Coronavirus updates here

435,872 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATL Bear said:

Updated virus progression

March 19: 4,530 new cases, 57 new deaths
March 20: 5,594 new cases, 49 new deaths
March 21: 4,824 new cases, 46 new deaths
March 22: 9,339 new cases. 117 new deaths
March 23: 10,168 new cases. 140 new deaths.
March 24: 11,089 new cases. 225 new deaths.
March 25: 13,355 new cases. 247 new deaths.
March 26: 17,224 new cases. 268 new deaths.
March 27: 18,691 new cases. 401 new deaths.
March 28: 19,452 new cases. 525 new deaths
March 29: 18,882 new cases. 264 new deaths

Total cases (tested): 142,047
Total deaths: 2,484
Hey, maybe we'll lose our #1 ranking soon.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LTbear
So far the last couple days have seen an ever-so-slight decline in the rate at which cases are increasing. Hopefully, hopefully, a slight indication that measures started a couple weeks ago will start to help.
Oldbear83
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Hey, maybe we'll lose our #1 ranking soon.
I'd be fine with us staying #1, if that meant everyone's death pace was in decline, followed by a falling case rate.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Mitch Blood Green
Some hope. Johnson and Johnson thinks they can begin testing a vaccine in September. If it works, market in January 2021.
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

Turned corner?

Let's see tomorrow
GrowlTowel
All well here. Family had Kung Food for dinner tonight from our local Taste of Virus.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
ATL Bear

March 30: 20,353 new cases. 573 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 163,844
Total deaths: 3,156

Texas: 2,906 cases. 41 deaths.
New York: 67,325 cases. 1,342 deaths.

New York would have the world's 5th highest number of cases by itself.
Guy Noir
I have been following the statistics of the number of deaths. I was hoping that March 28 (525) would be a peak but then the number of deaths on March 30 was 575. Hopefully we can see the trend go down this week, but it could very easily go up.

Mitch Blood Green
Guy Noir said:

I have been following the statistics of the number of deaths. I was hoping that March 28 (525) would be a peak but then the number of deaths on March 30 was 575. Hopefully we can see the trend go down this week, but it could very easily go up.

I don't see it. New Orleans, Miami, Detroit, Chicago are just heating up.
Bearitto
Deaths from Wuhan virus have now topped 3,000.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-latest-news-2020-03-30/

For perspective, this means 1 out of every 110,000 people has died in the US from this pandemic.
Canada2017
Agreed

This nightmare has just begun .
Mitch Blood Green

This is promising.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2020/03/30/johnson--johnson-is-already-ramping-up-production-on-its-1-billion-coronavirus-vaccine/
corncob pipe
So based on computer models, we've gone from 2 million dead in the US to 100,000 in two weeks.

Computer models..... hmmmm
nein51
corncob pipe said:

So based on computer models, we've gone from 2 million dead in the US to 100,000 in two weeks.

First that's a good thing second, that's how modeling works. As the information gets better the predictions get better. It could also mean the quarantine is working.

One of the problems with quarantine is that if it works it's easy to say "see that was nothing".
LTbear
nein51 said:

corncob pipe said:

First that's a good thing second, that's how modeling works. As the information gets better the predictions get better. It could also mean the quarantine is working.

One of the problems with quarantine is that if it works it's easy to say "see that was nothing".

Ya, I don't get how this isn't clear. Let's hope the continued distancing measures keep bringing those modeling numbers down even further.
corncob pipe
The experts will then say their recommendations to shut down the economy saved millions. And, because you can't prove a negative, this claim can't be rebuked.
Oldbear83
corncob pipe said:

The experts will then say their recommendations to shut down the economy saved millions. And, because you can't prove a negative, this claim can't be rebuked.
Of course it can be rebuked. The cost of the actions will be debated for a long time. I think you mean 'rebutted', which is arguable but closer to accurate, since the claim that destroying the life savings and careers of millions to save thousands of lives was necessary is non-falsifiable.

Sam Lowry
The models haven't changed. 100,000 is and always has been an optimistic number.
EatMoreSalmon
The numbers will be greatly affected by how any nursing and medical facilities are invaded by the virus. See Washington.
Florda_mike
Get the friggin chloroquine up and running everywhere and let's go back to work again

MAGA!
LTbear
Florda_mike said:

Get the friggin chloroquine up and running everywhere and let's go back to work again

MAGA!

Chloroquine is not some magic cure. For the life of my I can't understand why you seem to think it just fixes the crisis, despite all available evidence. It can be helpful, certainly, as are a few other treatments. None of them are nearly so effective as reducing plausible transmission via prolonged social distancing.
Oldbear83
LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

Chloroquine is not some magic cure. For the life of my I can't understand why you seem to think it just fixes the crisis, despite all available evidence. It can be helpful, certainly, as are a few other treatments. None of them are nearly so effective as reducing plausible transmission via prolonged social distancing.
God only knows why you would work so hard to spit on any hope people find.
LTbear
Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

What? You're not good at reading. I LITERALLY JUST SAID IT CAN BE HELPFUL.

Good lord, you got your panties in a twist after I called you out for saying something stupid, and you just can't get those panties untwisted. We all want this to end. Selling false hope on a helpful but not remotely close to a cure drug and suggesting we should just pour out of our houses and go back to normal is not beneficial.
Oldbear83
LTbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

What? You're not good at reading. I just said it can be helpful. Good lord, you got your panties in a twist after I called you out for saying something stupid, and you just can't get those panties untwisted. We all want this to end. Selling false hope on a helpful but not remotely close to a cure drug and suggesting we should just pour out of our houses and go back to normal is not beneficial.
You are very bitter, as evidenced by your posts.

We will survive this. It takes hope and confidence to get there, and too many people sell gloom and spite.

Choose your words as you will, but remember in these times your words effect the lives of others.
LTbear
Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

What? You're not good at reading. I just said it can be helpful. Good lord, you got your panties in a twist after I called you out for saying something stupid, and you just can't get those panties untwisted. We all want this to end. Selling false hope on a helpful but not remotely close to a cure drug and suggesting we should just pour out of our houses and go back to normal is not beneficial.
You are very bitter, as evidenced by your posts.

We will survive this. It takes hope and confidence to get there, and too many people sell gloom and spite.

Choose your words as you will, but remember in these times your words effect the lives of others.

My God son, trying to talk to you has been a waste of time lately. I hope you'll get over your bitterness so we can actually converse at some point in the future. 'Til then I'll just leave you to your deflections and grasping at straws.
LTbear
LTbear said:

So far the last couple days have seen an ever-so-slight decline in the rate at which cases are increasing. Hopefully, hopefully, a slight indication that measures started a couple weeks ago will start to help.

Looks like I was too optimistic. Hopefully the continued distancing measures will start to show up in the data in the next week or so.
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

You're getting it

LT sorts here want no social gatherings before Election Day

No Trump rallies, no Biden vs Trump debates, no economy, massive debt to pay lacking economy, free stuff, no Trump on TV if possible, vote by mail, vote fraud like never before, dead voting and on and on and on

Sacrifice everything to eliminate Trump finally

Hence, they're negative about obvious cures

Chinese noticed Lupus patients on chloroquine were not getting coronavirus

Humm, could there be a reason?

Tried Hydroxychloroquine on coronavirus patients and now it's all gone! Why don't we? Because there's too many LTs in high places and it cuts big dollars from Big Pharma using this generic
LTbear
PartyBear said:

It appears that the death rate here is running at about 1.6% thus far based on confirmed cases and the death number.

It seems like the past few days it's been growing, settling near 2%, but the actual case load is of course much higher than the confirmed, as tests are still ridiculously hard to get in many parts of the country. My wife saw a patient (not hers, but briefly saw and looked through their info) that she is 100% certain is positive, but because she (the patient) isn't considered a high risk patient, her doctors couldn't order the test. Tell many restrictions in order to save available tests (which on face value is a good thing, just still a complete failure of test production).
Florda_mike
LTbear said:

LTbear said:

Looks like I was too optimistic. Hopefully the continued distancing measures will start to show up in the data in the next week or so.

Yeah you'll be giving credit to your chicken **** distancing when chloroquine kills it off, I know!
Oldbear83
Florda, I don't mean to be rude, but picking fights with half the room is not a good way to build hope and optimism, either.
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

LTbear said:

LTbear said:

Yeah you'll be giving credit to your chicken **** distancing when chloroquine kills it off, I know!
Voluntary distancing makes good sense from what we know about this virus.

It's a question of lockdowns that should be debated.
Florda_mike
LTbear said:

PartyBear said:

It appears that the death rate here is running at about 1.6% thus far based on confirmed cases and the death number.

It seems like the past few days it's been growing, settling near 2%, but the actual case load is of course much higher than the confirmed, as tests are still ridiculously hard to get in many parts of the country. My wife saw a patient (not hers, but briefly saw and looked through their info) that she is 100% certain is positive, but because she (the patient) isn't considered a high risk patient, her doctors couldn't order the test. Tell many restrictions in order to save available tests (which on face value is a good thing, just still a complete failure of test production).

We depend on doctors advicewaytoo much because we think they're so smart. All the know is what they're taught and it doesn't include certain cures

You trust docs because of this and she's your wife and main breadwinner. Congratulations on that as that would make life easier for me too

Liberal anti Trump doc I know says chloroquine won't work just because Trump suggested it

We'll see
LTbear
Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

LTbear said:

Florda_mike said:

MAGA!

You're getting it

LT sorts here want no social gatherings before Election Day

No Trump rallies, no Biden vs Trump debates, no economy, massive debt to pay lacking economy, free stuff, no Trump on TV if possible, vote by mail, vote fraud like never before, dead voting and on and on and on

Sacrifice everything to eliminate Trump finally

Hence, they're negative about obvious cures

Chinese noticed Lupus patients on chloroquine were not getting coronavirus

Humm, could there be a reason?

Tried Hydroxychloroquine on coronavirus patients and now it's all gone! Why don't we? Because there's too many LTs in high places and it cuts big dollars from Big Pharma using this generic

The **** is wrong with you son? Did you read the studies? NOT ALL patients taking hydroxy had it cleared. The original one - with a ridiculously small N of 20 - looked good. The later French study looked good but not as good and still had a low N of 80. The current clinical trial will be more useful as it's going to have an N of more than 1,000. In the meantime hydroxy should be used by any patient who has no reason to be suspected of having an adverse reaction, but it IS NOT A CURE, and telling people they should relax because there is a cure is irresponsible and downright idiotic. This isn't hard. You sound like a ******* conspiracy theorist.
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Florda, I don't mean to be rude, but picking fights with half the room is not a good way to build hope and optimism, either.

I know who they are

Give it time, you're trending same way I have over time

Hope that doesn't scare ya
LTbear
Florda_mike said:

LTbear said:

PartyBear said:

We depend on doctors advicewaytoo much because we think they're so smart. All the know is what they're taught and it doesn't include certain cures

Holy Christ. You literally are an idiot.
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.