well as our own anytime
Florda_mike
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

Please seek frag pattern of Trump's next drone attack immediately

Thanks
Sam Lowry
We really don't know why Soleimani was killed. He flew into the country with Iraq's approval, reportedly to advocate for withdrawal of American troops. We tried to kill another IRGC commander in Yemen at the same time, which undermines the imminent threat rationale.

As Webb points out, we didn't designate China's military as a terrorist group or kill their officers when they were working against us in Vietnam. You can expect opposition when you meddle in what another power perceives to be its sphere of influence. Can you use that as a justification for expanding the war if you want to? Sure. But you only do it if you want to. It's by no means required.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.