When did it become acceptable to kill a top leader of a country that we . . .

10,766 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Appreciate the kind words from most of you. Getting back on topic...

RD2: Pakistan wasn't a party to the NPT and wasn't subject to inspections.

Bearitto: According to the IAEA, the program you refer to "did not advance beyond feasibility and scientific studies, and the acquisition of certain relevant technical competences and capabilities." It was already public knowledge when the JCPOA was drafted, and in fact that knowledge was part of the basis for the nuclear deal's inspection protocols.

You do see that inspections that don't stop weapons research, sunset after a paltry amount of time and become immediately irrelevant upon cessation have no value, right? The inspections did virtually nothing but focus on enrichment and that's largely irrelevant when knowledge transfer and technical development continues, as it has.

The article is interesting not because of the inspections. It's interesting because it highlights long term intent and trajectory. The JCPOA was nothing but a chance for Iran to catch their breath, continue development efforts that will be ready when the deal runs out and sufficiently enriched (or reprocessed) fissile material is available.

This was nothing but a negotiation to determine who is eaten last. It was pointless and was more of a long term danger than anything aiming at security.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Conversation with Sam is lost on you. Something about pearls and swine may apply.

Sam Lowery, though he doesnt agree with me often, is the most intelligent and honest poster on this board.
Truest statement in this thread.

^^^ Sad to see this

Oh well

My friend.....Sam is an excellent contributor.

Might want to let this argument end .

Disagree on Sam being an excellent poster

Sam is very naive

I'm not

And I'm certainly not one to lay down and allow LIQ to compare me to swine and Old Bear to agree

Would you?

Sam is far better read than myself. I don't consider him naive in the least .

As long as my wife, kids and grandkids tolerate me....it's a rare day that anything else matters.

Nope nope and nope on your 3 sentences and neither was needed for me about Sam as well as that on yourself. In fact, stop being so "tolerable!" That's no fun, ya only live once, and true friends don't need that. We love YOU without that, at least I do here!

Although your humility then politeness then humbleness in your 3 sentences might be considered attractive to some here, it's just not necessary for friendship with me. I dig honesty

On topic, Sam's statements to me on this thread, indicate extreme naivety, even dangerous! Several of you(as well as myself) accuse him of high intelligence otherwise so we have to go w Sam being naive then. Naivety coupled w intelligence I've found not uncommon on boards such as this btw. Wealth often allows such if missing a lifetime of trials but idk what the case is w ole Sam. I've found this almost common with many Baylor alum though(not my close childhood friends) as we both know that tuition there has never been and never was on the cheap. My guess, judging from many of your opines and my suspicions is ole Sam is just dangerously naive in lacking any suspicions of wrongdoing in Iran. Maybe Sam lacks life's trials, idk. I'm sure this will stimulate conversation among the Baylor's about their life struggles? Many have had them but not all

Sam is among the last I'd want to "have my back" if in war(especially against the deceitful Muslim and/or Iran) if he considers Iran's Suleimani an "innocent victim" along w Iran to be nuke and even nuke program free since 2003. That's dangerous thinking as not even obama thought such. Maybe some of you should ask yourselves that before addressing Sam with ridiculously unmatched respect ...... as well as me with such disrespect!

If I had your back you'd be much safer than with Sam. I wouldn't trust Sam to do the math on that but you can trust mine in that you'd be 100% safer with me at your side in battle vs it being Sam!

Sic em should pay my admission here as I'm sure the above post will encourage at least 5 more direct or indirect challenges(maybe 25-30?) and allow Sicem to survive another day

LMAO

Wasn't being polite nor particularly humble.

I enjoy a good dialogue with intelligent people even if we disagree. Besides everything expressed here is only for entertainment. No one ever alters anyone else's opinion.

However do feel extremely fortunate in my family life . Wife and I are focused on helping our brood any way we can, with a lot of traveling mixed it .

Bearitto
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Conversation with Sam is lost on you. Something about pearls and swine may apply.

Sam Lowery, though he doesnt agree with me often, is the most intelligent and honest poster on this board.

^^^ Sad to see this

Oh well

Sam is very naive

I'm not

And I'm certainly not one to lay down and allow LIQ to compare me to swine and Old Bear to agree

Would you?

As long as my wife, kids and grandkids tolerate me....it's a rare day that anything else matters.

Nope nope and nope on your 3 sentences and neither was needed for me about Sam as well as that on yourself. In fact, stop being so "tolerable!" That's no fun, ya only live once, and true friends don't need that. We love YOU without that, at least I do here!

Although your humility then politeness then humbleness in your 3 sentences might be considered attractive to some here, it's just not necessary for friendship with me. I dig honesty

On topic, Sam's statements to me on this thread, indicate extreme naivety, even dangerous! Several of you(as well as myself) accuse him of high intelligence otherwise so we have to go w Sam being naive then. Naivety coupled w intelligence I've found not uncommon on boards such as this btw. Wealth often allows such if missing a lifetime of trials but idk what the case is w ole Sam. I've found this almost common with many Baylor alum though(not my close childhood friends) as we both know that tuition there has never been and never was on the cheap. My guess, judging from many of your opines and my suspicions is ole Sam is just dangerously naive in lacking any suspicions of wrongdoing in Iran. Maybe Sam lacks life's trials, idk. I'm sure this will stimulate conversation among the Baylor's about their life struggles? Many have had them but not all

Sam is among the last I'd want to "have my back" if in war(especially against the deceitful Muslim and/or Iran) if he considers Iran's Suleimani an "innocent victim" along w Iran to be nuke and even nuke program free since 2003. That's dangerous thinking as not even obama thought such. Maybe some of you should ask yourselves that before addressing Sam with ridiculously unmatched respect ...... as well as me with such disrespect!

If I had your back you'd be much safer than with Sam. I wouldn't trust Sam to do the math on that but you can trust mine in that you'd be 100% safer with me at your side in battle vs it being Sam!

Sic em should pay my admission here as I'm sure the above post will encourage at least 5 more direct or indirect challenges(maybe 25-30?) and allow Sicem to survive another day

LMAO

I enjoy a good dialogue with intelligent people even if we disagree. Besides everything expressed here is only for entertainment. No one ever alters anyone else's opinion.

However do feel extremely fortunate in my family life . Wife and I are focused on helping our brood any way we can, with a lot of traveling mixed it .

I don't know if it changes nothing. I have a more favorable view of Canada now. Thanks.
Canada2017
Bearitto said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

^^^ Sad to see this

Oh well

Sam is very naive

I'm not

Would you?

LMAO

I don't know if it changes nothing. I have a more favorable view of Canada now. Thanks.

Thank you.

Certainly enjoy your posts .
Sam Lowry
Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto: According to the IAEA, the program you refer to "did not advance beyond feasibility and scientific studies, and the acquisition of certain relevant technical competences and capabilities." It was already public knowledge when the JCPOA was drafted, and in fact that knowledge was part of the basis for the nuclear deal's inspection protocols.

You do see that inspections that don't stop weapons research, sunset after a paltry amount of time and become immediately irrelevant upon cessation have no value, right? The inspections did virtually nothing but focus on enrichment and that's largely irrelevant when knowledge transfer and technical development continues, as it has.

The article is interesting not because of the inspections. It's interesting because it highlights long term intent and trajectory. The JCPOA was nothing but a chance for Iran to catch their breath, continue development efforts that will be ready when the deal runs out and sufficiently enriched (or reprocessed) fissile material is available.

This was nothing but a negotiation to determine who is eaten last. It was pointless and was more of a long term danger than anything aiming at security.
The inspections focused on much more than just enrichment. That's how we know what we know about the program. Most of the research had other possible applications, and we're not sure the rest even existed. But if you take the IAEA analysis in the light least favorable to Iran, they were in the early stages of researching a nuclear weapon almost 20 years ago. Since that time, even knowledge acquisition and technical development have ceased. When the nuclear deal was signed, there was no evidence that Iran was researching anything relevant to developing a nuclear weapon, much less anything intended for that purpose. The fact that the plan expired after ten years doesn't mean we'd be left with nothing. We'd still have the underlying treaty on which it was based. The JCPOA was just one way of enforcing the treaty. Other plans existed in the past and would have been negotiated going forward.
Oldbear83
Florda: "Sam is very naive

I'm not"

Sorry to offend Florda, but on this point I'd say the opposite is true.

You have great emotion Florda, but sometimes you let it take you bad places.

Sam is logical and stays emotionally balanced. IMO he is sometimes wrong, but never deserving of insults.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

The inspections focused on much more than just enrichment. That's how we know what we know about the program. Most of the research had other possible applications, and we're not sure the rest even existed. But if you take the IAEA analysis in the light least favorable to Iran, they were in the early stages of researching a nuclear weapon almost 20 years ago. Since that time, even knowledge acquisition and technical development have ceased. When the nuclear deal was signed, there was no evidence that Iran was researching anything relevant to developing a nuclear weapon, much less anything intended for that purpose. The fact that the plan expired after ten years doesn't mean we'd be left with nothing. We'd still have the underlying treaty on which it was based. The JCPOA was just one way of enforcing the treaty. Other plans existed in the past and would have been negotiated going forward.
Knowledge acquisition has never stopped. Most of it has been disguised in their ballistic missile program. They've also had a number of run ins on the black market.

Inspections only work with full transparency, and Iran was never going to be fully transparent. Some good reasons and some not so good reasons for that. But what the IAEA was allowed to inspect and was aware of did show them being in compliance.
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Knowledge acquisition has never stopped. Most of it has been disguised in their ballistic missile program. They've also had a number of run ins on the black market.

Inspections only work with full transparency, and Iran was never going to be fully transparent. Some good reasons and some not so good reasons for that. But what the IAEA was allowed to inspect and was aware of did show them being in compliance.

And what about that which IAEA wasn't allowed to inspect?

And why were they not allowed to inspect freely? Could there have possibly been a reason for Iran's lack of transparency?
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

I don't know of any evidence that their ballistic missile research is specifically relevant to nuclear weapons. Stopping their missile program altogether would obviously exceed the scope of their agreements. The black market issues had to do with access to uranium, which was a significant problem for a time. That too is allowed as long as it's for peaceful use. No regime is ever going to grant full transparency in the sense that there are no limits on inspections. There are good reasons, as you say. As for the bad reasons, it's a question of evidence. I don't think it's enough to say they could be doing such-and-such. Any developed nation could be researching nukes without our knowledge, but that doesn't mean they are.
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Such as?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Such as?
At the very least, there are documented incidents of delays and interference with inspectors:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-n-watchdog-inspects-a-site-flagged-as-suspicious-by-israelisbut-possibly-too-late-11554422394

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-inspector-exclusive/exclusive-iran-briefly-held-iaea-inspector-seized-travel-documents-diplomats-idUSKBN1XG1XM

https://www.nti.org/gsn/article/un-inspectors-head-to-iran-after-two-week-delay/

and Iran refused to let inspectors see some sites at all:

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/delayed-inspections-jcpoa-provisions-for-iaea-access-to-suspicious-sites/

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2010-10/iaea-iran-clash-inspections-report

Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Such as?
At the very least, there are documented incidents of delays and interference with inspectors:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-n-watchdog-inspects-a-site-flagged-as-suspicious-by-israelisbut-possibly-too-late-11554422394

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-inspector-exclusive/exclusive-iran-briefly-held-iaea-inspector-seized-travel-documents-diplomats-idUSKBN1XG1XM

https://www.nti.org/gsn/article/un-inspectors-head-to-iran-after-two-week-delay/

and Iran refused to let inspectors see some sites at all:

https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/delayed-inspections-jcpoa-provisions-for-iaea-access-to-suspicious-sites/

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2010-10/iaea-iran-clash-inspections-report

The article on Natanz is from 2004. Iran said at the time that the uranium traces discovered there were residue on equipment purchased from Pakistan. In 2005 the IAEA determined this to be true. Notwithstanding the recent exclusion of one particular inspector, the site has been subject to regular inspections since 2013. The article on Ibn Hayan is from 2010. In 2015 the IAEA determined that the amount of missing uranium had been overestimated and was actually within the expected margin of uncertainty. It's not clear what caused the delay in inspecting Turquzabad, but in any case the samples weren't taken too late. They revealed uranium contamination, which most experts attribute to old equipment and documents from the program abandoned in 2003. Retaining those materials without declaring them would not have been a breach.

The general complaints about the notice required for inspections are an issue with the JCPOA itself, not Iran's conduct under the agreement. There are many good reasons why it would be foolish for Iran to allow anytime/anywhere inspections - for example legitimate conventional secrets, concern for the safety of their personnel, and frequent abuse of such inspections in Iraq, including the use of an inspection team to assist an attempted coup. The current inspection program is one of the most intrusive in history, and it already goes beyond what the NPT requires.

The problem with unlimited inspections is the same one we saw in Iraq. They contribute little to the real goal of disarmament. Yet the more they fail to turn up anything, the more convinced we are that something is being hidden.
ATL Bear
Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

And why were they not allowed to inspect freely? Could there have possibly been a reason for Iran's lack of transparency?
If you read some of the documentation from Israeli and US intelligence, you'd see they still haven't disclosed all work and access to facilities, nor have they shared all capabilities of their ballistic missile program. That isn't transparency, and I am of the belief they never had intentions to be. As I said in another post, this is about legitimacy for a rogue regime that shouldn't be given.
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

If you read some of the documentation from Israeli and US intelligence, you'd see they still haven't disclosed all work and access to facilities, nor have they shared all capabilities of their ballistic missile program. That isn't transparency, and I am of the belief they never had intentions to be. As I said in another post, this is about legitimacy for a rogue regime that shouldn't be given.
Oldbear83
Does not change the point. IAEA and UN inspections are far from reliable measures of effective WMD control, regardless of political postures.
Oldbear83
ATL Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bearitto said:

Sam Lowry said:

Ultimately, negotiations with Iran have always been about drama and posture, which is one reason I am pleased the Trump Administration abandoned them. Iran was getting hard results (money and regional credibility) and the US so far has really nothing to show for it.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

^^^ Sad to see this

Oh well

Sam is very naive

I'm not

Would you?

LMAO
sooie
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
jupiter
Florda_mike
jupiter said:

Interesting concept, killing US leaders in same manner as Suleimani
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

jupiter said:

Interesting concept, killing US leaders in same manner as Suleimani

Wonder which Dem will collect the 3 million ?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.