When did it become acceptable to kill a top leader of a country that we . . .

10,752 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Canada2017
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps a better tactic would have been to have sent pallets, at night, with billions in cash???

Grow some ****ing nuts child!!!
Sam Lowry
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

. . . aren't even at war with?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-iran-crisis-isnt-a-failure-of-the-executive-branch-alone/2020/01/09/cc0f3728-3305-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1KMfCPBmPequwOmEN-CQGzYV0APr-VOtzx1zys7_c8Ul3jYgvjQnVp5Ic#comments-wrapper
When did it become acceptable for a top leader of a country to organize and lead attacks and assassinations in foreign countries?

Dude had been killing our people for years .

Why should he not be killed in return ?
He should.

He was on foreign soil organizing and leading attacks against a 3rd country.

That is not acceptable and I said so in my first post.

Was he? The Caretaker PM of Iraq says Suleimani was in Bagdhad to deliver a response to diplomatic overture from SA. Trump's accusation that Suleimani was planning an imminent attack on multiple US embassies has not really stood up to scrutiny, Pompeo specifically refuses to say that intel exists when questioned then spins the conversation to a different direction, and Mark Esper was even on the sunday shows today saying he saw no such intelligence, Mike Lee also says he saw no such evidence. Far as I can tell, Trump seems to have made up the "Suleimani was targeting 4 embassies" line on the spot when he was challenged about justifications on camera, and no one has been able to back up that accusation yet.
Suleimani was not a diplomat. Feel free not to buy the admins claim on other embassy attacks, but don't buy the BS from Iraq on Suleimani. The primary embassy attack was enough to justify the reciprocity, and Suleimani is as much a global terror leader as any we've dealt with in the past.

What attack are you referring to? Are you talking about the event where unarmed Iraqi protestors (don't believe it was a militia, correct me if wrong) breached the embassy and left voluntarily, with no injuries or deaths caused? Is that what you call "reciprocity" where we kill an Iranian general after an angry Iraqi mob rushes our embassy? That reciprocity line may work for Trump's credulous base, but the rest of the world recognizes an escalation when they see one, which the Suleimani killing definitely was.
Militia members and supporters, mostly unarmed. It is a militia that fights alongside Iraqi government forces against ISIS.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-iran-crisis-isnt-a-failure-of-the-executive-branch-alone/2020/01/09/cc0f3728-3305-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1KMfCPBmPequwOmEN-CQGzYV0APr-VOtzx1zys7_c8Ul3jYgvjQnVp5Ic#comments-wrapper
When did it become acceptable for a top leader of a country to organize and lead attacks and assassinations in foreign countries?

He should.

Was he? The Caretaker PM of Iraq says Suleimani was in Bagdhad to deliver a response to diplomatic overture from SA. Trump's accusation that Suleimani was planning an imminent attack on multiple US embassies has not really stood up to scrutiny, Pompeo specifically refuses to say that intel exists when questioned then spins the conversation to a different direction, and Mark Esper was even on the sunday shows today saying he saw no such intelligence, Mike Lee also says he saw no such evidence. Far as I can tell, Trump seems to have made up the "Suleimani was targeting 4 embassies" line on the spot when he was challenged about justifications on camera, and no one has been able to back up that accusation yet.
Suleimani was not a diplomat. Feel free not to buy the admins claim on other embassy attacks, but don't buy the BS from Iraq on Suleimani. The primary embassy attack was enough to justify the reciprocity, and Suleimani is as much a global terror leader as any we've dealt with in the past.

What attack are you referring to? Are you talking about the event where unarmed Iraqi protestors (don't believe it was a militia, correct me if wrong) breached the embassy and left voluntarily, with no injuries or deaths caused? Is that what you call "reciprocity" where we kill an Iranian general after an angry Iraqi mob rushes our embassy? That reciprocity line may work for Trump's credulous base, but the rest of the world recognizes an escalation when they see one, which the Suleimani killing definitely was.
Right, just an angry mob responding to actions taken in Syria. Was there a video too? The rest of the world just wants to be upset with the US, and proportionality is not required in dealing with parties such as this.
On the border, with three targets in Iraq and two in Syria.
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Perhaps a better tactic would have been to have sent pallets, at night, with billions in cash???

Grow some ****ing nuts child!!!
A better tactic for what purpose? What's your strategy for keeping Iran away from nuclear weapons?
Florda_mike
You do know obama sent them billions in cash?
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

$1.7 billion, so not exactly billions.
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ LMAO at your obama defense and justification! Even you admit $1.7B? Did you count it and do you know what Obama's kickback was?

Immigrate to Iran

You're pitiful
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

^^^ LMAO at your obama defense and justification! Even you admit $1.7B? Did you count it and do you know what Obama's kickback was?

Immigrate to Iran

You're pitiful
No, I didn't count it...Trump did. He called it $1.8. It was closer to $1.7, but I don't see a need to quibble.
ATL Bear
???
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

???
This is in reference to...?
Buddha Bear
Midnight Rider said:

When did it become acceptable to flat out reject a sovereign country's right to kick us out of their own country? (Iraq)
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

Right, just an angry mob responding to actions taken in Syria. Was there a video too? The rest of the world just wants to be upset with the US, and proportionality is not required in dealing with parties such as this.
This.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

This.
"On Sunday evening in Iraq US forces bombed a headquarters of Kataib Hezbollah, an Iraqi-based Shi'ite militia, in response to an attack that killed a US contractor on Friday. US airstrikes targeted at least five locations of the Iraqi-based militia Kataib Hezbollah. The Pentagon says three targets were in Iraq and two in Syria."

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-US-forces-launch-attack-on-Kataib-Hezbollah-base-in-Iraq-612478
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Buddha Bear said:

Midnight Rider said:

When did it become acceptable to flat out reject a sovereign country's right to kick us out of their own country? (Iraq)
We should leave. We should bring our people home. Screw Iran, Russia, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the U.S. Democratic Party. Let the Middle East cannibalize themselves. Have Israel's back. ALWAYS.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

This.
"On Sunday evening in Iraq US forces bombed a headquarters of Kataib Hezbollah, an Iraqi-based Shi'ite militia, in response to an attack that killed a US contractor on Friday. US airstrikes targeted at least five locations of the Iraqi-based militia Kataib Hezbollah. The Pentagon says three targets were in Iraq and two in Syria."

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Report-US-forces-launch-attack-on-Kataib-Hezbollah-base-in-Iraq-612478
I'm still not following. Kata'ib Hezbollah is an Iranian proxy run by Quds.
Bearitto
Buddha Bear said:

Midnight Rider said:

A sovereign nation is only as sovereign as it can maintain through force of arms and alliances. Instability will always welcome in a new sovereign. The notion that nation states are fixed things is a foolish 21st century conceit held mostly by fools and children.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

This.

I'm just saying that the embassy mob was responding to actions taken against an Iraqi militia mostly in Iraq, not Syria.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

This.

I'm just saying that the embassy mob was responding to actions taken against an Iraqi militia mostly in Iraq, not Syria.
Which was prompted by Kata'ib Hezbollah's attack on a US base that killed a contractor. The mob wasn't random either, having the leaders of the PMF (another Iranian proxy) present during the embassy attack.
ValhallaBear
Sam Lowry said:

We really don't know why Soleimani was killed. He flew into the country with Iraq's approval, reportedly to advocate for withdrawal of American troops. We tried to kill another IRGC commander in Yemen at the same time, which undermines the imminent threat rationale.

As Webb points out, we didn't designate China's military as a terrorist group or kill their officers when they were working against us in Vietnam. You can expect opposition when you meddle in what another power perceives to be its sphere of influence. Can you use that as a justification for expanding the war if you want to? Sure. But you only do it if you want to. It's by no means required.
You're stomping on thin ice making this much sense

Now it's imperative that we believe the fake news when they tell us that Soleimani was a mass murderer of Americans and on the verge of blowing up.....everything I guess

He played a crucial role in eliminating ISIS in Syria and Iraq

I guess he should have learned what Saddam and Qaddafi learned....best not to be a Middle East buddy of the US...we'll kill you eventually
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Midnight Rider said:

He should.

This.

Which was prompted by Kata'ib Hezbollah's attack on a US base that killed a contractor. The mob wasn't random either, having the leaders of the PMF (another Iranian proxy) present during the embassy attack.
Maybe, though I have my doubts about the source of the attack on the US base.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

We really don't know why Soleimani was killed. He flew into the country with Iraq's approval, reportedly to advocate for withdrawal of American troops. We tried to kill another IRGC commander in Yemen at the same time, which undermines the imminent threat rationale.

As Webb points out, we didn't designate China's military as a terrorist group or kill their officers when they were working against us in Vietnam. You can expect opposition when you meddle in what another power perceives to be its sphere of influence. Can you use that as a justification for expanding the war if you want to? Sure. But you only do it if you want to. It's by no means required.

Now it's imperative that we believe the fake news when they tell us that Soleimani was a mass murderer of Americans and on the verge of blowing up.....everything I guess

I guess he should have learned what Saddam and Qaddafi learned....best not to be a Middle East buddy of the US...we'll kill you eventually
Suleiman was an angel. He loved the U.S., baseball, Apple pie, and Chevrolet. It touches my heart that you are so willing to fight for his "honor". You have just leap frogged quash as one of the most ultra-Liberal posters on this board! Quite an accomplishment! Congratulations.

-- Barack Obama
Sam Lowry
ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

He probably did kill a lot of Americans. And as you say, he also killed a lot of ISIS. So the question is what do we gain or lose from it, and why now?
ValhallaBear
Sam Lowry said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

He probably did kill a lot of Americans. And as you say, he also killed a lot of ISIS. So the question is what do we we gain or lose from it, and why now?
Well our defense secretary came out today and said there was no specific evidence that Iran was going to attack US embassies

This was a Pompeo deal all the way. Our State Department has been a rogue operation for a while now

Trump apparently will believe pretty much anything
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

If you had to vote tomorrow for President, who would you vote for? (This should be good). Am fully expecting a cinque/ quash response. Which means no response.

-- Barack Obama
ValhallaBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

If you had to vote tomorrow for President, who would you vote for? (This should be good). Am fully expecting a cinque/ quash response. Which means no response.
Are you inferring that I need to be a good soldier and vote for Trumps even though he hasn't fulfilled any of his campaign promises?

And don't feed me that Dow 29000 bull***** That's not doing anything for anybody but people that were already rich to begin with
ATL Bear
I'll just say that Suleimani and the Quds arm of the IRG are not the hill to die on. They are the definition of a state sponsored terrorist organization. More so than al-Qaeda, ISIS, al-Shabaab, Boko Haram, etc.

There's plenty of other bad calls to focus in on in the ME, like our involvement in Syria, Libya, Iraq, and even Afghanistan.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

I'll just say that Suleimani and the Quds arm of the IRG are not the hill to die on.
My point exactly.
ValhallaBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Suleiman was an angel. He loved the U.S., baseball, Apple pie, and Chevrolet. It touches my heart that you are so willing to fight for his "honor". You have just leap frogged quash as one of the most ultra-Liberal posters on this board! Quite an accomplishment! Congratulations.
This is literally just a stupid and uninformed post
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Okay dude. We get it. You're not voting for Trump. Who are you voting for? Not a trick question.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Are you inferring that I need to be a good soldier and vote for Trumps even though he hasn't fulfilled any of his campaign promises?

And don't feed me that Dow 29000 bull***** That's not doing anything for anybody but people that were already rich to begin with
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! That 's what I expected. You are cinque's little apprentice.

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

You are right...Trump has done very little.

Tax cuts
Increased military spending
Re worked trade agreements
Got us out of the Paris Accord
Put our embassy in Jerusalem
Killed off ISIS
Expanded border security
Forced NATO partners to pay more towards their own defense .
Nominated conservative Supreme Court justices .
Prison reform

By all means vote for whomever you wish....any Dem would produce a more conservative agenda .
Florda_mike
ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Ooops, you fell in the "stupid" trap here ^^^

Don't you know that when a Dummycrat calls someone "stupid" or insults someone's intelligence(as "uninformed post" above) that it's proof you've lost?

You're a loser baby, as your in real life too

To have your views, guarantees losing in life. You're a dove
Florda_mike
ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

^^^ Last paragraph shows this dude is a total loser

He has nothing and just plays on a computer whining about it all
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

I'll just say that Suleimani and the Quds arm of the IRG are not the hill to die on.
My point exactly.

It sounded you're defending Suleimani

That's not what ATL is saying

You're defended a terrorist that's killed thousands of Americans and his own people! Are you ok with that?
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

ValhallaBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

ValhallaBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

You are right...Trump has done very little.

Tax cuts
Increased military spending
Re worked trade agreements
Got us out of the Paris Accord
Put our embassy in Jerusalem
Killed off ISIS
Expanded border security
Forced NATO partners to pay more towards their own defense .
Nominated conservative Supreme Court justices .
Prison reform

By all means vote for whomever you wish....any Dem would produce a more conservative agenda .

With sports going so good I'm coming back on this poliboard on an irregular basis

That gives you a chance to see how there's a different idiot piping this crap almost each time I reappear

This time it's Sam Lowery and this Valhalla character that seem to have taken the place of Quash and Cinque

Is there a chance they are all the same? They sound same except for names.

Is there a chance ALL ARE MAKING $0.08-.12 per post as we know Cinque/Jinx/Quash does?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.