Coronavirus updates here

432,325 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some people will find a reason to dispute any good news.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jacques Strap
Does Chemo "cure"cancer of just help you survive it?
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

Booray said:

McLennan County reports 111 new cases today with an increase of hospitalizations from 30 to 38 (27% increase). If you maintain that rate of increase in hospitalizations for a week you would see a 500% increase in hospitalized patients in one week.

Why stop at 500%? Go for broke.

Pro tip: when you are looking at single digit increases (8) in populations of 100k, absolute numbers provide more context and percentage increases like that tend to distort the real impact. You knew that, right?

He's even talking about McLennan Co so closer to 200,000 population, right?

8:200,000 = .00004% of population I believe, right?

I'd bet going to work with those numbers

But we all know democrats want/need to shut it down over Trump Trump Trump don't we? Also gotta hide the lifelessness of Dementia Joe! Truly lifeless!
I don't think people want to shut down. They want leadership in developing a national coordinated response of testing, identifying, tracing and isolating, wearing masks and social distancing. Other countries have avoided shutting down by doing that. Ignoring the problem makes it worse and costs lives unnecessarily.

Trump doesn't have anything over Biden. Trump in his ramblings can't complete a sentence or thought.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

Data up through today 7/2

Similar data but only up through 6/21

Got to put restrictions back in place in the hot spots .

There's no choice .

Choose to be careful, not live in fear.

There is a difference.

Fella.......I'm not exactly sure what your issue is.

But you are simply not worth another moment of my time.

Back to 'ignore'.

People often 'ignore' anything that gets in the way of their assumptions.
That's a good description of our Federal response.
TexasScientist
Aliceinbubbleland said:

LTbear said:

This is pathetic. And completely unnecessary. 7-day rolling average of new cases.

Simple answer is our testing is much higher.
A higher number of tests is meaninlgless. The percentage of positive tests is going up exponentially indicating widespread transmission. The death count wich laggs behind will start to rise in a few weeks.
Baylor3216
Move to Sweden. Ain't nobody dying of Covid there

Guess all their heat killed it off
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

LTbear said:

This is pathetic. And completely unnecessary. 7-day rolling average of new cases.

Simple answer is our testing is much higher.
A higher number of tests is meaninlgless. The percentage of positive tests is going up exponentially indicating widespread transmission. The death count wich laggs behind will start to rise in a few weeks.
Yep
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Canada2017 said:

LTbear said:

Data up through today 7/2

Similar data but only up through 6/21

Got to put restrictions back in place in the hot spots .

There's no choice .

Choose to be careful, not live in fear.

There is a difference.

Fella.......I'm not exactly sure what your issue is.

But you are simply not worth another moment of my time.

Back to 'ignore'.

People often 'ignore' anything that gets in the way of their assumptions.
That's a good description of our Federal response.
And more than a few Governors as well.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Florda_mike
Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Good job media - Your TDS killed who knows how many people.

Surprising to whom? All the doctors who countinued to routinely prescribe it in spite of leftists tantrums seemed to understand it worked.

Med community was prescribing it to themselves according to my doc

I've been on it 6 weeks with no side affects
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Happy Birthday America. Screw the power hungry bureaucrats lusting for power and control. They can all kiss my ass. Let Freedom ring!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
robby44
'We need to live with it': White House readies new message for the nation on coronavirus

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1232884?__twitter_impression=true
nein51
robby44 said:

'We need to live with it': White House readies new message for the nation on coronavirus

Not popular but likely true. It's clearly not going away any time soon.
blackie
nein51 said:

robby44 said:

Not popular but likely true. It's clearly not going away any time soon.
From the article:

Quote:

As a result, President Donald Trump's top advisers plan to argue, the country must figure out how to press forward despite it. Therapeutic drugs will be showcased as a key component for doing that and the White House will increasingly emphasize the relatively low risk most Americans have of dying from the virus, officials said.

Yes, the relative risk of dying is low, but the relative risk of it screwing you both now and after you have "recovered" is not low. Just listen to your local news about people in your community that have gotten this thing and are continuing to have problems after they no longer test positive. I think that is the thing that bothers me the most. And many of these stories are of young people previously in good health.

My concern is that while this message is going to have to be said that it will be taken by the irresponsible public that it is time to go on as "normal". Group together as tightly in the past, don't bother with masks or don't use them as they should be used, and assume it isn't your problem. That is a grave injustice to those who want to move on with their lives, but not be impacted by some bozo that couldn't give a hoot about you or others around him/her.

Having therapeutic drugs that can stop this thing before it does lasting damage is critical.
Florda_mike
robby44 said:

I.E. "grow some nuts, take due care of yourself and get on with your life"

Not exactly the motto of your Democrat Party of entitlement, goes against everything about you, so makes sense you lefties don't go for it

Poor little things!
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Surprising to whom? All the doctors who countinued to routinely prescribe it in spite of leftists tantrums seemed to understand it worked.

Smart move .
jupiter

cinque
And our lack of national guidance will ensure that we will not contain the virus.
jupiter
Username checks out
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

I would love for all Trumpists to take it
Booray
robby44 said:

So I guess the virus is not going to magically disappear?
Osodecentx
Booray said:

robby44 said:

So I guess the virus is not going to magically disappear?
Just click your heels

Florda_mike
Username checks out said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

On this we agree

And I'd love for all Trump haters to refuse to take it

Deal?
Username checks out
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

On this we agree

And I'd love for all Trump haters to refuse to take it

Deal?

What's a Trump hater, someone who quotes his tweets verbatim?
cinque
Biden must have first day plans for a coordinated national strategy to get this virus under control. Otherwise, we'll never see the end of this pandemic.
Username checks out
cinque said:

Biden must have first day plans for a coordinated national strategy to get this virus under control. Otherwise, we'll never see the end of this pandemic.

Hopefully it will have burned through by then, otherwise we'll be looking at over a year of quarantine. What can government realistically do if it's that bad? I am just hoping he will bring back regular updates to the people, without the fraudulent self-promotion of his predecessor. Would appreciate having a leader looks us in the eye and tell us, "this is bad. We are all ****ed, but can be less ****ed if we wear masks and stay apart from each other. Wash your hands and support your local small business, they need it. This is not a hoax and affects everyone, Republican or Democrat."
cinque

cinque said:

Hopefully it will have burned through by then, otherwise we'll be looking at over a year of quarantine. What can government realistically do if it's that bad? I am just hoping he will bring back regular updates to the people, without the fraudulent self-promotion of his predecessor. Would appreciate having a leader looks us in the eye and tell us, "this is bad. We are all ****ed, but can be less ****ed if we wear masks and stay apart from each other. Wash your hands and support your local small business, they need it. This is not a hoax and affects everyone, Republican or Democrat."
We have to do something radically different because this hodge podge, each state do your own thing approach is not working and will only cause more people to lose their lives unnecessarily. The Canadian medical authorities have said despite their missteps early on, they have successfully flattened the curve, due in large measure to all Canadians embracing the truth of the seriousness of COVID and observing safety protocols.

That has not happened here.
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

It is obvious your cancer doctors removed the only tissues from you that weren't malignant .

As you are one horribly toxic individual .
Username checks out
Canada2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

It is obvious your cancer doctors removed the only tissues from you that weren't malignant .

It's all fun and games until someone calls you on your pseudoscientific garbage, much like how trump's handlers were being vigorously tested while the carnival barker in chief downplayed the virus and claimed it was a Democrat hoax in February.
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

It's all fun and games until someone calls you on your pseudoscientific garbage, much like how trump's handlers were being vigorously tested while the carnival barker in chief downplayed the virus and claimed it was a Democrat hoax in February.
You're babbling again.

Time for either another user name change or cancer screening .

Better hurry .
Username checks out
Canada2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Bearitto said:

riflebear said:

Smart move .

You're babbling again.

Time for either another user name change or cancer screening .

Better hurry .

I can't for the life of me figure out why people are taking hydroxychloroquine for a disease that was declared a Democrat hoax by the president in February, but I will sign back with my popcorn and watch what happens, much like when the president instructed people to inject themselves with bleach.
Canada2017
Still babbling .

You aren't right in the head kid.

Get a screening .
Username checks out
Canada2017 said:

Still babbling .

Get a screening .

Perhaps I should take hydroxychloroquine, although I hear that's only for a pandemic that President Trump called a Democrat hoax in February.
Florda_mike
cinque said:

cinque said:

We have to do something radically different because this hodge podge, each state do your own thing approach is not working and will only cause more people to lose their lives unnecessarily. The Canadian medical authorities have said despite their missteps early on, they have successfully flattened the curve, due in large measure to all Canadians embracing the truth of the seriousness of COVID and observing safety protocols.

That has not happened here.

^^^ This wasn't written by the Cinque(slang for Chinaman and racist term FYI) we know!!!
Florda_mike

Canada2017 said:

Still babbling .

Get a screening .

Perhaps I should take hydroxychloroquine, although I hear that's only for a pandemic that President Trump called a Democrat hoax in February.

Don't take Hydroxychloroquine if you get the COVID!

Save it for those more deserving, or most anyone besides you
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

Still babbling .

Get a screening .

Perhaps I should take hydroxychloroquine,
You have no idea just how stupid you are .

But its up to another poster ( not Florida Mike ) to provide you with some facts if he chooses to do so .
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.