Coronavirus updates here

435,396 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
Bearitto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

LTbear said:

Buddha Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

So the 7,087 known deaths in the U.S., and 58,787 deaths around to world, as of today, and the plummet in the world financial markets, are all the result of greed for stimulus money? I'd like to hear how you reconcile that belief with reality.

Ok I agree we should shut everything down over some deaths

7000 of 350,000,000? Seriously?

What do you think about the 1,000,000+ babies murdered per year from abortion? Should we stop work over abortion?

There's others! 9 deaths on Texas highways per day! That's as many deaths each month as California has. Should we stop driving?

25,000 have died from common flu! What would you do about that?

Doesn't matter, there's tons of money chasing these corona stats now so they'll be amplified for another stimulus package

And what about the only 3 governors to outlaw Hydroxychloroquine in their state. All 3 were democrats. Why? TDS and can't let him win again?

Ok, now say this boy is cra cra but I'll be right in the end

I've been scammed before, and so this one is easy to see
You've been wrong every step of the way so far. I don't see that changing anytime soon. You're becoming the Alex Jones of this site.

Mikey isn't worth engaging with. He's likely just a troll. At first you think he's just stupid, then you slowly start to realize there's no way he's actually this stupid, this naive, and this cemented in said stupidity.

Agree same deal with Bearritto.

Ha! I'm happy to address ANY post I made that was shown to be wrong. Go ahead and find one. I'll wait.
LTbear
PartyBear said:

LTbear said:

Buddha Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

So the 7,087 known deaths in the U.S., and 58,787 deaths around to world, as of today, and the plummet in the world financial markets, are all the result of greed for stimulus money? I'd like to hear how you reconcile that belief with reality.

Ok I agree we should shut everything down over some deaths

7000 of 350,000,000? Seriously?

What do you think about the 1,000,000+ babies murdered per year from abortion? Should we stop work over abortion?

There's others! 9 deaths on Texas highways per day! That's as many deaths each month as California has. Should we stop driving?

25,000 have died from common flu! What would you do about that?

Doesn't matter, there's tons of money chasing these corona stats now so they'll be amplified for another stimulus package

And what about the only 3 governors to outlaw Hydroxychloroquine in their state. All 3 were democrats. Why? TDS and can't let him win again?

Ok, now say this boy is cra cra but I'll be right in the end

I've been scammed before, and so this one is easy to see
You've been wrong every step of the way so far. I don't see that changing anytime soon. You're becoming the Alex Jones of this site.

Mikey isn't worth engaging with. He's likely just a troll. At first you think he's just stupid, then you slowly start to realize there's no way he's actually this stupid, this naive, and this cemented in said stupidity.

Agree same deal with Bearritto.

Ha, ya I said the same of him in a different thread.
EatMoreSalmon
Yesterday, New York alone had more new cases than any country but France. Even with their new deaths down from previous days, they had more than all but four countries (not including the US, of course).

Why is New York this bad compared to Washington or California, which had the virus likely sooner?
TexasScientist
EatMoreSalmon said:

Yesterday, New York alone had more new cases than any country but France. Even with their new deaths down from previous days, they had more than all but four countries (not including the US, of course).

Why is New York this bad compared to Washington or California, which had the virus likely sooner?
Cuomo said in one of his Q&A's he thought it was because NY is more of a hub for international travel for locals, and foreigners, higher population density, and lack of ability to adequately test.
Aliceinbubbleland
TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Cuomo said in one of his Q&A's he thought it was because NY is more of a hub for international travel for locals, and foreigners, higher population density, and lack of ability to adequately test.
Yes, yes and yes.
LTbear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Yes, yes and yes.

Yep, all of the above.
EatMoreSalmon
TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

I wonder how that is so different from Seattle. Seattle is a hub for Asia traffic. Testing has been a problem from day 1. Worldometer is now showing testing counts, and the US is by far the highest testing totals.

San Francisco has port and air travel to and from Asia. It is very dense. Something else must be at play.

One anecdotal note:
My wife was noticing that a large number of New Yorkers were gathered to see the military hospital ship come into port.

Has NYC not been able to put a clamp on public gatherings?
LTbear
EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

I wonder how that is so different from Seattle. Seattle is a hub for Asia traffic. Testing has been a problem from day 1. Worldometer is now showing testing counts, and the US is by far the highest testing totals.

San Francisco has port and air travel to and from Asia. It is very dense. Something else must be at play.

One anecdotal note:
My wife was noticing that a large number of New Yorkers were gathered to see the military hospital ship come into port.

Your points about Seattle and SF are certainly valid. My only thought is that the NYC area takes the population and population density factors to a whole other level.
Florda_mike
EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Heard they're still riding infested subways

Mayor DeBlaz told em to not change habits at start of this

People on top of each other

Half deaths in country in this democrat state

Democrats destroy and kill areas they reign supreme. Look at worst numbers, almost all democrat cities, mayors and/or governors

Can't be more obvious
TexasScientist
LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Your points about Seattle and SF are certainly valid. My only thought is that the NYC area takes the population and population density factors to a whole other level.
As I recall we're behind in tests per capita which is considered more significant than total tests. South Korea, the last I heard, was one of the highest if not the highest in tests per capita. They have been very aggressive in testing, identifying, tracking, and isolating people who have been in contact. In addition, they have required everyone to wear a mask from the beginning.
Oldbear83
EatMoreSalmon: "Has NYC not been able to put a clamp on public gatherings?"

There's the rub. No matter how you issue an order to stay home, in the US all such orders are essentially voluntary in effect. If people to a large degree ignore such an order, you don't have enough law enforcement to compel obedience.

So communication and persuasion are the critical elements needed, but sadly in short supply.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Aliceinbubbleland
LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Completely different cities. Seattle and SF do not depend on public transportation for the masses like NYC. If you've ever seen the concrete canyons of apartments throughout Queens, Brooklyn, etal there is no comparison. JFK probably sees more international flights in a four hour period then Seattle and SF see in a day combined.

And the Italian population is huge in NYC and we all know how badly impacted Italy has been this year.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

As I recall we're behind in tests per capita which is considered more significant than total tests. South Korea, the last I heard, was one of the highest if not the highest in tests per capita. They have been very aggressive in testing, identifying, tracking, and isolating people who have been in contact. In addition, they have required everyone to wear a mask from the beginning.
South Koreans were fastidious about hygiene from long ago. I was at a business meeting with people from South Korea once, and they washed their hands before and after the meeting. And masks have been in common use since 2010 at least in most Asian cities.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Heard they're still riding infested subways

Mayor DeBlaz told em to not change habits at start of this

People on top of each other

Half deaths in country in this democrat state

Democrats destroy and kill areas they reign supreme. Look at worst numbers, almost all democrat cities, mayors and/or governors

Can't be more obvious
Or, it just might be those are large urban cities with high density populations, and is coincidental to their political leanings.
Florda_mike
Oh yeah, sure

Uh huh

You're right
EatMoreSalmon
TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

South Korea testing is higher per capita, but you are talking about .8% of the population vs. .5% tested in the U.S.

US tests as of today: 1,632,955

S. Korea tests as of today: 455,032
Booray
EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

South Korea testing is higher per capita, but you are talking about .8% of the population vs. .5% tested in the U.S.

When were those tests performed relative to the crisis?
ATL Bear
Updated virus progression

March 19: 4,530 new cases, 57 new deaths
March 20: 5,594 new cases, 49 new deaths
March 21: 4,824 new cases, 46 new deaths
March 22: 9,339 new cases. 117 new deaths
March 23: 10,168 new cases. 140 new deaths.
March 24: 11,089 new cases. 225 new deaths.
March 25: 13,355 new cases. 247 new deaths.
March 26: 17,224 new cases. 268 new deaths.
March 27: 18,691 new cases. 401 new deaths.
March 28: 19,452 new cases. 525 new deaths
March 29: 18,882 new cases. 264 new deaths
March 30: 20,353 new cases. 573 new deaths.
March 31: 24,742 new cases. 912 new deaths.
April 1: 26,473 new cases. 1049 new deaths.
April 2: 29,874 new cases. 968 new deaths.
April 3: 32,284 new cases. 1,321 new deaths.
April 4: 34,196 new cases. 1,331 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 311,357
Total deaths: 8,452 deaths

Texas:
March 30: 2,906 cases. 41 deaths.
March 31: 3,666 cases. 56 deaths.
April 1: 4,068 cases. 60 deaths
April 2: 4,823 cases. 77 deaths
April 3: 5,658 cases. 97 deaths
April 4: 6,311 cases. 111 deaths

New York:
March 30: 67,325 cases. 1,342 deaths.
March 31: 75,983 cases. 1,714 deaths.
April 1: 83,901 cases. 2,219 deaths. (505 today!)
April 2: 93,053 cases. 2,583 deaths.
April 3: 103,476 cases. 3,218 deaths. (680 today!)
April 4: 114,775 cases. 3,565 deaths.

NY/NJ still comprising 50% of new cases and deaths.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Total cases (tested): 311,357
Total deaths: 8,452 deaths

Texas:

New York:

NY/NJ still comprising 50% of new cases and deaths.
Thanks for stats
quash
Booray said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Early. They tracked contacts, tested, then tracked contacts from positive test results, etc. When you land in Inchon you have to install two apps on your phone after your test, one for tracking, one for advice/info. Then you get a welcome pack to take with you for 14 days if quarantine: rice, face masks, etc.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Aliceinbubbleland
I wonder how Kim Jong-un in North Korea and his people are surviving this epidemic? I'd think NK would be very susceptible to a pandemic but perhaps their borders with China were sealed?
Booray
quash said:

Booray said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

Early. They tracked contacts, tested, then tracked contacts from positive test results, etc. When you land in Inchon you have to install two apps on your phone after your test, one for tracking, one for advice/info. Then you get a welcome pack to take with you for 14 days if quarantine: rice, face masks, etc.

A tad more useful then our attempts, regardless of the numbers. ACLU would have had field day if we had gone that route
quash
They may get.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
TexasScientist
Aliceinbubbleland said:

I wonder how Kim Jong-un in North Korea and his people are surviving this epidemic? I'd think NK would be very susceptible to a pandemic but perhaps their borders with China were sealed?

They likely execute the virus.
TexasScientist
quash said:

Booray said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

LTbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

TexasScientist said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

One anecdotal note:

It seems there are two lessons to learn. One from South Korea and one from Italy. We followed Italy's and we're going to pay for it.
Mitch Blood Green
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/couple-names-newborn-twins-covid-and-corona/2250549/
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Former NFL record holding kicker Tom Dempsey dies from complications from coronavirus. His record long 63 yard field goal stood for 43 years before Matt Prater kicked a 64 yarder in 2013.

https://sports.yahoo.com/legendary-nfl-kicker-tom-dempsey-dies-after-fight-with-coronavirus-134917908.html
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

They likely execute the virus.
More likely, some poor sap who annoys the Great Leader is accused of spreading the virus, and his family gets executed.
ATL Bear

April 5: 25,316 new cases. 1,165 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 336,673
Total deaths: 9,616 deaths

Texas:
April 5: 7,044 cases. 133 deaths

New York:
April 5: 123,018 cases. 4,159 deaths. (594 today)

Have been reading about some positive trends in the NY/NJ area. Hasn't shown up in the numbers yet, but if we can turn a corner there, we might get a handle on this and start moving toward a return to normalcy.
bear2be2
ATL Bear said:

April 5: 25,316 new cases. 1,165 new deaths.

Total cases (tested): 336,673
Total deaths: 9,616 deaths

Texas:
April 5: 7,044 cases. 133 deaths

New York:
April 5: 123,018 cases. 4,159 deaths. (594 today)

Have been reading about some positive trends in the NY/NJ area. Hasn't shown up in the numbers yet, but if we can turn a corner there, we might get a handle on this and start moving toward a return to normalcy.
I think we're going to be on a staggered schedule for a while. Looking at Italy's data, New York should peak sometime in the next two weeks, but as Italy has shown, it's more of a plateau than an apex at the top. And once things do finally start to taper in New York, I fear we'll see other major cities throughout the U.S. get hit -- albeit without the same ferocity. I'm afraid we'll be dealing with this for a while yet, with the final peaking coming in May.
ATL Bear
It would appear that the most severely hit nations all had a "hot spot" region, and once that region comes under control the virus numbers saw a steep decline.
Booray
ATL Bear said:

It would appear that the most severely hit nations all had a "hot spot" region, and once that region comes under control the virus numbers saw a steep decline.
Makes sense. In our case, NYC convinces us to social distance. By the time the virus gets to us, it has more trouble transmitting as we are away from each other. Plus the medical system has a crucial 2-3 weeks to prepare.
quash
Testing is still crucial. We are admitting new prisoners into jails where there is no chance of social distancing unless you lockdown the facility. One new case comes in and it's instant hotspot.
Mitch Blood Green
EatMoreSalmon said:

Density and reaction. In WA, it hit in a retirement home. Shocking. WA and CA began practicing social distancing right away.

In NY, I understood a woman with the virus went to two parties that were sizable within days. Add on top of that the density of apartment living and public transportation use.

Once NY reacted, it was too late.
Jack Bauer
The Surgeon General, Jerome Adams, appeared on a couple of Sunday morning shows to deliver a stern, stark message

"This is going to be the hardest and the saddest week of most Americans' lives."

"This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment and our 9/11 moment only it's not going to be localized, it's going to be happening all over the country,"
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.